Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finances is one thing, but I presume Ruddy, Marcal and Saiss leaving frees up some money...

Having 3 CDMs is hardly the biggest problem I the world either.
I doubt it frees up anything like Joao, Ruben & Palhinia’s wages. Plus why would you risk ending up with such an expensive player who might not play? It would be full pitchforks on here.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly random but transfer related, if we are selling to raise funds would you rather

A - Sell Neves

B - Keep Neves and sell RAN & MGW for probably roughly the same amount

Maybe we don't have the choice. Neves might want to leave, his age and contract it's the only time we'll get a good fee.

The guy deserves the chance to win things. He's been here much longer then we all thought.

RAN and MGW value can both increase and have years left on the deals.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's got its downsides absolutely e.g. cost, hecticness, but on the flip side you can get food from anywhere in the world, there are amazing pubs everywhere, excellent public transport links, gigs, museums, galleries, cultural landmarks, history etc. I've lived here for about 12 years and I still really like London
Not to mention meeting people from literally everywhere in the world.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good post. Do you think Donk would stay should se sign Palhinha, assuming he’s primarily there as cover for DM and CB?

I don't think Bruno would be upset to see him stay he is an experienced international going into his prime years and as you say offers versatility but I do think the club will look to move him on this summer if they can get a fee somewhere in the 15-25mil region due to squad management.

I think the club has to be careful with how it manages the squad they can't have too many players on high wages not getting game time in their prime as they will have a negative impact on the dressing room as they won't be happy and it will have a impact on their valuation. It is better to be succession planning with younger players who can step up to replace the starters once a big offer comes in which was the original plan for Dendoncker but it never happened.

I think the club will look to split the positions up into centre back, fullback, centre mid, wing & attacker and look to apply a sort of rule of 5 per section with 3 first team ready players backed up by two young lower salary but high potential players rather than have someone like Donk on a high wage as 4th choice as it gives you more depth and options with less upset about playing time and also more wages dedicated to get higher caliber starters as their two wages won't equal that 1 high wage.

For example based around Bruno's 442 (Won't count Coady due to this but I expect him to be on the bench during games we used this but start in games with a 5)

Centre back starter quality 3
NEW RCB, NEW LCB, Kilman(both) (Boly may be one of these)
Young high potential 2
Mosquera(RCB) & Toti(LCB)

- Fullback starter quality 3
Semedo(RB), Jonny(both), Ait-Nouri(LB)
- Young high potential 2
Hoever(RB) & Bueno/Giles(LB)

- Centre Midfield starter quality 3
NEW, NEW, Moutinho (Palhihna & Nunes?)
- Young high potential 2
NEW & Cundle (Possibly Nico or Almeida)

- Winger starter quality 3
Neto, Podence, NEW (Perhaps Rafa Silva or Guedes)
- Young high potential 2
MGW & Chiquinho (Pedrinho if MGW leaves)

- Attacker (CF & ST) starter quality 3
NEW ST, Jimenez(both), Hwang(CF) (Seferovic sounds most likely)
- Young high quality 2
NEW CF & Silva(ST) (Possibly Ramos or they ignore the rule here and move for Minamino due to the Japan link he offers)

I might be totally wrong but if they are trying to manage the wage cap whilst still trying to give Bruno the most competitive squad they can that is how I would go about doing it.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we don't have the choice. Neves might want to leave, his age and contract it's the only time we'll get a good fee.

The guy deserves the chance to win things. He's been here much longer then we all thought.

RAN and MGW value can both increase and have years left on the deals.

Maybe we don't it was just an attempt at a somewhat fun hypothetical whilst im bored

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Bruno would be upset to see him stay he is an experienced international going into his prime years and as you say offers versatility but I do think the club will look to move him on this summer if they can get a fee somewhere in the 15-25mil region due to squad management.

I think the club has to be careful with how it manages the squad they can't have too many players on high wages not getting game time in their prime as they will have a negative impact on the dressing room as they won't be happy and it will have a impact on their valuation. It is better to be succession planning with younger players who can step up to replace the starters once a big offer comes in which was the original plan for Dendoncker but it never happened.

I think the club will look to split the positions up into centre back, fullback, centre mid, wing & attacker and look to apply a sort of rule of 5 per section with 3 first team ready players backed up by two young lower salary but high potential players rather than have someone like Donk on a high wage as 4th choice as it gives you more depth and options with less upset about playing time and also more wages dedicated to get higher caliber starters as their two wages won't equal that 1 high wage.

For example based around Bruno's 442 (Won't count Coady due to this but I expect him to be on the bench during games we used this but start in games with a 5)

Young high potential 2

- Young high potential 2

- Young high potential 2

- Young high potential 2

- Young high quality 2
NEW CF & Silva(ST) (Possibly Ramos or they ignore the rule here and move for Minamino due to the Japan link he offers)

I might be totally wrong but if they are trying to manage the wage cap whilst still trying to give Bruno the most competitive squad they can that is how I would go about doing it.
If MGW stays id say hes a nailed on starter 80% of games. Up to podence to get him out of the team IMO

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why?……it hasn’t really started yet, what with the internationals winding down.
The only thing to do is chill.

My only concern is that Wolves get their first targets rather than their seconds.
Because when wolves say we have to sell neves to buy anyone we are going to get low balled with the threat that if we don’t sell he will leave on a free next years. If selling neves is key to the revamp what happens if it doesn’t happen?

I would tend to wait until end of window before judging but after Bruno has been vocal about getting heads in early, the loss of 4 senior player(5 maybe) and the general refresh needed if it comes down to selling neves we are ****ed !!

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If MGW stays id say hes a nailed on starter 80% of games. Up to podence to get him out of the team IMO

Would certainly be happy to see him move into a more important role for the club, was just trying to keep as many of the current players in the squad there than the need for a further signing but I do have the feeling Podence might be sold to give Morgan more game time as like Donk I can't see Podence being happy being 4th choice

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not suprised Hoever is going don't really think Lage was a big fan tbh... He clearly has potential but just hasn't kicked on here needs game time...

With Jonny being able to play left and right side means we can do with not having to sign another wing back but instead use one of the younger players as a back up..

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t say short we have Semedo, Jonny, Bolla, Lembiska

Yeah, with Giles too if we stick with wing-backs and Bueno. Jonny and Lembisika can (and have) played both sides.

It's one position where there's a lot of options for present and future.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Young high potential 2

- Young high potential 2

- Young high potential 2

- Young high potential 2

- Young high quality 2

Not disagreeing with the bulk of it but can't see them making 8 new additions unless significant outs take place.

More likely returning loan players will take up some of those spots. So the likes of Bolla, Sanderson, Giles, Jordao, MGW

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Issue we have with Bolla is he is already 22 meaning he has to be counted as 1 of the 17 where as Hoever is considered home-grown and that could cause an issue for us

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because when wolves say we have to sell neves to buy anyone we are going to get low balled with the threat that if we don’t sell he will leave on a free next years. If selling neves is key to the revamp what happens if it doesn’t happen?

I would tend to wait until end of window before judging but after Bruno has been vocal about getting heads in early, the loss of 4 senior player(5 maybe) and the general refresh needed if it comes down to selling neves we are ****ed !!
I could be wrong but I doubt anything you said there will happen.
Why would Jeff allow Wolves to be lowballed? No way will that happen.

We‘re in good hands.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not disagreeing with the bulk of it but can't see them making 8 new additions unless significant outs take place.

More likely returning loan players will take up some of those spots. So the likes of Bolla, Sanderson, Giles, Jordao, MGW

Yeah I was just using recent transfer links as examples as I don't know which of the younger players we have will be ready to step up this season

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Issue we have with Bolla is he is already 22 meaning he has to be counted as 1 of the 17 where as Hoever is considered home-grown and that could cause an issue for us

No issue there,

Goalkeepers: Jose Sa, John Ruddy (HG), Matija Sarkic (HG)

Defenders: Nelson Semedo, Conor Coady (HG), Max Kilman (HG), Willy Boly, Romain Saiss, Toti Gomes, Marcal, Jonny Castro Otto

Midfielders: Ruben Neves, Joao Moutinho, Leander Dendoncker, Meritan Shabani

Forwards: Raul Jimenez, Francisco Trincao, Daniel Podence, Hwang Hee-chan

Even if Jordao, comes back in we have at least 3 spots, without thinking about neves or trincao/traore

Senior under-21 players: Yerson Mosquera, Ki-Jana Hoever, Rayan Ait-Nouri, Luke Cundle (HG), Chiquinho, Pedro Neto, Fabio Silva

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One is proven in the PL. One isn't. The first one is not MGW. He surely is the one who has to win the shirt.

you think so, but i think MGW will get the shirt in preseason if he stays i really do. If he replicates his form, and from musings from lage about his love for him i would not be surprised.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No issue there,

Defenders: Nelson Semedo, Conor Coady (HG), Max Kilman (HG), Willy Boly, Romain Saiss, Toti Gomes, Marcal, Jonny Castro Otto

Even if Jordao, comes back in we have at least 3 spots, without thinking about neves or trincao/traore

Senior under-21 players: Yerson Mosquera, Ki-Jana Hoever, Rayan Ait-Nouri, Luke Cundle (HG), Chiquinho, Pedro Neto, Fabio Silva
Ruddy has gone and, as far as l know, Shabani has not.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's got its downsides absolutely e.g. cost, hecticness, but on the flip side you can get food from anywhere in the world, there are amazing pubs everywhere, excellent public transport links, gigs, museums, galleries, cultural landmarks, history etc. I've lived here for about 12 years and I still really like London
I lived in London for two years and absolutely loved it, only a change in personal circumstances made me move back to the Black Country. Like you I think the good vastly outweighed the bad.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
you think so, but i think MGW will get the shirt in preseason if he stays i really do. If he replicates his form, and from musings from lage about his love for him i would not be surprised.
If, and it is quite an if, he could replicate his form of most of last season (remembering that the PL is a major step up) then MGW would deserve the shirt.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence is one of the very few players I'd be looking at starting every week. Him and MGW together would offer some wonderful unpredictability

Agreed but that would be something like a 4 - 2 -2 - 2 with the way we play.

If we are 5 at the back cant see them playing togther.

Palinha could cover the 4 with a midfield next to him, podence and MGW in front with free roles, neto playing off raul

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Tension between Oz and China is at an all time high. Maybe the loan arrangement is dead in the water.
It's already been loaned 2x and it is a cash flow loan for wages nothing to do with transfer fees.

I know people think we are on the mind of Xi Jinping every waking moment but I reckon he isn't that concerned with us loaning 50 million off an Aussie bank, vast majority of western banks lend billions to China

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No issue there,

The squad is a year older Chiquinho & Neto both now occupy a spot in the 17 but I believe because Mosquera and RAN are 21 when the season starts they still count as under 21 for this season.

GK
Jose Sa, Matija Sarkic (HG)

Defenders
Nelson Semedo, Connor Coady (HG), Max Kilman (HG), Willy Boly, Jonny Otto, Toti Gomes, Ryan Giles (HG), Dion Sanderson (HG), Bendeguz Bolla

Midfielders
Ruben Neves, Joao Moutinho, Leander Dendoncker, Connor Ronan (HG), Bruno Jordao, Hayao Kawabe, Meritan Shabani

Wingers
Pedro Neto, Daniel Podence, Morgan Gibbs-White (HG), Adama Traore, Chiquinho

Strikers
Raul Jimenez, Hee-Chan Hwang, Patrick Cutrone,

Under 21 - Louie Moulden (HG), Yerson Mosquera, Ki-Jana Hoever (HG), Rayan Ait-Nouri, Luke Cundle (HG), Fabio Silva (HG)

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Young high potential 2

- Young high potential 2

- Young high potential 2

- Young high potential 2

- Young high quality 2

This is kind of how I see it, other than I think it will be one new CB.

It's worth pointing out too that plans will change even during the window, as it's not always clear who will be available and which of our players other clubs will make bids for.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is definitely potential in Hoever, but it just doesn't seem to be happening here at the moment for him. If we can get £5m+ I would snap there hands off. Still see Jonny as our best RWB imho anyway and with Semedo too, we're certainly well stocked.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I lived in London for two years and absolutely loved it, only a change in personal circumstances made me move back to the Black Country. Like you I think the good vastly outweighed the bad.
Especially if you've got **** loads of money. That essentially removes the vast majority of negatively

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The squad is a year older Chiquinho & Neto both now occupy a spot in the 17 but I believe because Mosquera and RAN are 21 when the season starts they still count as under 21 for this season.

It's based on calendar year. So anyone born after 1st January 2001 will not need to be registered, but anyone born before then will.

So yes, Mosquera and RAN both born after that date.

We don't have anyone that is 21 when the season starts, but 22 before 1st Jan 2023, but if we did, they would need to be registered as part of the (up to) 25 man squad.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
you make a good point but it depends on whether theyhave the cash needed to pay the fees. that will (at least in part) hit this year
Everything in football is done on tick, Liverpool still owe us a load from Jota, they can always take a loan out against future revenues.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Especially if you've got **** loads of money. That essentially removes the vast majority of negatively
I didn’t have a tonne of money, lived above a shop in Ealing but it was a great time. Might have helped being in my mid 20s, working in the city and being single at the time, it felt like the greatest place on earth.

I still go down a fair bit for work (in fact I’m in Belgravia tomorrow) and I still like the “buzz” it gives me. I’ve never understood the hate for London to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom