Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me.

Molineux is such a special special place, learning the history of the ground is just brilliant, it's seen everything. From being called Champions of Europe having the likes of Puskas, Koscics, Di Stefano and Raymond Kopa. To hosting a European final that we played it, to being minutes from never having a team play there again. There's nothing quite like Molineux I mean ffs even the name of it is great, despite its now lopsidedness and general decay in areas.

Sadly I think its only a matter of time before Fosun rip the soul out of that aswell for the sake of the 'brand'. To me that will be a real sad day.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glastonbury?

I’m going to see Rammstein in Coventry tomorrow, with a Wolves flag.

Now THAT blows Glastonbury away every time.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all the talk of transfers a positive regarding the team... Having this guy hopefully fit and ready to go after a pre season:

If we can keep him and Podence fully fit for the season (big IF with Podence) will certainly improve our ability to create chances 100%!

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without wishing to go all Jeff Shi, the Wolves brand is up there with the very best in football and there's something incredibly satisfying about being a genuine supporter of a genuinely cool club.

Visually it's like a shot of pure adrenalin, that stark, dignified, don't-****-with-us wolf's head design, and the contrast of the black and gold (when they get the hue right and not too orangey). That first season back up in the PL, with that lightning gold shirt in the sunshine or the floodlights, the simple black W88 sponsor, playing clever football with Raul, Joao, Ruben, Diogo - we looked ****ing good, we did. And there's the name - if your nickname is going to be an animal, make it the coolest animal you can, rather than a bloody seagull, for example. And the history is interwoven with the brand, the glory of the 50s and the darkness of the 80s. Because even that is such an integral part of the club, isn't it? Out Of Darkness Cometh Light. We were at the summit, then the pit, and now here we are again, this flash of blinding gold splitting the black shadows.

You can see why Fosun fell in love with the brand, the colours, the name, the history. What they're prepared to do with it is for other discussions and threads, as is the argument that the brand is just the packaging and what's inside counts every bit as much, which they don't always seem to 'get'. But there's much pride to be had in waving our flag, metaphorically and literally.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolverhampton Wanderers. The very name rolls off the tongue and evokes memories of long ago when we beat the world's best under the floodlights before a seething crowd.
Molineux. What a sexy name for a ground. Mention the name and everyone knows who plays at that ground.
Old gold and black. Not blue or red for us. Again we are very much identified by our team colours.
Our illustrious and legendary list of former players such as Billy Wright, Ron Flowers, Derek Dougan, Steve Bull. Names that send a shiver down the spine and I could go on and on.
There is something indefinable about being a Wolves fan that one can't quite put one's finger on, but deep down inside we all know what it means.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all the talk of transfers a positive regarding the team... Having this guy hopefully fit and ready to go after a pre season:

If we can keep him and Podence fully fit for the season (big IF with Podence) will certainly improve our ability to create chances 100%!
I just hope Podence doesn’t have a sudden growth spurt because he will be able to add shin splints to his injury woes.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Being a Wolves fan is brilliant. You learn very quickly and very early that if something can go wrong, it will, and if any team can find a way to make things harder than they need to be, it’s us. Wouldn’t change it for the world!

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being a Wolves fan is brilliant. You learn very quickly and very early that if something can go wrong, it will, and if any team can find a way to make things harder than they need to be, it’s us. Wouldn’t change it for the world!
Character forming :)

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. You probably learn more about emotions, and yourself, being a football fan and especially supporting a team like ours. Maybe that’s a bit deep but I think it’s true.
Certainly for us older fans from the FA Cup, Champions and European Cup to liquidation and the Bhattis, doubt fans of any other club have experienced such extremes.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me.

Molineux is such a special special place, learning the history of the ground is just brilliant, it's seen everything. From being called Champions of Europe having the likes of Puskas, Koscics, Di Stefano and Raymond Kopa. To hosting a European final that we played it, to being minutes from never having a team play there again. There's nothing quite like Molineux I mean ffs even the name of it is great, despite its now lopsidedness and general decay in areas.

Sadly I think its only a matter of time before Fosun rip the soul out of that aswell for the sake of the 'brand'. To me that will be a real sad day.

Was going well until last paragraph. Ticking off but no card

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without wishing to go all Jeff Shi, the Wolves brand is up there with the very best in football and there's something incredibly satisfying about being a genuine supporter of a genuinely cool club.

Visually it's like a shot of pure adrenalin, that stark, dignified, don't-****-with-us wolf's head design, and the contrast of the black and gold (when they get the hue right and not too orangey). That first season back up in the PL, with that lightning gold shirt in the sunshine or the floodlights, the simple black W88 sponsor, playing clever football with Raul, Joao, Ruben, Diogo - we looked ****ing good, we did. And there's the name - if your nickname is going to be an animal, make it the coolest animal you can, rather than a bloody seagull, for example. And the history is interwoven with the brand, the glory of the 50s and the darkness of the 80s. Because even that is such an integral part of the club, isn't it? Out Of Darkness Cometh Light. We were at the summit, then the pit, and now here we are again, this flash of blinding gold splitting the black shadows.

You can see why Fosun fell in love with the brand, the colours, the name, the history. What they're prepared to do with it is for other discussions and threads, as is the argument that the brand is just the packaging and what's inside counts every bit as much, which they don't always seem to 'get'. But there's much pride to be had in waving our flag, metaphorically and literally.

Impressive, well good effort son. 8/10

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right. Completely understand some folk are anxious / angry about lack of transfer activity, but nonetheless I’m pretty sure we are all in this for life, and (to quote the banner) it knows no division

Here’s some random reasons why I love wolves, and always will. Please add yours and I will mark the best out of 10. Negative answers will get a card

Here’s mine

1 the fans. When we’re on it, our fans are some of most passionate, funny and never run the other way. Great great people here for the good times never take themselves too seriously : bit naughty sometimes but heart in the right place. Bit bipolar, over excited or massively depressed but LOYAL

2 the name the colours the history the club crest the three leaping wolves, the Molineux. Villa forest leeds whoever may all claim otherwise but we have *something* very special. Whatever it is, it’s a million times better than anything modern culture can reproduce. Look at Glastonbury - why so many wolves flags? I’ll tell you - coz loads of our old school fans are cool as ****, they just don’t go on the internet and moan about transfers. Too long in the tooth

This is my club. Anyone who’s part of it come kick off gets to be part of it, lucky buggers

Wow - the moderators have started editing posts??!!!!! Blimey……

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Absolutely key to next season for me ... we need him to stay fit.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The negative and crass, infantile put downs of my beloved Wolves on here recently have, for the first time in over 20 years, made me question why I bother coming on here any longer.

But, this is a great thread.

Wolves are a truly magical club. We genuinely pioneered European floodlight football, took on and beat the best that Europe could throw at us.

My very first match was Juventus back in 72. I can’t remember too much from that night in The North Bank ... but by god, the atmosphere was absolutely scintillating for a young boy. As my former colleague @HICKO said, night games at Molineux are truly special.

Camaraderie. It always dismays me when people put down Wolverhampton. The people (and nutters) I’ve met, the laughs we’ve had, the drinks, trips and hangovers we’ve shared is second to none. Our togetherness is priceless. Back in the day, when things were a tad rougher, I can well remember how we would always stick together. Have each other’s backs.

Jolly boys trips away. What we got up to you wouldn’t believe.

Steve Bull and the late 80’s revival. This meant the world to me. Great times. No project. No corporate strategy. Unrivalled joy, epitomised by Steve when he blasted that winner in at ‘their place’ back in 89.

Graham Turner and Kenny Jackett. Understated, great managers. True gentlemen.

Brotherhood. Pre and post match day drinks with my bro’s and mates are just the best.

The Neves goal. The audible, collective gasp before we broke into his anthem and took stock of what we had witnessed was truly something else.

Cardiff away. Never have I witnessed a few minutes of such high drama. It even sucked in my Missus. Seeing Colin lose it was hilarious.

Meeting Sir Jack just after he took over the club. Boy, how we dreamed.

Sir Jack ‘thumbs up’ and Status Quo at Cardiff. For those that were there ... nuff said.

Fosun. Yes, I know this won’t meet with approval amongst the ninny spoilt fan brigade ... but what they have brought us in the last years is priceless. I’d virtually given up on ever seeing us play and compete at the very top level ever again.

And lastly... ‘The Mix’. Great fun.

R

reanswolf

The negative and crass, infantile put downs of my beloved Wolves on here recently have, for the first time in over 20 years, made me question why I bother coming on here any longer.

But, this is a great thread.

Wolves are a truly magical club. We genuinely pioneered European floodlight football, took on and beat the best that Europe could throw at us.

My very first match was Juventus back in 72. I can’t remember too much from that night in The North Bank ... but by god, the atmosphere was absolutely scintillating for a young boy. As my former colleague @HICKO said, night games at Molineux are truly special.

Camaraderie. It always dismays me when people put down Wolverhampton. The people (and nutters) I’ve met, the laughs we’ve had, the drinks, trips and hangovers we’ve shared is second to none. Our togetherness is priceless. Back in the day, when things were a tad rougher, I can well remember how we would always stick together. Have each other’s backs.

Jolly boys trips away. What we got up to you wouldn’t believe.

Steve Bull and the late 80’s revival. This meant the world to me. Great times. No project. No corporate strategy. Unrivalled joy, epitomised by Steve when he blasted that winner in at ‘their place’ back in 89.

Graham Turner and Kenny Jackett. Understated, great managers. True gentlemen.

Brotherhood. Pre and post match day drinks with my bro’s and mates are just the best.

The Neves goal. The audible, collective gasp before we broke into his anthem and took stock of what we had witnessed was truly something else.

Cardiff away. Never have I witnessed a few minutes of such high drama. It even sucked in my Missus. Seeing Colin lose it was hilarious.

Meeting Sir Jack just after he took over the club. Boy, how we dreamed.

Sir Jack ‘thumbs up’ and Status Quo at Cardiff. For those that were there ... nuff said.

Fosun. Yes, I know this won’t meet with approval amongst the ninny spoilt fan brigade ... but what they have brought us in the last years is priceless. I’d virtually given up on ever seeing us play and compete at the very top level ever again.

And lastly... ‘The Mix’. Great fun.
Great post Darvo!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me.

Well said that man…. Agree with every syllable

Back
Top Bottom