Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

South American additions

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Matt Hobbs having flown to South America, the Birmjngham Mail put up a number of other options he could have spoken to down there. This is hypothetical, so whether he's home now or not, presume he had enough time to speak to as many as needed. I also don't claim any prior knowledge of these guys. But thought it may be a bit of light relief from the unending bickering going on atm!

3 of them standout and would only need a couple of players being sold to afford.

Leo Ortiz - apparently available for €10M
Joao Gomes - Flamengo almost sold 50% to a middle Eastern club last year for €5m. So at most he's another €10m.
Erison - current contract has €5m release clause

These 3 would total £21.5m, but totally allow us to play 4 at the back. Selling Coady and Traore would cover this surely.

Squad would be -

Sa
Jonny ORTIS Kilman RAN
Neves, JOAO GOMES,
Mgw
Chiquinho, ERISON, Neto

Subs - Sarkic, Boly/Mosquera, Gomes, Semedo, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Silva, Podence, Raul

If we are trying to identify other CBs, CMs and St are there any other South American suggestions?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Matt Hobbs having flown to South America, the Birmjngham Mail put up a number of other options he could have spoken to down there. This is hypothetical, so whether he's home now or not, presume he had enough time to speak to as many as needed. I also don't claim any prior knowledge of these guys. But thought it may be a bit of light relief from the unending bickering going on atm!

3 of them standout and would only need a couple of players being sold to afford.

Joao Gomes - Flamengo almost sold 50% to a middle Eastern club last year for €5m. So at most he's another €10m.

These 3 would total £21.5m, but totally allow us to play 4 at the back. Selling Coady and Traore would cover this surely.

Squad would be -

Sa
Jonny ORTIS Kilman RAN
Neves, JOAO GOMES,
Mgw
Chiquinho, ERISON, Neto

Subs - Sarkic, Boly/Mosquera, Gomes, Semedo, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Silva, Podence, Raul

If we are trying to identify other CBs, CMs and St are there any other South American suggestions?
Apparently we’re in for an 18 year old Robert Renan from Corinthians for £10m. He’s played twice in the cup for them from what I can see. Dortmund are also interested. Grasshoppers will be happy.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if hobbs ever went there it wouldve been just for enzo. We arent clever enough to make the trip more worthwhile.

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
Purchasing from South and even Central America is difficult due to ownership rights etc. Brighton have just managed to get on top of this and they have a good scouting and recruitment team who bring talent over. I’m not an expert but it seems miles apart from signings in England and not as simple as an agreement in principle as we seem to have fallen foul of this passed fortnight.
It’s clearly a vast area with talent that can be tapped into but it needs investment and relationships built.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Purchasing from South and even Central America is difficult due to ownership rights etc. Brighton have just managed to get on top of this and they have a good scouting and recruitment team who bring talent over. I’m not an expert but it seems miles apart from signings in England and not as simple as an agreement in principle as we seem to have fallen foul of this passed fortnight.
It’s clearly a vast area with talent that can be tapped into but it needs investment and relationships built.
I like the idea and would hope Mendes could advise on the methods we should use. Thats where his employment inside the FOSUN group could help.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if hobbs ever went there it wouldve been just for enzo. We arent clever enough to make the trip more worthwhile.

Ya dow send someone all that way just to talk to one player.
If it is the case,it just proves the power's that be,dow know what they're doing.Bloody ridiculous.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How class would it be to tour around South America watching football every week. Unearth a gem or 2 once a year to keep Jeff happy, where do I sign!!

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it is the case,it just proves the power's that be,dow know what they're doing.Bloody ridiculous.
I don't think our club are particularly stupid, just unwilling to pay over the odds transfers and wages. And inherited a very defensive side from Nuno which has hardly shown off our attacking players in a great light.
Anyway, back to South American scouting tactics.....

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will probably never know, but I fail to see why sending a senior member of staff to Argentina to attempt to negotiate a multi million pound transaction is in any way disproportionate? If the Chairman himself had gone, that might have been overkill, given that the deal was, it seems, less than sealed. If we had just relied on e-mail and Zoom likewise. As it stands I think most businesses would have taken a similar decision. They were not shopping on Amazon.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Soon find out if we sign any south american kids for the grasshoppers

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will probably never know, but I fail to see why sending a senior member of staff to Argentina to attempt to negotiate a multi million pound transaction is in any way disproportionate? If the Chairman himself had gone, that might have been overkill, given that the deal was, it seems, less than sealed. If we had just relied on e-mail and Zoom likewise. As it stands I think most businesses would have taken a similar decision. They were not shopping on Amazon.
Perhaps they should. Next day delivery for free with Prime.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about tapping into the ukrainian market? Porto have a whole thread dedicated to this market? How does it work over there now that the players can't ply their trade?
Do we sign ukrainians players on loan or buy them for a cut price fee?

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps they were shopping up the Amazon?.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Squad would be -

Sa
Jonny ORTIS Kilman RAN
Neves, JOAO GOMES,
Mgw
Chiquinho, ERISON, Neto

Think you could have included Sanderson in the squad list, A.L. ?
DEFINITELY deserves to be I.m.o.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about tapping into the ukrainian market? Porto have a whole thread dedicated to this market? How does it work over there now that the players can't ply their trade?
Guessing there's a lot of Portuguese speaking players who have been attracted to the Ukrainian oil money, and now obviously want out. What happened to that one we were rumoured to be bringing in??

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Their recent track record doesnt inspire confidence does it?

Championship winners, PL 7th,7th, 13th, 10th, FA cup run, EL Cup run.

All pretty recent.

They certainly don't throw money around but doesn't make them not clever. They are not going to throw money as short term gains. This is the long game.

Not saying you have to like it, simply don't question peoples intelligence when they are a world ahead of yourself, myself and everybody on here in respect of the subject matter.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Championship winners, PL 7th,7th, 13th, 10th, FA cup run, EL Cup run.

All pretty recent.

They certainly don't throw money around but doesn't make them not clever. They are not going to throw money as short term gains. This is the long game.

Not saying you have to like it, simply don't question peoples intelligence when they are a world ahead of yourself, myself and everybody on here in respect of the subject matter.
I'll question them until they can prove they are still up to the task. Signs are they've lost interest in the football club.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Squad would be -

Sa
Jonny ORTIS Kilman RAN
Neves, JOAO GOMES,
Mgw
Chiquinho, ERISON, Neto

Cheap option gambles you mean.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They surely should have known if the player wanted to stay at river for the rest of the campaign.Ya can sort that stuff out on the dog and bone.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think our club are particularly stupid, just unwilling to pay over the odds transfers and wages. And inherited a very defensive side from Nuno which has hardly shown off our attacking players in a great light.
Anyway, back to South American scouting tactics.....

I never mentioned Stupid.But it certain was silly to send someone on a 14 hour flight not knowing if he even wants to sign for us or not.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think you could have included Sanderson in the squad list, A.L. ?
DEFINITELY deserves to be I.m.o.
I only named 21 so there were still a few places to fill. If he's around I don't see a problem with him being in the squad.

I do think we'll cash in if a bid comes in for him though. He needs to be playing regularly again next year, otherwise he'll lose value. He won't get anywhere near enough minutes here.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They surely should have known if the player wanted to stay at river for the rest of the campaign.Ya can sort that stuff out on the dog and bone.
But, it is often better done face to face and given the complexities and high value of the transaction I don't think sending someone to do this was at all out of proportion. If they had not done this I think the accusation that they were being "cheap" or amateurish would have been far better founded. People seem to want it both ways, or rather will criticise either way.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe it's all a communication problem. Sellars asks where on earth we can find generational talent for £4.50 and shi said try looking on Amazon. But Sellars thought he meant the river in Brazil.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But, it is often better done face to face and given the complexities and high value of the transaction I don't think sending someone to do this was at all out of proportion. If they had not done this I think the accusation that they were being "cheap" or amateurish would have been far better founded. People seem to want it both ways, or rather will criticise either way.

I'll leave it there then.Unless there were other business.

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
How class would it be to tour around South America watching football every week. Unearth a gem or 2 once a year to keep Jeff happy, where do I sign!!
Tell you what mate, how about six each? I can do Colombia, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil. How about you being my assistant for Ecuador, Venezuela, Bolivia, Guyana, Surinam and French Guiana?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Hobbs is now in Peru, searching for Paddington Bear family members, the marketing potential is huge since the video skit with The Queen. And the potential for Padd-esports…. big.
Padd-esports? What have hurling and Gaelic football got to do with South America??? lol

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Just normal, the clubs still own the rights to their contracts so they can't play anywhere else until UEFA decide otherwise I guess

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why pay one of the big Portuguese clubs £30-40m for a player when you can skip the middle man and go straight to the source and pay sub-£10m. Either from the smaller Portugal clubs or South America directly.

Only downside is they'll be a year or 2 behind in their normal development.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Think we should look at Japan (that lad at Celtic is class) & Scandinavia too. It's easy this football management lark from my armchair and with a pint of London Pride!

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we should look at Japan (that lad at Celtic is class) & Scandinavia too. It's easy this football management lark from my armchair and with a pint of London Pride!
Think you missed the part of my original email that said just for fun. If you don't like speculating on players fine, but then why pipe up and be miserable on a thread specifically for that?

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Which 1 as they have 5/6 Japanese players?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grasshoppers have already started buying japanese players and if they succeed they will come to wolverhampton. They have already bought seko as a centre back.

Back
Top Bottom