Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Holy cow pat, hasn’t he only got 1year left on his contract??

I don’t know how to feel about this!

Watched him a few times for Portugal, been amazing in some, and literally non existent in others.

My guessing is we’ve sold MGW, as it is repeatedly mentioned we need to sell to buy.
After yesterday Forrest can have him

TWOLF

Reaction score
Has anybody looked at his YouTube highlights? Had to double check I hadn’t accidentally typed in Neto by mistake.

Anybody worried that we may have accepted a bid for Neto and this is his replacement?

Reactions: Ian

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anybody looked at his YouTube highlights? Had to double check I hadn’t accidentally typed in Neto by mistake.

Anybody worried that we may have accepted a bid for Neto and this is his replacement?
Nah, I can’t see that happening. We need more players, not to just replace the ones we already have. If we’re playing 4231 then we only have Neto, Podence, MGW and Hwang to fill those three positions. We need another option.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No I think it will be one or both of Coady and Gibbs White to leave.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Belotti not keen apparently. Not surprising if we’re only offering 67k per week to a free agent. Have these guys running this club got any concept of the real world?
It's still probably double what he has ever been paid at Torino.....I don't see a que of clubs waiting to offer him more....the season has started and he hasn't got a club.....should tell you a lot....even if he is free ...

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know much about Guedes, but looking at his goal scoring record doesn’t fill me with excitement. Anyone no what his assist stats are?

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's still probably double what he has ever been paid at Torino.....I don't see a que of clubs waiting to offer him more....the season has started and he hasn't got a club.....should tell you a lot....even if he is free ...
Has anybody told him we are absolutely fantastic at making up songs for Italian strikers?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like we’re using the Nunes money on Guedes. I imagine agreeing terms with the player shouldn’t be an issue.

Some of the reports last night suggested we’d already agreed personal terms verbally, and it was just contract and medical to do.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tv

But we know its sell to buy so without a big sale there's no big purchase(s). Selling is the vital step.
I suspect that if Ne es had gone for the money we want we would try to buy Nunes and Ramos, hence the long term links.
We haven't so now it's maybe MGW (for enough to buy Nunes) or more likely Coady.
Fosun seem to be positioning for a sale so will be reluctant to significantly increase the club debt. Its a hard sell to Fosun money men "Give me £100 million and I reckon we have a 50/50 chance of making the Europa league, meaning we could make £30 million back".
I know you wrote this yesterday morning so i am not having a go but the leeds match showed selling to buy is *******s. We have to buy a couple or we will be playing in the championship next season

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know you wrote this yesterday morning so i am not having a go but the leeds match showed selling to buy is *******s.

What if you sell one player and with the money but two?

For example we sell MGW for £35 million and with that money we buy Guedes and Almeida?

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if Mgw and Coady are sold for 50 mil

Are we looking at
Guedes -perm
Batsuyai -loan
Nunes -perm
Ramos -Loan to buy

R

reanswolf

I don’t get the buzz around Belotti myself, I’m not convinced he’d suit the premiership, and I find it strange that people don’t seem to be queuing up to buy him considering he’s a free agent now.
I agree it’s a bit strange. He stood out for Torino when he played us, looked superb then.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Belotti not keen apparently. Not surprising if we’re only offering 67k per week to a free agent. Have these guys running this club got any concept of the real world?

Roma are offering him less and he is willing to sign for them.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember folks, the “1 in, 1 out” scenario doesn’t work in that way.

If we sell MGW for £35m it doesn’t mean that that £35m has been spent on Guedes, for accounting purposes.

We amortise Guedes’ signing over the length of his contract (say 5 years). So in reality if we sell MGW for £35m and Sign Guedes for £35m, we’ve only used £7m of that £35m this year.

Money coming IN goes straight on the books as a lump sum. Money going OUT is amortised over contract length.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been away for a few days are the belotti rummors real. Also what’s the latest on nunes.

Watching the game yesterday we need some recruits.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there's a touch of the Tony Dinning to Bellotti. He was good against us so we think that's how good he always is. He can be, but he goes through long spells where he's useless. I think he'd be a very good signing on a free, but he's perhaps not the player a lot on here think he is.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we sell MGW for £35m it doesn’t mean that that £35m has been spent on Guedes, for accounting purposes.

We amortise Guedes’ signing over the length of his contract (say 5 years). So in reality if we sell MGW for £35m and Sign Guedes for £35m, we’ve only used £7m of that £35m this year.

Money coming IN goes straight on the books as a lump sum. Money going OUT is amortised over contract length.
That's an accounting trick that enables substantial losses in one year to be spread over many years, but it can't be repeated year after year after year (not that we have been).

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Even if the sale fee is paid in instalments?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's an accounting trick that enables substantial losses in one year to be spread over many years, but it can't be repeated year after year after year (not that we have been).

It is repeated year after year after year though.

It’s how it works in football.

Big teams sell 1 player and then go on a splurge.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it telling that all top Italian clubs haven't signed him, not just nw on a free but previously from Torino......and yes quite a few do judge players on one good game against us......

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah. The total value of the sale (without bonuses) goes straight on the books at the selling club.

Think of it like a car depreciating in value.

Thanks, makes sense from an accounting perspective.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t think the accounting treatment has any relevance as we aren’t running for profit purposes, self sustainable will be around cashflow so it’ll be the structure of the deals that’s relevant above all else I’d imagine.

Back
Top Bottom