Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When did they put the opening fixtures back? We need players to be bedded in before the first game, not arriving six games in.
Yes, we know but if we get somebody in late, then great. Not ideal.

If we get a player in in January, so what? Half the season gone.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Jeff's here to just keep things ticking over as no investment from Chinese owners in any clubs really in UK . So the handbrakes on and we are not going to move forward.
I don't understand not selling at this point. If given the geopolitics or economic conditions that make it so that it is difficult to manage this club from China why not just sell up now and make all this money back on their initial investment? I don't want to spend the next 5 years doing this with Fosun if they are well and truly tapped out. They've done so much for us and we will be thankful but if this is the limit, then its time to start having these discussions much like when Morgan was done with the club and seemed to stop caring after relegation.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lack of transfers is one thing, it's the silence from the club that's annoying me the most.
Zero communication with the fanbase other than a few kick around videos on Twitter.

Same here...One pack my ****.

I mean a couple of seasons ago,pumpking was rallying round for helpers to put the displays up in the stands.That day last long.Absolutely **** all from them since,

Silence is golden.
But my eyes still see.
Silence is golden,golden.
but my eyes still see.

Talking is cheap
People follow like sheep.
Even though there is nowhere to go.
How many times did we fall for his line.
Should I tell him or should I keep cool.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course there’s money……crickey, I wish we could get past this no money idea.
I dont think there is money. All the signs are of reducing spending. On wages, the ground and transfers. Fosun have capitalised their loan and thats it for new funds. So, we can only spend what we earn. With high wages relative to turnover there isnt much left

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s either no money or only money available for our top targets who either dont want to join us or we bid way below their market value

Either way regardless of how many months are left we ain’t signing anyone worth getting excited over.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's happening with Moutinho
If we're backing the manager
If we're pursuing players
Plans for next 2-5 years
Stadium updates
If were not willing to spend (at least we can accept it then, regardless of it we agree with it)
Shi had a chance to talk about on field ambition. His video did not mention any team plans or ambitions. Nit league consolidation or europe or trying to win a cup. Nothing. That tells you all you need to know. But the esports team is ok.

Grasshoppers seem in an even bigger mess

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I’ve now moved from panicked to scared.

What the hell are we doing?

The 5 stages of grief.
Also know as
The 5 stages of a fan‘s transfer window.

Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance.

Panic and fear are probably somewhere between denial and anger. So it looks like you’ve got a long way to go. Good luck.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Plenty of reporters are now reporting there is no money. We can't even afford €8mill for Almeida.
Who has said we cannot afford €8m for Almeida .. nobody has .. I expected him to sign as advised but has not happened because of money but believe he may have been replacement for Mouts
There is money available for right players . It is finding them that improve the team and they want to come

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think there is money. All the signs are of reducing spending. On wages, the ground and transfers. Fosun have capitalised their loan and thats it for new funds. So, we can only spend what we earn. With high wages relative to turnover there isnt much left
Ok but look at the transfer windows……nearly every window we brought players in…..that’s a pattern
And yes, the wages eat up most of our revenue but life goes on and several months ago Bruno said he and Wolves had a list of targets they’d like to get in.
I feel optimistic we’ll get several in but I hope they get their players prime targets.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s either no money or only money available for our top targets who either dont want to join us or we bid way below their market value

Either way regardless of how many months are left we ain’t signing anyone worth getting excited over.
Well we don’t know that they don’t want to join us……nobody ever said.
We don’t know that we bid too low…..nobody ever said.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of interest, what do you want them to tell you?

Lack of communication about pre-season friendlies..Or way too late.
Lack of communication on new shirts.Are we having an away one ?
Lack of communication on Moutinho....Staying leaving or left.
The megastore is a shambles.
I could gew on,and on and on.

Unless it involves this e-sports they just dow want to know.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7.30 am, just up, sipping first coffee and read through 4 pages posted since midnight.

One thing comes to mind……

Does anybody on here actually think Wolves are doing nothing to get players in ( not the under 19s)?

Anybody?
I suspect that with no outgoings currently, there will be no or rather minimal incoming.
Now in fairness they have sort of told us this but that doesn't make it a sensible policy.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it's only the 2nd of July honestly I said I'd wet my pants at the end of the week. let's wait for at least them back in training, if we have no one by Burnley then it's worrying time

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im still optimistic we will do business,but if nothing happens next week ill be moving into the "concerned" camp for sure
We need 2/3 quality players as we stand,whether we will spend £50 million on one is questionable at best
We dont look like moving Neves this window,Traore still a possible,we dont know about MGW if he stays or goes,Mouts is up in the air,we have already weakened the squad and possibly will be weaker still
Like most of us i guess, im concerned we will be battling for survival next season unless we get new players in soon
Lets hope things dont get worse before they get better and we start recruiting pdq
Looking at the players we have today. I do not see us being in a relegation battle unless we get a lot of injuries. Compared to much of the second half of last season we should have the following fully fit after pre-season; Neto, Kilman, Podence, Jonny, Adama, MGW plus Semedo before too long. Mosquera should also be available and no-one knows yet whether Mouts has re-signed. This represents a big improvement over the starting eleven for much of the second half of last season when our form was so dire.

Reaction score
Same here...One pack my ****.

I mean a couple of seasons ago,pumpking was rallying round for helpers to put the displays up in the stands.That day last long.Absolutely **** all from them since,

Silence is golden.
But my eyes still see.
Silence is golden,golden.
but my eyes still see.

Talking is cheap
People follow like sheep.
Even though there is nowhere to go.
How many times did we fall for his line.
Should I tell him or should I keep cool.
You didn't see the Coady 300 display then?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who has said we cannot afford €8m for Almeida .. nobody has .. I expected him to sign as advised but has not happened because of money but believe he may have been replacement for Mouts
There is money available for right players . It is finding them that improve the team and they want to come
Sorry mate, but are you saying we passed on Almeida because Moutinho is staying?

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the players we have today. I do not see us being in a relegation battle unless we get a lot of injuries. Compared to much of the second half of last season we should have the following fully fit after pre-season; Neto, Kilman, Podence, Jonny, Adama, MGW plus Semedo before too long. Mosquera should also be available and no-one knows yet whether Mouts has re-signed. This represents a big improvement over the starting eleven for much of the second half of last season when our form was so dire.
Depends if Bruno instils and attacking mindset. And, if he does, whether we can score goals.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
jordao is clearly going to be used also. I can't envisage major signings but there will be a couple for the right player yo come in. Buy likely we aren't losing anyone right now

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
not happened because of money but believe he may have been replacement for Mouts

The worry here is what about succession planning even if Mouts signs a new deal surely this is an ideal opportunity to get a young relatively cheap replacement in place that we can rotate giving him chance to bed in and get used to the Premier pace etc.

There’s five subs this season so we surely should be able to convince a new signing they will get ample playing time?

Maybe Jeff & Sellars Mis-heard the change to 5 subs this season and thought someone said it was a change to 5-a-side ??

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love this, however, I don’t get any sense of doom and gloom from it.
Kind of abnormal on here. :)

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I‘m still interested in what gives you the impression that any new owner will be anything markedly better than what we have now...
I have been generally supportive of Fosun but do feel the time has come for a new owner who regards Wolves more as a vanity project a la Abramovich, Newcastle or Citeh's sheiks etc. Fosun is an investment company so under its stewardship the funds required for us to become Champions League regulars are unlikely to be forthcoming due to the risk/reward assessment. Given the Chinese government's revised stance on international football investment and Fosun's prospects of making a good return if they sold us, I am hopeful that Fosun is looking for a new buyer and that a decent one will appear before too long.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry mate, but are you saying we passed on Almeida because Moutinho is staying?
Not sure whats happening 6 weeks ago was told in talks for Almeida .. 3 weeks ago was advised he was furthest forward in any deals .. since then gone quite .. the agent who told me has said gone very quiet cannot find anything out .. one of his players is friends with Almeida and has not said anymore
I am just guessing he was the replacement if Mouts left ..

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Because to believe there is money available requires faith, and to trust what Jeff says. Unfortunately there is no evidence of money available for the past couple of years, and after repeatedly saying one thing and then not doing it, many have little trust in what Jeff says.

Personally, I don’t believe in blind faith and Jeff broke my trust in his statements on transfers last summer. I’ll believe there is money to spend when I see evidence of it, and trust needs to be earned.

Monswolf

Reaction score
Not sure whats happening 6 weeks ago was told in talks for Almeida .. 3 weeks ago was advised he was furthest forward in any deals .. since then gone quite .. the agent who told me has said gone very quiet cannot find anything out .. one of his players is friends with Almeida and has not said anymore
Would it not be that the Almeida deal is paused until we figure out if Nunes is going to sign? Maybe one out of the 2 but not both?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks. I hope then that we might see Mouts signed up next week. But I am still concerned about our lack of activity.

The club may say we have money, but there is certainly no evidence of that, and I would have thought we need an extra player, like Almeida, to play in midfield.

Back
Top Bottom