Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not surprised, he's going right to the top. Screams ability.

To think we passed him up. Could've sold Adama and brought him while still having millions to spare
Agree with first 3 sentences, only problem is your fourth just falls apart - due to the fact no-one actually wanted to buy him, except Levy for 3 bags of scratchings and a pork pie (not even Melton Mowbray).

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Loved Vitinha. Technically brilliant and the obvious long-term replacement for Moutinho. Unfortunate that he came into a side devoid of any momentum and on the few occasions Nuno did play him, more often than not, it wasn’t in his best position. His performance against Albion was the best individual performance of any of our players last year.

Real missed opportunity.

Last edited:

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we had spent 20 million on him last year the Mix would've had a meltdown,

He had one good game for us against the albion,

Fair play to him though but I don't see how many "saw his ability" based on a handful of appearances most of which were sub par performances.

Maybe it was Nunos fault for not playing him more regularly.
If you watched him in the Portugal U23s - he was undoubtedly class, in amongst a lot of others.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same here. It would be embarrassing for all concerned if he pulled on a Wolves shirt next season, and that wouldn’t be good for the team spirit.
Why would it be embarrassing for us? He’s the one that comes out of all this looking a bit of a lemon.
I’d be quite happy if he stayed but he needs to realise is not the golden boy anymore and knuckle down.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to him though but I don't see how many "saw his ability" based on a handful of appearances most of which were sub par performances.
In fairness, it’s hard to make an impression when he was apart of a dysfunctional team that season, given little to no chances despite Dendoncker & Moutinho both being awful for the most part, and in the little cameos he did get he was played out of position…

I watched every game for Portugal in the u21 Euros and he ran. the. show. & before you say anything about the quality of opposition, portugal played England in the group stage and Vitinha + Fabio Vieira made the likes of Conor Gallagher, Smith-Rowe, Curtis Jones, Eberiche Eze & the defence which included the likes of Guehi, Godfrey, Tanganga etc. all look like part timers

In honesty, I’ll always be bitter about this move as I really, really wanted him to succeed with us, and was very disappointed when we never exercised his buy option, but that’s football I guess

Last edited:

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing with Vitinha the fee was pretty much peanuts. Yet we deemed it not good value and essentially not worth it.

The same recruitment team spend almost exactly the same amount on a non-sensical deal to make Hwang permanent.

They also gave away Adama just so they could pretend they were mixing it with the big boys.

Sorry, but personally I have zero faith in these people, zero.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
watching portugal u21 you could see his talent, has had a great season for Porto he will continue going places l.

see him playing well in champs league for psg next season

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must admit that l'd assumed that it was Nuno's usual phased introduction and we would have seen much more of Vitihna, who l fully expected to be signed permanently, last season. Then they sacked Nuno.....
Sorry I can't see that... Even towards the end of the season when we didn't have a lot to play for he never trusted him... Also I can't actually remember Nuno playing him in the position he is now playing...

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry I can't see that... Even towards the end of the season when we didn't have a lot to play for he never trusted him... Also I can't actually remember Nuno playing him in the position he is now playing...
Where does he play? I haven’t seen him for Porto tbh.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing with Vitinha the fee was pretty much peanuts. Yet we deemed it not good value and essentially not worth it.

The same recruitment team spend almost exactly the same amount on a non-sensical deal to make Hwang permanent.

They also gave away Adama just so they could pretend they were mixing it with the big boys.

Sorry, but personally I have zero faith in these people, zero.
The Traore loan to Barca was a possible chance for Wolves to get something before he walks away free.
There weren’t many clubs after him.
It would have been stupid for Wolves not to at least try to get some money.

WR4Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Too many mistakes are being made and too much money is being wasted. We need a new recruitment team now!
My concern as well. Even if we do get players out & money to spend don’t trust the people in charge to invest it well enough & then where does that leave us?

We’ve been after a centre half for 4 years

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi and Sellars couldn't see his talent though. Clowns.
You sure about that?
Maybe they could see his worth but Nuno couldn’t. Or Jeff and Nuno did but Sellers didn’t. Or maybe Nuno and Sellers tried to convince Jeff to sign him……or maybe Vitinha was adamant about leaving Wolves.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved Vitinha. Technically brilliant and the obvious long-term replacement for Moutinho. Unfortunate that he came into a side devoid of any momentum and on the few occasions Nuno did play him, more often than not, it wasn’t in his best position. His performance against Albion was the best individual performance of any of our players last year.

