Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Hobbs an idiot? Or are the idiots the 'grown adults' labelling him based on *******s posted to twitter?
I have no idea. But my post was based on the comedy thought of Jeff booking ridiculous activities for him on his trip. (Its a TV show with Ricky Gervais).
But the post is no less ridiculous than the 282 pages of guff we already have, with grown adults bickering over something they have no control of and limited knowledge of.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We seem to have problems selling potential players on "the project"

I do wonder quite what the project is at present.

I think this is important to touch on.

Newcastle recruited Bruno Guimaraes, a player who is above their current level. From everything he said when he joined and since, he's firmly invested in their project:

"Next season I believe it will strengthen very well to seek, who knows, a spot in the Champions League, in the Europa League. From now on, it's a team to compete for to be champions of the Premier League. I believe a lot in the project and I hope that everything works out as it was passed on to me.".

When Fosun first took over, the players (and manager!) we brought in were hit and miss in the first season.

When Nuno joined us in The Championship, it was clear Fosun meant business and the likes of Neves, Jota and Boly bought into the project and soon followed.

When we were promoted, Jeff Shi spoke about challenging the elite of English football and Moutinho and Patricio joined in what were jaw-dropping transfers for a newly-promoted club.

7th in our first season back! An FA Cup semi final for the first time in nearly 20 years. A European trip. Another 'best of the rest' 7th place finish.

Dreaming was for free. But those dreams were coming true in front of our eyes!

The momentum we had from two successive 7th place finishes was then derailed by Covid. Summer 2020 could have been a lot more successful from a recruitment perspective if their was less uncertainty and the market hadn't been suppressed.

We ended up selling a big asset and then spending over the odds on Semedo and Silva that summer, none of which made us any better the following season (Silva was still too young and Semedo took time to settle and didn't replicate the output of Doherty).

We then had some bad luck with Jimenez the following season, taking all 3 of our biggest contributors from the previous season out of the team. Our progress stalled again.

Over the same period, Fosun's approach changed. Their stated goals changed as the realism of how competitive the Premier League was took hold.

A controlled spending plan was adopted. Sell to buy, a strict wage structure and organic growth, no longer underwritten by Fosun. A new manager was brought in with the remit of bringing with him attacking, entertaining football. We saw glimpses, but quickly moved back to a dull, pragmatic approach.

Unlike Nuno's early days, where everyone appeared to be on board and the link between every aspect of the football club was clear, the club's board, the manager, the team and the fans don't appear to be pulling in the same direction any more. The team no longer have the same identity we had under Nuno's management.

This has meant doubts have crept in about the ownership, the manager and the players. The overall feelings of togetherness and that we were doing something different have started to dissipate.

Whether you agree with the current approach or not, the one concern I have now is this.....

If we can't sell our approach or 'project' to all of our own fans anymore, how can we possibly sell it to new players?

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have no idea. But my post was based on the comedy thought of Jeff booking ridiculous activities for him on his trip. (Its a TV show with Ricky Gervais).
But the post is no less ridiculous than the 282 pages of guff we already have, with grown adults bickering over something they have no control of and limited knowledge of.

Yeah, I know the show. Big fan in fact. I get you're kidding but its a derivative of 282 pages of guff as you label it.

The amount of pure pant wetting over twitter drivel is amazing.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should just go and buy absolutely anyone from the championship to keep the miserable ****ers on here happy as they’re so desperate for any signing. Wonder what Scott Golbourne is doing these days?

Id still play him ahead of Hwang

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they have 86b in literal cash. Why Is the an article saying they'll have a cash flow issue for the next 12months

Two things: one) they hold considerably more debt on the balance sheet than cash, so if all their debtors asked for their money back, they wouldn't be able to pay it. With interests rates rising too, interest payments could be a big challenge. Two) They're spending more than they earn and therefore they are eating into their cash reserves. So they could have a cash flow problem in the future if they're not careful.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Karl pilkington...proper legend, hilarious chap.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I know the show. Big fan in fact. I get you're kidding but its a derivative of 282 pages of guff as you label it.

The amount of pure pant wetting over twitter drivel is amazing.
Pant wetting doesn't bother me, unfortunately for Jeff our fan base is still mainly British and us British like to moan, it's a national pastime and right.

No one can argue that the club don't exasperate the pant wetting and leave the door wide open for the doom mongers.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

According to @DiMarzio from Monday the clause of Enzo Fernandez's contract goes from 18 million to 23.5 million: the player will wait for #Milan until the end of the week before giving availability to other interested teams

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

According to @DiMarzio from Monday the clause of Enzo Fernandez's contract goes from 18 million to 23.5 million: the player will wait for #Milan until the end of the week before giving availability to other interested teams

DiMarzio is almost Alan Nixon level in unreliability (or so I believe)

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Makes sense that he wants to talk to all parties. If he likes what Milan say then he's off there, if not then we are in the running again.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

"No to Enzo Fernández's Wolves: he told them that he wants to stay and play the Libertadores"

"Benfica and Milan willing to comply with the request, negotiation at lower figures than the clause"

"Situation will be clarified shortly"

sounds like benfica and milan will wait until end of his season but we want him now ?

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Does anyone know of a filter that will automatically remove any posts from my feed that contain the words:

Pork Scratchings
ITK
Grasshoppers
Guo's Mrs
Air miles
Tick Tock
Fafferty Faff
Only has (insert low number) of followers
Fake Account
Have we signed anyone yet?

I promise to reinvest the time I save more usefully by shaving the hairs from a basket of kiwi fruit.......
As long as the hilarity that is the Doris the tea lady , the kit man and pampers can be thrown in as well.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"No to Enzo Fernández's Wolves: he told them that he wants to stay and play the Libertadores"

"Benfica and Milan willing to comply with the request, negotiation at lower figures than the clause"

sounds like benfica and milan will wait until end of his season but we want him now ?
Yeah - that's from the journo who seeded the story then broke our hearts!

Tbh, I don't know why anyone would ever choose Wolves over Milan. Champions of Italy, beautiful city, champions league... Long shot

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is important to touch on.

Newcastle recruited Bruno Guimaraes, a player who is above their current level. From everything he said when he joined and since, he's firmly invested in their project:

"Next season I believe it will strengthen very well to seek, who knows, a spot in the Champions League, in the Europa League. From now on, it's a team to compete for to be champions of the Premier League. I believe a lot in the project and I hope that everything works out as it was passed on to me.".

When Fosun first took over, the players (and manager!) we brought in were hit and miss in the first season.

When Nuno joined us in The Championship, it was clear Fosun meant business and the likes of Neves, Jota and Boly bought into the project and soon followed.

When we were promoted, Jeff Shi spoke about challenging the elite of English football and Moutinho and Patricio joined in what were jaw-dropping transfers for a newly-promoted club.

7th in our first season back! An FA Cup semi final for the first time in nearly 20 years. A European trip. Another 'best of the rest' 7th place finish.

Dreaming was for free. But those dreams were coming true in front of our eyes!

The momentum we had from two successive 7th place finishes was then derailed by Covid. Summer 2020 could have been a lot more successful from a recruitment perspective if their was less uncertainty and the market hadn't been suppressed.

We ended up selling a big asset and then spending over the odds on Semedo and Silva that summer, none of which made us any better the following season (Silva was still too young and Semedo took time to settle and didn't replicate the output of Doherty).

We then had some bad luck with Jimenez the following season, taking all 3 of our biggest contributors from the previous season out of the team. Our progress stalled again.

Over the same period, Fosun's approach changed. Their stated goals changed as the realism of how competitive the Premier League was took hold.

A controlled spending plan was adopted. Sell to buy, a strict wage structure and organic growth, no longer underwritten by Fosun. A new manager was brought in with the remit of bringing with him attacking, entertaining football. We saw glimpses, but quickly moved back to a dull, pragmatic approach.

Unlike Nuno's early days, where everyone appeared to be on board and the link between every aspect of the football club was clear, the club's board, the manager, the team and the fans don't appear to be pulling in the same direction any more. The team no longer have the same identity we had under Nuno's management.

This has meant doubts have crept in about the ownership, the manager and the players. The overall feelings of togetherness and that we were doing something different have started to dissipate.

Whether you agree with the current approach or not, the one concern I have now is this.....

If we can't sell our approach or 'project' to all of our own fans anymore, how can we possibly sell it to new players?
Good post

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Benfica and Milan are likely happy to pay his release and then comply with the players wishes by loaning him back till the end of the Libertadores just before the World Cup (Similar to what City did with Julian Alvarez). Sounds like we aren’t happy to do the same & want him now…

If true it seems a little naive, the knockout stages of the Libertadores start next week! Imagine a club trying to take someone like Neves from us before we played in the Watford Fa Cup Semi-Final or just before our Europa League campaign started back up post covid, we’d be livid & also i’m sure Neves would want to play the games for us too - Imagine it’s the same for Enzo & River in this instance.

Hopefully we’re willing to go back in for him and comply with his wishes. If he’s one of Bruno’s top targets for midfield, at only £17.5m, it sounds like a no brainer when you compare it to how much Nunes would cost, even if he wouldn’t feature for us till Christmas.

All things considered though, I can understand why the club would want him now if we have a limited budget for the summer and our midfield options are already sparse!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean the tweet that says he wants to finish their champions league season? That was stated before Hobbs flew out so it’s hardly something new or wrong.
Indeed. The Benfica site shows that they were told the same.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly.

I cannot decide when that “Jeff offered them a bag of pork scratchings hurr dur!” joke was funniest. The first time it was mentioned in this window or the 100th time someone said it.……..Actually it was never funny.

What has happened to this place! You come here excited to catch up on the latest rumours and this thread is just same few negative posters repeating their doom mongering over and over.

If ya put all the negative posters on ignore,yow will only get the positives. :tonguewink:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should just go and buy absolutely anyone from the championship to keep the miserable ****ers on here happy as they’re so desperate for any signing. Wonder what Scott Golbourne is doing these days?
I personally think waiting four years is more than long enough to start becoming impatient.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So we have to comply with what Milan and Benfica have agreed and what the player wants. Fair enough as an opening gambit in a negotiation.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly.

I cannot decide when that “Jeff offered them a bag of pork scratchings hurr dur!” joke was funniest. The first time it was mentioned in this window or the 100th time someone said it.……..Actually it was never funny.

What has happened to this place! You come here excited to catch up on the latest rumours and this thread is just same few negative posters repeating their doom mongering over and over.
You're just moaning for the sake of it ironically.

You came on here to 'catch up on the latest rumours' - and that's exactly what you've done.

Unfortunately the latest rumour is that Enzo Fernandez doesn't want to join us, so it's bound to be negative.

If there's another update that says we're about to sign some good player, guess, what, the place will be positive. However, that hasn't happened.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What hasn't been reported is Hobbs stopped off at Majors before his flight and got him a cone of orange chips. Milan and Benfica can't offer that.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea on the scouting credentials of this Butler guy but it's extremely short-sighted to think a Premier League club with a team of scouts based at the club and a scouting network throughout the world aren't entirely aware of all of these players, and a few hundred on top
Agreed. I would also add privileged access to the best placed agent in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom