Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it’s an I hate fosun day today….. great to see a few more jumping on the band wagon.

I've never been anti Fosun, but i think as it stands right now, i think i'm starting to lean towards being displeased with them. I've said it before, they cant sell their fan base the dreams they did then rip them away and not expect a backlash.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never been anti Fosun, but i think as it stands right now, i think i'm starting to lean towards being displeased with them. I've said it before, they cant sell their fan base the dreams they did then rip them away and not expect a backlash.
They want eyes on the brand and a global audience but won’t invest in the players to achieve that.

D

Deleted member (smith)

To be fair they are getting a backlash….lots of fans are saying they need to go.

So we need a midfielder and a fan with 300 million pounds he wants to spend on wolves.

Every day I think how miserable my life is but sometimes remember it could be worse….I could be in Ukraine and support Dynamo Kiev. Things are never so good they can’t get better, but they are never so bad they can’t get much worse , quickly.

Hanging on to a top ten spot for the foreseeable future would be a remarkable achievement ….other than the big six all are vulnerable. All the next level top four talk is quite ill informed and naive.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They want eyes on the brand and a global audience but won’t invest in the players to achieve that.

I said it on another thread, but sometimes you have to spend the money first to make the money. I get they have pumped in a fair bit, but its still going to take a lot of investment to put us in a position where we are attractive enough to achieve the model they want.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Jeff's here to just keep things ticking over as no investment from Chinese owners in any clubs really in UK . So the handbrakes on and we are not going to move forward.
Jeff taking a massive pay cut was the strongest indicator of this sadly

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mike Ashley still spent money on the team when they were up for sale though, even he realised he would get **** all if they were relegated, I don't think Jeff Shi realises how precarious a position most outside the top 6 are in and how easily things could go tits up

They say if you stand still in this division you go backwards, it seems like we are skipping the standing still part and just weakening the team to save a few quid
Yeah, but Newcastle Joelinton aside, mostly bought gash. How they even got their money back, let alone made a profit on Richarlison is extremely suspicious. A bit like the time Newcastle we’re previously in the financial mire, and Liverpool paid £35m for Andy Carroll.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair they are getting a backlash….lots of fans are saying they need to go.

So we need a midfielder and a fan with 300 million pounds he wants to spend on wolves.

Every day I think how miserable my life is but sometimes remember it could be worse….I could be in Ukraine and support Dynamo Kiev. Things are never so good they can’t get better, but they are never so bad they can’t get much worse , quickly.

Hanging on to a top ten spot for the foreseeable future would be a remarkable achievement ….other than the big six all are vulnerable.all the next level top four talk is quite ill informed and naive.

The backlash outside of places like this isnt huge, but it will be if we dont have a good window and start the season poorly.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lack of transfers is one thing, it's the silence from the club that's annoying me the most.
Zero communication with the fanbase other than a few kick around videos on Twitter.
Off topic but I wanted to nip over to the megastore this morning so checked the opening time online. When I get there there’s a small sign on the door saying they’re closed today and tomorrow. Numerous other people were turning up only to leave disappointed. Is it really that hard to put in the website that they’re closed?

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
it’s an I hate fosun day today….. great to see a few more jumping on the band wagon.
If we don't strengthen I can see a lot more feeling that way and who can blame them, as it is we're weaker now, with the squad compared to the one that finished the season. Fosun seem to have lost interest in the project. We're have to see what happens.

Wolves1976

Reaction score
Off topic but I wanted to nip over to the megastore this morning so checked the opening time online. When I get there there’s a small sign on the door saying they’re closed today and tomorrow. Numerous other people were turning up only to leave disappointed. Is it really that hard to put in the website that they’re closed?
Think there was an email saying it was being shut for a couple of days (May have been FB too). But a bit of info on the website isn’t much to ask for is it really.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lack of transfers is one thing, it's the silence from the club that's annoying me the most.
Zero communication with the fanbase other than a few kick around videos on Twitter.
The local journos are even quieter they know the score and want an easy life so aren’t going to confirm what we already know which is we are broke and can’t sign anyone

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think there was an email saying it was being shut for a couple of days (May have been FB too). But a bit of info on the website isn’t much to ask for is it really.
Definitely didn’t get an email and I get enough of the bloody things trying to flog me stuff.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, but Newcastle Joelinton aside, mostly bought gash. How they even got their money back, let alone made a profit on Richarlison is extremely suspicious. A bit like the time Newcastle we’re previously in the financial mire, and Liverpool paid £35m for Andy Carroll.

The point is he still put money in to ensure survival whilst they were up for sale, Fosun are no longer willing to do that and Shi doesn't seem able to sell our players to allow the squad to be freshened up, we are stagnating

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There has been a lot of communication on Twitter and Instagram. That's if endless posts begging fans to buy merch counts...

