Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have decided I am going to give the kid a break and see how he comes back, as a Wolves player, next season. Hopefully his confidence will be boosted by a decent pre-season and he will be fit. Yeah he has been poor, since he did his hamstring, but the seasons been over a couple of weeks now so I am not going to criticise him when hes not even playing.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I have decided I am going to give the kid a break and see how he comes back, as a Wolves player, next season. Hopefully his confidence will be boosted by a decent pre-season and he will be fit. Yeah he has been poor, since he did his hamstring, but the seasons been over a couple of weeks now so I am not going to criticise him when hes not even playing.
He's poor technically but a lot of attackers who are productive aren't amazing. He is one of our only attackers who gets into decent positions, hence his tap ins.

Better than Raul standing on the edge of the box all season. Trincao just being his general dog**** self and Neto/Podence being players who drop deeper rather than inside forwards + Adama having no instincts.

Fabio the next best at it

He's nowhere near as bad as people are making out. If he's a starter then we're in strife but off the bench he is about at the level most none top 6 sides have it you check their squads

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can people explain if we have to start Hwang why he started only 2 of the last 4 games
I’d guess it’s more about appearances and that if he doesn’t start he’s pretty much guaranteed to come on. I would like someone to explain how after one of the worst sub appearances ever vs Man City how he managed to start the next game against Norwich.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's poor technically but a lot of attackers who are productive aren't amazing. He is one of our only attackers who gets into decent positions, hence his tap ins.

Better than Raul standing on the edge of the box all season. Trincao just being his general dog**** self and Neto/Podence being players who drop deeper rather than inside forwards + Adama having no instincts.

Fabio the next best at it

He's nowhere near as bad as people are making out. If he's a starter then we're in strife but off the bench he is about at the level most none top 6 sides have it you check their squads
He looked strong and quick when he first came to Wolves. Personally I thought, after his injury, he lost some pace and was always just short of getting to the ball - almost like he didn't trust his hamstring. He was just off the pace and always stretching for the ball, often it bounced off or away from him. Prime example was Liverpool when he he was slow to the ball and then had to slide and resulting in him putting the ball out of play in front of Silva and Podence.

I might be wrong but, as I say, lets see what he does next season.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, that's what "support" is about, isn't it? Although he's had a dire second half of the season, I still think the level of abuse and scapegaoating has been so exagerrated, to the point of absurdity. He wouldn't be the first player to have a spell when he can't do anything right.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To save time and space on this thread can I suggest we introduce a simple tick box sheet for each player rumoured to be joining us.

I have drafted some questions based on recent responses on here, perhaps you could add your own.

□ Too old
□ Too slow
□ Too small, we will be the 7 dwarfs fgs
□ Too tall, reminds me of maerhoffer
□ Too expensive, for us
□ Doesn't speak Portugese and hasn't been on holiday there recently
□ Heard his missus wouldn't be seen dead shopping in the Mander centre
□ Not Chinese, Korean, or Vietnamese
□ Heard he might prefer a move to Villa (or was it, wants to live in a Villa, either way avoid)

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d guess it’s more about appearances and that if he doesn’t start he’s pretty much guaranteed to come on. I would like someone to explain how after one of the worst sub appearances ever vs Man City how he managed to start the next game against Norwich.

That's an objective fact, is it? We played badly as a team yet I don't remember that match as being memorable for "one of the worst sub appearances ever". Ever, in the entire history of football? You're seeing what you want to see. Yes, he wasn't good, but then it just wasn't one of the worst ever. Did he give a penalty away that lost the match? Miss an open goal?

If you're looking for worst sub appearances ever, perhaps try Hoever's against Leeds and Liverpool.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He should have got less minutes over Chiq but it's just *******s. Who else ere the option?

Against City if you're dropping people on performances we'd have not had an 11 outside of Sa and Chiq.

Entire team might have had their worst ever games, then only he gets popped for it. Proper scapegoat, apparently the fact our midfield spent game after game passing sideways and getting transitioned on. Defense made calamity errors, forwards who look like they've never played together is all him.

But yeah Hwang the reason we missed top 6. Sure.

Was a dumb decision to make him perm without waiting just because we saved on a small loan fee but good job for the uncritisable members of the squad they stay out of firing line. How many good games has Neves, Moutinho, Coady, Saiss, Donk, Raul, Neto played in 2022?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He looked strong and quick when he first came to Wolves. Personally I thought, after his injury, he lost some pace and was always just short of getting to the ball - almost like he didn't trust his hamstring. He was just off the pace and always stretching for the ball, often it bounced off or away from him. Prime example was Liverpool when he he was slow to the ball and then had to slide and resulting in him putting the ball out of play in front of Silva and Podence.

I might be wrong but, as I say, lets see what he does next season.
Liverpool one was 100% Raul for me, a pro couldn't cross the ball 15 yards.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool one was 100% Raul for me, a pro couldn't cross the ball 15 yards.
I couldn't disagree more. The cross was fine, kept away from the defenders, but Hwang hesitated marginally at the edge of the box. His laughably inept attempt to keep the ball in just made it way worse.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually don’t think that Hwang is that bad……..caveat….if played in his correct position. We have played Hwang, Neto, Podence, Trincao and Traore as wide forwards, however previously we played with narrow, inside forwards and the wing backs providing the width. If Hwang is played closer to Raul I think he can do a job, and is a bit of a poacher but out wide he is ineffective.
We either need to play Hwang in a two with Raul or get rid and play wide forwards who are actually wide forwards!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually don’t think that Hwang is that bad……..caveat….if played in his correct position. We have played Hwang, Neto, Podence, Trincao and Traore as wide forwards, however previously we played with narrow, inside forwards and the wing backs providing the width. If Hwang is played closer to Raul I think he can do a job, and is a bit of a poacher but out wide he is ineffective.
We either need to play Hwang in a two with Raul or get rid and play wide forwards who are actually wide forwards!

Every one of our forward players would be better in a 4 2 3 1 or 4 3 3 or 4 4 2

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll travel all the way back from Vietnam if necessary, to take him to Elland Road. I'll stop off in Seoul on the way back to get him some comfort food for the journey.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Hwang is surely our most commented player. For an average squad player that is no where near as bad as some would believe that is remarkable. The amount of abuse he gets is beyond belief from a "fan' site. There are those with such a hatred for him, who take every opportunity to vilify him that I'm beginning to think that they are actually trolls. Either that or their girlfriends/wife fancy Hwang.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more. The cross was fine, kept away from the defenders, but Hwang hesitated marginally at the edge of the box. His laughably inept attempt to keep the ball in just made it way worse.
The cross was awful, he missed a player who was wide open….

Raul butchered two chances with bad passes/option taken.

But let’s butcher the only forward who actually posed some threat to the Liverpool goal after Jota went off…. Yes he had some bad touches and other moments but he didn’t hide and kept trying.

Many others would hide, they guy had our best shot conversion rate and was up their for goals and assists, but still he gets slaughtered like he is the second coming of roger johnson.

Yet adama who forced a loan move and is refusing to sign a contract is being defended and hailed a hero who would have saved our season based on his stellar history of not delivering many assists and missing sitters

Bloody joke

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Hwang is surely our most commented player. For an average squad player that is no where near as bad as some would believe that is remarkable. The amount of abuse he gets is beyond belief from a "fan' site. There are those with such a hatred for him, who take every opportunity to vilify him that I'm beginning to think that they are actually trolls. Either that or their girlfriends/wife fancy Hwang.
It's easier to pretend one player was the reason we didn't get into Europe rather than the team structure and numerous members of the squad, who are favourites, playing dismally down the stretch.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yea I’m the same. I mean, he was truly terrible for the entirety when he came back from injury but I’m going to give him a break and see what a pre season and a (presumably) new system can do for him.

Saying that, it won’t take long for me to go “yeeeeeaaaaa… he’s still rubbish”.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Would be great if we could have a "Hwang Holiday". No mentions of him for a day. It is irritating how he gets mentioned on every single topic, almost every other post. And by pointing out that he is not the single cause of our imminent return to League 1, we just end up adding to the whole debacle.

For me, it is the "worst signing ever"., "worst premier league player ever" that are most absurd and got me wondering whats going through peoples minds. Without thinking, could probably spend half an hour reeling off worse signings of ours and worse premier league players. And thats before looking into the record books and finding another few hundred worse players. Plenty of forwards never scored 5 goals in a season in this league. And plenty of those cost more. We have a few in our squad right now.

Maybe his bright start raised expectations that upset people when he couldn't keep it going? Possibly the idea that he was "only" signed for the Asian merchandise marketing was there from the start, so the knives were prepared and ready to come out at first opportunity. It did seem that the usual support of a struggling new signing - allowing them time to settle, recovering from injury, played out of position etc were ignored, in favour of instant vitriol with none of the mitigations that are used for other players.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm seeing more posts defending him these days. First couple of pages of this thread were full of **** taking and now it's just people repeating the same points about how he's actually not the worst player ever and maybe he just needs a rest and then he'll be fine etc. The discussion has certainly been exhausted for now, but then there's not a lot else going on at the moment.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be great if we could have a "Hwang Holiday". No mentions of him for a day. It is irritating how he gets mentioned on every single topic, almost every other post. And by pointing out that he is not the single cause of our imminent return to League 1, we just end up adding to the whole debacle.

For me, it is the "worst signing ever"., "worst premier league player ever" that are most absurd and got me wondering whats going through peoples minds. Without thinking, could probably spend half an hour reeling off worse signings of ours and worse premier league players. And thats before looking into the record books and finding another few hundred worse players. Plenty of forwards never scored 5 goals in a season in this league. And plenty of those cost more. We have a few in our squad right now.

Maybe his bright start raised expectations that upset people when he couldn't keep it going? Possibly the idea that he was "only" signed for the Asian merchandise marketing was there from the start, so the knives were prepared and ready to come out at first opportunity. It did seem that the usual support of a struggling new signing - allowing them time to settle, recovering from injury, played out of position etc were ignored, in favour of instant vitriol with none of the mitigations that are used for other players.
Nicely balanced. I suspect that a lot of the issues and moans arise from the premature and unnecessary decision in January to make the signing permanent rather than waiting until the summer.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The cross was awful, he missed a player who was wide open….

Raul butchered two chances with bad passes/option taken.

But let’s butcher the only forward who actually posed some threat to the Liverpool goal after Jota went off…. Yes he had some bad touches and other moments but he didn’t hide and kept trying.

Many others would hide, they guy had our best shot conversion rate and was up their for goals and assists, but still he gets slaughtered like he is the second coming of roger johnson.

Yet adama who forced a loan move and is refusing to sign a contract is being defended and hailed a hero who would have saved our season based on his stellar history of not delivering many assists and missing sitters

Bloody joke
Adama got far more abuse than Hwang on here.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I keep stum as well.
Liked Hwang in the beginning of the season when he had some really nice finishes.
After injury,hasn´t looked the same player in the Raul style.
I want to see how both are going to start upcoming season.Both might very well be better players this season than the previous one.
Way OTT for me to critisize Hwang just because of a bad slip and letting the ball go out for a throw in against Pool.
I´ll deffo needs more.
Hwang to me seems like a decent option from the bench first and foremost..a decent player to have in the squad.

Back
Top Bottom