Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely Shi and Sellars realise that there is a great deal of frustration among the fans. It seems to me that a simple statement to the effect that we are working on incomings and expect to complete deals soon.
Or would that be considered more of the same bull****.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting perspective on Fernandez - it looks like Fernandez wanted to stay at River until January so he could compete in the Copa Libertadores, out of respect for the club and the fans, and it looks like Benfica allowing him to stay for the Copa Libertadores was pivotal in his decision to move there.

Despite Wolves claiming there is a limited pool of players that can improve the first team, here's one that could, but we weren't prepared to go without him for a few months.

Is it a lack of respect for legacy fans that fueled Wolves' attitude towards his wishes? Was the notion that Fernandez might want to achieve something out of respect for the legacy fans completely alien to a club that now sees the local support as 'incidental'?

Not saying that's my opinion, but it's an interesting take on it.
It's building a very complex story out of very few facts. We do not know anything about these negotiations. We do not know what Wolves were, or were not, prepared to accept, or what was offered. We can all make up stuff that fits a mythology we might want to believe, but it is not generally a good way to go about things. The best theories are those that make the least assumptions. It might be a disappointing outcome, but that is really all we can say about it.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am clinging and I mean clinging on to the faint hope that some deals may be done and the players we are signing were playing in the nations league and are now on holiday so won’t be confirmed until they return…..like I said…clinging!!
I will happily eat humble pie if they pull it out of the bag, my fear is they hinged all of their deals on selling neves for big money and now he looks to be staying they’ve had to pull the hand break up. To be honest even if they did sell him they would probably only give us half and they still wouldn’t be able to get anything done as they are all numpties running the recruitment side of the club.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am clinging and I mean clinging on to the faint hope that some deals may be done and the players we are signing were playing in the nations league and are now on holiday so won’t be confirmed until they return…..like I said…clinging!!
We’re only 13 days in and still have over 2 months to go.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t live in the uk but I’m sure those who are season ticket holders must be rightly ****ed off knowing they renewed off the back of lies and literally the day after the deadline was up the whole sell to buy **** came out.

We will loose out on on our fair share of deals(of course it happens) but this is going on years now!!

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All day long. Is he a ********? Sick of this no ******** policy. We need a bit of swagger, sign a few ********* I say.
Tried that with mr R Johnson and Mr J O Hara. Didn’t end well.

I am keeping my powder dry until July but then......... duck u suckers ( one for film buffs)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we go into next season with the same midfield options i am gonna lose my ****!!

Can add defence to that as well barring Gomes. Will be the same lot we have had for years without any new senior additions if that was the case and its obvious it is stale after what happened in the last few months of last season.

Have any other club in the Premier League gone so long without signing a first team ready centre back and central midfield player as we have?

Asthmatic Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surely Shi and Sellars realise that there is a great deal of frustration among the fans. It seems to me that a simple statement to the effect that we are working on incomings and expect to complete deals soon.
Or would that be considered more of the same bull****.
I actually felt from the Shi interview that he held a bit of contempt for some fans. Makes you wonder to what extent emotions are playing a part as opposed to clinical business decision making.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly can't see how anybody can defend this club anymore. Until now, I make it 7 windows on the trot that we haven't strengthened - that is staggering incompetence of the highest level. You cannot defend the indefensible, some serious questions need asking why on earth we're at preseason and absolutely nothing has been done... we've known we've needed a build weeks/months before the season finished.... what on earth is going on? Something should have been lined up ready to go by now. I'd be royally ****ed off if I were Bruno.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually felt from the Shi interview that he held a bit of contempt for some fans. Makes you wonder to what extent emotions are playing a part as opposed to clinical business decision making.

He definitely does hold contempt for fans, he doesn't give a **** about us. He cares about the brand and Esports/ plastic fans abroad. Nothing else

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
John Ruddy, Marcal and Saiss have kept us up single handedly for 4 seasons
Prior to the ACON Saiss was excellent and after a poor start we managed to pick up points. Post ACON he was nowhere near the player from earlier in the season and we struggled to keep clean sheets. Clearly Saiss was not the only factor in the dramatic downturn in form but he certainly played a part in getting us to a position where European football was a realistic prospect.

We need another CH and it would have been nice to get one in ready for the start of preseason training.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All day long. Is he a ********? Sick of this no ******** policy. We need a bit of swagger, sign a few ********* I say.
I totally agree. Pretty irrational I know but I’m so bored of nice family men with a couple of kids and a dog, who post a picture to Instagram on Christmas Eve of the lot of them in matching pyjamas.

Get a couple of ****ers in, with a bit of nastiness to shake us up a bit.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I totally agree. Pretty irrational I know but I’m so bored of nice family men with a couple of kids and a dog, who post a picture to Instagram on Christmas Eve of the lot of them in matching pyjamas.

Get a couple of ****ers in, with a bit of nastiness to shake us up a bit.
Like you?:)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting..... I wonder what their Athletic correspondent is saying.....

Geordie Boot Boys - Newcastle United F.C. News: Newcastle transfer news: Matheus Nunes more likely to join Wolves.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was a full on happy clapper until the end of last summer, and that change of heart, was reinforced by the January window. It’s starting to feel like Newcastle under Ashley.

I agree Sussex. We all just want some positive incoming transfer news. All we get is players leaving an already weak squad.

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tried that with mr R Johnson and Mr J O Hara. Didn’t end well.

I am keeping my powder dry until July but then......... duck u suckers ( one for film buffs)
In my defence, I meant ********* that are good at football :p

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not too bothered about Giles going out. His departure has no impact on us, be a good move for him.

All the departures so far have been coming or needed. Ruddy had his day, Saiss done his service, hoever made his bed and needs to wake up abit and no one liked marcal anyway.

See how the next 2 months go.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought that January’s transfer window was embarrassing but this summer is even worse.

For those who say, “well no one else is doing any business”, which other clubs have only got 2 senior midfielders (Neves and Dendoncker) confirmed for next season?

Answer none and we have been in the Premier League for 4 seasons now. The squad depth is dreadful, quality wise.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The new bird (who is unreal btw) and Jay. Ekin-Su has had a Sellars. ****ed it right up.

^^^Hes right you know.

Been thinking (and im fairly relaxed atm) but can you imagine the comments section if they put a Hwang signing video out the day it becomes official and we havent signed anyone else before then?

Going to get real ugly

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I agree Sussex. We all just want some positive incoming transfer news. All we get is players leaving an already weak squad.
Apart from saiss the players leaving were either reserves or out on loan anyway. The trouble is our squad is too bloated, just not with enough quality.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must have missed that. What was he quoted saying?

Something like he wasnt sure if he was ready for the Premier League and there were snippets about interest from Grasshoppers again and another club. I can almost guarantee they will loan him out and Bueno. Its what they do. Make the squad too thin on numbers.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just want to see a goalscorer come in. I don't think Toti is a downgrade on Saiss but up front we have so few goals

The only positive from the last few games of last season was Raul and Neto starting to play again but we still need a new body to challenge

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am convinced Moutinho isn't going to sign and that the club have known this for months which is why they are trying to improve the optics by making laughable attempts for Nunes and Fernandez.

The problem with Palhinha and Almeida is that they would actually sign and then we'd have to spend the money. Why do that when we can go for anyone completely out of our league, inevitably fail, and then shrug and say "we tried"?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not to when Bruno said he wanted reinforcements in, not to pre-season and not to the start of the disjointed Prem season, we're not.
Yeah, I know but I’m not too worried. I feel confident.

Back
Top Bottom