Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The apostrophe in that neon sign is really naffing me off

Why? It depends on what the sign is intended to mean. As it’s a neon sign, I read it as though this is his club, eg. Podence’s (Club)

If it’s meant to be Podences in the plural, then yes, it’s wrong place or shouldn’t be there depending on the intent.

Anyway, it was good to see him and his friends enjoying the wedding celebration!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your earlier post in my opinion is a misrepresentation of the stats. It bothered me enough that I felt the need to check myself and disclose them on a broader scale.

Adama has actually played a total of 7196 minutes for Wolves in the league.

The all important factor in this comparison though is the minutes/goals ratio and or minutes/assists ratio

Premier League Only:

Traore: 123 apps for 7196 mins

7196/8 Goals————7196/13 Assists
899.5mins/Goal———553.5mins/Assist

Podence: 59 Apps for 3447 mins

3447/6 Goals————3447/6 Assists
574.5mins/Goal———574.5mins/Assist

And why not go a step further and factor in all other wolves appearances.

Traore: 154 Apps, 9121 mins, 11 goals and 18 assists

829.1 mins/goal——506.7 mins/assist

Podence: 68 Apps, 3964 mins,10 goals and 8 assists

396.4 mins/goal——495.5 mins/assist

So the stats do show that overall in actual fact, Podence has scored goals for Wolves at near on double the rate of Traore and assists are virtually level. So I’d argue he does have a much much better end product.
Stop using stats…. Adama fans don’t believe in stats, they only believe that fuzzy feeling that he gives them and the getting their ass off their seat is the only metric for a good premier league player

Hahaha

In seriousness, he has only had one good season in terms of contributions his entire career, while players like Alex Iwobi who is far better stats wise get destroyed in the footy community… makes no sense

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Folk on here would genuinely sell RAN and Podence? the delusion is next level
Would rather sell both of them than Neves any day of the week of it raises the funds for the rebuild.

Both are far easier to replace and can be done for similar or lesser fees.

You cannot replace what neves does in the same way at all.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Premier League

21/22
Podence 0.30 g+a per 90
Traore 0.07 g+a per 90

20/21
Podence 0.27 g+a per 90
Traore 0.14 g+a per 90

19/20
Podence 0.31 g+a per 90
Traore 0.45 g+a per 90

It's obvious. Last season pod was more than 3 times better, season before 2 times better and the season before that - in Traores best ever season - podence had 2/3 what traore did.

If we can get 19/20 traore back great but I don't think we will.
It could be argued that traore, although not as productive, creates space for other players as he is constantly double/ triple marked and therefore pulling away defenders. We as a team are not very good at exploiting that though and it would never show up in the underlying stats.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It could be argued that traore, although not as productive, creates space for other players as he is constantly double/ triple marked and therefore pulling away defenders. We as a team are not very good at exploiting that though and it would never show up in the underlying stats.
But we scored more goals last season when adama was in the squad but sat on the bench.

So from that we are more potent as a team without him.

He is very static without the ball and also when he does get it more often than not he stops the ball and waits for players to come to him meaning the others get time to drop back into a defensive shape/system making it less broken and disorganised leaving those spaces for the other wolves lads to use. So that two men marking leads to more space is a bit of a myth.

However! When he gets it and pegs it straight away, I completely agree with that point you made and we do look VERY dangerous and it is also when he creates his better chances for people.

He is the most frustrating player in the squad for me! He is a player who has ALL the tools to be a top quality player but is way to inconsistent in delivering a string of good performances. Like we know he has a cannon of a shot, but how often does it go way wide or he miss a simple chance? We know he can put in a good cross, but more often then not they are crap lofted passes with no pace that are bread and butter to a decent defender or keeper.

I am always asking why he isn’t delivering the performances and moments he should, we gave him the chance to prove himself in a weaker league with his boyhood club who have world class players and still couldn’t deliver a consistent output.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Trying to keep neves with the change more like. Strange co-incidence rumours of a new contract for him as soon as Bob arrived on the scene

I've heard Bob is very well respected behind the scenes. Brought a more modern stats based approach to garment cleaning and made some impressive marginal gains on grass stain removal.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Folk on here would genuinely sell RAN and Podence? the delusion is next level

Depends on the money and how it gets reinvested. They are two players we can cover for we have solid options to replace both already here. If we can get 50 to 60 million for the pair i think its a no brainer, especially if it lets us keep Neves. If we are looking at about 40 million i'm not sure i'd be bothering unless they want out.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with using the double/triple marking of him as a fact is that it’s a bit of a misnomer.

No team actual double or triple marks him because they don’t have to. What they do is get the 2/3 men to him asap after he gets the ball. They can do this because he predominantly takes the ball to his feet when he’s static, due to his lack of movement.

In theory, this could still produce ‘space’ for others - but that would require Adama to be able to pick/find the pass, which we know is his weakness. His interplay isn’t of the standard that exploits that particular aspect, his default is to try and beat those 2/3 men an **** a cross in (mainly a bit of scattergun fashion).
Nuno (and his coaching team) failed to get him to do any different, and so seemingly has Lage (and his coaching team). Maybe it is a coaching issue, maybe it’s Adama not being able to do anything other than what he does.

His stats are his stats, and do highlight his weaknesses and ineffectiveness - what his stats will never show is the bum out the seats excitement that one of his runs produces.

Johnny5

Reaction score
The problem with using the double/triple marking of him as a fact is that it’s a bit of a misnomer.

No team actual double or triple marks him because they don’t have to. What they do is get the 2/3 men to him asap after he gets the ball. They can do this because he predominantly takes the ball to his feet when he’s static, due to his lack of movement.

In theory, this could still produce ‘space’ for others - but that would require Adama to be able to pick/find the pass, which we know is his weakness. His interplay isn’t of the standard that exploits that particular aspect, his default is to try and beat those 2/3 men an **** a cross in (mainly a bit of scattergun fashion).
Nuno (and his coaching team) failed to get him to do any different, and so seemingly has Lage (and his coaching team). Maybe it is a coaching issue, maybe it’s Adama not being able to do anything other than what he does.

His stats are his stats, and do highlight his weaknesses and ineffectiveness - what his stats will never show is the bum out the seats excitement that one of his runs produces.
Bang on

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have never really understood the “sell to buy idea”……Unless, you have a very shrewd recruiting team/business team.

Yes, I can see how it can improve squad depth and perhaps the overall average ability but ultimately you can only start with 11 and barring unforeseen problems, they will play the bulk of the game.

What I am saying is, that if you sell your Rolls Royce and spend the money on 2 Citroens, then the only advantage you have gained is that you have 2 cars (of lesser quality) instead of 1, isn’t it? A year later, sell the Citroens and buy 4 Robin Reliants (some would say that is an upgrade lol) and you now have 4 cars instead of 1 but look how the quality has dropped.

This is why, as I stated at the beginning, unless you are extremely shrewd, this policy leads to a greater depth perhaps but the quality is slowly being watered down.

If you sell your prize assets, you still have to replace them with better, for the same cash, to make it work and I can’t think of many instances in the past, where a top player has been sold and an even better one brought in with the money (though there could be a lot I have forgotten admittedly, over the years).

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Good point, I was just trying to highlight stats don’t tell the whole story, he’s one of the best dribblers in the league on stats but also not very productive with it.

I’m not bothered if he stays or goes tbf, he had 3.5 years here and has never in reality pulled up many trees, I also like Podence but I’m not convinced on his injury record or attitude, if either went I wouldn’t be devastated.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've heard Bob is very well respected behind the scenes. Brought a more modern stats based approach to garment cleaning and made some impressive marginal gains on grass stain removal.
Is there a You Tube montage?

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t know how to post tweets or Facebook stuff but Romano saying we are struggling to agree personal terms with Nunes.

If you want the best, you have to pay, otherwise shop in a cheaper place.
I can’t see that on his twitter? The only times he’s mentioned Nunes was at the start of May in relation to Man City interest?

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know how to post tweets or Facebook stuff but Romano saying we are struggling to agree personal terms with Nunes.

If you want the best, you have to pay, otherwise shop in a cheaper place.
Someone somewhere had mentioned personal terms were already agreed

Moral of the story... don't believe everything on the Internet.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you get the real romano? Check the number of followers.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have never really understood the “sell to buy idea”……Unless, you have a very shrewd recruiting team/business team.

Yes, I can see how it can improve squad depth and perhaps the overall average ability but ultimately you can only start with 11 and barring unforeseen problems, they will play the bulk of the game.

What I am saying is, that if you sell your Rolls Royce and spend the money on 2 Citroens, then the only advantage you have gained is that you have 2 cars (of lesser quality) instead of 1, isn’t it? A year later, sell the Citroens and buy 4 Robin Reliants (some would say that is an upgrade lol) and you now have 4 cars instead of 1 but look how the quality has dropped.

This is why, as I stated at the beginning, unless you are extremely shrewd, this policy leads to a greater depth perhaps but the quality is slowly being watered down.

If you sell your prize assets, you still have to replace them with better, for the same cash, to make it work and I can’t think of many instances in the past, where a top player has been sold and an even better one brought in with the money (though there could be a lot I have forgotten admittedly, over the years).
I think the difference is that Citroens never turn into Rolls, no matter how well you maintain them. The sell to buy model is based on finding a player who is better than he is currently rated, or one who you can develop into better. The car analogy doesn't work.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's a good analogy, but instead of buying the actual car, it's more like buying a job lot of parts . You hope in time that you can assemble a better car than the one you sold. There are no guarantees. For every box of Rolls Royce parts there are more boxes of cunningly disguised skodas

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone somewhere had mentioned personal terms were already agreed

Moral of the story... don't believe everything on the Internet.
Didnt William Shakespeare say that; i am sure i have seen that quoted on the interweb!

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FVmqeJ_XoAEDTgb

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said this a while back, not sure the transfer fees are an issue, its the wage cap

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I guess the trick is to replace your worn in but still pristine Roller, with a couple of Citroen Relays who your mechanics can upgrade to camper vans and sell for huge profits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom