Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I appreciate RAN may well be one of the next cabs off the rank to make a hefty profit on but I'd rather see him stay, ****ing love the kid.
If the club are confident jonny is back up to speed id take the potential 20m profit on RAN now and move on and give bueno an opportunity as well

MutchAdo

Reaction score
If the club are confident jonny is back up to speed id take the potential 20m profit on RAN now and move on and give bueno an opportunity as well
It's a strategy of course but I think RAN is going to be a superstar, potential to dwarf that £20m profit. Even then I wouldn't want to sell him, I just love seeing him play for us.

Timberrrr

Reaction score
You should maybe watch a game before judging a player. He is statistically one of the best defensive left backs around.
He looked anything but useless against Salah at Molineux for example
Go every week mate.you quote one game.watch him against Leeds when we were 2 up and see who they targeted and where there first goal came from.there you go I've quoted one game aswell

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think much of Seferovic but if we can get him for around £5m then we should.

Bring something different and knows what he's doing in terms of holding the ball up, winning free-kicks etc. and can sniff out a few goals (in teams that attack).

Despite the lack of goals a striker is not a priority for me, I still believe Jimenez can come good in an attacking team and want Silva to be give more chances. So, would only want to spend a small amount on a third choice.

Wolf_Words

Reaction score
We’d regret RAN for £40m in the same way as Jota for £45m, he’s looked good going forwards at LWB in our defensive side next to Saiss and Boly, put him in a better team with elite centre backs and he’d look much, much better.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN is hot and cold but getting better he is still very young. As many said I probably expect him to be sold next summer. Angers will be happy too

Houston Lobo

Reaction score

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if we keep Semedo and RAN for this season and keep the 343, keeps those 2 in the limelight and if we do play a bit more expansive it'd make their value go up. Obviously priority has to be keeping us at a good level in the table!

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sky sports latest neves view

'Barcelona have been priced out of Neves deal'​

Portuguese football expert Pedro Sepulveda:
"Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves is still a target for many cubs, but we know the price the club want is not easy to bring an official bid.
"If Neves leaves Wolves, the only club that I know was going to do a formal offer was Barcelona. But we know they have financial problems, and they can't make an offer for the price Wolves want.
"They only player I think Barcelona will make a bid for is Raphinha at Leeds. Wolves are looking for between €80m-€100m so they won't accept a bid in the region of €40-£50m. We'll have to see if there is any club in Europe who will meet that asking price.
"If Wolves do eventually negotiate a deal for the sale of Neves, I'm certain that Sporting Lisbon midfielder Joao Palhinha is the player lined up to replace him."

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky sports latest neves view

'Barcelona have been priced out of Neves deal'​

Portuguese football expert Pedro Sepulveda:
"Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves is still a target for many cubs, but we know the price the club want is not easy to bring an official bid.
"If Neves leaves Wolves, the only club that I know was going to do a formal offer was Barcelona. But we know they have financial problems, and they can't make an offer for the price Wolves want.
"They only player I think Barcelona will make a bid for is Raphinha at Leeds. Wolves are looking for between €80m-€100m so they won't accept a bid in the region of €40-£50m. We'll have to see if there is any club in Europe who will meet that asking price.
"If Wolves do eventually negotiate a deal for the sale of Neves, I'm certain that Sporting Lisbon midfielder Joao Palhinha is the player lined up to replace him."
Looks like it's going to be a long summer ffs

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me who rates Seferovic? He's an entirely midtable premier league striker....considering we have no depth up top, I'd be fine with it
I agree , I think he is what we need in a way....a player who fills the gap between Raul and Fabio......he is a physical box man who won't break the bank...he scores goals and is someone the manager will have specifically wanted......if Bruno wants him, bring him in...

I agree he is a lump , but we need a lump in the box....

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think much of Seferovic but if we can get him for around £5m then we should.

Bring something different and knows what he's doing in terms of holding the ball up, winning free-kicks etc. and can sniff out a few goals (in teams that attack).

Despite the lack of goals a striker is not a priority for me, I still believe Jimenez can come good in an attacking team and want Silva to be give more chances. So, would only want to spend a small amount on a third choice.
Ffs pay the 8 million. We just paid barca 5 million for a 1 season loanee that was tripe.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The alternative viewpoint is that we are holding out for top money for Neves....which is surely good.

Imo, we need to freshen up the team and I'd sell him. But it's not my money and I'd love to read he's agreed a new deal
It would be great if we were buying players in the meantime.

If our policy is sell to buy, which it clearly is, he needs to be gone quickly and the deal should've been lined up for some time.

This isn't the window to be waiting and hoping things happen because we need to do so much.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree , I think he is what we need in a way....a player who fills the gap between Raul and Fabio......he is a physical box man who won't break the bank...he scores goals and is someone the manager will have specifically wanted......if Bruno wants him, bring him in...

I agree he is a lump , but we need a lump in the box....
One lump or two vicar.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be great if we were buying players in the meantime.

If our policy is sell to buy, which it clearly is, he needs to be gone quickly and the deal should've been lined up for some time.

This isn't the window to be waiting and hoping things happen because we need to do so much.

So you are willing Wolves to accept £35-40 million to move Neves on?

Imagine you and many of us would then complain at the low fee Wolves accepted for him.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Imagine you and many of us would then complain at the low fee Wolves accepted for him.
Clearly not , but negotiations don’t start in June .

If we don’t get it done soon, for the right price , and it holds up other transfers - it doesn’t look good on sellars / wild / shi at all and their incompetence could yet again significantly impact a season

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm astonished at some people not rating RAN. The completely impartial, no axe to grind, no old-gold tinted specs, WhoScored ratings had him as our best player last season, ranking him 50th out of 303 players it gave a rating to.

For comparison Neves was 88th, Moutinho 162nd, Coady 190th, Donk and Hwang somewhere around 220 and Fabio Silva 303rd out of 303.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Didn’t say that.

As mentioned above, this should’ve been in the pipeline for some time.

But, okay, it might be tough. If that’s the case we should be in a position where we still buy knowing we’ll sell later on.

What happens if a suitable offer for Neves doesn’t arrive until Deadline Day?

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we don’t get it done soon, for the right price , and it holds up other transfers - it doesn’t look good on sellars / wild / shi at all and their incompetence could yet again significantly impact a season

What do you consider the right price?

What clubs do you know that will accept that price.

Mendes will have been assessing the market for him and Neves well before June, it's what top agents do.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You can't force someone to buy Neves....the fee we are asking is right......sellers will be nowt to do with it.....Jorge and Jeff will give the ok , if he thinks it's right ..they can't win with some.....

Barcelona was probably always a smokescreen I think, to bring the big premier league teams to the table...

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t say that.

As mentioned above, this should’ve been in the pipeline for some time.

But, okay, it might be tough. If that’s the case we should be in a position where we still buy knowing we’ll sell later on.

What happens if a suitable offer for Neves doesn’t arrive until Deadline Day?

You said he needs to be gone quickly, so a quick sale.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't force someone to buy Neves....the fee we are asking is right......sellers will be nowt to do with it.....Jorge and Jeff will give the ok , if he thinks it's right ..they can't win with some.....

You can win - just make well timed , good transfer decisions.

Like not loaning traore out without an obligation to buy without an incoming replacement .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom