Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

MelbourneWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
What role is Mendes playing in selling Wolves? When we signed Neves, Patricio etc it was said it was because of Mendes. Has he stepped away from the “project”. When it comes off we thank Mendes, when it doesn’t we blame Jeff and co (who deserve a lot of it tbf)

D

Deleted member sbk12944

What role is Mendes playing in selling Wolves? When we signed Neves, Patricio etc it was said it was because of Mendes. Has he stepped away from the “project”. When it comes off we thank Mendes, when it doesn’t we blame Jeff and co (who deserve a lot of it tbf)
TBF without Mendes we would probably still be in the championship. All our best players were linked to Mendes one way or another.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
TBH, if Neves and Moutinho both stay (which more and more is seeming likely), then we only need one starting box-to-box midfielder (would like another young athletic ball carrier). That leaves a starting CB that can play in a back four and a target striker. Then, we should see some promising youngsters brought in after (in the mold of Chiquinho, Toti, Mosquera).

I expect Traore and Boly to move on and probably some fringe players like Sanderson, Giles, Jordao, etc. Donk would be my next odds-on favorite to move, followed by MGW. If Traore goes, then I hope we keep MGW.

CMs = Neves, Moutinho, Nunes, Cundle, (+ youngster?)
Strikers = Jimenez, Silva, Seferovic
Wingers/Inside Forwards = Neto, Podence, MGW, Chiquinho, Hwang, (+ youngster--Pedrinho, Almeida?)
CBs = Coady, Kilman, Toti, New CB, Mosquera
LB/RBs = Semedo, Jonny, RAN, Bolla, Bueno

I'd be happy with that team--top ten again. New CB will be crucial to change our mentality/positioning (along with Nunes)--will Collins be that guy?

Guys that need to step it up next season: full injury recovery - Jimenez, Neto; and "time to shine" - MGW, Silva. Then, continued development/growth of RAN, Chiquinho, Kilman, Toti, Mosquera, and Cundle.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My pub news is that I am going, with my son, to the Cleveland Arms on Thursday night where Kenny Jackett and Sam Ricketts will be taking and answering questions about their time at Wolves. I am sure that high on the agenda will be questions about O'Hara, Roger Johnson and the bomb squad!
Roger didn't get all that much stick from what my dad was telling me. I saw Kightly and a few others there over time, none of them said anything that we didn't already know really

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can confirm that is quite correct my contact who is very close to the club has told me RUBEN is signing a extension to his contract happy days .
As with many others I look upon that news as the best we could hope for in this window. Certainly it's hoped we get supplementaries but that will be the best.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the pub..

Sellars has ordered some lime green and pink Nike boots, he is reregistering as a player. ‘We’ve got Sellars, WHO? Ruben Sellars‘ I just don’t think you understand.

Jeff has spent the last week working on his left peg in the event of RAN being moved on. Living the dream. He wants either the No.2 or No.10 shirts. Shi 2 or Shi 10.

Mathew Hobbs is meeting with an Amazon tribe to check out any promising youngsters, before he lost his cell signal in the rainforest he Whatsapp’d that the BA flight was good but mid flight got asked to move back into his economy seat, the cabin pressure made him fart for England and he got to watch 2 marvel franchise movies. All good.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There isn't a buyer at the moment, plain and simple. If none of them properly fancy him what can be done?
His problem is because he has been playing for the Premier league's most boring team he hasn't been able to show what he can really do, put him in a team that has some idea and he will be one hell of a player. He's just stagnating with us which is a shame for him

Last edited:

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His problem is because he has been playing for the Premier league's most boring team he hasn't been able to show what he can really do, put him in a team that has some idea and he will be one hell of a player. He's just stagnating with us which is a shame for him
Sorry but he has just had his best season in my opinion his all round game has come along way since he joined he certainly hasn't stagnated at all but yeah anyway to have a dig at the club..

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but he has just had his best season in my opinion his all round game has come along way since he joined he certainly hasn't stagnated at all but yeah anyway to have a dig at the club..
I think the point is that his clear progression is in spite of the team performance, rather than because of it.

He's stepped up when we were at the bare bones.

The player, the man. Sheer class.
Against a backdrop of horrific recruitment and underinvestment.
(Mismanagement).

He deserves better than us, but I'm glad he loves us.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He also is too safe with the ball and plays at too slow of a tempo. Big clubs sign players from relegated clubs if they are top, top players

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is this pub still open? Just popped my head in and it’s a bit of a sorry sight: there are a handful of people still dancing on the tables, singing Hi Ho Silver Lining and clapping, but most are hunched over their beers muttering along to ‘The Sound of Silence’ that’s whispering from the jukebox.

Anyway, I have an actual rumour if anyone’s interested? (I must also stress that it’s a rumour and I am not in the know). Feel free to pinch that sodium chloride to your hearts’ content, here it is:

There’s been activity at Compton over the last 48 hours. 3 new signings are to be announced next week along with one player committing to a new contract.

I’m off to Costa, just a whiff of the alcohol from this place has made my head spin.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perfect thread this is now, didn't want to bring mass panic attention and everything that comes with starting a new thread that is controversial if you like.

I have been speaking to someone I know who has genuine links to club. Do not really want to say more than that. They told me yesterday and reiterated this morning Ruben Neves is "definatly leaving". I tried to press them on more but that was all I kept getting. Just repeated "definatly leaving". I get the feeling we could hear something soon. The last time I got such a definitive leak from this person was when Dendoncker signed (didn't know who he even was at the time) and when Raul signed his permanent deal.

Passed on in good faith, genuinely just passing on what I have been told. I hope it is *******s as much as anyone else.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is this pub still open? Just popped my head in and it’s a bit of a sorry sight: there are a handful of people still dancing on the tables, singing Hi Ho Silver Lining and clapping, but most are hunched over their beers muttering along to ‘The Sound of Silence’ that’s whispering from the jukebox.

Anyway, I have an actual rumour if anyone’s interested? (I must also stress that it’s a rumour and I am not in the know). Feel free to pinch that sodium chloride to your hearts’ content, here it is:

There’s been activity at Compton over the last 48 hours. 3 new signings are to be announced next week along with one player committing to a new contract.

I’m off to Costa, just a whiff of the alcohol from this place has made my head spin.
Seen that on wolves rumours. Hope its true but also taken with a huge pinch of salt seen as its on wolves rumours

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Love the caveats. Think it will be Moutinho staying.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perfect thread this is now, didn't want to bring mass panic attention and everything that comes with starting a new thread that is controversial if you like.

I have been speaking to someone I know who has genuine links to club. Do not really want to say more than that. They told me yesterday and reiterated this morning Ruben Neves is "definatly leaving". I tried to press them on more but that was all I kept getting. Just repeated "definatly leaving". I get the feeling we could hear something soon. The last time I got such a definitive leak from this person was when Dendoncker signed (didn't know who he even was at the time) and when Raul signed his permanent deal.

Passed on in good faith, genuinely just passing on what I have been told. I hope it is *******s as much as anyone else.
Thanks for sharing, though Bob Dylan's Wicked Messenger comes to mind! God this close season is horrible. For a brief couple of days there was real hope Neves would stay and we'd get nunes and guedes and be the attacking side we all want to see. The reality is we probably will lose neves, get a couple of players we've never heard of and Lage starts Hwang next season.
Damn, I'm depressed now.
It has been a privilege to watch neves though. He epitomises everything good about top sports players, and I was sat in the North Bank behind his inch perfect pass to Jiminez against Leicester to set up our winning goal. One of those moments in sport I'll never forget, like watching viv Richards bat, jonny Wilkinson in his prime, Steve bull against Scotland on his debut, those great moments when time stops and the player controls that moment, that play, and the crowd and all those around him or her know they've witnessed something of beauty.
Feel a bit better now. And if he is off, then thank you sir for giving of your time, commitment and ability to us at this great club that has known both success and failure, this genuine club that will continue on its gold and black journey. Wolves ay we.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My mates missus works at a pet groomers in Wolverhampton.
She has told him that the Shi family have booked a rabbit in on Monday.
Apparently it has a big performance on Tuesday!
Thatll be cause jeffs hired magic bob from wolverhampton to entertain all the kids we will need to bulk the squad up with.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing I keep chewin over is .If we have to sell Ruben to get new players in.Then Ruben has to leave.Otherwise we won't be any better than we were last year.And the last 2 months were bloody shocking.I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.Because personally I don't want him to leave. :confused:

It's why I'm hoping we sell Adama for a decent fee. Might be able to get Haris Seferovic and Andre Almeida

D

Deleted member sbk12944

The thing I keep chewin over is .If we have to sell Ruben to get new players in.Then Ruben has to leave.Otherwise we won't be any better than we were last year.And the last 2 months were bloody shocking.I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.Because personally I don't want him to leave. :confused:
Nobody wants him to leave but if we won’t invest, for the sake of his career he should go to try and win something or go somewhere with ambition. He deserves it as he has been a pleasure to watch and has given us more time than anyone really expected. I genuinely feel we are holding him back with the lack of investment now which is a shame.

Last edited by a moderator:

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't know why but I have this gut feeling that it's Man Utd.

Back
Top Bottom