Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3,500 down? Surely there's been a '0' added to that?! Average attendance last season was 30,692, compared to 31,025 in 18/19

In fact, I've seen the figure you got on Transfermarkt, which also has us with the 30,692 I've said! Don't think there was a crowd below 30k last season though so 27k is definitely off the mark
Yeah, not so sure what to think of their figures now. I just Googled "Wolves average attendance" and that was the first result.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the basis of your capitulation of support???
There’s no guarantees in football, that’s what makes the game so addictive.
We’ll win some, lose some, flirt with relegation, flirt with Europe, get beaten by dross and then stomp over Man City in their own back yard. That’s life, that’s football.
If you really think we’ll be one of the worst three clubs next season, then can I buy your season ticket off you, our lass wants one…she’s got a stronger backbone than most on here, that’s for sure.
You are mixing up concern expressed on a message board with supporting the team in the ground. Totally different but if it lets you tell everyone on here what a super fan you are crack on.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s outrageous letting him go, when we don’t have a backup

Ffs - pedant
Not really and no it isn't outrageous. As has been pointed out numerous times, things are just not that simple.

Now if you want to say outrageous come Sept 1st if we haven't replaced him, I'm not going to argue even if I still think that extreme. I'll be annoyed too and I'll certainly consider it short sighted and stupid.

The 'outrage' here is manufactured and misplaced. It's football, it's a loan for a young player who needed it, we have forwards, we have a few weeks left, and yes we need a striker.

But 'outrageous' - OTT, just art of this culture of being aggressively annoyed and upset by things these days. In this case it's a basically trivial thing in football. Seriously, get over it. Be frustrated sure, but stop throwing around all this extreme stuff.

You know what's outrageous? Clubs going to the wall, the corruption of the top clubs, etc. You know what isn't? Wolves loaning out a young striker who needs games and continuing to look for a replacement with 5 weeks left of the transfer window.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really and no it isn't outrageous. As has been pointed out numerous times, things are just not that simple.

Now if you want to say outrageous come Sept 1st if we haven't replaced him, I'm not going to argue even if I still think that extreme. I'll be annoyed too.

The 'outrage' here is manufactured and misplaced. It's football, it's a loan for a young player who needed it, we have forwards, we have a few weeks left, and yes we need a striker.

But 'outrageous' - OTT, just art of this culture of being aggressively annoyed and upset by things these days. In this case it's a basically trivial thing in football. Seriously, get over it. Be frustrated sure, but stop throwing around all this extreme stuff.

You know what's outrageous? Clubs going to the wall, the corruption of the top clubs, etc. You know what isn't? Wolves loaning out a young striker who needs games and continuing to look for a replacement with 5 weeks left of the transfer window.
Wolves loaning out the only back up striker we have.

Most people agree .

The season starts next week - not in September - FYI

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm honestly amazed that so many posters are still clinging to hope that we are going to sign more players.

It aint gonna happen! Just accept that and the remainder of the window will be so much easier.

We've been here and had this heated debate so many times over the last 3 years with exactly the same (underwhelming) outcome.

Just look forward to having a few beers with your mates again!
I’ll happily have whoever wants to screenshot this and prove me wrong but there will definitely be at least one more “in” before the window closes.

Either way as you rightly point out I’m looking forward to a few beers with mates come the first game regardless. We’ve been in MUCH bleaker times in recent years and past years than the current “predicament “ we are supposedly in. I can remember looking forward to a season under hoddle, now that was truly bleak

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll happily have whoever wants to screenshot this and prove me wrong but there will definitely be at least one more “in” before the window closes.

Either way as you rightly point out I’m looking forward to a few beers with mates come the first game regardless. We’ve been in MUCH bleaker times in recent years and past years than the current “predicament “ we are supposedly in. I can remember looking forward to a season under hoddle, now that was truly bleak
Agreed. We will sign 2 I’m sure. No way we spunk £20m on Collins and don’t get a striker and probably a midfielder.

Why would we do that. If fosun wanted out neves would be long gone with alt nouri , neto etc

I’m frustrated as anyone else but convinced we will sign a couple.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You sure? Plenty thought we needed a minimum of 4 this summer.
Yeah, it probably wouldn't be enough.

The squad was too small last season and two more wouldn't be enough.

However, people cant' be bothered really. Fosun have reduced expectations to the degree we will treat two new signings as a successful window.

Even then having two strikers (if one is a striker) isn't really enough. Having three senior full-backs isn't really enough. The suitability of CBs to a back four would be questioned.

But there's no point going there as we know nothing is going to happen.

Let's just hope we can get two players even if Bruno has said time and time again that he wanted more.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but what if we don’t?
Well last couple of seasons we had Raul, Silva, Hwang and William but goal scoring chances were in very short supply.

I’m just wondering even if we do get a replacement for Raul, will we be any different from the last two seasons?
With Neto, Podence and MGW back and looking impressive in the friendlies ,then perhaps with Hwang playing in a more central up front role, the goals might start coming.

Of course, ideally we all hope Wolves splash the cash and lure a great striker…..like really great.

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score
Agreed. We will sign 2 I’m sure. No way we spunk £20m on Collins and don’t get a striker and probably a midfielder.

Why would we do that. If fosun wanted out neves would be long gone with alt nouri , neto etc

I’m frustrated as anyone else but convinced we will sign a couple.
Everyone thought the same last summer, and in January...

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score

Now if you want to say outrageous come Sept 1st if we haven't replaced him, I'm not going to argue even if I still think that extreme. I'll be annoyed too and I'll certainly consider it short sighted and stupid.

Statistically, we have the easiest run of opening fixtures in the PL, and then it gets tougher. No Raul, no Silva... we need to maximise the points from those opening games. We shouldn't wait until the window closes.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed and if conversely we fail to do that we'll still have posters defending the club.
It will give our promising U23 players the chance to prove themselves. Better to sign nobody than a player who will upset the dressing room. Covid and Ukraine have made it an exceptionally difficult window.

Edit. Please note this is sarcasm, apparently not obvious to everyone!

Last edited:

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can be pleased with how they turned around a dodgy first year and took us up and in to Europe, and you can then be unhappy with how they haven't kicked on at all and in fact have slipped backwards slightly since then and be worried that it looks like continuing, that's where I'm at right now and I'm guessing a lot of you are too but on here you get lumped in to one of the extreme's and debate is...difficult
I'm same mate...disappointing.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can be pleased with how they turned around a dodgy first year and took us up and in to Europe, and you can then be unhappy with how they haven't kicked on at all and in fact have slipped backwards slightly since then and be worried that it looks like continuing, that's where I'm at right now and I'm guessing a lot of you are too but on here you get lumped in to one of the extreme's and debate is...difficult
Agree.

doogisgod

Groupie
Reaction score
Just seen this on Wolves News Now:

Premier League giants Manchester United have reportedly identified Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Pedro Neto as an alternative to Ajax’s Antony.​

£90m?

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems fairly obvious at this point our recruitment team are just not very good at their job.
Why? Because we haven’t overpaid for anyone yet? I’m not a “happy clapper” and think there’s plenty of work to do, but it’s clear that Wolves need to wait for the rest of the big clubs to finish their recruitment before we can finish ours.

Back
Top Bottom