Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Non-Wolves Transfers (Summer Transfers 2022)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This one im not too bothered to miss out on. Felt like more of the same that we already have.
I am not so sure. I’d hoped he might be a proper replacement for Traore unlike Trincao. Then Chiq would provide the young backup cover needed.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were an attractive proposition when in the Championship and we had a 'project' to sell. Since the project now appears dead in the water and we're just making up the numbers in the Prem; I agree, less attractive than the bird in the corner of the nightclub when the smoochies start.

Totally agree. The project looks over. When we had a good project to sell we were an attractive proposition now we arent. You only have to watch Shi and Sellars videos from the other week. What top player would be inspired by any of that?!

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'
Yet another one to cross off the list. I do wonder what is going on at our club. Seems no urgency at all and we need quite a bit of business.

Why is one off the list when no one knows what the list is?

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
'
Yet another one to cross off the list. I do wonder what is going on at our club. Seems no urgency at all and we need quite a bit of business.

Jos how can you question the urgency we have been in for 3/4 players they just choose not to come

We are clearly trying to sign cms and others they just choose other options

Club is targeting some talent as well, something will come off soon

Where we ever really interested in Guedes or just linked due to mendes stable

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jos how can you question the urgency we have been in for 3/4 players they just choose not to come

Its all really frustrating to be honest. We have wanted a central midfield player and centre back for years now and still we wait. Appreciate Guedes isnt a midfield player but he was a player we were heavily linked with.
Just seems an air of stagnation over the club at present.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its all really frustrating to be honest. We have wanted a central midfield player and centre back for years now and still we wait. Appreciate Guedes isnt a midfield player but he was a player we were heavily linked with.
Just seems an air of stagnation over the club at present.
Is this the same Guedes? I thought that there were two lurking out their linked to us. One an experienced winger and the other a kid.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Same scenario as the last 4 windows ...which shows have we learnt our lessons?

Squads in need of an overhaul and time to gel...so as Bruno asked we need to get then in early.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Winger to Roma and then Youngster to Almeria would have been loaned out for first team experience tbh
TY. I'd seen the Almeria link earlier (l agree that had Grasshoppers written all over it) but somehow missed the Roma one.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We can't offer European football or that he will improve as a player or settle in
Benfica have huge experience of bringing South Americans over as well as being a top club
Probably more than happy to give him a reasonable release clause as well

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same scenario as the last 4 windows ...which shows have we learnt our lessons?

Squads in need of an overhaul and time to gel...so as Bruno asked we need to get then in early.
Exactly. Links maybe there but facts are we have signed no one yet and haven’t even agreed new deals for mgw and moutinho. It all looks like the project from a few years ago is in the downward spiral to me. A real shame.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Totally agree. The project looks over. When we had a good project to sell we were an attractive proposition now we arent. You only have to watch Shi and Sellars videos from the other week. What top player would be inspired by any of that?!
2 days ago I would have agreed with you, but after all of the links over the last few days, links to top quality players, and coinciding that with rumours that Neves is staying, I think the project is back on. We will see, maybe I’m being optimistic and it’ll be Sanches all over again, but I’m hopeful Jeff was having us on/Guo has told him to sort it out.

The other thing is this, we all know that we have needed to sort out the central midfield and central defence for years, and that is exactly where all of these players play. Maybe someone has finally learnt that playing a flat back 10 in order to protect Coady doesn’t work. I’m optimistic because if we do somehow pull off Nunes, Gabigol, another midfielder akin to Fernandes and a central defender with pace, we will finally see this team cause some serious damage.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Joao Felix is apparently available I’d love to see him in the premier league to see if he could fulfill his massive potential. Obviously not at us as that’s being downright ****ing silly but just to watch him in the league.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a quick google Benfica pay €37m euros a year in wages Wolves pay £62m pounds I’d say there is a big disparity.

Correct about European football though.
They could have a greater gap between first team squad players, they'll be offering as high end wages as we could for top players. They won't be paying their equivalent to MGW what he's on here I bet

D

Deleted member sbk12944

They could have a greater gap between first team squad players, they'll be offering as high end wages as we could for top players. They won't be paying their equivalent to MGW what he's on here I bet
Darwin Nunez was reportedly on £31k a week. I’d bet everyone of our first 11 maybe even first 16 are on more than that. I’d even say we paid some that or more when in the championship under Nuno.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joao Felix is apparently available I’d love to see him in the premier league to see if he could fulfill his massive potential. Obviously not at us as that’s being downright ****ing silly but just to watch him in the league.

I mean with the Mendes and Lage connections its not out of the realm of possibilities but yeah, more or less never happening

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
As said on the other thread have an evenings break and start afresh tomorrow without the bitching, stick to transfers not all the other *******s. Despite this being said on the other thread it didn't take long for some of you to start up again

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Id love to go after Otavio
They're after his €60m release apparently, get a sense of playing hardball after losing all of Diaz, Vitinha & Fabio Vieira all in the space of 6 months. If they sold any more players they won't have a team left at this rate.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

They're after his €60m release apparently, get a sense of playing hardball after losing all of Diaz, Vitinha & Fabio Vieira all in the space of 6 months. If they sold any more players they won't have a team left at this rate.
Perhaps we should just join teams and become Wolverhampton Porto CF

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds had a £30m offer for Otavio rejected and Romano exclusive is that they’re after De Ketelaere from Brugge.

Obviously Raphinha/Phillips money but they’re doing it right IMO

Don't seem interested in Adama either

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 days ago I would have agreed with you, but after all of the links over the last few days, links to top quality players, and coinciding that with rumours that Neves is staying, I think the project is back on. We will see, maybe I’m being optimistic and it’ll be Sanches all over again, but I’m hopeful Jeff was having us on/Guo has told him to sort it out.

The other thing is this, we all know that we have needed to sort out the central midfield and central defence for years, and that is exactly where all of these players play. Maybe someone has finally learnt that playing a flat back 10 in order to protect Coady doesn’t work. I’m optimistic because if we do somehow pull off Nunes, Gabigol, another midfielder akin to Fernandes and a central defender with pace, we will finally see this team cause some serious damage.

Having read the athletic article this morning, if it is accurate, I would say the project aint looking that great.

Back
Top Bottom