Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think players see us as an English team moving forward. Just been honest imo but we have sat still for a couple of seasons when others even below is seem to be trying to push the boat out and move up the table. Not saying we should be throwing money around but that's the only way Chelski and Man City got to where they are .

So either we need to change our approach or accept mid table and below and selling our best players .

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Truth and there does get a point where the fans inevitably do tire of knowing that they're never really going anywhere (Portsmouth, Blackburn, Bolton, Charlton etc etc) and what we have seen in recent examples of Everton, Villa and the best to keep an eye on, Southampton.

In footballer terms there's only so many you can convince to come play with you without mentioning the a word.
6/1 at the moment is good value. Obviously a lot could change as quite a bit left of the window but if we start the season with sort of same 11 and no new faces I would expect those odds to shorten purely on our end of season form. Lets hope those odds extend though.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So only that one originally source has put that message out but it hasn’t been picked up and reiterated like previous yet?

Seems a bit strange to fly out there just to be told no, unless there is other players we are trying for around. Maybe we activate the clause tell him he can finish his season and come in Jan.

Also seeing on Twitter etc why would fabricate a story of Matt Hobbs going to Argentina and sent it to the Argentina press. To say we tried?. I just don’t buy that line.

Transfers are complex, I’m sure there is more to it, if not then players choice fair enough.

Last edited:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just want to remind you fosun did write of all of the debt from wolves to them.

Wolves as a club is in a very sound position
Indeed and I would suggest that rather the club would be sold if FOSUN were in that much trouble. Would fetch a couple of hundred million pounds as long as we are in the Prem.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only thing I can see about enzo rejecting us is from those talking wolves numpties

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The only thing I can see about enzo rejecting us is from those talking wolves numpties

Ok get you don’t like them but they are literally a news aggregator that’s all. Rehash what’s out there for benefit of all.

As per my previous post it was quickly picked up by 4/5 big reporters, why haven’t they also said the same

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have been a lot more relaxed about this window had we strengthened adequately in January. We would have probably been in Europe (conjecture I know) and would only be needing 2 or 3 players.

As it stands we have left everything to one window and it’s become the most important window in years.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just want to remind you fosun did write of all of the debt from wolves to them.

Wolves as a club is in a very sound position
They did … but Fosun will be here till they sell.

When/ if they sell the loan payback would just be taken into account for the sale price, the only thing it allows us to do is seek outside finance from banks more easily.

dnf14

Reaction score
They cite an ESPN journalist that said it live on Argentine TV. Same journalist that reported Hobbs' odyssey to Buenos Aires in the first place.
Ok get you don’t like them but they are literally a news aggregator that’s all. Rehash what’s out there for benefit of all.

As per my previous post it was quickly picked up by 4/5 big reporters, why haven’t they also said the same
Sorry to say but it's not just one source anymore.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not saying settle for meh players but you were talking in certainty. I was merely making a point. You cannot predict how well a player will settle and perform at a new club. If we buy him now and let him stay he may get a serious injury. A lot of if's, but's and risk.

He could get injury at wolves in the same span. Man city did the same thing with that striker from the same team

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Player made their choice then. Awell other options to fish for.

And here ends the enzo saga on the mix
That last statement is a bit optimistic. What's the betting it is still being talked about in three years time? "Yet another example of......was,"

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At least Mat Hobbs got his 5 minutes of fame and a nice trip to Buenos Aires.

I’m sure there is more to it, I hope maybe not with Enzo, but other talents sure we were linked to a player from racing club at some point.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh we didn’t want him cos he was any good at football. we wanted him because there are 125m people in Japan.

I know, but I'd rather actually win a game of football then get YouTube views. If Jeff wants to know how to build a fan base it's win things. Not have an epsorts team and Asain players.

W

WasStefan

You mean we sent someone called Hobbs to sign a player in Argentina and we expected the player to not be immediately underwhelmed?

Good work, Wolves

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All they do is forward sources from different places on the web so it's easier for us to find the news. Rather then keep searching for it ourselves. They don't produce anything themselves.
There's more than a few who haven't made that connection and see them as a trusted primary source

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am fairly certain that he hasn’t flown out to have one conversation and then come home again on the return flight. It is a negotiation, they have said no to the first offer, quelle surprise. People would go ballistic on here if a club phoned up and said we want to buy Neves for £50m and we simply said fine we’ll send him over.

He may well say no now and may or may or may not change his mind but you don’t get without trying. Of course you could take the Moxey approach and simply ask whether a player is for sale and not even follow up with an offer. We’re competing with established European Clubs for our targets so we will probably lose more than we get. I would much rather that than be in the position of 8 years ago of securing players no one else wanted.

He may also have other targets lined up as well whilst he’s there.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
The buzz the club had on promotion has pretty much disappeared the last 2 seasons. We need to make a statement signing to get people interested again and looking at the calibre of player were in for thats exactly what we're trying to do.

Once 1 comes in others will follow, its just getting the 1st 1 to sign I feel

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The buzz the club had on promotion has pretty much disappeared the last 2 seasons. We need to make a statement signing to get people interested again and looking at the calibre of player were in for thats exactly what we're trying to do.

Once 1 comes in others will follow, its just getting the 1st 1 to sign I feel

From what it looks like, without Mendes we can't seem to convince players to come here, that's where the problem lies

CologneWolf

Reaction score

Not saying latest Twitter update is true or false I’m personally not one to get sucked in by the transfer stories. But to answer your question depending on the time line, perhaps the other journos have been pumping out Zzz’s while this information broke. Doubt they’ve even had enough time to take their morning dump as of right now. 6:30am BA time.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
From what it looks like, without Mendes we can't seem to convince players to come here, that's where the problem lies

Or players have other priorities, Palhina weren’t in for him, Enzo wants to finish the season with his club.

Nunes is still on holiday so

We shall see what happens

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sounding funny but would you come to Wolves or Newcastle if they paid you more money . Just saying we are ****ing in one pot where other teams **** in more than one .

Oxford Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m just here to scroll and look for the Twitter screenshots.
That is pretty much all I do as well, we should have a separate thread for summer transfers where people are only allowed to post Twitter shots. It can act as a summary for people who want to cut through all the BS and bickering.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is pretty much all I do as well, we should have a separate thread for summer transfers where people are only allowed to post Twitter shots. It can act as a summary for people who want to cut through all the BS and bickering.

Or maybe some sort of social media just dedicated to Tweets.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know most are on the **** taking out of fosun bandwagon, waiting for the right time to use their one liner that they've drawn up and waiting to use but to think their going out their to chat to one individual? **** outta here.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the guy who broke the news yesterday

“The envoy of the English club, Mathew Hobbes, met with the leadership of #River and with those close to #EnzoFernández . The refusal was because the player wants to stay and play the #CopaLibertadores . Now they continue carving the #Benfica , first, and then the #Milan .”

Interesting that it took a flight to Argentina to find out something that sounds pretty clear cut. At least Hobbs got his airmiles!

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think its just about a tanned man in a suit with white teeth.
If a fat sweaty guy called Nigel Bland turned up with a wad of cash he would have been on the next plane

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with those questioning the likely validity of this sudden twist with Enzo and it being all over... I don't understand why Hobbs would be there for one conversation, Enzo saying 'nah' I want to stick around here for a while and wait for Milan and then he say's 'ok' and fly's home

Could have done that on the phone, there simply has to be more to the story than that... shame we're not hearing it's all done and dusted today and more negative stories, but I very much doubt that's the end of things.... just wouldn't work like that

More likely some posturing being done from Enzo's team, and if we're determined to do a deal we have Hobbs out there for a reason to negotiate in real time and hopefully get a signature

Hoping to hear some progress being done today and more of a swing back to the positive. Hoping.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I know most are on the **** taking out of fosun bandwagon, waiting for the right time to use their one liner that they've drawn up and waiting to use but to think their going out their to chat to one individual? **** outta here.
Haha too right. How good is the pork scratchings material going around! Really witty stuff... :rolleyes:

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends, if we have money to spend, then yes, he may help us with the in demand players. But, if we are shopping in the 'more affordable' bucket, then we don't need him. He takes a huge cut of any deal.

The problem is we are not as attractive as we think we are.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim Vickery said he was really 1 footed and 1 footed players don't adapt to the Premier league well.
Phew!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go to the official website . Look at the team page.
1 Gk
4 Midfielders (including Cundle)
6 Attackers
9 Defenders.

Rebalancing and expansion needed big time

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if the rumours are to be believed:

- Hobbs embarked on a 14,000 mile round trip to Buenos Aires to convince Enzo to sign
- Enzo told him it was a pointless conversation because his intention was always to stay to try to win the Copa Libertadores
- Hobbs flew home
- Enzo then suddenly decided he wants to leave now because his release clause price goes up imminently

Either that's a load of BS or there are levels of incompetence on a monumental scale in our recruitment program delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom