Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When bruno arrived he said within 3 years we will have the team of our dreams...do u think he would have said thay without certain big promises ,?
I honestly can’t remember that. A team of our dreams? If true, ( I have no reason to doubt you), then that makes me happy because he has two more years to make it happen.
Where is that quote from?…….anybody?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The biggest thing is that player values have shot up. Very average players are now 30M and to get top quality you have to pay far more. Fosun have told us that their approach will be different and they have backed that up by signing younger players with talent and then naturing them so they become appreciating assets.

Further, our pool of Portuguese players appears to have dried up somewhat. There's only so much talent in Portugal and we have done so well from it that other clubs have woken up and started to take a look. That drives values up.

The other thing is that Nuno is not here and the relationship with a certain agent has undoubtedly changed because of that. When your best mate isn't the manager of a club anymore, you are going to look at things differently.

Fosun are doing fine, despite the frustration we all see that a little more investment could genuinely have seen us finish in the top 6 3 out of 4 seasons. Given what I have seen, I have trust in their process although we may have to take a step back for two or three seasons before we can try again.

Supporting the team for 53 years hum and away.The last thing I want to see is a step ****ing back for 2 or 3 seasons.

dennison11

Reaction score
But that doesn’t matter. He wasn’t signed as a senior player and went into the U23 squad. He is not like Jonny, Semedo, Boly et al. Many of our U23 players are similar - products of another academy or lower league team and brought into our U23 or Grasshoppers team first before graduating to the senior squad.
Fair enough, I see your point. Not trying to put Kilman down at all. I thought you were talking as if he came through the ranks with us

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know I’m about to sound like a happy clapper but here goes

Fosun as we know are an investment group and they will not allow the value of their investment to massively fall due to relegation.

Historically their plan is to buy players who will develop and improve and then potentially be sold for a huge profit - like Jota

The higher up the food chain we need to shop the harder it is to sign the right player - especially when we cannot offer European football.

Fosun have to realise that investment is needed to get European football and also that standing still means we are going backwards

Despite understandable frustrations I still believe that the squad will be improved and enlarged in the next two months

If this is not achieved then we have every reason to criticise Shi and Fosun, but till 1st September let’s be patient because assuming that the board look at this forum they may decide that we don’t deserve them and the success their investment has delivered. I assume that in the cold light of day we don’t want that.

They more than deserve our patience and trust a bit longer

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fosun as we know are an investment group and they will not allow the value of their investment to massively fall due to relegation.

Historically their plan is to buy players who will develop and improve and then potentially be sold for a huge profit - like Jota

The higher up the food chain we need to shop the harder it is to sign the right player - especially when we cannot offer European football.

Fosun have to realise that investment is needed to get European football and also that standing still means we are going backwards

Despite understandable frustrations I still believe that the squad will be improved and enlarged in the next two months

If this is not achieved then we have every reason to criticise Shi and Fosun, but till 1st September let’s be patient because assuming that the board look at this forum they may decide that we don’t deserve them and the success their investment has delivered. I assume that in the cold light of day we don’t want that.

All good. But a simple question. What if they fail to improve or enlarge the squad by the end of this window?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I seriously doubt a multimillion investment company like Fosun is in any way effected by critical voices at MolMix...
In fact I'm quite sure they don't care much about the overall opinion of any fans at all.
In some ways its good because they should run the club in the best possible way and not ust to appease fans.
On the other hand its a worry because if this continues there will come a time when most of us would wish they cared about fans opinion.
And no I don't want them gone. But I do want them to know I'm quite worried at the direction of the club.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personally I think Almeida looks like a good buy and if bringing him in would offer a cheap alternative to Nunes, within budget but still with a high ceiling, I would be comfortable.

Another good example is Al-Musrati- if he is our cheaper alternative to Palhinha again I would be comfortable and accept the club has to live within it's means.

Midfield options of Al-Musrati, Dendoncker, Neves, MGW and Almeida would actually be pretty interesting.

The problem is it looks like we currently have £0 transfer budget and £0 wage budget which is ludicrous for a club of our current stature and owners wealth.

If even the likes of Almeida and Al-Musrati are beyond us, I am genuinely worried.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind betting the writer Ben Husband reads MMix or even is a contributor. He appears to be a Wolves fan with Steve Bull on his twitter banner and the text reads so like excerpts of the more articulate posts on here.
100% He is a wolves fan. Used to be a regular on the Wolves Fancast. Haven’t heard him on there for a long time though. I wish David Evans would come back to host. David if you’re out there? Please come back!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you really hold Bruno to account? he overachieved last season considering the limitations and lack of support from those who asked for our trust.
Yes I do somewhat. There was a lot of basic football problems….possession, passing etc…
Some terrible football.

Anyway, a new season will soon be here.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I seriously doubt a multimillion investment company like Fosun is in any way effected by critical voices at MolMix...
In fact I'm quite sure they don't care much about the overall opinion of any fans at all.
In some ways its good because they should run the club in the best possible way and not ust to appease fans.
On the other hand its a worry because if this continues there will come a time when most of us would wish they cared about fans opinion.
And no I don't want them gone. But I do want them to know I'm quite worried at the direction of the club.
That’s fair.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the loanees returning we’ll have about 35
35. 10. It's all gravy!

As someone opined yesterday, we have some excellent players at the club. We just can't afford to get complacent when it comes to incomings.

I'm less worried than most about signing players as I think the import of doing so is vastly overrated. People clamour to see who has had the best transfer window, instead of who has the best squad/team spirit.

I'm just acutely aware we were bloody awful for the finale of last season so one would imagine new faces would liven things up

Then again, we were bloody awful for the finale of Nuno's last season and we hardly struggled then.

In summation, I don't have a ****ing clue :)

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
35. 10. It's all gravy!

As someone opined yesterday, we have some excellent players at the club. We just can't afford to get complacent when it comes to incomings.

I'm less worried than most about signing players as I think the import of doing so is vastly overrated. People clamour to see who has had the best transfer window, instead of who has the best squad/team spirit.

I'm just acutely aware we were bloody awful for the finale of last season so one would imagine new faces would liven things up

Then again, we were bloody awful for the finale of Nuno's last season and we hardly struggled then.

In fairness we weren’t awful for the actual finale, put in a decent showing against Liverpool and had them scared a few times, Neto and Raul looked decent. Bloody awful for numerous games before that though.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
35. 10. It's all gravy!

I agree we need signings because we need more quality and depth, but it‘ll still be a bit crowded at Compton until loans are sorted.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one is going to walk out when they’d struggle to get another job and/or better opportunity. He’s be better to wait to be sacked and paid off.

Sad but true.

Agreed. Bruno is that mate you have with a super hot girlfriend who lies and cheats on him and treats him like **** all the time. She knows he won’t leave her as he is a useless dork massively batting out of his league and he won’t leave her because he also knows he is a useless dork massively batting out of his league. In a way Bruno and fosun suit each other so much. They treat him like ****, lie to him, promise him it will get better and then keep abusing the trust knowing he has no place else to go.

It’s both sad and tragic at the same time.

Last edited:

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's not just us. This taken from a Man U forum:
"Pre season training begins on Monday. No new signings (yet) while all our rivals have already strengthened. On friday the Glazers took £11 million in dividends.
Brand new manager, same old ****."

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno is that mate you have with a super hot girlfriend who lies and cheats on him and treats him like **** all the time. She knows he won’t leave her as he is a useless dork massively batting out of his league and he won’t leave her because he also knows he is a useless dork massively batting out of his league. In a way Bruno and fosun suit each other so much. They treat him like ****, lie to him, promise him it will get better and then keep abusing the trust knowing he has no place else to go.

Dude are you ok?

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let's break this down shall we. If you look at the bare facts, the only time Fosun invested serious money into the club was a) to get promoted and b) when we got promoted, to keep us there in summer 2018. Since then, and every single window after that, we have not strengthened at all, and run an extremely tight ship. As a result, everything has become stale with a deteriorating product on the pitch, whilst at the same time, making fans look mugs and hiking prices. Even in their first season here, yes they took over the club late, but the season was a total mess, and they showed very little evidence that they knew how to run a football club. The more I look at the overall picture of Fosun's time here - yes from 2017-2020 it was a big success on the pitch - but I'm beginning to think they really struck lucky with Nuno, and leaning on Mendes in those early windows has masked and got us by - until now. It is clear as day that the football side to the club is just a means to an end for Fosun, the important investment to them is the brand, the esports, the exposure in China. It depends which angle you are coming from, when you say they have a 'high level of management competence'. On the football side, for the last 3 years, that just has not been the case at all.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, with Jeff shi, we have a bloke making football decisions who didn’t have any interest in football until 6 years ago and some people still act like he’s some kind of oracle.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno is that mate you have with a super hot girlfriend who lies and cheats on him and treats him like **** all the time. She knows he won’t leave her as he is a useless dork massively batting out of his league and he won’t leave her because he also knows he is a useless dork massively batting out of his league. In a way Bruno and fosun suit each other so much. They treat him like ****, lie to him, promise him it will get better and then keep abusing the trust knowing he has no place else to go.

Fosun do NOT treat Bruno badly, they do NOT lie to him nor do they abuse the trust.

I get you think you’re right but that doesn’t make it factual.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fosun do NOT treat Bruno badly, they do NOT lie to him nor do they abuse the trust.

Neither does your first statement …

Bruno consistently said he was confident we would get the players in we needed last season, we didn’t, something went wrong somewhere and Bruno isn’t the one buying the players.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agreed. Bruno is that mate you have with a super hot girlfriend who lies and cheats on him and treats him like **** all the time. She knows he won’t leave her as he is a useless dork massively batting out of his league and he won’t leave her because he also knows he is a useless dork massively batting out of his league. In a way Bruno and fosun suit each other so much. They treat him like ****, lie to him, promise him it will get better and then keep abusing the trust knowing he has no place else to go.

U OK hun? Xx

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Touché Vancouver. When did you become the oracle? Do you believe that during last season when he was openly talking about what he needed he may have thought that he would be backed after conversations with our dear leaders?

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mods is this a forum or a one sided view forum . Disappointed as looked at this and another site for years but really thought a forum you get a chance to post . Maybe you our that in the small print before people commit to the site .

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither does your first statement …

Bruno consistently said he was confident we would get the players in we needed last season, we didn’t, something went wrong somewhere and Bruno isn’t the one buying the players.
Bruno knows very well that clubs don’t always have a good window but that doesn’t mean Wolves treated him badly.
Yes, Jeff would have the final say on incoming players but I don’t think that Bruno is kept out of the loop.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Touché Vancouver. When did you become the oracle? Do you believe that during last season when he was openly talking about what he needed he may have thought that he would be backed after conversations with our dear leaders?
Rather than waste time, please read my post #1070 for an reply.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They probably are. Thing is though, if we sell Neves for say 60 million and spend that on 3 players, 2 of them have to improve the team and then be sold on for a hefty profit. I'm struggling to see us doing that with our recent recruitment history unless Jorge does us a few favours.
Either way, we're scraping the barrel for examples.
Most clubs are

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have an answer but I would like to ask you a simple question before I share it.

What if they do improve or enlarge the squad by the end of this window?

Then I will be happy and pleased. As I said previously, I’ve defended our transfer business a lot, and in the last two windows, I stuck with it until deadline evening, only to be left disappointed. I will be very happy not to experience that again.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you really hold Bruno to account? he overachieved last season considering the limitations and lack of support from those who asked for our trust.
He really didn't.
Top half should be the minimum we expect now.
Nuno was a miracle worker. Now Bruno is supposedly a miracle worker.
Reality is that while we haven't got the perfect squad, we need a midfield upgrade, and goalscorers, this is about par for the squad of players we have. We have some real class in the team.

Back
Top Bottom