Real missed opportunity.
Couldn't agree more. Real shame but players do get away l.

It's just frustrating that it's a CM player

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You sure about that?
Maybe they could see his worth but Nuno couldn’t. Or Jeff and Nuno did but Sellers didn’t. Or maybe Nuno and Sellers tried to convince Jeff to sign him……or maybe Vitinha was adamant about leaving Wolves.
No no. Its far better to blame people......

Those are the clowns...

D

Deleted member intdint

The club wanted to keep Vitinha but didnt want to risk 20m on a bit part player who had a poor season.

In hindsight its all well and good saying we should have signed him, calling Shi and Sellars clowns, but he could have had another poor season with us, and the same people would be calling Shi and Sellars clowns for wasting 20m on him.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. Real shame but players do get away l.

It's just frustrating that it's a CM player

Absolutely. It happens and if funds were tight last Summer, then I can almost understand why they didn’t want to bring in another very young player who needed a bit a time to adapt.

Just frustrating having seen him show glimpses of genuine brilliance at the end of the season and being arguably the stand-out player in that Under-21 tournament. Said last year when it looked like Neves may be leaving that my ideal midfield three would be Palhinha, Vitinha and Sanches, and that they could sort our midfield for the next 5-7 years.

Even more frustrating is spending a similar amount a few months later on a player who doesn’t have anywhere near the potential long-term upside as Vitinha.

Last edited:

wakeywolf

Reaction score
If we sign Nunes, I'll buy everyone a beer on the pre season tour to Benidorm. If we don't sign him, you all have to buy me a beer in Benidorm

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. It happens and if funds were tight last Summer, then I can almost understand why they didn’t want to bring in another very young player who needed a bit a time to adapt.

Just frustrating having seen him show glimpses of genuine brilliance at the end of the season and being arguably the stand-out player in that Under-21 tournament. Said last year when it looked like Neves may be leaving that my ideal midfield three would be Palhinha, Vitinha and Sanches, and that they could sort out midfield for the next 5-7 years.

Even more frustrating is spending a similar amount a few months later on a player who doesn’t have anywhere near the potential long-term upside as Vitinha.
Hwang has a completely different upside and not in a good way for the team.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well i must be as bad as our recruitment team,as i didnt see that much from Vitinha to pay £20 million for him either
One decent game and a few nice touches here and there
Obvious potential but nothing to really say "heres a player" at that time
We may have got it wrong it happens,but i cant say that i blame the club too much in this instance

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spanish journalist on Twitter claims ‘Wolves give up on João Palhinha for three reasons: competition from Fulham (Marco Silva steals his signing), the still unsold Rúben Neves and the offer they are preparing for Matheus Nunes (45+5M € , just what Sporting CP asks) . Palhinha is another signing that Atleti loses in Portugal.’

IOMWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More like shame nuno didn't play the lad.
WRT Vitinha, we played 3-4-3 with Neves and Moutinho in the midfield two; Vitinha was supposed to be a Moutinho type player so are we supposed to drop Moutinho for Vitinha? Instead we tried to play him in an attacking midfield or inside right position, ie out of position where he didn’t show up much.
In an ideal world we would have kept him to give cover and competition for Moutinho but we are not in that financial space.

dnf14

Reaction score
Spanish journalist on Twitter claims ‘Wolves give up on João Palhinha for three reasons: competition from Fulham (Marco Silva steals his signing), the still unsold Rúben Neves and the offer they are preparing for Matheus Nunes (45+5M € , just what Sporting CP asks) . Palhinha is another signing that Atleti loses in Portugal.’
Wolves give up on João Palhinha for three reasons: competition from Fulham (Marco Silva steals his signing), the still unsold Rúben Neves and the offer they are preparing for Matheus Nunes (45+5M € , just what Sporting CP asks) . Palhinha is another signing that Atleti loses in Portugal.
The future of Matheus Nunes is getting closer to continuing at Sporting CP. It has a market in the Premier and the interest of Everton, Newcastle and Wolves. It goes for 50M € (clause of 60), but no offers arrive. Wolves decided on Palhinha. The player is not convinced by the projects.
João Palhinha is closed by Wolves, 20+5M € . Marco Silva's Fulham was unable to deflect the player and Matic is unattainable, now they join the auction for Al Musrati from SC Braga, he will go for 18M € . Together with Ricardo Horta (20M € ) they will be the two big minho sales. Cash register.
Same guy, I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom