Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We haven’t sold mgw just an offer is on the table from us and money has been offered by Forest

It’s up to the player when back at training

Obviously - but seems inevitable he will go

Why would he stay . Forest will offer more money; and offer him more chance of starting

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
So we’ve signed hwang for 13 and sold Mgw for 20

Basically sold Mgw for 7 million. What the **** is going on at our club
I'd prefer to have Morgan to Hwang, but ironically, Hwang equalled Morgan's goal return for Wolves after 20 mins of his debut and surpassed it 3 weeks later. If he goes, it'll be interesting to see how he does.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
We haven’t sold mgw just an offer is on the table from us and money has been offered by Forest

It’s up to the player when back at training
Sure there is someone on here whose mate is close with MGW? The player must have made his mind up whether he wants to stay or move. I think Forest would be a good move for him (working with Cooper) but Jesus, imagine the melt down if he starts reasonably well at City Ground. I'd like him to stay at Wolves.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're up for sale. 100% in my view.
We have just got to stop up this season.
Can’t argue with your opinion here. In fact I felt this for a while since those rumours of Leonid Fedun surfaced a while back (Notwithstanding that was probably a near miss if there was any truth)

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sure there is someone on here whose mate is close with MGW? The player must have made his mind up whether he wants to stay or move. I think Forest would be a good move for him (working with Cooper) but Jesus, imagine the melt down if he starts reasonably well at City Ground. I'd like him to stay at Wolves.

It’s constant meltdown so no different

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be disappointed if we sell MGW, more to the point I will be disappointed he wants to go - but if he doesn't want to be here and he wants a new challenge then let's get what we can and move on.

If £20m has been mentioned I am sure there will be add ons for England and staying up etc, and a big sell on clause.

At the end of the day we won't know for a season or two if we are better or worse off.

It's not out of the question that MGW gives us the money to fund Nunes - what if he is sold to City in a couple of years for £80m?

I woul love one of our own to come though and be a star, but the lad has got to want it.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is such a shame as when Fosun arrived it was great communication and Shi having pints before the games . It now looks as though we will be up for sale as a club . As come on surely we would have players coming in with a week before pre season starting . Months ago we were told that Bruno had identified areas and players that we needed strengthening .

We we had Morgan there came a time when I thought we need a new direction . A year later we were sold . I am starting to get the same vibes from Fosun here IMO.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be disappointed if we sell MGW, more to the point I will be disappointed he wants to go - but if he doesn't want to be here and he wants a new challenge then let's get what we can and move on.

If £20m has been mentioned I am sure there will be add ons for England and staying up etc, and a big sell on clause.

At the end of the day we won't know for a season or two if we are better or worse off.

It's not out of the question that MGW gives us the money to fund Nunes - what if he is sold to City in a couple of years for £80m?

I woul love one of our own to come though and be a star, but the lad has got to want it.
This. If it's up to him and he prefers a recently promoted club to a club that is established in the PL and which has nurtured him in a footballing sense, then so be it.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Can’t argue with your opinion here. In fact I felt this for a while since those rumours of Leonid Fedun surfaced a while back (Notwithstanding that was probably a near miss if there was any truth)
If we were up for sale I'm not sure why they would have started the Fosun Sports Group and are still investing in and pushing Wolves Records and eSports etc. Also Jeff said in Ask Wolves that the plan was to grow until we are floated on the stock exchange. If he said all that knowing we were for sale it would be quite underhanded. It just doesn't match up.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is I don't think in general there had been much activity in the transfer market accept what has been published. I know nothing about transfers however my hunch is in many cases it's like buying a property that has multiple chains.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

We clearly want him to stay as he has been offered a new deal.

The fact that £20m+ is on the table and we are still offering a new deal, disproves a lot of the nonsense of Fosun being money grabbers.

If he decides to leave, that would be £20m for a player a lot on here had given up on and would have happily had seen leave for £5m a year ago, so whatever happens with Morgan we have done very well out of him.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were up for sale I'm not sure why they would have started the Fosun Sports Group and are still investing in and pushing Wolves Records and eSports etc. Also Jeff said in Ask Wolves that the plan was to grow until we are floated on the stock exchange. If he said all that knowing we were for sale it would be quite underhanded. It just doesn't match up.

But what is the investment/commitment required to do that in the short term? Not much really.

And anybody taking Shi on his word on anything these days is beyond naive IMO.

You look at that Grasshoppers article posted by Bill and there are warning signs everywhere.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

We are not up for sale. The mere suggestion is laughable. (I know you know this from your post)

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is there's still a lot of time for him to make a choice. Still potentially question marks over the manager (some coaches will no doubt become available after June 30th when contracts run out or go into their last year) and then you have our possible incomings and outgoings that could influence his decision.

I'd like him to stay and be given a chance, but say if we were to get Traore back and sign another attacking midfielder then it doesn't look great from MGW's perspective and in that case I could see him wanting to move. He wants to play football, all down to whether we want to play him I think

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anyone thinks a large private equity company is going to keep funding us they are mad. The funding is done and we are on our own. It was always going to happen, my gripe is they have pulled the plug before all these extra (so called)revenue streams have really taken off, so we have to sell to buy. doc, jota, Mir etc have been the start of it they just haven’t re invested any of it back in and have obviously used that money to pay dividend out to shareholders. The reality is we don’t have the benfica or dortmund quality set up where they can sell to buy really well and maintain strong teams as 1. We don’t have the quality young players coming through and 2. The people to manage it correctly.
We literally have no money and Neves not being sold proves they don’t and we will be relegated unless he is sold to reinvest back in. The only way around it is if fosun realise they need to invest big in this window like 5 years ago and have the same set up till the next re fresh.

They won’t and I don’t care what they say in terms of “doing thing differently” we will not progress under them, they have closed the purse. They are business people not football lovers !! That’s why I want them out, the model they are trying to create isn’t ready yet and they pulled the plug far too soon

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If anyone thinks a large private equity company is going to keep funding us they are mad. The funding is done and we are on our own. It was always going to happen, my gripe is they have pulled the plug before all these extra (so called)revenue streams have really taken off, so we have to sell to buy. doc, jota, Mir etc have been the start of it they just haven’t re invested any of it back in and have obviously used that money to pay dividend out to shareholders. The reality is we don’t have the benfica or dortmund quality set up where they can sell to buy really well and maintain strong teams as 1. We don’t have the quality young players coming through and 2. The people to manage it correctly.
We literally have no money and Neves not being sold probes they don’t and we will be relegated unless he is sold to reinvest back in. The only way around it is if fosun realise they need a i invest big in this window like 5 years ago and have the same set up till the next re fresh.

They won’t and I don’t care what they say in terms of “doing thing differently” we will not progress in under them, they have closed the purse. They are business people not football lovers !!

Neves not being sold proves the opposite. 90% of your post is plain wrong. The other 10% is conjecture.

Back
Top Bottom