Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So if the rumours are to be believed:

- Hobbs embarked on a 14,000 mile round trip to Buenos Aires to convince Enzo to sign
- Enzo told him it was a pointless conversation because his intention was always to stay to try to win the Copa Libertadores
- Hobbs flew home
- Enzo then suddenly decided he wants to leave now because his release clause price goes up imminently

Either that's a load of BS or there are levels of incompetence on a monumental scale in our recruitment program delivery

Well the source says wants to finish the season and then in the next sentence waiting for Benfica then Milan. So what is it?

Awell we shall see what today brings

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

- Hobbs embarked on a 14,000 mile round trip to Buenos Aires to convince Enzo to sign
- Enzo told him it was a pointless conversation because his intention was always to stay to try to win the Copa Libertadores
- Hobbs flew home
- Enzo then suddenly decided he wants to leave now because his release clause price goes up imminently

Either that's a load of BS or there are levels of incompetence on a monumental scale in our recruitment program delivery

..Or you're creating a very simplified view of events, based on Twitter rumors'.
Too much is being made on a member of our staff flying to another continent. I'd expect this is always the case for a Premier league club?

How many of Wolves singings under Fosun have we known about 1 week before they sign?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

- Hobbs flew home

I’ll go for that one. Where have you been the last few years?? :D

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
..Or you're creating a very simplified view of events, based on Twitter rumors'.
Too much is being made on a member of our staff flying to another continent. I'd expect this is always the case for a Premier league club?

How many of Wolves singings under Fosun have we known about 1 week before they sign?
That's pretty much the point I was making, I guess I came across literally!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where shall we send Hobbsy next?

He’s apparently off to Brazil now so he can have a day or two there and come back with nothing.

I reckon Paris.
PSG got some players we can pretend to sign and at least he won’t have to sit on a really long flight home.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He’s apparently off to Brazil now so he can have a day or two there and come back with nothing.

I reckon Paris.
PSG got some players we can pretend to sign and at least he won’t have to sit on a really long flight home.
'What Hobbsy saw' sounds like a sitcom waiting to happen

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I reckon Paris.
All that sitting around, poor bloke is going to get deep vein thrombosis.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My take is that we've been the only club to show serious interest so far, so Fernandez's agents / representatives etc. leaked news of Hobbs' visit to flush out offers from Benfica, Milan etc. and are now dragging their heals to see if there'll be better terms on the table.
I hope we just pay the clause and then support the lad, ie you can play copa libertadores and we will have you afterwards, whenever river win or get knocked out.

Ie keep him happy, dont want a grumpy player.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK, so can you explain why countries can run such massive debts and not be 'broke'? I often hear about the line where we shouldn't compare nation state debt to household budgeting, but I've never really understood it.

Not really on topic, but think I would like to learn (read The Economist every week, but this is never really explained in there).

Thanks.
As I understand it, the difference with countries is that they can get their central bank to create new money / issue bonds which new investors can take up and the money is then recirculated. The risk is it can create inflation and/or if you do it too much you will lose your credibility so investors will doubt you can keep the circle going

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are massive in Argentina so surely he will be on the flight back with Hobbs . Get to the UK and then stop for a pie and a pint . Then the black country musuem . Then the Mount to rest up followed by the photo shoot at Compton. Yep can see thi deal sorted by December

modenawolf

Reaction score
I hope we just pay the clause and then support the lad, ie you can play copa libertadores and we will have you afterwards, whenever river win or get knocked out.

Ie keep him happy, dont want a grumpy player.
This would be the most sensible approach long-term if we really want him. Still leaves the problem of filling a short-term midfield need for a few months (even if Libertadores finishes in October, I don't think we could register him until January).

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People seem to forget that neither Jota or Boly were knocking our door down asking to join. I am fairly certain that when Mendes told Neves he was going to Wolverhampton to help out his boyhood club he had to get the Atlas down and Google it, then tell his childhood sweetheart that she was swapping the warm climate of Portugal for somewhere called the Black Country.

The other factor in that recruitment and to a certain extent Raul and Jonny was we were buying potential. They weren’t ready made, we weren’t fighting off Champions League clubs. There was no guarantee they were going to hack it the Championship. Those two summer windows have almost become mythical. We weren’t buying established players, we were taking punts, most of which eventually worked out thanks to good organisation and coaching. People also forget we still signed duds in those seasons, Miranda for example.

As for Enzo , he is a typical Wolves signing. Three days ago I’d never heard of him, like most on here, now I’ve seen his YouTube clips I want him to join. But I realise it’s probably on the unlikely side but as I said in an earlier post I would much rather we tried to punch above our weight than accept our existence as doing the former is the only way you improve.

It’s interesting that the calibre of player we’re definitely linked to this year has increased (to my mind). Is that because we’re out of UEFA FFP sanctions, Bruno wanting a different style of player or Jeff at al recognising the need to rebuild or combination of all 3? Of course we may still end up with Fred from the Dog and Duck 2nd XI the ho’s happy to play for a packet of fags and free beer in a Saturday night.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently his release clause increases on Monday which would explain the mad dash to try and get it sorted asap this week.

Also saw that we made a move for Barbosa in January but were rejected and it could cost 30-40mil to sign him

Can't find the tweet that said it though

D

Deleted member sbk12944

I reckon Paris.
It's a new FOSUN venture "Hobbsy's world travels" to promote FOSUN's travel industry part of their brand.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This would be the most sensible approach long-term if we really want him. Still leaves the problem of filling a short-term midfield need for a few months (even if Libertadores finishes in October, I don't think we could register him until January).

Normally i'd say it wouldn't be sensible to leave ourselves without a possible frontline midfielder for half a season, but with the world cup bringing everything to a stop for 2 months it may not be a bad idea to have guaranteed reinforcements arriving in time for the restart. If he doesn't get in the Argentina squad he could arrive during the break and get comfortable ready to go Jan 1st

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumours,rumours,rumours
Why does everyone immediately jump all over any negative rumour?
Why when any positive rumour appears does evryone say theres no chance of anything happening?
I have no idea if Hobbs has flown to South America,i have no idea if we are talking to any players,nor in reality does anyone except Wolves
We all know how we do business,very quietly
Usually we find out when the player has a medical booked
Lets just wait and see

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever happens we do seem to be targeting players that improve the team and this is what has been asked for by Bruno. The better the player though the more the competition and difficulty closing the signing, particularly for a provincial club such as Wolves.

They seem to be trying to do the right thing, so I'm happy to see what happens.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well the source says wants to finish the season and then in the next sentence waiting for Benfica then Milan. So what is it?

Sounds like he used the " Want to stay and finish the season" to get rid of Wolves but he's quite happy to pack his bags today and head off to Milan or Benfica......
Bit embarrassing from Wolves point of view if true, surely you would put out feelers to gauge a players level of interest before flying around the world to hear his " not interested".

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever happens we do seem to be targeting players that improve the team and this is what has been asked for by Bruno. The better the player though the more the competition and difficulty closing the signing, particularly for a provincial club such as Wolves.

They seem to be trying to do the right thing, so I'm happy to see what happens.

Big difference between targeting players and actually getting them to sign!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least Mat Hobbs got his 5 minutes of fame and a nice trip to Buenos Aires.

come on...He's probably bin told to look at some players live,from some Argentine scouts.And told to try and get Enzo whilst he is there.

IF he's bin sent over there purely for this kid,and he's told em he wants to finish the season in Argentina.Then that's bad planning from wolves,and shows ya some of these people Jeff has recruited ay up to the job.And that includes Jeff himself.This has to be the biggest loff of the season so far.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
come on...He's probably bin told to look at some players live,from some Argentine scouts.And told to try and get Enzo whilst he is there.

IF he's bin sent over there purely for this kid,and he's told em he wants to finish the season in Argentina.Then that's bad planning from wolves,and shows ya some of these people Jeff has recruited ay up to the job.And that includes Jeff himself.This has to be the biggest loff of the season so far.

Clear he has more than one agenda, there will be multiple players he can look at in argentina and brazil with there seasons active.
Enzo just part of it as is gaibgol, otherwise we must be balling to flutter away on a 16h flight.

Confidence in abundance!

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players we may also be speaking to whilst in South America that we have previously been linked to this window -

Charly Alcaraz - CAM - 19 year old Argentinian (€16mil)
Guilherme Arana - LB - 25 year old Brazilian (€15mil)
Andrey Santos - CM - 18 year old Brazilian (€10mil)
Pedro - ST - 25 year old Brazilian (€10mil)
Jesus Alcantar - CB - 18 year old Mexican (€?mil)

Can't remember if there were any other links on top of those so far this summer.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like he used the " Want to stay and finish the season" to get rid of Wolves but he's quite happy to pack his bags today and head off to Milan or Benfica......
Bit embarrassing from Wolves point of view if true, surely you would put out feelers to gauge a players level of interest before flying around the world to hear his " not interested".
If true but there's no evidence to support that, not even a suggestion it might be true, it's just total conjecture on your part.
Maybe his agent put the story out to get other clubs to back off ,leaving us a clear run?? Not very likely but possible :)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK, so can you explain why countries can run such massive debts and not be 'broke'? I often hear about the line where we shouldn't compare nation state debt to household budgeting, but I've never really understood it.

Not really on topic, but think I would like to learn (read The Economist every week, but this is never really explained in there).

Thanks.

It's a rough metaphor, but bringing football into the equation , you could think of money as "points". In a sense, that is what a fiat money is, anyway. An abstract points scoring system.

Like people and money, some clubs have lots of points and some have hardly any. But the Premier League itself can never run out of points. Imagine the outrage: "sorry, the season will be cancelled due to a shortage of points".

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's probably a sensible thing for him to do....Wolves might have offered him terms and he would like to know what offers Benfica and Milan have for him.No different to wat any player would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom