Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we sure this Argentinian would come straight into the first team?
Seems like he’d be a great signing, but could also be one that takes 12 months to settle in and acclimatise.

Reactions: Ned

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It would be fantastic if a domestic journalist with ties to the club could give us a transfer update...

Very strange to hear almost nothing
That’s how the club operates and always have under fosun if there are any links or leaks about the transfer it’ll be from the buying club

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like he’d be a great signing, but could also be one that takes 12 months to settle in and acclimatise.
I think he'd have to start and play if we signed him... if the intertest from Milan (and Benfica) is there then we'd have to say come to us and you'll play (and be on their bench) otherwise I'm not sure what leverage we'd have over those sides to convince him to come

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was to sign he would play.. With the other clubs linked we would have to give him some sort of guarantees regarding playing time..

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was to sign he would play.. With the other clubs linked we would have to give him some sort of guarantees regarding playing time..
I think he gets in the team, we dont have an 8 or similar player, if we are thinking revolution and lage changes formation, it would make sense.

Hes a talent

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s viewed as the best midfielder in Argentina right now, and even up there in the discussion as the best in South America at only 21 y/o, so can only presume he’d be coming to start. His metrics certainly back up those claims too:

E237F3DC-DF1A-4C0F-B6D1-F77D181FAEC5.png

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be fantastic if a domestic journalist with ties to the club could give us a transfer update...

Thats the problem,no journos have ties to the club since Fosun took over
The days of snippets from locals are long gone
Its guesswork and twitter whispers only now,has been for years really
Dont mind that at all, just dont take every rumour as gospel,we usually find out when the ink is dry

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hoping for some good news today. Fuming with the travel to work. Train strike means I w had to drive to Birmingham, so the fuel costs, congestion charge, parking and my satnav taking me down a bus gate means I'm basically working today for free. So if we could get a big breakthrough with a transfer it would really make up for it.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe, but the Falklands is still a big issue in Argentinian politics and culture.
We happily talk about Chinese-Western politics, as though that has had an impact on Fosun’s attitude towards backing Wolves, so why would Argentinian-U.K. politics not be a factor?
I am not saying it is, but it might be.
If we went on who Britain has upset over the years we wouldnt sign anyone lol

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Zabaleta, Veron, Di Maria and many more... It isn't an issue and sorry think you are overthinking this one.
We could collectively (one each at a time) name all the Argentinian players to have appeared in the premier league whilst we wait for our one to sign......

Might get in trouble but....

Heinze

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe, but the Falklands is still a big issue in Argentinian politics and culture.
We happily talk about Chinese-Western politics, as though that has had an impact on Fosun’s attitude towards backing Wolves, so why would Argentinian-U.K. politics not be a factor?
I am not saying it is, but it might be.

AGGGGGUUUUUEERRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder who else we're looking at in South America. It's definitely where the value is, and "thanks" to Brexit is now more accessable than ever.
How has Brexit made importing non-EU players any easier? Genuine question. I can only see that it has made importing EU players more difficult. Don't all imports now have to meet the points based rules, as opposed to the EU ones having freedom of movement? Is this one of those mythical Brexit benefits, rather than a reality?

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Local journalist don’t really get transfer scoops, as wolves won’t be telling them anything unless they want to

It’s always abroad where clubs are a bit more loose lipped etc

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thing is some want to believe all the media hype and bull

When 5 large media sources in South America are saying the same thing about enzo, there has to be something in it.

Sure not every link is true but there are some reputable people reporting it.

Things could change its a fluid situation after all.

We shall see what happens

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So to summarise..

Nunes is a maybe.
The kid from Argentina is a maybe.
And Palinha is going to Fulham, but still a maybe?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's become clear to most, Ruben Neves is now set to stay and sign a new contract with Wolves.
No club are willing to match his valuation this summer.
Could mean another quiet window for Wolves with 1 or 2 additions likely.

ya car keep saying that.It's ****ing defeatist.We needed new players even if Ruben stayed.I hope you are right that Ruben is staying even if it's ony this season.But he will be playing in a struggling team if we dow get reinforcements.There is money available as we were after Botman and Sanches,(Sanchez ) I'm january..OR Jeff Shi is a liar.:mad:

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Luckily the Portuguese love is because we fought off the Spanish on their behalf on a number of occasions (and their King who is a national hero married an English lady in the 15th century)!
TBH if any of them can remember any of that my guess is they are to old to play for us lol

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Luckily the Portuguese love is because we fought off the Spanish on their behalf on a number of occasions (and their King who is a national hero married an English lady in the 15th century)!
Not to mention Napolean and his French armies.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How has Brexit made importing non-EU players any easier? Genuine question. I can only see that it has made importing EU players more difficult. Don't all imports now have to meet the points based rules, as opposed to the EU ones having freedom of movement? Is this one of those mythical Brexit benefits, rather than a reality?

In a nutshell, appearances in Copa Libertadores are heavily weighted in the work permit requirements which have been rejigged since Brexit.

Apparently the signing of Mosquera wouldn't have happened pre Brexit either.

Last edited:

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not directly due to Brexit rules, but came in at same time.
It’s how the points-based work permit rules changed regarding ‘weightings’ of South American leagues, continental competition and internationals changed.

Brazil in particular had a bump to the quality of its league, so more like Denmark, Sweden, maybe Belgium as opposed to even lower.
But the copa Libertadores has now been put at the same level as the champions league, gaining a lot of eligibility points for work permits.
Like in Portugal, Brazil and Argentina have a lot of talented youngsters, the clubs can play them a lot to raise profile without affecting their success much.

I think they also changed how junior internationals were ranked.
Previously, a player had to be involved in something like 70% of senior internationals to be granted automatic WP status.
Which means you could easily sign the best players (who might indeed be crap) in a crap comparative backwater national team, but struggle with the 20-30th best in Argentina/Brazil.
Now the respective age group teams count, so a lot of under-23 players that are getting regular club minutes in either league or Libertadores are eligible when previously they were not.

I did read a lot on it when it came out, but don’t remember more specifics than that.
Signing EU players hasn’t actually become more difficult than signing South American players, it’s now the same, as the eligibility criteria is pretty much the same, whereas there was complete freedom for EU before. Probably easier to get in a libertadores squad than CL though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom