Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope. Its because in all likelihood our head coach does want him but in my opinion our tight owners wont stump up any cash unless we sell someone.

Romano, one of the most reliable journalists in football tweeted we wanted him on numerous occasions but it is looking more obvious to me that whilst our club dithers in the transfer market, other clubs are being decisive and proactive and we are not and as a result we are missing out on targets.

Of course I could be wrong but this is the strong feeling and impression I am getting of our club and it isnt good.
Jos!

Put the frustration aside for one minute. He's not a top top draw player, the 20 odd million illustrates that. Our Portuguese connection alone make far more desirable and that's not even considering that we are a far more attractive option than Fulham, we just are and you know it. If we really really want him and its us against Fulham we get him. He's not 'choosing' them over us in a million years

Coops

Reaction score
See, this is my exact problem with the fans.

It appears we're going to lose out on Palhinha to Fulham. It should normally set alarm bells ringing.

Instead, the narrative is already getting twisted. Did we really want him? Is he that good?

Romano, the E&S, many, many Portuguese outlets have told us we want him, so yes we do!!

It's just pure denial, failing to acknowledge we could've messed up and it's crazy.

Again, I'll reiterate it's an 'if' but should his move to Fulham materialise don't give us this BS, just accept we didn't move because we don't have the money now.
You’re taking a report saying someone’s put a bid ,that we expected to take place, in, and treating this news as if the world is going to fall in.

As if a Portugal international is only going to have one team chasing him?

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet according to Romano our club very much want him. The issue is they dont seem to want to sign anyone without selling.

At the moment he would get in our side alongside Neves as Moutinho needs to be used more sparingly next season and Dendoncker is er well.
Without selling we don't really need him as much. Its very simple. It's we don't lose neves we don't 'need' him in. We need more creative options in midfield to add to what we have not defensive ones.... Unless one does go

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jos!

Put the frustration aside for one minute. He's not a top top draw player, the 20 odd million illustrates that. Our Portuguese connection alone make far more desirable and that's not even considering that we are a far more attractive option than Fulham, we just are and you know it. If we really really want him and its us against Fulham we get him. He's not 'choosing' them over us in a million years
He’s 27 in a couple of weeks time and they're offering a five year deal that must be pretty enticing.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Generating immediate funds is fine but does it help towards their ffp and wage cap?
So flogging off half their retail gets them 250-300m. Think they need 600-700 to get out of the amount of debt whereby they don’t have to save/sell 4m for every 1 they spend.
So no, can’t see them splashing cash yet, might be just enough to register some of the frees.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I’m of the opinion that we’re trying to put together a midfield of Moutinho, Almeida, Nunes, Gibbs-White and Nico Gonzales on loan with an option.

Not sure where Dendoncket fits in though.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ultimately making a mere £2m profit on Adama, after he was touted as unplayable by the two top managers in England, would not at all reflect well on Jeff. And I am not optimistic we will even get that; I fully expect him to walk on a Bosman at the end of the season.
interesting that neither manager has made any attempt to sign him though.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
I'll be quite pleased if Palhinha, Paulinha, Palina, Paulino joins Fulham as I don't think I've seen a players name be misspelt in so many different ways before.
Post of the day mate. Working from home gives me the opportunity to flick through social media. My God, has it been meltdown central at times in here today.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Post of the day mate. Working from home gives me the opportunity to flick through social media. My God, has it been meltdown central at times in here today.
Ssssshhh, you’ll have all the builders, van drivers, road maintenance operatives and others in hi-viz vests taking the **** out of us in the morning.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Generating immediate funds is fine but does it help towards their ffp and wage cap?
Yes. Getting this money means they won’t record a loss for the year & La Liga shouldn’t be on their case as much. It also means their wage cap should go up as previously, they could only spend a 1/3 of what they would usually be able to as their expenses were exceeding their revenue.

Not an accountant so can’t speak for the figures 100% of course, but the talk is that they needed 500m to get out of the salary cap issues, with this supposed 600-700m it means they can do that, and have around 100m-200m to spend on players before selling.

It will also mean however, that they now aren’t desperate for cash anymore and can demand more for De Jong, making his sale potentially less likely than it was before.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
20 new pages since yesterday. Must be some exciting news? Somebody fill me in please.
What’s really happening here is that people are getting frustrated and losing confidence in our owners.

This has been coming and is what you get when

A. You’re perceived as not investing in the team

B. You have multiple instances of poor transfer windows.

C. You introduce non football ‘distractions’ that alienate our core fan base.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member (smith)

What’s really happening here is that people are getting frustrated and losing confidence in our owners.

Fosun only have themselves to blame. This has been building up on the back of 3 years worth of poor transfer windows and non football ‘distractions’ that alienate our core fan base.
Actually you could wait till the end of the transfer window to assess the squad and ‘the transfer windows and chastise the owners. You may be right but some of the ejaculations on this site may be premature and appear a tad impatient and juvenile. After 3 years of poor transfers we were tenth in premier league . There is an outside chance that the management of wolves may be better informed and more knowledgeable than the average idiot poster like me.

Last edited by a moderator:

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Actually you could wait till the end of the transfer window to assess the squad and ‘the transfer windows and chastise the owners. You may be right but some of the ejaculations on this site may be premature and appear a tad impatient and juvenile. After 3 years of poor transfers we were tenth in premier league . There is an outside chance that the management of wolves may be better informed and more knowledgeable that the average idiot poster like me.

I think you make a good point about waiting to see, but the thing is, our football was nearly unwatchable over the last few months of the season and people have waited until the end of transfer windows before…

Last edited:
D

Deleted member (smith)

I think you make a good point about waiting to see, but the thing is, people have waited until the end of transfer windows before…
True …but I see you are from the wrong side of the pond ( like me) and perhaps therefore can be disregarded? The really impatient ones don’t actually remember finishing second in 59/60 but believe we are a top 4 club by divine right…to be fair I only became a wolves supporter in 1963 and am not a season ticket holder or a legacy fan and never lived in Wolverhampton so clearly I know f all.

And I have no idea whether wolves are morons and should have already signed six players but my opinion is unimportant. In the end the proof will be in the pudding….

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually you could wait till the end of the transfer window to assess the squad and ‘the transfer windows and chastise the owners. You may be right but some of the ejaculations on this site may be premature and appear a tad impatient and juvenile. After 3 years of poor transfers we were tenth in premier league . There is an outside chance that the management of wolves may be better informed and more knowledgeable than the average idiot poster like me.

We were 10th mostly due to a very good first window after returning to the PL and our promotion year from the Championship.

When players like Neves and Moutinho leaves and if Raul continues to not being able to rediscover his form, will they be replaced with equally good players?

There's hope of course in that we replaced Patricio with Sa.

But there's also fear, that we'll not be able to adequately replace them especially if things drag on too long. And in that case we're in for trouble

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
It is also a bit strange that we are not looking at out of contract players, as there are plenty of those on the market?
Obviously they would want a hefty sign on fee, but still be much cheaper. As we are trying to sign Palinha, who soon will turn 27y, there is no real resale value on him in three years time, if we want to recoupe some cash before his contract expires.
It would obviously be a different situation then, if he turned out to be a worldclass performer in our system...

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I Wonder if Fosun are looking for a buyer.

Having been involved in sales of businesses you pull the reins in when it comes to investment, you do enough to keep ticking over in case nothing happens.

Not saying that's what's happening just wondering. It feels a little familiar.

It does seem like that from how the club is being run. The only odd thing is the continued investment in Wolves as a brand outside of football. If they were planning a sale in the short term then the investment in stuff around fashion and esports doesn't make sense as its not going to quickly add any significant value to the sale price.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does seem like that from how the club is being run. The only odd thing is the continued investment in Wolves as a brand outside of football. If they were planning a sale in the short term then the investment in stuff around fashion and esports doesn't make sense as its not going to quickly add any significant value to the sale price.
So it then doesn't seem they're looking to sell then. You countered your first view yourself :) :)

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So it then doesn't seem they're looking to sell then. You countered your first view yourself :) :)

Well, how the club is being run is different to how the Wolves brand is being run. Maybe they're still just looking for equity partners in the club whilst retaining overall ownership, and don't want to stump up any big money for players until that's done. All guesswork unless you're Jeff or Guo.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be surprised if we were going all in on Nunes without player agreeing first

On the other hand, since Mendes is involved maybe he’s using headlines to flush a big spender out eg Everton or Newcastle

Who knows? Not worth getting wound up about or abusive towards club owners. Let’s see what happens

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be surprised if we were going all in on Nunes without player agreeing first

On the other hand, since Mendes is involved maybe he’s using headlines to flush a big spender out eg Everton or Newcastle

Who knows? Not worth getting wound up about or abusive towards club owners. Let’s see what happens
I think I read, on a less reputable source, that Nunes wanted to come here

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So.....Nunes for Neves? I'd rather have Palhinha as well but with Moutinho staying, seems dece if it happens
Gathering steam this one! Midfield of Donk and Nunes with Moutinho rotating. Perhaps Palhinha was the Donk replacement if we could get silly money out of someone for him? Wasn't there rumours that Roma or Lazio were after him?
Neves to Barca for £50m plus Gonzalez on loan with an option?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is you have to remember this is all about the players’ careers as much as the clubs - so neves gets Barca, CL football and big pay rise; Nunes gets PL football, big pay rise and in shop window; Gonzalez (probably) gets to play for a year given our midfield, goes back stronger player

If any of it’s true of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom