Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jamie Carragher

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a complete and utter ****** he is.

Calling fans morons for chanting' you dont know what your doing' at Southgate tonight. Lucky you dont ever have to pay
to watch a football game eh Carragher.

Would he have made the same comment if the game had been at his beloved Anfield tonight and the crowd had done the same?
I highly doubt. Absolute melt of the highest order. Look forward to his next game commentating at Molineux.

D

Deleted member intdint

I've never met Jamie Carragher, I don't think I ever want to, but from what people say, he's a bit of a....character!

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if there would have been the same fan reaction at Anfield?

Also, I wonder if the players would have turned in quite such a lackluster performance at one of the more ‘illustrious’ PL stadiums?

Can see a few of this England team being a little halfhearted in their attitude to having to play at Molineux in their summer season.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a complete and utter ****** he is.

Calling fans morons for chanting' you dont know what your doing' at Southgate tonight. Lucky you dont ever have to pay
to watch a football game eh Carragher.

Would he have made the same comment if the game had been at his beloved Anfield tonight and the crowd had done the same?
I highly doubt. Absolute melt of the highest order. Look forward to his next game commentating at Molineux.
The England team the last few games look disinterested. I feel Southgate has been let down by the players he's selected.

They are though, for the most part the same players who have finished 4th/3rd/2nd in their last three tournaments.

The Nations League will always be the third trophy - it's the League Cup of International football, so we're always gonna see some experimentation. It's the regulars who have looked nowhere near where they should be though.

Southgate has credit in the bank, let's hope we see a marked improvement in time for Qatar.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Also, I wonder if the players would have turned in quite such a lackluster performance at one of the more ‘illustrious’ PL stadiums?

Can see a few of this England team being a little halfhearted in their attitude to having to play at Molineux in their summer season.
Anfield will never host an England international. Liverpool isn’t in England.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always liked Carragher as a pundit and actually think out of him and Neville he is the better pundit. The problem is and more so of late he seems to be believing his own hype, the run in for the title race he just couldn't be impartial when it came to Liverpool (was a joke during the Merseyside derby) and has a real problem when someone questions his opinion on things...

Thought he would be better than just go for the fans as an easy target as quite clearly losing 4-0 at home to Hungary isn't good enough..

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Playing England in a (ahem) 'competition' will always motivate smaller footballing nations. Playing glorified friendlies in Wolverhampton (or anywhere else that isn't Wembley) in what should be a summer break in the World Cup year will most likely switch our guys off.

Not an excuse for being ****, the players should always have pride in pulling on that shirt no matter where or when but can't help think motivation was always going to be a tough one for Southgate.

Not sure Carragher comments are aimed at it being Wolverhampton specifically unless the theory is only Wolves fans went? I'd expect, like most England games, the majority were from all over.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool fans boo their own national anthem.

Wolves fans boo a disgraceful performance.

One are labelled morons. The other have their one song forced down the throat of the entire nation, whilst sycophantic pundits fawn over them.

Guess which ones which.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Shame on you AR !
Molineux not illustrious!!!
That statement cut me to the quick .

Hey Ho!
Wolves ONLY Wolves!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Carragher or anyone else in the media apparatus can laud the wonderful atmosphere at kick off, then complain when fans turn on the team after they serve up worst home result and performance in 96 years. That's passion - you can't have it both ways.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The vast majority of fans were from all over the country,there were Wolves fans obviously but not that many as i could see
I dont like booing and negative chanting but my god they deserved it last night
Fair play to Southgate taking it on the chin and taking responsibility with the selection
He has credit in the bank but the last 3 performances have knocked confidence for sure
As for Carragher hes entitled to his opinion but few take any notice of him anyway

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Carragher or anyone else in the media apparatus can laud the wonderful atmosphere at kick off, then complain when fans turn on the team after they serve up worst home result and performance in 96 years. That's passion - you can't have it both ways.

This, if you want passionate fans you have to accept that if you are a load of *******s they will tell you

bully9

Reaction score
The England team the last few games look disinterested. I feel Southgate has been let down by the players he's selected.

They are though, for the most part the same players who have finished 4th/3rd/2nd in their last three tournaments.

The Nations League will always be the third trophy - it's the League Cup of International football, so we're always gonna see some experimentation. It's the regulars who have looked nowhere near where they should be though.

Southgate has credit in the bank, let's hope we see a marked improvement in time for Qatar.
Is this a serious reply , in the last 2 tournaments we have had the easiest groups , it’s finally coming home how incompetent the man is.I haven’t got a answer who should take over , but my advice would be play your strongest team EVERY game if someone isn’t performing replace with someone who is .

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The vast majority of fans were from all over the country,there were Wolves fans obviously but not that many as i could see
I dont like booing and negative chanting but my god they deserved it last night
Fair play to Southgate taking it on the chin and taking responsibility with the selection
He has credit in the bank but the last 3 performances have knocked confidence for sure
As for Carragher hes entitled to his opinion but few take any notice of him anyway
I think there were a few thousand Wolves fans at least
When they played hi ho silver lining ten minutes before kick off “Wolverhampton” was very loud

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this a serious reply , in the last 2 tournaments we have had the easiest groups , it’s finally coming home how incompetent the man is.I haven’t got a answer who should take over , but my advice would be play your strongest team EVERY game if someone isn’t performing replace with someone who is .
I can't believe the hysteria over the performances in the nations league lol.

Yeah a drubbing by Hungary is pretty ****, but England do occasionally have their arses handed to them. I can remember getting pummelled by Denmark in a friendly under Sven, this feels remarkably similar.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah a drubbing by Hungary is pretty ****, but England do occasionally have their arses handed to them. I can remember getting pummelled by Denmark in a friendly under Sven, this feels remarkably similar.

It was the worst home defeat since the 1920’s, and England played so badly even the post match pundits couldn’t find a good word for their performance.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's the same Nations League that we made a bloody big song and dance over when doing pretty well last time around l assume... .

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was the worst home defeat since the 1920’s, and England played so badly even the post match pundits couldn’t find a good word for their performance.
It was awful. But it was awful in what is as close to a friendly as we are gonna get these days.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the same Nations League that we made a bloody big song and dance over when doing pretty well last time around l assume... .
I don't recall the dejection of the masses when we lost to Netherlands.

Most agreed it's a format which is more useful than friendlies. The Nations League has already found it's natural place as the third (or least) important competition.

When it mattered in WCQ, England beat Hungary home and away. 4 0 away iirc.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was awful. But it was awful in what is as close to a friendly as we are gonna get these days.

A friendly that thirty odd thousand people paid good money to watch. Afterwards, Southgate basically said that he experimented and it didn’t work. Ok, so perhaps he would personally refund the ticket price to those there by way of apology? He also said it was England’s attacking which left them open at the back, but we haven’t scored a goal from open play in the entire tournament. He’s done some good in bringing through a younger generation of players, but serious questions need to be asked after this shambles of a tournament.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t abide the Spitter!
I get into bad form as soon as I hear the scouse accent while he provides independent punditry on his beloved Liverpool!!

It’s a complete joke!

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take whatever he says with a pinch of salt. He's a wretch of a man and I don't think that is just an opinion but I do believe that he has proven that himself.
A half decent premier league defender, a hopeless impartial commentator and a mediocre pundit.
If he was levelling those comments at Wolves fans while presuming we would make up the majority of the fans in the stadium then he may find it a lot healthier to stay in the comfort of the Sky Sports Snooze Studios the next time the cameras come to our abode.

Spitting ****puffin.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A friendly that thirty odd thousand people paid good money to watch. Afterwards, Southgate basically said that he experimented and it didn’t work. Ok, so perhaps he would personally refund the ticket price to those there by way of apology? He also said it was England’s attacking which left them open at the back, but we haven’t scored a goal from open play in the entire tournament. He’s done some good in bringing through a younger generation of players, but serious questions need to be asked after this shambles of a tournament.
If you don't wanna watch meaningless football, don't attend NL games.

A big boy game at Wembley costs more than the NL Roadshow. The clue's in the price I guess.

Back
Top Bottom