Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

New Shirt Sponsor/Reveal

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How does a few kids playing Fortnite whilst being watched to a couple of thousand people possibly grow the brand and bring us the millions of pounds needed to compete in the league?

Probably no figures yet because it’s an emerging market - nonetheless sponsors want it because of young and impressionable market

Oh, and there’s 350million registered users of Fortnite

So on balance, good to be involved and capitalising rather than not

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably no figures yet because it’s an emerging market - nonetheless sponsors want it because of young and impressionable market

Oh, and there’s 350million registered users of Fortnite

So on balance, good to be involved and capitalising rather than not

So after 2 years we STILL can’t put a figure on it?

350 million users you say? Isn’t the global audience of the Premier League 3 billion?

I was 7 when I became a wolves fan. I imagine many people on this forum were of a similar age. You pick a team as a kid and you stick with it. I struggle to believe people are going to start chucking money our way because someone is playing Fortnite whilst wearing a Wolves shirt.

I hope I’m wrong though.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t know - maybe wolves can but don’t shout about it. But Fosun aren’t stupid
350 million users you say? Isn’t the global audience of the Premier League 3 billion?

Yeah and look what it costs to run a club in that league, compared to a virtual game being played online

Whether you or I like it or not, it makes business sense - otherwise Fosun wouldn’t waste their time

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very soon (if not now) Crypto will be a very good buy.

I got hammered with the recent LUNA collapse - annihilated.

The market is on its **** but that's when it's a good time to buy.

£3.5k will buy you 0.1 of a bitcoin.
If you're prepared to hold it and not panic if it goes lower then it could benefit you massively in the future (not financial advice).

There's 2 ways of looking at crypto. The fiat (£) value, and sats (value of partial bitcoins - also alt coins against bitcoin).
You can stack more sat value by trading ALTs to increase your bitcoin holding.

Bitcoin is the daddy. It's as safe as it can possibly be in crypto land.

The whole scene is ridiculously volatile and I refuse to use leverage (a type of gambling on the market) because im taking a risk being in crypto in the first place. Leverage is a level beyond my appetite for risk.

I started in Jan/Feb 2021 and by April I'd more than doubled my investment. Following market manipulations and the recent crashes my initial investment is worth just 20% of what it was at peak (or a twelfth to be more accurate).

It may go down further, but its widely acknowledged that it will go much, much higher. It just might be a much longer game than initially expected.

Some were predicting £1m/bitcoin by the end of 2021, which never materialised.

Just to reiterate, it's not financial advice. It's risky as ****.

Just to clear up something in my original message, as I can't amend posts being in perma moderation.

My investment is currently worth 20% of my initial stake.

Which is a twelfth of what it reached at peak.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Just to clear up something in my original message, as I can't amend posts being in perma moderation.

My investment is currently worth 20% of my initial stake.

Which is a twelfth of what it reached at peak.
Mine is too, I have full confidence it will rise again, most of mine is solana.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just happy it's not Betting or Crypto bull****.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's a list of how many players, gaming is absolutely massive.

Point 5 of the above article.

5. China is the country with the largest video games market globally.​

We shouldn't be surprised Fosun take eSports seriously.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Much prefer the good old days prior to this online gaming stuff.

Life was so simple, jump off the St Eddie's school bus in Heath Town and rush straight to the chippie, where there was already a crowd watching one lad rack up 2,100 points on the first screen of Space Invaders desperately wanting him to be blown up whilst you gripped your solitary 10p in your sweaty hand waiting for your turn to entertain the crowd.

eSports when it was in it's prime!!

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much prefer the good old days prior to this online gaming stuff.

Life was so simple, jump off the St Eddie's school bus in Heath Town and rush straight to the chippie, where there was already a crowd watching one lad rack up 2,100 points on the first screen of Space Invaders desperately wanting him to be blown up whilst you gripped your solitary 10p in your sweaty hand waiting for your turn to entertain the crowd.

eSports when it was in it's prime!!
I remember walking home from school & annoying the neighbours by playing football in the street. No jumpers for goalposts, just chalk marks on the wall.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think it might be more accurate to have the emphasis like this: So after 2 years WE still can't put a figure on it.

But if you think about the average viewing figures for a PL game, it's what, about 1million unless it's a big game? There are youtube videos of animals sneezing with ten times that.

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How does a few kids playing Fortnite whilst being watched to a couple of thousand people possibly grow the brand and bring us the millions of pounds needed to compete in the league?

This piece from last year when Fosun Sports was incorporated should give you a basic outline of what the goal is, in the short term it won't really help the football club at all - could even hurt it with resources diverted to other projects under the Fosun Sports umbrella.

BTW, it's not a few kids playing Fortnite, Evil Geniuses recently participated in a League of Legends tournament called MSI and the peak audience was over 2 million for that event, most viewers resided in South Korea and China. Evil Geniuses for every match were donning the following jersey;

EGXW_V-Neck_Jersey_Mockup_Front_750x.png

Personally I would have preferred Fosun to focus solely on us for a while and getting us playing attractive football to build the brand, instead they've gone down this path which makes sense with Asia being the focus market.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it might be more accurate to have the emphasis like this: So after 2 years WE still can't put a figure on it.

But if you think about the average viewing figures for a PL game, it's what, about 1million unless it's a big game? There are youtube videos of animals sneezing with ten times that.

To be fair I'd rather watch an animal sleeping soundly for 90 mins on the internet, than some of the tripe we've had over the last 2 years.

A hippo farting or a cat sneezing sounds like prime entertainment by comparison

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This piece from last year when Fosun Sports was incorporated should give you a basic outline of what the goal is, in the short term it won't really help the football club at all - could even hurt it with resources diverted to other projects under the Fosun Sports umbrella.

BTW, it's not a few kids playing Fortnite, Evil Geniuses recently participated in a League of Legends tournament called MSI and the peak audience was over 2 million for that event, most viewers resided in South Korea and China. Evil Geniuses for every match were donning the following jersey;

EGXW_V-Neck_Jersey_Mockup_Front_750x.png

Personally I would have preferred Fosun to focus solely on us for a while and getting us playing attractive football to build the brand, instead they've gone down this path which makes sense with Asia being the focus market.
That's a half decent away shirt or training top tbf.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New first team kit should be officially unveiled tomorrow.

I wonder if castore will mention it - I notice they cream themselves about rangers and Newcastle. Probably villa too

I think we peed them off with the better deal wolves did

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
I wonder if castore will mention it - I notice they cream themselves about rangers and Newcastle. Probably villa too

I think we peed them off with the better deal wolves did
Thing is, they only supply our technical teamwear. They won’t gain much revenue from our replica sales (maybe a small % licensing fee), so commercially they won’t put much effort into promoting our kit.

Back
Top Bottom