Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah those smug Tweets about rinsing us on the price have dried up. Would be great to have him back but can't see it happening either on transfer price or wages.
They haven’t paid us for him yet , have they ?

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Soooo here’s a list of wild rumours I’ve heard from various sources, some more reliable than others, others less reliable than a really unreliable thing:

Mendes asked us not to take up the option on Vitinha as PSG wanted to sign him, but wanted to delay 12 months. The payoff was a discounted deal from PSG, step forward Icardi or Wijnaldum.

Neves is staying, he’ll get a new deal and highly rated new midfield partners.

Several undisclosed players have already had medicals at the club.

Jota has been at Compton more than once recently and wants a move away from Liverpool due to not being guaranteed a start. We have first refusal as per the deal we did with Liverpool.

Moutinho will sign a new contract and is doing his coaching badges with a view to joining the management/coaching team.

Club staff telling friends to put a bet on a Champions League spot at the end of the season!

If any of these happen I’m demanding to be installed as officially itk
Thank you. Keep posting as per regular prescription, that was a damn fine read at this time of night. I believe.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Soooo here’s a list of wild rumours I’ve heard from various sources, some more reliable than others, others less reliable than a really unreliable thing:

Mendes asked us not to take up the option on Vitinha as PSG wanted to sign him, but wanted to delay 12 months. The payoff was a discounted deal from PSG, step forward Icardi or Wijnaldum.

Jota has been at Compton more than once recently and wants a move away from Liverpool due to not being guaranteed a start. We have first refusal as per the deal we did with Liverpool.

Moutinho will sign a new contract and is doing his coaching badges with a view to joining the management/coaching team.

Club staff telling friends to put a bet on a Champions League spot at the end of the season!

I would love all that to be true. Can't see it though. Thanks for sharing.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
I've heard this twice now....from two people who have no connection with each other. Both seem reliable and I know for a fact one used to work at the club. Who knows though....

Ask Wolves was delayed because plan A was to dispense with Bruno's services in the summer. Apparently, a new man had been identified but, for one reason or another, chose not to make the move.

Pinch of salt, perhaps, but I wouldn't be surprised. If nothing else, Fosun are ruthless

This makes me a little sad… mainly down to the current situation.

Initially at the end of last season I thought they were going to get rid and would have done it straight away.

Then as time went on and into Ask Wolves I began to come around to thinking “well at least he’s getting the benefit of the doubt, and if they back him and he gets some of his players in then maybe we take that next step”. I gave him a 7/10 at the end of last season. I do like him as a person, and the way he comes across. Ask Wolves added to this.

If, for whatever reason, it turns out to be an underwhelming window and we get off to a bad start, this rumour to me says he’s out and we get a stopgap to try and stay up, and we turn into a bit of a Watford.

Still, I’ll judge a window at its end and we’ll see. If we sign Wiljandum, re-sign Jota, and then a bunch of others to put is in contention for challenging for the Champions League places as per John Williams, then this is quickly forgotten!!

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
More speculation than rumour but thought I'd post here rather than the transfer arguments thread...seen that Mendes has apparently met with Chelsea owner recently. Alleged to have discussed a move for Ronaldo, but if the rumours about Jorginho moving on are true perhaps they would be interested in Neves. Especially with Kante struggling with injuries nowadays.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That isn't how we do things here... Try again but this time stick to the approved MolMix rumour format - cryptic crossword.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
So let me get this right. From a FFP perspective we sold Jota for £43m which went straight into the books. We bought Hoever for £10m spread over his contract.

Now we buy back Jota for say £50m less what Liverpool owe us so say £10m over 4 years and loan Hoever out for say £2m loan fee.

Means we get Jota for essentially £0.5m this year and from and FFP perspective it’s happy days.

Hypothetically of course

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
I've heard this twice now....from two people who have no connection with each other. Both seem reliable and I know for a fact one used to work at the club. Who knows though....

Ask Wolves was delayed because plan A was to dispense with Bruno's services in the summer. Apparently, a new man had been identified but, for one reason or another, chose not to make the move.

Pinch of salt, perhaps, but I wouldn't be surprised. If nothing else, Fosun are ruthless
Wouldn't be surprised but what's plan B

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Means we get Jota for essentially £0.5m this year and from and FFP perspective it’s happy days.

And from a practicality point of view, we've taken out loans against the Jota instalments which will need to be repaid, so an asset will need to be sold to cover that.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can guarantee I’m telling the truth about what rumours I’ve heard, but not that said rumours are true.

Remember this is the rumours from the pub thread not the I’m the new Heron thread!
I believe you mate, and I'm hoping that your boss can help us achieve it lol

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love the rumours from John, make me want to read the mix but no way is Jota giving up trophies and a genuine chance to win the pl to come back to a mid table team. That ship has long sailed

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are plenty from lower divisions who would have scored more that Podence, too. Add Trincao to the list. And we have Under 23's who would have scored more than Fabio, in the 565 minutes he was given. But they aren't Portugese.

Seems unfair to pick on the 13M signing who scored 5 - no other player scored more in open play - while letting others who cost far more get off the hook. It's the definition of scapegoating. Putting all the blame for a collective failing on to the head of one individual. What could we get for the same price? Half a Danny Ings? There's true underwhelming for you.

This Hwang thing is just so tiresome - seems some are utterly obsessed with it that they can't see anything else. Give it a rest, you made your point. Again and again and again and again and again and again and again. People will start thinking there just might be an agenda here!

BTW Hwangs goals cost less than Werners so there's bigger wastes of money out there, plenty of them.

And we couldn't score in a brothel long before Hwang arrived. Yes, he didn't solve our goal scoring problems - but nobody else has, either. And he clearly is not the cause of them, they were there long before he arrived.
Maybe hwang can be played more centrally this year.
Just read an article on the club website that details all the preseason destinations for the academy teams. It says the destination for the under 23’s is being negotiated. If it turns out it’s the U.S. one of my rumour sources gains some credibility!
Any more on the reliability of the rumour you heard in january about traore signing a contract extension if barca didn't take up the option.

dingle01902

Reaction score
So let me get this right. From a FFP perspective we sold Jota for £43m which went straight into the books. We bought Hoever for £10m spread over his contract.

Now we buy back Jota for say £50m less what Liverpool owe us so say £10m over 4 years and loan Hoever out for say £2m loan fee.

Hypothetically of course
We took out a loan against the balance of the Jota fee owed. How does that factor in?

John Williams

Groupie
Reaction score
Any more on the reliability of the rumour you heard in january about traore signing a contract extension if barca didn't take up the option.
Nothing, that one seemed to make some sense in terms of the whole situation though. If there was nothing else to that deal than what was seen at face value, it has to rate as one of the strangest decisions the club has made in recent times.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all know about Jota, he plays in streaks. When he’s on it he’s an absolute dream, works hard, chases everything and scores goals. When he’s off it he’s not great and at a team with Liverpool’s standards they will notice his poor performances more.
Plus, we need a player who’s good at FIFA to promote the e-sports. ;)

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Or, by the fact that Bruno is still here, not that ruthless.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing, that one seemed to make some sense in terms of the whole situation though. If there was nothing else to that deal than what was seen at face value, it has to rate as one of the strangest decisions the club has made in recent times.
Thanks John. Was the rumour about there being unveilings next week from the strongest source?

Back
Top Bottom