Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jackett, Ricketts and Murray at The Cleveland Arms

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kenny Jackett was the perfect man for the job at the time, and although he had superior resources to other teams in L1 he still had to spend it wisely and get the right squad together.

I was disappointed when he left, you could tell even at the time that the turgid final season was driven by the board and not Jackett. Appointing Zenga to replace him was like replacing Attenborough with Trump on the BBC.
To be fair Jackett was dismissed when it looked like Lopetegui was joining. Zenga was very definitely a massively inferior Plan B. I would like to have seen what Kenny would have done with more money but he wasn't exactly a name that you could sell to the Neves and Jotas of this world....

Last edited:

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair Jackett was dismissed when it looked like Lopetegui was joining. Zenga was very definitely a massively inferior Plan B. I would like to have seen what Kenny would have done with more money but he wasn't exactly a name that you could sell to the Neves and Jotas of this world....
He wasn’t. Jackett was sacked the night before the last pre-season game and Zenga announced the following morning. Lopetgui had gone weeks previously. Jackett knew he was going though

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many thanks MRL for the interesting and thorough report.
KJ handled the dire situation we were in at the time, with consummate professionalism.
Deserves to be placed in the past Wolves Managers Hall of Fame.
Sorted the bomb squad and recruited some excellent players, who weren't Prima Donna's, but players who wanted to apply themselves to the task of restoring the club's pride and ambition.
KJ was a top man for us and should be remembered fondly by The Wolves Family !!

Back
Top Bottom