Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He may as well just sign a contract with us if no one good wants him. Would he receive a contract as good as what we originally offered him? His stock has certainly gone down, despite well being worth the risk for someone.
I’d be surprised if Wolves would offer him a new contract.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just mean, that if they've had no further information passed on, and there's nothing coming out in the media, I wouldn't blame them for avoiding The Mix for a bit and the likely vitriol they would receive for missing the timeframe they expected.

Things will come good I'm sure :)
If there is any vitriol aimed at the ITKs, then it’s up to the rest of us to stand by them.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks the opposite to me. Cutrone and Bonatini will go and Fabio is going on loan. Will leave us with virtually no centre forwards.
It'll leave us with two.
Same amount we had last season (bar 1)

Kennedy

Reaction score
They have arranged the friendlies and training camp with MFC (Marbella football centre) as they have done for the last few years.

Where as they normally use the Marbella campus they are using melia Villaitanna this time. The hotel looks amazing and is on the outskirts of Benidorm opposite the theme park and zoo

Video of the site- MAIN CENTERS - Marbella Football Center
Thank you

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
it might be worth reminding people what the definition of the word rumour is:

"a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth."

So if a rumour doesn't come off its exactly due to the above.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are the games in Preseason free to watch on Face Book and Youtube or do you have to pay ?

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bit late to the party here but do we think that Ronan may get an opportunity this season. If we do shift to a back four and play with a 'number 10' he could offer us something in that role primarily as a sub. Always thought he looked technically sound it was just the physical side of the game where he lacked.
He’s good on the ball and has a great shot on him. I think he could be good backup/rotation option with Podence.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He’s good on the ball and has a great shot on him. I think he could be good backup/rotation option with Podence.

Just to expand a little: in many ways MGW and Ronan are both holdovers from the pre-Nuno era. Pre-Nuno (especially under Jacket, a bit less under Zenga and Lambert due to short tenure) the focus of the youth system was 433, with a triangle in the middle 3 that could have either an advanced or deep player. The result was players like MGW and Ronan -who were exactly the creative attacking midfield players we’d been looking for under Jackett- becoming available to the first team just as Nuno changed everything at all levels to his back 3. So I think both MGW and Ronan could shine with a more attacking coach like (in theory) Bruno. Either as the advanced point in a midfield 3 or as a narrow inside forward.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always liked Dzeko
Getting on but
With 5 subs next season he would be a very useful option

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've always liked Dzeko
Getting on but
With 5 subs next season he would be a very useful option

Yep. A Dzeko signing (now, at 36) would suggest to me that they still have faith in Raul leading the line but want a dependable backup.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yep. A Dzeko signing (now, at 36) would suggest to me that they still have faith in Raul leading the line but want a dependable backup.
Hes just rejected an approach from juventus. Also says he is on 9.75m euros a year. I really cant see this one happening at all, even if the reasoning is sound to give raul some support whilst fabio is off on loan

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hes just rejected an approach from juventus. Also says he is on 9.75m euros a year. I really cant see this one happening at all, even if the reasoning is sound to give raul some support whilst fabio is off on loan
I agree the wages would be the issue. You don’t sign a player on Dzeko wages to sit on the bench. But I also can’t see a 36 year old Dzeko being signed to lead the line for 38 prem games. (Tho Dzeko’s game was never about pace.) for the clubs linked -us, Everton, Leicester- I can only see him coming if it’s to rotate and have an impact from the bench. Which is what he did at City.

Frogwarts

Reaction score
I don't know why we can't somehow dangle the carrot for Adama. Sit down with him and his agent and explain he hasn't done enough to warrant the bumper new contract he wants so offer him a sensible increase but incentivise it.

Offer him a 12-month extension to his current contract but with a slight increase in salary and a release clause of, say £15M with performance clauses so if he gets, say 5 goal involvments by January 1st he gets a 10% pay bump but his release clause goes up. If he gets 10 goal involvements he gets a 20% pay bump but a bigger release clause and so on.

If he hits certain targets by the end of the season then he gets his new bumper contract including a release clause commensurate with a player of his ability with that level output.

He gets an incentive to improve his output but if he doesn't we're not on the hook for a ridiculous salary and we protect ourselves from the vultures if he does start performing.
A very sensible post, I’m just not sure what’s going on in the lads head. Illusions of grandeur for sure. He thinks he’s champions league but he’s not and wolves are the ideal team for him. He just can’t see it!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
CF in the french league -

Only trying to guess the ITK post

Summer interest in OGC Nice striker Amine Gouiri (22) has been minimal but he remains one of France's leading talents. Will the transfer window's forgotten man stay that way until September?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if Aouar is the french based player, available for 15 mill eur

Would tick the boxes but I doubt it personally.

On Dzeko would be a great signing. Still got goals in him and would probably still beat out Raul even if he can't play every minute of the season

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
I wouldn’t stress it on the timelines of our ITK-ish-ers… it’s all a domino effect. As soon as the Silva loan goes through - which we all know is going to happen - I’m sure the next one will come into play.

tj200

Reaction score
Dzeko would be a lot of money for a 36 year old so I doubt we’d go in for him.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint pitchfork and hang them high brigade .. not hiding ..
I do not know anything
just post what I hear from former colleagues who are agents and coaches.. some are right some come to nothing
All I know is an agent advised 2/3 possible this week 1 european and 2 young South Americans
2 young South Americans believe one is Dario .. both have deals agreed but since then agents are holding up completion over fees and part ownerships .. but he believes they will be done
1 deal was near completion a European do not know a name or nationality.. could have said it was Collins as he is European .. Eire is in European Union.. but did not know nothing about him
Stopped posting once over flack received but was asked by a lot on the mix to post what I hear
I will continue to post if you do not like it Block me .. easily done
In defence over Lobo and StLuke they have never said ITK just post whats told them

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not know anything
just post what I hear from former colleagues who are agents and coaches.. some are right some come to nothing
All I know is an agent advised 2/3 possible this week 1 european and 2 young South Americans
2 young South Americans believe one is Dario .. both have deals agreed but since then agents are holding up completion over fees and part ownerships .. but he believes they will be done
1 deal was near completion a European do not know a name or nationality.. could have said it was Collins as he is European .. Eire is in European Union.. but did not know nothing about him
Stopped posting once over flack received but was asked by a lot on the mix to post what I hear
In defence over Lobo and StLuke they have never said ITK just post whats told them
dario and renan, good point, ireland is eu. who knows thanks for posting again

Lets hope the other two get across for the next week. I guess osorio could fly straight into spain

MiddlesexWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I do not know anything

Thanks Cornwall :) It'll happen when it happens.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not know anything
Cheers Cornwall. Always appreciated

Too many different sources now for there not to be truth in it, including Sellars as of yesterday!

ws1wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I do not know anything
Most of us on here massively appreciate the information mate, don’t stop posting because of some minority of moaners

Back
Top Bottom