Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are racists all over the place but to suggest that everyone has a downer on Morgan because of the colour of his skin is way off.
Has anyone done that?

Bill S Preston's original post listed 4 potential reasons. I added another one in the whole local boy turned good.
Only one reason has caused trouble. Interestingly noone has pointed to the other 4 as complete fabrication.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why was Matt Murray loved soo much and rightfully so as he is also all of the above.
Probably because when given a chance he barely put a foot wrong.

My only criticism of Murray was his distribution. Too often he looked to play the long ball. Too often the long ball wasn't long enough and ended up with the opposition.

I'd like to think that was a coaching issue though and he was told to go long all the time. I was a GK, my kicking was terrible so I got really good as a QB GK, running to the edge of my box and throwing to teammates in space. I'm surprised more GK's don't do this.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs to be given the chance either way.
I don’t think he’s a as good as some believe as it’s a huge jump up, but who is to say he can’t be a very valuable squad member.
Totally agree Stu, voice of sanity from a Utd fan in Scotland, what next? :p :p

Only joking mate, hope to see you soon, don't leave it too late getting old.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone done that?

Bill S Preston's original post listed 4 potential reasons. I added another one in the whole local boy turned good.
Only one reason has caused trouble. Interestingly noone has pointed to the other 4 as complete fabrication.
Always the way. Any suggestion that there may be racist elements in any line of argument is met by a blanket defence / attack, "You are trying to say we are all racist!" That is not what anyone is saying. There may be many reasons for not liking a particular player - agreed. That does not mean that racism is not one of those reasons. Why get so defensive about just that? There have definitely been elements of racism in the attitudes expressed about players, like MGW and Adama, maybe even Hwang, on social media and on Matchdays. That does not mean you can't criticise these players without being racist, but we should always look at any criticism that just plays to racial stereotypes. Why pretend it is not there? Put the efforts into countering it rather than denying it.

Sorry Mutchy, just seen your post. Feel free to delete.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Gibbs-White has done alright but an awful lot of what he’s tried hasn’t worked. Not sure he’ll be allowed to be so wasteful in the premier league.

Some really poor players in the England team though, that Jones from Liverpool is garbage.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks head and shoulders above anyone else in the England side at this level tonight. Changed from being a forward to a deeper lying playmaker as the game wore on which is impressive in itself to do both roles so well.

Has gotten visibly frustrated with team mates not being on the same wave length though and been wound up by the opposition, noticed it a couple of times watching Sheff Utd on the TV last season too.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gibbs-White has done alright but an awful lot of what he’s tried hasn’t worked. Not sure he’ll be allowed to be so wasteful in the premier league.

Some really poor players in the England team though, that Jones from Liverpool is garbage.

Agreed on Jones, very poor

Re MGW - that’s his game though - high risk, bit like podence. Keeps driving, spinning, trying to make things happen. He’s still the one most liable to make something come off - just hope we have the front players to capitalise on what he offers

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Re MGW - that’s his game though - high risk, bit like podence. Keeps driving, spinning, trying to make things happen. He’s still the one most liable to make something come off - just hope we have the front players to capitalise on what he offers
I agree but in a team like ours which doesn’t create that much anyway, it’s important when we get in good positions we make it count. I really like Podence but others don’t for exactly what you say, they look at how many times he loses the ball or gives it away.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree but in a team like ours which doesn’t create that much anyway, it’s important when we get in good positions we make it count. I really like Podence but others don’t for exactly what you say, they look at how many times he loses the ball or gives it away.

I don’t care, we need creators

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Disagree with bits here. I think because we create so little, we need more players like MGW.

I agree though that there will be a contingent who will be probably more vocal about the games where things don't come off.

I'd much rather have players like MGW, Podence etc trying to do the right things & make us fun to watch and get it wrong here n there, over the dire stuff we've watched for the last couple years.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And the really annoying thing is they’ll sell him for 20 million.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jones thinks he's Gibbs white. That striker from Arsenal is useless too. Don't get the hype for that right back either. Think Aaron's is better personally.

James Garner has something about him but not sure he's ready to play premier league football

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That’s why I think he could work well with Silva.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs to be in a midfield 3 for us and given the chance to roam, find gaps and drive at teams

Yep

Sa
Semedo NEW Kilman Ait nouri
Palinha NEW
Neto Mgw podence
Silva / Raul

So much creativity - we just need those two new players to be some big ****ers with some bite to them

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palhinha, Xeka or Almedia
MGW Podence Neto
Henry

That would be a tasty and attacking threat

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
I thought it was a bit difficult to judge him last night as overall the team looked pretty average but the definite pluses were that he was always looking for the ball and trying to make things happen, even when 2-0 down his head didn't drop and he didn't go missing like some do in that situation, his passing was mostly good and also he never stopped running so his fitness levels must be very good.
I would love to see him given a chance this season even though I'm not 100% sure if he's Premier League quality but there's only 1 way to find out and even if he's not quite good enough I certainly don't think he would be a liability, and also some players will improve anyway playing alongside better quality team mates.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was a bit difficult to judge him last night as overall the team looked pretty average but the definite pluses were that he was always looking for the ball and trying to make things happen, even when 2-0 down his head didn't drop and he didn't go missing like some do in that situation, his passing was mostly good and also he never stopped running so his fitness levels must be very good.
I would love to see him given a chance this season even though I'm not 100% sure if he's Premier League quality but there's only 1 way to find out and even if he's not quite good enough I certainly don't think he would be a liability, and also some players will improve anyway playing alongside better quality team mates.

I thought it was remarkable how deep he kept dropping to chase back, recycle the ball and move up the pitch quickly. Admittedly premier league opponents will press higher but nonetheless he was at it until the 95th minute. He evidently cares a great deal these days

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is why I think MGW needs to be in our team next season, he tries things, they don't always come off but it's better than a player hiding or just passing sideways and backwards, we need more players with flair and guile, we have too many safe players

ballboy#2

Reaction score
Watching MGW at Sheff U and England youth levels I'm convinced his best, most effective position is as a second striker with license to roam. It's what Bruno had Joao Felix doing at Benfica so well but I fear the make up of our squad doesn't allow us to play that way. But maybe it's not about formations, more about confidence between a player and manager at a given moment in time.

D

Deleted member intdint

Gibbs-White should get a full season with us, with a lot first team exposure. This will be his coming of age season and perhaps entering his early peak.

He will be 23 by the end of next season, with one year left on his contract, so ideally the club need to be looking at tying him down to a 2 or 3 year extension.

I know other clubs have looked at him with serious interest, Arsenal, Palace, AC Milan and Leipzig have scouted him very recently, comments from scouts and analysts have been positive, playing in a 10 role or an 8. His contract situation will be interesting to those clubs and I think Morgan knows that.

I think its down to Morgan to ascertain how seriously he wants to take football, does he want to be a successful lower tier 1/higher tier 2 player, or does he want to be an elite player to go and win serious trophies, it's all in Morgans hands IMO.

The club have some wounds to help heal, a new contract would help in that regard, a commitment from the club should mean that the player commits and removes himself from whatever non-footballing situations he may or may not be involved in, and starts to fully focus on his career at Wolves.

Back
Top Bottom