Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Right here goes, my first actual peice of ITK, 3rd hand but from some one who has got it from within the club.

I am not saying this particular earth shattering but here goes.

The club have been surprised at the lack of market for Neves. They don't know if its just timing or if its price, but the suspected bidders appear to be priotising other targets. There is also a suggestion that Neves himself is having second thoughts because he is settled here and is pretty much a guaranteed starter.

The view us its still 60/40 on him going, but it's no where near as certain as it once was.

I was told this today, and how they came by the information. I 100% believe information was the case last week.

Would love the guy to stay but had let go in my head thinking we had no option to improve without the revenue he would generate however if rumours are to be believed (!!!) and we could fund a top new midfielder (it seems it could be Nunes) by selling MGW, Adama, KJH and maybe Donck then I'm pleased!

The great Nuno did say dreaming is for free.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right here goes, my first actual peice of ITK, 3rd hand but from some one who has got it from within the club.

The club have been surprised at the lack of market for Neves. They don't know if its just timing or if its price, but the suspected bidders appear to be priotising other targets. There is also a suggestion that Neves himself is having second thoughts because he is settled here and is pretty much a guaranteed starter.

The view us its still 60/40 on him going, but it's no where near as certain as it once was.

I was told this today, and how they came by the information. I 100% believe information was the case last week.
Sorry, that post was far too reasoned and sensible for this thread. Maybe it belongs on the summer signings thread. No...wait a minute.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I can imagine that being true.
In fact it rather seemed the case of what happened last summer with him too.
Maybe it’s also why we are dragging out the decision on Moutinho and Palhinia?

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beer festival here today.

I heard that my daughter’s heifer is going to have a calf within 48 hours.

Nothing ITK I’m afraid.

Edit: it will probably end up in mid field

Last edited:

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love the guy to stay but had let go in my head thinking we had no option to improve without the revenue he would generate however if rumours are to be believed (!!!) and we could fund a top new midfielder (it seems it could be Nunes) by selling MGW, Adama, KJH and maybe Donck then I'm pleased!

The great Nuno did say dreaming is for free.
Absolutely this! What has happened to dreaming and just enjoying possibility?!!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I've said for a while his market is not as large as people on here think.

He is a good player not a top 4 calibre yet. Be good to see him in an attacking system but he is too safe as a ball progressor atm.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've said for a while his market is not as large as people on here think.

He is a good player not a top 4 calibre yet. Be good to see him in an attacking system but he is too safe as a ball progressor atm.
Given that Man City are supposed to be after Phillips, i am surprised they havent made an offer for Neves, better player.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given that Man City are supposed to be after Phillips, i am surprised they havent made an offer for Neves, better player.
Maybe it something to do with the way city play they need a pacy , very mobile defensive midfielder as at times it can be just him and the 2 cb’s holding the fort while everyone else bombs forward?

I think Neves is better than Phillips, I think he’s better than Rice too, but I can understand why city might choose Phillips.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe it something to do with the way city play they need a pacy , very mobile defensive midfielder as at times it can be just him and the 2 cb’s holding the fort while everyone else bombs forward?

I think Neves is better than Phillips, I think he’s better than Rice too, but I can understand why city might choose Phillips.
Good points, pity a few other dont try your approach!!!!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Not sure he is better tbh. Technically better? Sure but impact on the game think you can very much argue Phillips does more in a system that is extremely demanding on CMs vs ours

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure he is better tbh. Technically better? Sure but impact on the game think you can very much argue Phillips does more in a system that is extremely demanding on CMs vs ours
Phillips may be more mobile (he does run around quicker than Ruben) but does he get more goals and assists than Neves?

I watched the England match on Tuesday and was astounded at how poor Phillips actually was. He must’ve given away 10 needless free kicks and gave the ball away on countless occasions. I felt like I was watching Steve Sedgley all over again.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Phillips may be more mobile (he does run around quicker than Ruben) but does he get more goals and assists than Neves?

I watched the England match on Tuesday and was astounded at how poor Phillips actually was. He must’ve given away 10 needless free kicks and gave the ball away on countless occasions. I felt like I was watching Steve Sedgley all over again.
Neither particularly pull up any trees with open play goals or assists to be honest with you. Not exactly what that position is about

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think Neves is MUCH better than Rice and Phillips.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More rumours from the pub.....
Coady was pulled from playing for England, at Molineux, at Wolves request.
A bid of around £30M was accepted by Wolves for Coady, believed to be from Newcastle.

That would be awesome.

Fingers crossed it comes off.

Great character. Has a lot of personal attributes that you can't teach... But he's severely limited as a footballer and he's a major reason why the team (and formation) hasn't evolved.

I think if the link is genuine he goes to Newcastle, plays 10 games or until the January window opens, then struggles to get in the starting XI.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Concerning the radio silence on Adama, bloke down the pub he would ‘head west’ he slurred his speech a bit as a consequence WMP are to undertake digging up Jeff Shi’s freshly laid patio.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was the famous Rodney Marsh to Alf Ramsey comment.
It might be one of those stories that gets quoted all the time.

Anyway, this is probably what I heard:

Harry Redknapp: "I signed this Russian lad Pavlyuchenko, I said to him, you need to start playing better or I will pull you off at half-time." "He said, fantastic, in Russia we only get an orange at half-time."

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A bid of around £30M was accepted by Wolves for Coady, believed to be from Newcastle.
A chauefeur came to collect coady about 8.00 pm i couldnt let him through the waterloo road closure though, so directed him to the stan cullis car park.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard the pub rumour about Newcastle expecting to make a bid for Coady too a few weeks back, and Wolves would be prepared to listen.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anything above 20m we're robbing them, great bit of business if true!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Newcastle will have better options imo, would be brilliant deal for us for sure and good for him too as the money would be huge

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anything above 20m we're robbing them, great bit of business if true!
He is a current England international with proven premier league experience £20m is a steal!!!!

He has more caps than ben white and he cost bucket load more

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A chauefeur came to collect coady about 8.00 pm i couldnt let him through the waterloo road closure though, so directed him to the stan cullis car park.
Lol…why would Coady come to Molineux first? I doubt he need to nip to Asda… :tearsofjoy:

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lol…why would Coady come to Molineux first? I doubt he need to nip to Asda… :tearsofjoy:

A chauffeur came to collect coady from molineux at 8 pm on the night of england v hungary. The chauffeur wanted to get to the billy Wright to collect his client Conor coady, but as there is a road closure situated at Waterloo road I sent the chauffeur to the stan cullis car park to collect his client.
Hope you understand now.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A chauffeur came to collect coady from molineux at 8 pm on the night of england v hungary. The chauffeur wanted to get to the billy Wright to collect his client Conor coady, but as there is a road closure situated at Waterloo road I sent the chauffeur to the stan cullis car park to collect his client.
Hope you understand now.
Wasn’t Coady on the bench?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle will have better options imo, would be brilliant deal for us for sure and good for him too as the money would be huge

Newcastle wanted him and Kilman in January apparently. Was a strong rumour a few weeks back about that.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If England are at home, the drivers typically turn up during the first half of the final international games, then their luggage is all put into the individual cars so they are ready to go as soon as needed after full-time.

Useful to add the full context that anybody that's being driven home individually would've had a driver turn up during the first half.

Not saying anything about an alleged bid for him, but the driver thing is completely irrelevant to that either way.

:)

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hope you understand now.
Haha

What a load of *******s!! He was on the bench all night

Back
Top Bottom