Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did but we announced it in January. Leeds have signed two players so far and both have signed their contracts. It is a myth that the window isnt open. Not saying there have been loads of signings but the date for the opening of the window seemingly has no bearing on clubs being able to announce new signings and players signing the contract.
Always good to read the words and not just look at the pics mate

Second signing of the summer confirmed.
Leeds United are pleased to announce an agreement has been reached with Red Bull Salzburg for the signing of Rasmus Kristensen, which will be completed on July 1st 2022.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly, so what you're unhappy about wolves not doing, is something wolves have actually done.

You misunderstand me mate. I was saying that the window not being open this summer in no way should effect a club signing a player before the window officially opens as Leeds, Villa etc have done. The Hwang deal was done months ago so not really a signing that has been done in recent weeks as Leeds, Villa, Spurs etc have done

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is what I am trying to get at. Players can sign contracts and be announced as has been proven today. The window not being open, officially, in no way should effect your ability to announce a signing or get a player to sign a contract at this stage as has been proven today.
Apologies for not using the word "officially".

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Leeds United are pleased to announce an agreement has been reached with Red Bull Salzburg for the signing of Rasmus Kristensen, which will be completed on July 1st 2022.

As i posted.... :p

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You misunderstand me mate. I was saying that the window not being open this summer in no way should effect a club signing a player before the window officially opens as Leeds, Villa etc have done. The Hwang deal was done months ago so not really a signing that has been done in recent weeks as Leeds, Villa, Spurs etc have done
I have to ask JOS ... why are you so wrapped up , every window, in what other teams do ?

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
I can understand Jos being concerned.

The past few windows have seemed to follow the same phases:

Begins with talk from the club of needing to get early signings wanting them in place at the beginning of pre-season training.

When the early signings don’t materialise a lot of rationalisation about there being plenty of time left in the window and better deals to be had at the end of the window.

Last few windows ending with Deadline day disappointment and a feeling of opportunity missed with a couple of supposed last minute failed bids.

I hope this window is better but can fully understand Jos frustration and maybe A couple of decent signings early in the window will help to settle things down a bit.

Ultimately though nothing we can do unfortunately to change or influence events so I try not to get too despondent.

What I don’t understand is how open we seem to be about selling before you buy. Surely other clubs must be in a similar position to us but there doesn’t seem to be so much talk about not having money to buy new players and just seem to more discreetly go about buying a selling players.

It strikes me that with everybody seemingly knowing about our sustainable approach that we are in danger of being at the wrong end of negotiations when it comes to clubs looking for bargains towards the end of the window believing that we have to sell and so will do so at a reduced price.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Cheers for that info Leominster.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TBF I'd be classed as a blinded happy clapper by many on here. I'm not worried. The window isn't open yet and I'll wait to judge based on what they do. But I do think they need to sign at least two mids and probably three.

Fair enough.
The stern optimists among us like you give important balance to the views from those of us who aren't as positive.

What I personally don't do anymore is to reserve judgement until after the window is closed.

I tried that for the last 4 windows and now I'm done.

Hope to be proven wrong of course.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose it is just possible that we may also have entered into contracts, or pre-contract agreements, that for whatever reason; commercial, private, potential publicity timing, we have chosen not to splash all over the press in advance of registration? Just a possibility.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jos cares. Simple as.

Maybe it’s too much for some but he cares. Can’t knock the guy.
Spot on. How some resort to personal abuse , because you care about the club , totally baffles me
In fact , in some cases it seems to be condoned by the lack of action against the ones in the wrong.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with people being concerned at the direction of the club and the whole sell to buy nonsense. We've had this rubbish window after window after window and people are tired of it. That's not 'pant wetting' or 'pampers'. It's people actually giving a **** about their club. The reality is this - we should not be in a position of such weakness coming into such an important window. Our deals need to be in order and signed BEFORE Neves leaves, not after. It is so so obvious what will happen if Neves goes first - we'll faff around and miss out on a ton of targets and end up with 4/5/6th choices again and therefore defeats the object of a rebuild. In essence, it wouldn't be a rebuild, it would be plugging gaps again because for an umpteenth transfer window running, we planned very poorly. We shouldn't be in a position of needing a rebuild in one summer, but we are, because of Fosun's appalling forward planning and total neglect in the squad. If we don't get this summer right we're in big trouble next season - that is a fact and nobody should be criticised for being concerned and frustrated about the situation we find ourselves in, particularly as the vibes coming out the media of us yet again relying solely on incoming funds to strengthen is worrying to say the least.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am getting quite angry and feeling contempt with Fosun over having to sell BEFORE we buy.
I understand if no fresh money is there for investment but surely a multi billion pound company can supply some cash flow in order to let WWFC CONTROL events. So we buy and sell later in the window.
If Palhinha joins others may join. But we have to show where we are going to even lesser players.
At the moment we are frozen until Neves or Traore is sold , and to get a good price that could mean running up to August.
So either they are stupid or think we are. Like Morgan and Moxeys old tricks .
Cash is king in business , giving you the ability to deal.
I just hope it’s all smoke and mirrors and they are planing to improve our squad In a wise manner.

Last edited:

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm at the point now where I genuinely believe that Jeff thinks being in the PL is a given.
I don't think he will understand what he has done until **** starts to hit the fan results wise and it's squeaky bum time during a relegation scrap.
It may not come to this but we seem to have switched from a proactive model to a reactive one.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm at the point now where I genuinely believe that Jeff thinks being in the PL is a given.
I don't think he will understand what he has done until **** starts to hit the fan results wise and it's squeaky bum time during a relegation scrap.
It may not come to this but we seem to have switched from a proactive model to a reactive one.
Won’t be too far away if we **** it this transfer window too.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is my sense too. Lots of clubs had a few good seasons and felt that the premier League was a given for them. Lots of them are in the champ now

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have to admit I have thought that myself, but we have lost 3 vitally experienced first team members. That experience needs replacing imo, especially in the unforgiving Premier League.

£4.5 million a year for 3 players wages is minimal in the Premier League. We have just had new front of shirt sponsors and increased ST prices all round which should more than take care of that if that’s what it takes to replace them.

None of the 3 you have mentioned have anything like the experience required with Sarkic and Bueno having no first team playing time whatsoever. If that’s the thought process we will definitely be struggling next season imo.

FOSUN need to act quickly in the transfer market and give us loyal fans something to be positive about. Its just doom and gloom atm.

Except Sarkic has a near full season in the champ and did really well by all accounts, about as good as you will get as a backup keeper in my eyes.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I 100% agree.

I listen to the E&S podcast. I'm a fairly latecomer to it, only having started in the middle of this season. I like Judah, I don't mind Keen but he's a lucky, lucky boy. He knows **** all.

His responses to questions are hilarious. They all follow a set pattern.

His replies are generally.

Ooooh, that's a tough/tricky/great question.

"I think" - followed by generally a 3-5 minute improvised monologue answer where he says the exact same thing in slightly different ways.

Judah says - "but what about X" and Keen replies "yeah, that's a possibility also".

His predicted team selections and transfer intel/opinions are no better than your average mol-mixer. ...

They are targeted at a generation that still read newspapers and dont have internet access after all

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Just setting this out there. Loads of people predicted relegation after the "calamity" of the last summer transfer window; then, we were in contention for top 6/7, nowhere near relegation. So, perhaps we're a little OTT with the claims that things will be "disastrous" and our sell-to-buy policy is "outrageous" and FOSUN/Jeff/Sellars/Vinny are "****e."

I'm sure that we will have some new faces in the squad next year. Lots of things still need to fall into place as players move around and clubs solidify their top choices for incomings--seeing as we're a midlevel Premier League team, we have to wait to see what those clubs above us decide to do first (see Neves and Traore, for example). Let's see what will happen, huh?

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just setting this out there. Loads of people predicted relegation after the "calamity" of the last summer transfer window; then, we were in contention for top 6/7, nowhere near relegation. So, perhaps we're a little OTT with the claims that things will be "disastrous" and our sell-to-buy policy is "outrageous" and FOSUN/Jeff/Sellars/Vinny are "****e."

I'm sure that we will have some new faces in the squad next year. Lots of things still need to fall into place as players move around and clubs solidify their top choices for incomings--seeing as we're a midlevel Premier League team, we have to wait to see what those clubs above us decide to do first (see Neves and Traore, for example). Let's see what will happen, huh?

Been there, done that for the last 4,5, 6, 7 windows. The end result is the same every time - neglecting the squad, spending as little as possible and not strengthening it properly. Why will this window be any different? If anything it will be harder, with our best player almost certain to leave and a lot of experienced heads moving on this time. Our sell to buy policy is ludicrous - we have broken even for 3 seasons on the trot - nobody can tell me we can't afford to bring in a Palhinha for 20 million without selling Neves first, nobody can tell me that there is no money at all available. It is Fosun's choice for there not to be that money available in my book. It's all just utter nonsense. They've got away with it so far because of the very first window since promotion where that spine has been ever so reliable and stayed the same, carrying us through. But little by little that's being ripped apart. This strategy will comeback to bite us eventually if we aren't careful.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t believe for a second that if Neves stays, there won’t be money for new players.

Thats a crazy notion.
I think so too, I have a sneaky suspicion Neves will stay.

We'll sell enough other players to do some wheeling and dealing but won't be spending huge amounts on individual players.

We won't sign guedes for example

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I don’t believe for a second that if Neves stays, there won’t be money for new players.

Thats a crazy notion.
Exactly!

Was there not allegedly funds ready to be spent on Botman last summer? And how else could we have possibly afford Trincao at the end of his loan if we wanted to keep him?... All that money has been siphoned off to the CCP too I suppose. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jorge waltzes into Barca and gets to address and meet the entire board, he really does run football - quite sad.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Been there, done that for the last 4,5, 6, 7 windows. The end result is the same every time - neglecting the squad, spending as little as possible and not strengthening it properly. Why will this window be any different? If anything it will be harder, with our best player almost certain to leave and a lot of experienced heads moving on this time. Our sell to buy policy is ludicrous - we have broken even for 3 seasons on the trot - nobody can tell me we can't afford to bring in a Palhinha for 20 million without selling Neves first, nobody can tell me that there is no money at all available. It is Fosun's choice for there not to be that money available in my book. It's all just utter nonsense. They've got away with it so far because of the very first window since promotion where that spine has been ever so reliable and stayed the same, carrying us through. But little by little that's being ripped apart. This strategy will comeback to bite us eventually if we aren't careful.
But despite that, we've never been close to relegation, with, according to you, 4 to 7 disastrous windows. Why is that?

I won't disagree that we need to rebalance/refresh the squad this summer, which I fully expect them to do. And I would bet good money that we will probably finish anywhere between 7th and 13th place again (just like the last four years). It's about the long-game and setting the right expectations. For example, I would have preferred that we brought in a CB and CM last summer, but it wasn't calamitous or disastrous that we didn't, now was it?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are lots of PL teams who would give their eye teeth to have our "neglected squad" and finishing position (even after the end of season slump).

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will not have a positive net spend.

It's been the case for two years, they've told us it will be the case again, and you think it's crazy to believe them?
There will be money for players regardless of whether Neves moves.….how much though , who knows?
And I do believe them more than many on here but that’s not why I believe the money is available.

We‘ve all been down this road before, we know the drill. We have to be patient and wait until something official is said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom