Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Molineux

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I love the history of Molineux as much as anyone and remember the thrill coming through Stafford, past the Dunlop factory and finally seeing the John Ireland/Steve Bull stand high on the left.
But the thing that would excite me most now is seeing a new Molineux, because, to be honest, apart from the North Bank which is good enough, the stadium is nothing special at all. I wouldn't care where the new stadium is as long as it's done right.
It can't move, the life and soul of our club is on that ground, I'd hate it to be moved.
They need to put forward a way of making it work where it is or not at all. I'd sacrifice an increase in capacity for a full rebuild of 3 of the sides, starting with the Steve bull.

beppe7619

Reaction score
I noticed the rust and the discoloured glass on the Steve bull stand

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Wouldn't want to move but in terms of efficiency, building a new stadium I think is the only thing Fosun would go for.

£400M for a new stadium on a long term mortgage vs £100M in increments to move it to 40k,with loss of revenue at each step and various likely shorter term higher interest loans.

Longer term debt just much more manageable.

I really wish they'd stop us taking cash flow loans though, just lend it to us and we repay them interest free or even just at the baserate. We paid £5M in interest fees to banks last year, a top players wages

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A mate what's wrong with heath Town was our first maisonette when we got married my late wife and I. A lot off good people come from that part of town many wolves fans .so please don't knock it and didn't cavers sponsor us in.some form back in.the day .so let's be proud of our city whatever part it is .WOLVES AY WE.
Well said that man. One proud Wulfrunian right here.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I love the history of Molineux as much as anyone and remember the thrill coming through Stafford, past the Dunlop factory and finally seeing the John Ireland/Steve Bull stand high on the left.
But the thing that would excite me most now is seeing a new Molineux, because, to be honest, apart from the North Bank which is good enough, the stadium is nothing special at all. I wouldn't care where the new stadium is as long as it's done right.
You must have gone the long way round! Dunlop factory was in B'ham. Goodyear factory was on the Stafford Road.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
A mate what's wrong with heath Town was our first maisonette when we got married my late wife and I. A lot off good people come from that part of town many wolves fans .so please don't knock it and didn't cavers sponsor us in.some form back in.the day .so let's be proud of our city whatever part it is .WOLVES AY WE.
I grew up in Heath Town, Clover Ley and Hobgate Road. Our family had their tables in HTWMC. I played football for them. My dad worked at Charles Snapes and my mom was a home help there. Loved the place. Don’t jump to conclusions.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I noticed the rust and the discoloured glass on the Steve bull stand
I noticed at the end of season game v Norwich, the steps and railings down the side of the Steve Bull stand are in a poor condition.
Railings look not painted for years, dirty steps not cleaned or looked after too. Perhaps, the nine point SB redevelopment plan will address all that needs doing.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Steve Bull stand looked bloody awful. Could've done the drone from the Billy Wright side at least!
On the point about grounds/stands, a ManU STH in the pub I use was moaning the other day how the stands there (OT) leak in a number of places. What gives these days? Surely it's not become difficult to keep the weather out? On my walks I occasionally used to take shelter from sudden downpours and any old barn was good enough to keep me dry - a good job there wasn't a PL stand handy.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I noticed at the end of season game v Norwich, the steps and railings down the side of the Steve Bull stand are in a poor condition.
Railings look not painted for years, dirty steps not cleaned or looked after too. Perhaps, the nine point SB redevelopment plan will address all that needs doing.
Went to the clubshop yesterday to look at the England stuff. Had a walk around the ground afterwards and the other three sides are really deteriorating now. Even the bollards around the ground have paint peeling and rust setting in. It looks awful.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
Went to the clubshop yesterday to look at the England stuff. Had a walk around the ground afterwards and the other three sides are really deteriorating now. Even the bollards around the ground have paint peeling and rust setting in. It looks awful.
Yep, we were saying this months ago on another thread. The ground looks tired and dated, even the new NB is over 10 years old now. So we have 3 tired stands that need some tlc and the NB which makes the whole ground out of kilter.
And yes you would have thought with England playing here it would have been an excuse for a wash and brush up of the stadium but no.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, we were saying this months ago on another thread. The ground looks tired and dated, even the new NB is over 10 years old now. So we have 3 tired stands that need some tlc and the NB which makes the whole ground out of kilter.
And yes you would have thought with England playing here it would have been an excuse for a wash and brush up of the stadium but no.
Makes you wonder if a) they care, or b) somethings in the offing.

A lot of it is just basic maintenance, not something we shouldn’t have the budget for.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes you wonder if a) they care, or b) somethings in the offing.

A lot of it is just basic maintenance, not something we shouldn’t have the budget for.

If you were trying to sell the club, you’d surely look to clean and paint the place? When we sell a house, that’s what we do!

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How proud Sir Jack would be tonight !!!
Probably wishing that someone had given the Steve Bull Stand a bit of a wash!
Priorities, Priorities!! The fact that there's an England game being played at Molineux, is a mere diversion from far more important issues!!!

'Attention to detail' was Sir Jack's mantra!!!

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
It’s not just Molineux, general maintenance everywhere seems to be the last thing considered at the moment. From shopping centres, roads, theme parks etc lots of places seem to have laid off that person who does those small bits that make everything look nice.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not just Molineux, general maintenance everywhere seems to be the last thing considered at the moment. From shopping centres, roads, theme parks etc lots of places seem to have laid off that person who does those small bits that make everything look nice.
Just voted to send em home *cough*

But for real, these things cost alot and cheap labour isn't as readily available, so yeah...

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you were trying to sell the club, you’d surely look to clean and paint the place? When we sell a house, that’s what we do!
You don't wash the roof though.....

Some as usual are just too keen to have a pop where they can. Perhaps the FA need to add to their checklist of things to consider when nominating international home games away from Wembley.....

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Molineux is probably the nearest Premier League ground to St George’s Park, so it might become a regular venue for England games away from Wembley.
It’s also very central for fans everywhere wishing to see the international side
Couldn't agree more WWM.
Perhaps the FA could be persuaded to financially assist The Club, in revamping, and expanding the Molineux infrastructure, in order to provide facilities in line with International requirements?

They obviously carried out a thorough assessment of Molineux's pros and cons, prior to rubber stamping the venue.

The external traffic system, both private and corporate. Ease of travelling to Molineux. Central location for excellent supporter access.
A successful and robust traffic flow operation.
Excellent parking facilities, for coaches and private vehicles, within walking distance of the ground. Ample food and drink facilities.
A central location within the City, to enhance the experience.
A definite bonus from Wolves perspective, as far too many clubs have relocated to outside their city boundaries, miles from retail outlets etc.
The potential for Wolvo AND Molineux in connection with an international venue is boundless !!
Bring it on !!!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Molineux is probably the nearest Premier League ground to St George’s Park, so it might become a regular venue for England games away from Wembley.
It’s also very central for fans everywhere wishing to see the international side
But how often do they need to play away from Wembley? Not often.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're right tbf. I was wondering why they hadn't chosen Villa Park, which is a far superior ground, but it's out from Brum centre and although it's well served by trains getting 45k outsiders in would be trickier than Molineux. It'd be nice to think this would provide some impetus to redevelopment or at least cosmetic improvement... but it won't. I'm confident Fosun have no long-term interest in Wolves.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're right tbf. I was wondering why they hadn't chosen Villa Park, which is a far superior ground, but it's out from Brum centre and although it's well served by trains getting 45k outsiders in would be trickier than Molineux. It'd be nice to think this would provide some impetus to redevelopment or at least cosmetic improvement... but it won't. I'm confident Fosun have no long-term interest in Wolves.
They don't have a short term interest either.

Fen Wolf

Reaction score
So did anyone else witness all the scuffles in the Steve Bull upper this eve? Seemed that the police deployed pepper spray on fans who were getting restless at the half time beer queues.

Use of pepper spray in a packed and enclosed environment didn’t seem clever.

Darren M (Dazza)

Reaction score
Villa a superior ground ? have you been there it may be bigger. That’s it’s only advantage. Its awful for away fans and in a doss hole area. 10 times worse that reans. Take a look out side next time you arrive at Witton station.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reading this thread now.

Remember being at the league cup game at the Etihad a few years ago. Had rain dripping through the roof on top of us. Don't get that at Molineux, even in the SB Upper.

If only they had multi billionaire owners.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"You don't know what you're doing" ringing out across Molineux reminded me of old times. I hope Wolves have a good start to the season. We need some positive performances to get Molineux rocking in the right way.

T

TheConcourse

Villa a superior ground ? have you been there it may be bigger. That’s it’s only advantage. Its awful for away fans and in a doss hole area. 10 times worse that reans. Take a look out side next time you arrive at Witton station.
One of the worst grounds in the league. **** in a broom closet, tight concourse, no beer anywhere near the ground for away fans - ****.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure there’s some kind of curse on the place.

Can we get Barry Fry in to sort it.
Excellent reference to the great Friday Fry Up!

Really disappointed that England's awful performances will always be associated with Molineux. Cheers lads!

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So did anyone else witness all the scuffles in the Steve Bull upper this eve? Seemed that the police deployed pepper spray on fans who were getting restless at the half time beer queues.

I was in J10 and didn't see anything at half-time but it wouldn't have surprised me.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Police in excessive use of force shocker! "But they were jostling in the queue" said PC Plod... :rolleyes:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends on what you define “long term” means. I think they’ll be hear until the end of the decade depending on geo political issues

Back
Top Bottom