Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Anyone think we'll be linked with Andre Gomes of Everton? Been told to leave. Would he add to our squad depth and improve on what we have already? Just a thought as we were linked with him before he signed for Everton originally.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone think we'll be linked with Andre Gomes of Everton? Been told to leave. Would he add to our squad depth and improve on what we have already? Just a thought as we were linked with him before he signed for Everton originally.
We'll be linked with every Portuguese player and centre midfielder going.
Not a clue what's going to happen, always love the potential but as the window goes on most of our possible links go to a bigger club.
Where's Botman going now, linked with everyone!?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Everton, who flirted with relegation, don't want him my starting position has to be why should we.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I’m sure he in Barcelona on Wolves business. Surely top priority :)-.

To be fair, Ruben is now amongst his top 10 clients.

Other than Darwin Nunez, I don't think any of the others will be moving this summer.

So as strange as it seems, Neves is probably 2nd priority for the World's biggest agent!

With Traore/Trincao still to sort too, it stands a good chance he is there specifically relating to Wolves/Barca business.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just setting this out there. Loads of people predicted relegation after the "calamity" of the last summer transfer window; then, we were in contention for top 6/7, nowhere near relegation. So, perhaps we're a little OTT with the claims that things will be "disastrous" and our sell-to-buy policy is "outrageous" and FOSUN/Jeff/Sellars/Vinny are "****e."

I'm sure that we will have some new faces in the squad next year. Lots of things still need to fall into place as players move around and clubs solidify their top choices for incomings--seeing as we're a midlevel Premier League team, we have to wait to see what those clubs above us decide to do first (see Neves and Traore, for example). Let's see what will happen, huh?

Perhaps our players are better than we give them credit.

You don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6'2. With links to Palhinha too, maybe it hints that Bruno is after a more physical, combative central midfield (which perhaps suggests a switch to a back 4 too).
He wants more height in midfield definitely. It was something he mentioned on Ask Wolves. When asked about selections and substitutions he said that he has to be careful as otherwise he ends up with a bunch of dwarves who can’t defend corners very well.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have tried for him in January..(loan with option 10/12m).... again dont think he is brilliant, but would fit in with the rest of the Portuguese continent and be a body......if Everton want adama ...12/15m plus gomes..

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have tried for him in January..(loan with option 10/12m).... again dont think he is brilliant, but would fit in with the rest of the Portuguese continent and be a body......if Everton want adama ...12/15m plus gomes..

As a ball-carrying, forward-minded option in a 3, he's not bad at all.

Just would never want to see him in a 2.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes is a no no from me.

Had a serious injury at Everton, but when he played he seemed to run around doing nothing with the ball and without it. Doesn’t score and doesn’t create. A bit like Luiz at Villa.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a ball-carrying, forward-minded option in a 3, he's not bad at all.

Just would never want to see him in a 2.
No agree.....would add numbers...as I said he isn't brilliant, but would be available at a decent price ..that's all ....and would probably fit in....if we had endless money then No....but we haven't...

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's never realised his potential at Everton. As they've generally struggled they've looked to more defensive-minded midfielders (Doucoure, Allen).

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
He was good prior to his injury but my thinking is, if we don't have the money could he be a bargain would he increase our options more than what we had last year? I reckon he would cost under 10 mil no way is he worth more. Never know he might or could be our plan D or E.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was good prior to his injury but my thinking is, if we don't have the money could he be a bargain would he increase our options more than what we had last year? I reckon he would cost under 10 mil no way is he worth more. Never know he might or could be our plan D or E.
Agree...I put him similar to Oliveira..in that it's someone for a reasonable price who could bulk the squad u a bit...the plan c type signing if Neves didn't go...

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No agree.....would add numbers...as I said he isn't brilliant, but would be available at a decent price ..that's all ....and would probably fit in....if we had endless money then No....but we haven't...

The other issue being Everton's stupidity means he's currently on about £112k per week.

He will probably just want to sit out the next 2 years of his contract, whether he's playing or not!!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The other issue being Everton's stupidity means he's currently on about £112k per week.

He will probably just want to sit out the next 2 years of his contract, whether he's playing or not!!
I had wondered about wages... Folk on here bleat about giving Mouts another year on £100k/week. No way on God's earth could this bloke become our highest earner....

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If Neves doesn't leave, which isn't guaranteed at that price ... moutinho signs ....I can see us just doing a loan myself for Nico Gonzalez or Puig.....unless we looked to move donk on for palhinha..

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neves doesn't leave, which isn't guaranteed at that price ... moutinho signs ....I can see us just doing a loan myself for Nico Gonzalez or Puig.....unless we looked to move donk on for palhinha..
Much as l want Ruben to stay that, hopefully completely wrong, vision of the future is uninspiring to put it politely....

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes? Absolutely not.
What are people thinking?
The day before the window opens and we're happy to sign a mediocre player om a whopping salary? One who's had a bad injury? Just to make up the numbers?
Go on Big Jeff, you know it makes sense.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cant see much happening until the Nation League games are over in reality (next Wed earliest).

What's that got to do with anything....Jorge to Ruben via mobile..Hello Ruben. Barca drinking the lager have just informed me they want to offer ya 50k a wi k to sign for them on a years contract...Ok Jorge tell em to **** off I'll stay at my beloved wolves.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

let's get a plan B first.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much as l want Ruben to stay that, hopefully completely wrong, vision of the future is uninspiring to put it politely....
Our wage bill is currently 70/75% of our income....the current midfield we have is probably up to the max wages wise we can have .....could lose a defender or forward for a extra midfielder or lose moutinho wage and get 2 but realistically 300/350k a week on midfield is probably our max amount....we wan a give Gibbs s new contract.....unless we lose some we won't strengthen massively..

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Gomes? Absolutely not.
The day before the window opens and we're happy to sign a mediocre player om a whopping salary? One who's had a bad injury? Just to make up the numbers?
It was simply asking what people thought, your jumping the gun there a bit, I honestly don't think we will have a budget to sign the players we have been linked with but hope to proven wrong. He is mediocre but if it came to it I'd be accepting to adding numbers to the bench to give us squad depth. Again all this depends on who's going and for what price?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was simply asking what people thought, your jumping the gun there a bit, I honestly don't think we will have a budget to sign the players we have been linked with but hope to proven wrong. He is mediocre but if it came to it I'd be accepting to adding numbers to the bench to give us squad depth. Again all this depends on who's going and for what price?
The Jizz/MM approach - never mind the quality feel the width - hell no!

Johnny5

Reaction score
I agree regarding the centre back we really need some higher quality there and it needs to be a high priority position this summer, it doesn't matter the order we get them through the door though as long as they get them in.

I don't think we will move away from the back 5 though. Personally think Thelwell decided on the philosophy of the club including the academy being centred around a 343 formation back in the day to avoid us ever signing players who then don't fit the next managers tactics should we change manager along with it being easier for the academy to then adjust to the first team. I think Nuno and Lage both then had to implement their tactics with in that formation and as a result we have only seen a move to a back 4 a small handful of times mid-game rather than from the off. We just require the manager to make it an attacking 343 rather than the defensive 523 we have been accustom to seeing under both Nuno and Lage so far.
I’m sure I recall Thelwell talking about 433 and variations of. Could be wrong as I quite often am.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We might not even announce anyone until the start of July when they officially become our player….

Could make for an interesting few weeks on here…

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes? Absolutely not.

Agree. He would be a very poor signing. He looked shot last season.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So de jong from barca to united is starting to heat up, if barca get soler, i dont think neves has a suitor?

Arsenal consistently linked with him.

Gavi has a 50 million euros release clause in his contract. Following good performances for Spain, rumour has it that he wants a better deal. Just putting this out there...

All good agreeing terms with the club, only problem is selling it to the player...

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A relegation battle would be something new!
Depends how long you have been going. I missed the 1930s but seen every post war relegation. Its a battle we rarely win
Missing the 1930s wouldn't have involved missing a relegation anyway. Prior to 1965, Wolves had only been relegated twice: from the top division in 1906, and from the second tier in 1923.

There are plenty of 'legacy fans' who remember most of Wolves's relegations, as we've done nine since the early 1960s (six of them relegations from the top flight). I'm 56, and I remember eight of those nine. Personally speaking, I really don't want another experience of being relegated, but it seems that Fosun are likely to deliver one sooner or later with their apparent fantasy that it's possible to survive in the EPL with zero investment.

EDiT: Most Wolves fans have a lot of experience/knowledge of the factors involved in getting relegated. Jeff Shi, on the other hand, has none.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom