Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know there's not much to report on but if it carries on like this Birmingham Mail level of reporting from him I'll be unsubscribing
Stop worrying! Delighted to let you know that along with being Chairman, DoF, Chief Scout and FD, Jeff Shi will shortly be taking over as Wolves journo on The Athletic...

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And that's the problem, they shouldn't start together in a two. Neither of them have the mobility / are comfortable enough with the ball at their feet for the premier league's pace.

Palhinha is worse with the ball than either of them. He wouldn't be playing many progressive passes or running with the ball.

We'd need a formation change to make it work imho

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I don't agree. We have 3 better midfielders already, and it's not like our defence doesn't get any protection. He's a player we don't need right now.

He’s played the same number of games as Neves for Portugal over the last two years (more in major tournaments).

There’s uncertainty around Neves’ future. Moutinho is approaching 36 and Dendoncker’s contract is up at the end of next season (believe we have an additional years’ option).

Palhinha seems a ready-made, ready-to-go option to replace/provide competition at a price which still enables us to invest money elsewhere. Plus it seems we are having difficulty getting other targets over the line.

If Neves does stay (please!), Palhinha allows him the freedom and protection to play a little further forward.

Last edited:

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me a striker is still priority over anything else and i really
hope thats how Shi and Sellars are thinking, or we will be in deep **** this coming season

A good striker would suffer in our side at the moment. We have no creativity and need to. Move to a 4 and can’t defend

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, Hobbs'll be jetting over to Rio next to be soundly rejected by Gabigol as well.

I hear after that, he's got a three day boat trip into the Peruvian jungle. Apparently, the Kakataibo tribe have a tasty playmaker...
Rather that than the ****awi tribe who, being very short and living in long grass, don't know where they are.

Last edited:

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palhinha is worse with the ball than either of them. He wouldn't be playing many progressive passes or running with the ball.

Yet on the obligatory YouTube video he always bursts forward and plays a forward pass after winning a tackle - something neither of our current crop of midfielders seem capable of doing.

If he's the anchor, then Neves and other midfielders play further forward without having to cover so much ground too.

Neves and Moutinho just can't work as a pair.

I've come to the realisation that if we're sell to buy, Neves unfortunately holds us back.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There are 70 days left in the summer 2022 summer transfer window. That's 10 weeks, over two months or just under 20% of a year.
The trouble is it will feel like 170. Perhaps the best way out of the problem is to take a sabbatical until the end of July and forget who we have failed to get, and live with what we've got. After all, there's nothing we can do to alter anything.

R

reanswolf

Palhinha was coming as Neves replacement not to play with Neves. If Neves stays we don’t get Palhinha and neither would I think he would want to join us. In the recent internationals Neves and even Moutinho played in front of Palhinha and there is no guarantee that the situation would be any different at Wolves. In a World Cup year he’s not going to jeopardise his position by playing second fiddle. If Neves is staying the other midfielder needs to be like we have looked at Nunes, Enzo not Palhinha.
Which I think is wrong. My dream ticket would be a midfield 3 of Palhinha, Neves, and Nunes.

So we should get Palhinha to supplement Neves not replace, this is why I have zero faith in Sellars.

R

reanswolf

Yet on the obligatory YouTube video he always bursts forward and plays a forward pass after winning a tackle - something neither of our current crop of midfielders seem capable of doing.

If he's the anchor, then Neves and other midfielders play further forward without having to cover so much ground too.

Neves and Moutinho just can't work as a pair.

I've come to the realisation that if we're sell to buy, Neves unfortunately holds us back.
Bang on mate.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

For me a striker is still priority over anything else and i really
hope thats how Shi and Sellars are thinking, or we will be in deep **** this coming season.
A prime Ronaldo (either one) would struggle to score in this side.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The censorship is over then. I have to say closing a thread and being told you cannot talk about something until the next day is very authoritarian.
I totally agree. The initial thread could have been suspended and then reinstated when deemed appropriate. I understand the associated problems, but treating us like children is not competent leadership or the way to nurture loyal support.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Already posted on the loan thread, however Meritan Shabani is currently training with Grasshoppers. He's not ready for our first team so seems a sensible move for him to get game time, although not sure how he fits their midfield with Kawabe in there also

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, and I might be mistaken, but it seems River Plate retaining 25% of his rights was also an important factor in the deal.

And, I think, this would have been impossible for Wolves to offer because of the Premier League rules relating to third-party ownership.
Yet you can have a sell-on clause…!
A rose is still a rose, even if called by a different name.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Read elsewhere were have an interest in Hans Vanhaken a midfielder from Bruges. Capped by Belgium in midfield.

Consistent goal scoring midfielder

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
Yellow
Red
2021-223911910
2020-213611741
2019-202913330
2018-1940141740
2017-1839121050
2016-17399430
2015-163610840

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's worse: moaning about transfers, moaning about people moaning about transfers or closing a thread because of people moaning about people moaning about people moaning about transfers?
People moaning about a thread being closed because of people moaning about people moaning about people moaning about transfers?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet you can have a sell-on clause…!
A rose is still a rose, even if called by a different name.
True enough. Presumably clubs would want a bigger up front fee if sell-on clauses were abolished.

R

reanswolf

He’s played the same number of games as Neves for Portugal over the last two years (more in major tournaments).

There’s uncertainty around Neves’ future. Moutinho is approaching 36 and Dendoncker’s contract is up at the end of next season (believe we have an additional years’ option).

Palhinha seems a ready-made, ready-to-go option to replace/provide competition at a price which still enables us to invest money elsewhere. Plus it seems we are having difficulty getting other targets over the line.

If Neves does stay (please!), Palhinha allows him the freedom and protection to play a little further forward.
Bang on Tring.

Madness that we are not snapping an aggressive midfielder of this calibre up.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bueno and Lembikisa don't have a single senior appearance between them, and people think they will be ready for first team involvement? I like the look of both of them but they aren't ready

They'll never have one if they don't get the chance. No point signing another full back just to be there and take up the 4th spot. Got a couple good youngsters, one of them looks way too good for under 23s, deserves the opportunity to be the 4th full back if needed.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are keeping Neves, do we really want to be paying Moutinho 100k a week, if many of you see him as a backup?

Yes because of we Keep Neves we aren't signing another midfielder so we need sombody to partner him.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are 70 days left in the summer 2022 summer transfer window. That's 10 weeks, over two months or just under 20% of a year.
There are only 8 days left to the date the manager wanted all incoming signings to be sorted out, so he can get a proper pre-season with them and successfully convey his ideas. Delayed signings thereafter will have an increasingly negative impact on our season, as players from foreign countries have to settle more quickly into the area and try to hit the ground running with their new coach and teammates.

Back
Top Bottom