Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Molineux

Hedge End Wolf

Reaction score
And Morgan's plan for joining the new SB to the NB and new SB

Attachments

• AL-20-060 MASTERPLAN, LEVEL 06-Rev P1.pdf
    471.5 KB · Views: 82

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's the difference??

Personally like a slightly asymmetrical ground, built up over the years, sort of different styles but somehow coming together to look great. Villa Park and Hillsborough, Anfield as well. Not too stadia sort of big but still got that big ground feel.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's the difference??

Personally like a slightly asymmetrical ground, built up over the years, sort of different styles but somehow coming together to look great. Villa Park and Hillsborough, Anfield as well. Not too stadia sort of big but still got that big ground feel.

The last of those Morgan plans shows the size of the upper tier concourses, which are far bigger than we have in the Bully or South Bank today.

Hedge End Wolf

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I’d seen one of the plans before, showing the phasing, but not this level of detail for the completed scheme. Where did you get the plans from?
No worries.
I posted many of the images and drawings circulating back at the time on here and on the Skyscraper forum, i.e. the phased development drawing showing the capacity increase and the section drawing of the North Bank. It is amazing what you can dig up through web searches and the WCC planning website, which has documents relating to Molineux going back to the 80s.
I was also fortunate to be passed a lot of documentation relating to Morgan's development back at the time through a source and obsessed fan. Sadly, I can't reveal who shared the documents (feels like the transfer thread and I don't wanted be treated like an ITK!!!:)) as it would potentially compromise how they came to be in possession, but I am happy to share and post it helps shed knowledge on how the ground might have been and what possible developments may occur in the future.
I have always had a fascination for the ground and wrote to the Alan Cotterell Partnership back when SJH was developing the ground in the early 90's. I was invited to their office and was given a guided tour of the new NB before it opened. I was completing my degree at the time and was developing a proposal for a multi-use stadium on Horsesea Island near Portsmouth. It was a time when lots of clubs had plans (sadly for Portsmouth they never got off the drawing board).
As I said happy to share the many more images I have from the Morgan development.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No worries.
I posted many of the images and drawings circulating back at the time on here and on the Skyscraper forum, i.e. the phased development drawing showing the capacity increase and the section drawing of the North Bank. It is amazing what you can dig up through web searches and the WCC planning website, which has documents relating to Molineux going back to the 80s.
I was also fortunate to be passed a lot of documentation relating to Morgan's development back at the time through a source and obsessed fan. Sadly, I can't reveal who shared the documents (feels like the transfer thread and I don't wanted be treated like an ITK!!!:)) as it would potentially compromise how they came to be in possession, but I am happy to share and post it helps shed knowledge on how the ground might have been and what possible developments may occur in the future.
I have always had a fascination for the ground and wrote to the Alan Cotterell Partnership back when SJH was developing the ground in the early 90's. I was invited to their office and was given a guided tour of the new NB before it opened. I was completing my degree at the time and was developing a proposal for a multi-use stadium on Horsesea Island near Portsmouth. It was a time when lots of clubs had plans (sadly for Portsmouth they never got off the drawing board).
As I said happy to share the many more images I have from the Morgan development.
Your postings are really appreciated. Architecture is and was a pet interest and I dabbled with the idea of studying it, but my sensible head got the better of me! Hence my somewhat obsessive contributions to the countless Molineux threads!

The Morgan plans for Molineux were decent had they been fully realised, and not suffered from cost cutting on the finish. Unfortunately, like the John Ireland stand, I think the North Bank is doomed to remain the only part that’s finished.

Looking at the Morgan plans I do wonder if it would have been better had the architects gone for a less regular design, and instead made better use of the plot footprint - a nod to the classic Molineux, but of modern scale and design. I realise that this generally brings higher cost, but the new Brentford stadium is a good example of making the most of a limited plot and creating something distinctive.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always thought wolves should've done similar to Rangers and dug the pitch down maybe 3m and seated all those gaps around the pitch, would've eeked out maybe 2000 extra seats for minimal cost.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always thought wolves should've done similar to Rangers and dug the pitch down maybe 3m and seated all those gaps around the pitch, would've eeked out maybe 2000 extra seats for minimal cost.
Im sure there were issues with the water table at the time that couldn't be solved as to why this wasn't possible

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
Another Wolverhampton City Council “pie in the sky” idea.None of it will happen and will just gather dust along with the ”West side” development, and the “Summer Row” shopping centre. When they do attempt to do anything they make a mess of it for example The Civic Hall refurbishment. The work is taking years to complete, and should have been finished a couple of years ago..
If we are relying on our local council to be the catalyst to re build Molineux, forget it.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another Wolverhampton City Council “pie in the sky” idea.None of it will happen and will just gather dust along with the ”West side” development, and the “Summer Row” shopping centre. When they do attempt to do anything they make a mess of it for example The Civic Hall refurbishment. The work is taking years to complete, and should have been finished a couple of years ago..
If we are relying on our local council to be the catalyst to re build Molineux, forget it.
I used to live in a place called Chesham, about 25 miles out of London (near Tring)

Every time I go back there, I read the exciting plans for 2019 development of the shopping high street, emblazoned across the windows of disused shops.

Better to say nothing then to say something that doesn't happen

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I grew up in Heath Town, Clover Ley and Hobgate Road. Our family had their tables in HTWMC. I played football for them. My dad worked at Charles Snapes and my mom was a home help there. Loved the place. Don’t jump to conclusions.
Me and my Dad was members of HTWMC for years
My Dad used to go a couple of nights a week and sometimes at the weekend
I used to go every Sunday dinner time, happy days you know why

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So did anyone else witness all the scuffles in the Steve Bull upper this eve? Seemed that the police deployed pepper spray on fans who were getting restless at the half time beer queues.

Use of pepper spray in a packed and enclosed environment didn’t seem clever.
I was in J2 and never saw or heard anything

Back
Top Bottom