Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we announce Hwang next week it will be undoubtedly the most underwhelming signing in recent history. When you see what we could have got for the same price it's criminal but as we all now know he's being signed for reasons unconnected to football in this country. There are plenty of forwards in the lower divisions that would score more than he ever will for less money than he's going to cost us but they aren't Korean.

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
More rumours from the pub...

Neves off to Barcelona as soon as de jong goes to Man utd.
Traore and Trincao swap still on, with Trincao being used in a player plus cash deal for 2 players from Sporting...
I was talking to a Barca fan the other day. They apparently wanted Traore to stay but couldn't afford him, again Neves is on their wishlist but again they can't afford him. Trincao ( as I think we all know) is back at the Nou Camp and likely to go to Portugal on loan. Not heard at the pub but Lidl car park in Garrucha.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
When we announce Hwang next week it will be undoubtedly the most underwhelming signing in recent history. When you see what we could have got for the same price it's criminal but as we all now know he's being signed for reasons unconnected to football in this country. There are plenty of forwards in the lower divisions that would score more than he ever will for less money than he's going to cost us but they aren't Korean.
6AAE6BEA-03B8-4930-A968-A1AB1FD4C948.jpeg

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barca want Bernardo silva and maybe even Nunes before neves
No.

They’re hanging on for us to loan him to them for peanuts and no obligation to buy.

Meanwhile we will wait for a three year old we’ve just signed from Nicaragua to be worth £50 million so we can flog him whilst telling Europe’s most promising players’ clubs to hang fire while we wait for the cash so we can bid less than they’re asking for.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have said before, i dont think Hwang is the problem, its the lack of service and support from midfield thats the problem.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have said before, i dont think Hwang is the problem, its the lack of service and support from midfield thats the problem.

Good...Lets sign some midfielders then. Otherwise its a quite ludicrous signing..
And by the way, I do tend to agree with regards to Hwang. He could look better with a more suitable style of play and better support.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed, when he first signed and they were playing balls into him when he made runs he looked great, those two Newcastle finishes were lovely.

Not his fault people stopped passing to him and he ended up having to do stuff he’s not comfortable at

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There are plenty from lower divisions who would have scored more that Podence, too. Add Trincao to the list. And we have Under 23's who would have scored more than Fabio, in the 565 minutes he was given. But they aren't Portugese.

Seems unfair to pick on the 13M signing who scored 5 - no other player scored more in open play - while letting others who cost far more get off the hook. It's the definition of scapegoating. Putting all the blame for a collective failing on to the head of one individual. What could we get for the same price? Half a Danny Ings? There's true underwhelming for you.

This Hwang thing is just so tiresome - seems some are utterly obsessed with it that they can't see anything else. Give it a rest, you made your point. Again and again and again and again and again and again and again. People will start thinking there just might be an agenda here!

BTW Hwangs goals cost less than Werners so there's bigger wastes of money out there, plenty of them.

And we couldn't score in a brothel long before Hwang arrived. Yes, he didn't solve our goal scoring problems - but nobody else has, either. And he clearly is not the cause of them, they were there long before he arrived.

Last edited:

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No.

They’re hanging on for us to loan him to them for peanuts and no obligation to buy.

Meanwhile we will wait for a three year old we’ve just signed from Nicaragua to be worth £50 million so we can flog him whilst telling Europe’s most promising players’ clubs to hang fire while we wait for the cash so we can bid less than they’re asking for.

Helpful

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, when he first signed and they were playing balls into him when he made runs he looked great, those two Newcastle finishes were lovely.

Not his fault people stopped passing to him and he ended up having to do stuff he’s not comfortable at
Hwang looked way better played centrally than wide where he was ineffectual at best. I agree about the runs too but that isn't unique to him - Fabio had exactly the same issue.

Why, oh why, do we have to pass back to Coady and kill any momentum stone dead every bloody time???

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang looked way better played centrally than wide where he was ineffectual at best. I agree about the runs too but that isn't unique to him - Fabio had exactly the same issue.

Why, oh why, do we have to pass back to Coady and kill any momentum stone dead every bloody time???
Bruno didn’t show much ‘out of the box’ thinking that might have accommodated Hwang’s best position to try and solve our lack of creativity and goals. He mostly stuck to Nuno’s game plan, which meant keeping Raul in the middle as the main forward player.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
I have it from very good authority from a friend who overheard the hairdresser of the dog groomer who advises the stylist of Jose Sa’s beard that we are in talks with someone called Felix.

Though they may have been getting confused with a cat called Felix but passing this on in good faith.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think retaining Moutinho would be great at least to show prospective acquisitions that we are a club which has a father figure legendary player.
I doubt most players care about that, just want to know a) money b) will you stand in my way if a bigger club comes in c) location

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have seenhim play... and yes, he is the problem.

Rubbish. Yes, his poor form in 2022 was "a problem", but it was not "the problem". Not the single reason we fail to score goals. Or collapsed against Leeds and Brighton, Arsenal etc. Plenty of other problems there, if you think they would be solved by replacing Hwang, you would be disappointed and have to search for another scapegoat.

John Williams

Groupie
Reaction score
Soooo here’s a list of wild rumours I’ve heard from various sources, some more reliable than others, others less reliable than a really unreliable thing:

Mendes asked us not to take up the option on Vitinha as PSG wanted to sign him, but wanted to delay 12 months. The payoff was a discounted deal from PSG, step forward Icardi or Wijnaldum.

Neves is staying, he’ll get a new deal and highly rated new midfield partners.

Several undisclosed players have already had medicals at the club.

Jota has been at Compton more than once recently and wants a move away from Liverpool due to not being guaranteed a start. We have first refusal as per the deal we did with Liverpool.

Moutinho will sign a new contract and is doing his coaching badges with a view to joining the management/coaching team.

Club staff telling friends to put a bet on a Champions League spot at the end of the season!

If any of these happen I’m demanding to be installed as officially itk

NothingButNeto

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Soooo here’s a list of wild rumours I’ve heard from various sources, some more reliable than others, others less reliable than a really unreliable thing:

Mendes asked us not to take up the option on Vitinha as PSG wanted to sign him, but wanted to delay 12 months. The payoff was a discounted deal from PSG, step forward Icardi or Wijnaldum.

Jota has been at Compton more than once recently and wants a move away from Liverpool due to not being guaranteed a start. We have first refusal as per the deal we did with Liverpool.

Moutinho will sign a new contract and is doing his coaching badges with a view to joining the management/coaching team.

Club staff telling friends to put a bet on a Champions League spot at the end of the season!

Not sure I believe any of these but really hope you’re right and willing to spread these rumors as fact. John is ITK!

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard a few weeks ago now something that we probably all may have guessed anyway which is that Kilman was never left out for something physical but a continuation of his problems when the Ukraine war started. Have no idea if it's accurate but certainly sounds very possible.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard a few weeks ago now something that we probably all may have guessed anyway which is that Kilman was never left out for something physical but a continuation of his problems when the Ukraine war started. Have no idea if it's accurate but certainly sounds very possible.
Plausible and completely understandable

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well, if you put enough bets down sooner or later one is bound to be right.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If Neves stays and Jota comes back I will do anything. And I mean anything. The floor is yours guys.
But I wont do that.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If all of those happen John, will you marry me and have my children....!?

dennison11

Reaction score

People need to stop posting this kind of stuff. I'm so gullible I believe every word and won't hear anything different to the matter

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Could you please rank these rumours in the order of how reliable their various sources were?

Back
Top Bottom