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Closed ?! Molineux videos for new players..ssssssooooo obvious haha

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The point is he still put money in to ensure survival whilst they were up for sale, Fosun are no longer willing to do that and Shi doesn't seem able to sell our players to allow the squad to be freshened up, we are stagnating
I understood your point. My point is that he only kept spending money because all previous signings were ****e and Newcastle were perennial strugglers.
I’m sure if Wolves were third from bottom, four points off safety in January, Fosun would get the cheque book out.
No credit should be given to owners who panic buy.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not ideal obviously, but If we see Fabio, Chiquinho, MGW, Toti and Mosquera in and around the line-up on the first day of the season I can live with it.
Me too PROVIDED they can get results (and I don't mean defeats....)

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I got that. Closed for the weekend for re-stocking with the new season’s lines, I think.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understood your point. My point is that he only kept spending money because all previous signings were ****e and Newcastle were perennial strugglers.
I’m sure if Wolves were third from bottom, four points off safety in January, Fosun would get the cheque book out.
No credit should be given to owners who panic buy.
So if that's where we are in January, which currently is not an unlikely scenario you would finally find fault with Fosun?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7.30 am, just up, sipping first coffee and read through 4 pages posted since midnight.

One thing comes to mind……

Does anybody on here actually think Wolves are doing nothing to get players in ( not the under 19s)?

Anybody?

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
30 am, just up, sipping first coffee and read through 4 pages posted since midnight.

Does anybody on here actually think Wolves are doing nothing to get players in ( not the under 19s)?

Anybody?
Weren't you convinced there was a deal in place with Barca for Traore and those moaning about a clearly **** deal would be proved wrong, as the club wouldnt be that stupid?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7.30 am, just up, sipping first coffee and read through 4 pages posted since midnight.

Anybody?
If Cornwall is right, then we might get a couple of loan deals done. But we most likely haven't put bids in for the likes of Palhinha Nunes or Icardi because, without interest in any of our players there is no money for transfers.

Sorry, I stand corrected, we bought a 16 year old academy player from Lge 2 Wimbledon.

Brilliant.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Did the exact same, you just assume its open like normal shop hours unless they say otherwise on social media etc.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like one new first team central midfielder, a new centre back and another striker, probably a loan. Oh and a keeper.

Giving us:

Sa/ new
Semedo/Jonny/Ait Nouri
Coady/Kilman/Toti/ Mosquera / Boly / New
Neves/Donk / MGW /Cundle/ New
Hwang/Neto/Podence/ Chiquino
Raul / Fabio / New

This is assuming that Moutinho and Adama won’t be here. I do think a new CB is needed and possible one of the list above may need to be moved on…Boly IMO.

Bruno Jordao / Bueno/ Marques/ Matheson and Campbell all as youngsters pushing for the first team.

So it’s not THAT bad when you look at those numbers but we desperately need some new blood in the middle of the park.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weren't you convinced there was a deal in place with Barca for Traore and those moaning about a clearly **** deal would be proved wrong, as the club wouldnt be that stupid?
Yes I felt sure the Barca/Traore ‘loan deal’ was more than a loan because Barca’s financial situation and restrictions would change in July.

And it sure looks like I got it wrong, ( lol….it’s not over yet, but I will admit that the fat lady is clearing her throat).

That aside, it was a great move by Jeff and if Adama had impressed Barca then Wolves would have been £29 m richer. Off load a guy who doesn’t want to be here.
They paid his wages since January

Its very, very possible that this time next year Adama will walk away and Wolves will get nothing for the 4 years he was here but was only decent for one of those. Terrible pity.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Cornwall is right, then we might get a couple of loan deals done. But we most likely haven't put bids in for the likes of Palhinha Nunes or Icardi because, without interest in any of our players there is no money for transfers.

Sorry, I stand corrected, we bought a 16 year old academy player from Lge 2 Wimbledon.

Brilliant.
Of course there’s money……crickey, I wish we could get past this no money idea.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I felt sure the Barca/Traore ‘loan deal’ was more than a loan because Barca’s financial situation and restrictions would change in July.

And it sure looks like I got it wrong, ( lol….it’s not over yet, but I will admit that the fat lady is clearing her throat).

That aside, it was a great move by Jeff and if Adama had impressed Barca then Wolves would have been £29 m richer. Off load a guy who doesn’t want to be here.
They paid his wages since January

Its very, very possible that this time next year Adama will walk away and Wolves will get nothing for the 4 years he was here but was only decent for one of those. Terrible pity.
You should have defended Ghislaine Maxwell, she'd be free today and claiming damages. :)

Back
Top Bottom