Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Our Starting 11...

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Given this years transfer activity appears to completely revolve around Neves leaving (and that looks less and less likely by the hour), I am revising my previous suggestion to this.LINEUP111655323465107.png
I think that team will come comfortably mid-table. Does anyone disagree?

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given this years transfer activity appears to completely revolve around Neves leaving (and that looks less and less likely by the hour), I am revising my previous suggestion to this.View attachment 28376
Based on our end of season I think we’d be in trouble.

A big refresh please.

Bullyboy

Groupie
Reaction score
Given this years transfer activity appears to completely revolve around Neves leaving (and that looks less and less likely by the hour), I am revising my previous suggestion to this.View attachment 28376
I'd rather not see Hwang anywhere near the stadium let alone the bench but would be over the moon if Ruben was still a Wolf on the 1st day of the new season.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
Relegation written all over it

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Our starting 11 next season is anyone’s guess at the moment. A tad concerned at our lack of progress to say we supposedly have such a big summer rebuild to conclude.
Whereas other clubs have made progress we’ve done nothing and there’s no immediate sign of progressing anything.
Hopefully we see some movement soon but in the round I do feel we’ve a difficult 22/23 season ahead of us as things stand.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Kilman Coady Toti RAN
Moutinho Ronan MGW
Neto
Raul

At present, I can’t include Neves they will probably sell him on the final day of the window

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf a few of the ones above could be sold as well if an offer comes in.
I agree but we can only go on what we already have. Note - I’m annoyed with things atm. What must Lage be thinking another year of potentially the same players who’s value will decrease next season because of contracts being a year less?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think our current best 11 would be:

Sa
Boly Coady killman
Jonny Neves Moutinho RAN
MGW Jimenez Neto
Or:

Sa
Jonny Boly Killman RAN
Neves Moutinho
Podence MGW Neto
Jimenez

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless of who we sign - I don’t want to see 5 at the back any more.

If neves stays, I would seriously consider selling coady and investing in a cb that can play in a back 4.

Neves to take over as captain

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo, Gomes, Coady, Kilman, RAN
Nunes, Nico
Neto, Seferovic, MGW

We will get money for Adama and Barcelona will come in for Neves. That will fund Nunes and Seferovic, and Nico on loan. Player power will mean we stick to three at the back and Coady will stay.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think our current best 11 would be:

Sa
Boly Coady killman
Jonny Neves Moutinho RAN
MGW Jimenez Neto
Or:

Sa
Jonny Boly Killman RAN
Neves Moutinho
Podence MGW Neto
Jimenez
The team is the same as last two seasons, bar MGW. It’s stale and hasn’t managed more than a goal a game the past two seasons. Bruno couldn’t get them playing a more attacking game and reverted back to Nuno ball of 19/20. Bottom 6.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team is the same as last two seasons, bar MGW. It’s stale and hasn’t managed more than a goal a game the past two seasons. Bruno couldn’t get them playing a more attacking game and reverted back to Nuno ball of 19/20. Bottom 6.
That not strictly true, RAN and Killman have developed a lot and last season Jonny and Neto were injured for most of it. Hopefully mgw can come in as a proper player now and Jimenez can return to his best.

Anyway I think the idea of this thread is our best line up of current players. I do agree 2 or 3 new players is desirable, to make it less stale as you say..

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t playing 433 be a less risky way of evolving into a back 4?
Even with 3 fairly defensive minded midfielders. Could even just use Neves Moutinho Donk. But also in a 3 Cundle and Jordao might be viable options?

Sa
Jonny Boly Killman RAN
Donk Neves Moutinho
Podence Jimenez Neto

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t playing 433 be a less risky way of evolving into a back 4?
Even with 3 fairly defensive minded midfielders. Could even just use Neves Moutinho Donk. But also in a 3 Cundle and Jordao might be viable options?

Sa
Jonny Boly Killman RAN
Donk Neves Moutinho
Podence Jimenez Neto
May reach 35 goals with that lot .

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think 433 would be reasonably solid. I just don't see how we can play 'attractive' football with the players that we have. The only one with any real flair is Traore. We have to cut our coat accordingly, which I think is what Bruno and Nuno before him were forced to do.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think 433 would be reasonably solid. I just don't see how we can play 'attractive' football with the players that we have. The only one with any real flair is Traore. We have to cut our coat accordingly, which I think is what Bruno and Nuno before him were forced to do.
flair - podence, neto, raul, neves, id say all have more flair than adama.

Adama is great, at pace and speed and beating a man, but wouldnt call him a flair player.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wouldn't say Flair with Adama it's more brute force and direct.

Flair players for me is Podence and MGW.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sell MGW.

FabioSilva
Raul
Neto Moutinho Neves Chiq
Jonny*² Kilman Boly*¹ Semedo
Sa

*¹ Would like a new right sided CB
*² Jonny to play more inverted like you'll see from Man City Full backs. Being right footed on the left I can see him being good at that. Allow Neto more space on the left while giving support down the middle and get players in the box

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would regard MGW as a flair player but I don't think there is much chance that he is going to be with us next season, more's the pity as I would love to see him in our starting lineup.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Donk stays , I would use him as a defender.
Same here so much better in that position

Based on the current squad I’d choose

Sa
Dendoncker Coady Kilman
Jonny Neves Moutinho RAN
Neto Adama Podence

Gung-ho style to win

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same here so much better in that position

Based on the current squad I’d choose

Sa
Dendoncker Coady Kilman
Jonny Neves Moutinho RAN
Neto Adama Podence

Gung-ho style to win

Like your thinking but I still have faith that our best striker ( Jimenez) will rediscover his form/ confidence, also this has to be the season when Fabio is seriously challenging him for a starting place.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like your thinking but I still have faith that our best striker ( Jimenez) will rediscover his form/ confidence, also this has to be the season when Fabio is seriously challenging him for a starting place.
Raul isn’t the same he shows glimpses of what he’s capable of however the last few games of the season show how much he dropped off to be honest. I’d rather start Fabio. Adama will probably leave but I’d try something different

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Currently

Sa
Jonny kilman toti ait nouri
Neves moutinho
Podence Mgw raul Neto

Traore and dendoncker off the bench on 60 for podence and moutinho

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As it stands:

Sa
Dendoncker, Coady, Kilman
Semedo (Jonny), Neves, Moutinho, RAN
Traore, Raul, Neto

Wouldn't that lead to too many people outwide and not enough support for Raul.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 at the back for me and go for it . Sick of this boring possession based ****e . Just attack with the attitude you might score 3 but we will score 4 . we will lose games but come one we want to be entertained don't we . Everyone said Pullis stoke boring etc we are not far off that level of boredom IMO.

Anyone says what about Coady . Well the transfer window has 5 weeks left doesn't it . Think he has been a great servant to the club but we must move forward unless we start signing players to play in a back 3 with him .

Sa

Jonny Toti Killman Ran

Neves Mouts

MGW
Neto Raul Traore/Podence

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 at the back for me and go for it . Sick of this boring possession based ****e . Just attack with the attitude you might score 3 but we will score 4 . we will lose games but come one we want to be entertained don't we . Everyone said Pullis stoke boring etc we are not far off that level of boredom IMO.

Anyone says what about Coady . Well the transfer window has 5 weeks left doesn't it . Think he has been a great servant to the club but we must move forward unless we start signing players to play in a back 3 with him .

Sa

Jonny Toti Killman Ran

Neves Mouts

MGW
Neto Raul Traore/Podence
Smiffy - I actually like your line-up, I would prefer to watch this team than a defensive set-up with Coady at the back.

It will ship goals, and a lot depends on Raul rediscovering his touch at the other end, but much more entertaining.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if I had fifteen 'top trumps' cards with wolves players on and their abilities. I think we would be trumping most teams in the premier league. Not that football and its mosaic of dynamics is anything like a simple card game. What lets us down most is goal scoring and perhaps chances created. So priority number one for me is a goalscorer, fine tuning Fabio and getting a forward thinking creative midfielder to link with the attack. Could MGW help in this regard? I am just not sure and totally undecided. He is certainly worth a look at if we keep him although trading him in may be the better option especially if his head has been turned by greener pastures.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As it stands:

Sa
Dendoncker, Coady, Kilman
Semedo (Jonny), Neves, Moutinho, RAN
Traore, Raul, Neto
Not a bad line up Tring.

I disagree with Traore though. He just doesn’t want to be here so let him go.

It would be Podence to replace him for me. I remember our first game a couple of seasons ago against Sheff U away. Our front 3 of Pod, Raul and Neto were superb and we won 2-0. Pod set up Raul for a brilliant opening goal.

I’m hoping and praying for some quality additions before the season starts though!

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny Kilman Coady Toti RAN
Neves Moutinho
Podence Raul Neto

Subs
Who is our sub keeper??
Boly
Donk
Cundle
MGW
Hwang
Adama

Then maybe
Mosquera
Cundle
Jordao
And the other kids….

3 or 4 signings away from being great.
More departures and uncertainty looming
A few more blows away from being screwed

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got a horrible feeling our starting lineup will be the following come the start of the season:

Sarkic*

Johnny
RAN
Kilman
Coady
Boly

Moutinho
Dendoncker

Hwang
Neto
Raul

*The pessimist in me fears Sa will still be injured.

Back
Top Bottom