Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that may be the case mate as not only a coach but mentor to the Portuguese youth at the club.
This is the ideal situation if true… he’s stated many times he wants to become a manager and his family are very settled here

I think he’d even accept a lower salary and even a reduced role if there’s a view to do his coaching/management apprenticeship with us

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
This is the ideal situation if true… he’s stated many times he wants to become a manager and his family are very settled here

I think he’d even accept a lower salary and even a reduced role if there’s a view to do his coaching/management apprenticeship with us
It’ll be one way to tell if the speculation of genuine beef with Lage was legit and he was one of the senior players involved.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bulk of that net spend was via the activation of options though, ie retaining players.

Personally, I blame Nuno for bottling that run in by playing ultra conservative and ****ting himself. If we'd replaced Bennett, could it have been a different story? Would we have picked up an extra point over the course of the season? Probably.

We STILL haven't replaced Bennett!

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the last time we had sustained top flight finishes like this was the early 70s it's unquestionably a golden era for any supporter under the age of 60

If your definition of a golden era is throwing a 2 goal lead at Wembley to Watford, and bottling 2/3 run-ins when European football is on the cards then good for you.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If your definition of a golden era is throwing a 2 goal lead at Wembley to Watford, and bottling 2/3 run-ins when European football is on the cards then good for you.
Sad isn't it, that that is as good as its got.?... Golden.....plated maybe, but not 24 carat.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad isn't it, that that is as good as its got.?... Golden.....plated maybe, but not 24 carat.
Golden era is relative . I think that’s what he meant by fans under 60. It’s certainly the most competitive we have been at the highest level since 1980.
My issue is we should not stop there and rest on our laurels.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Today was examining the fresh ablutions of the new Elizabeth Line and overheard a gent who, while washing his hands, was saying to his friend he wasn’t sure how much longer he’d need to be doing the crummy commute to Paris each day and that he was having conversations with “my mate Jorge on a possible opportunity and a project with a big budget“.

On their way out his mate said “same time next week and bring cash next time Poch”

Can‘t verify anything as I was too busy drawing a rude things on the back of the cubicle door.

Last edited:

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean losing an fa cup semi and finishing just behind the top teams, with some wonderful experiences.

Vs... nothing

Honestly, you sound like the top team supporters who are grumpy they 'threw' away a championship.

If you can't enjoy this then honestly what on earth is the point? You'll always be unhappy.

(Which is not to say things are perfect, esp this year, but I take massive issue what what you posted above)

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean losing an fa cup semi and finishing just behind the top teams, with some wonderful experiences.

Vs... nothing

Honestly, you sound like the top team supporters who are grumpy they 'threw' away a championship.

If you can't enjoy this then honestly what on earth is the point? You'll always be unhappy.

(Which is not to say things are perfect, esp this year, but I take massive issue what what you posted above)

Who says I'm not enjoying it? I know we're capable of better. There's a difference.

We're on the cusp of something great and a sizeable portion of fans are happy for us to float along doing nothing.

The same argument was used to stifle dissent under Mick McCarthy, when we were trundling along doing nothing under Morgan. It's not the eighties any more, move on.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who says I'm not enjoying it? I know we're capable of better. There's a difference.

We're on the cusp of something great and a sizeable portion of fans are happy for us to float along doing nothing.

The same argument was used to stifle dissent under Mick McCarthy, when we were trundling along doing nothing under Morgan. It's not the eighties any more, move on.
No one is stifling anyone here, you're just constantly looking on the glum side. Know we're capable of better? It's ever so easy as a fan on the outside but we all know that it's never quite so simple.

Every team that gets close to the top few could say exactly the same as you. Fact is sport averages itself out and that's why almost everything is won by the biggest teams with the most money these days.

So yes, this is a golden era for wolves fans unless you're like 60-65+. You don't come across as enjoying it, you spend a lot of time complaining. But maybe that's just here.

We all want to win everything and we all think if this and but for that and oh why has the manager or club done that. But in reality it comes down to money and averages. As it does in all sports.

I certainly don't think we're doing nothing.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
I’d have thought a Saturday night would’ve brought some genuine rumours from a pub… :(

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has a decent scoring record for Benfica and Switzerland. He could be another Raul, he could be another Jose…
will just need players around him who can create the chances.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Positives - oven ready, knows where goal is, finishes well, handful, knows Bruno

Negatives - why do I get Havard flo / maierhofer (Robert Taylor eek Mike small) vibes, everyone looks good on YouTube,

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Positives - oven ready, knows where goal is, finishes well, handful, knows Bruno

Negatives - why do I get Havard flo / maierhofer (Robert Taylor eek Mike small) vibes, everyone looks good on YouTube,

I remember him scoring for fun for Benfica but every time I watch him play for Switzerland I think he's useless.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I remember him scoring for fun for Benfica but every time I watch him play for Switzerland I think he's useless.
Just a lump who bashes people about, fair few championship forwards like him.

Would be the case of adding a below average player to the squad for "depth".

Back
Top Bottom