Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Players you'd like us to be looking at

• Thread starter Deleted member 8455jwf
  • Start date

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Palhinha sounds a good option in midfield, in the hope that he can move the ball quickly. Brereton Diaz from Blackburn and O’brien from Huddersfield could be good too, as the best players in the Championship is a market we haven’t used in recent years and have missed some real quality. Please also give MGW a long overdue chance in the first team and don’t let someone else snap him up.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve wanted us to go for belotti ever since we played Torino in the Europa.

Can’t imagine Liam Delap is going to get loads of game time for city now they have Haaland and Alvarez so I’d love us to get him too.

Sanches or Nunes for midfield, and I think that narrow winger that Sheffield United had on loan that got their player of the year will light up the prem if he gets a decent chance….

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palhinha and Sanches are the 2 I'd really want. And some Podence type player from Portugal.

Also - a snotter of a defender

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And some Podence type player from Portugal.
Coincidentally enough, Rafa Silva reminds me of a player in the style of Podence that actually has a real eye for goal. Similar height too at only 5ft 6!

Probably not one to seriously consider looking at for another year or so because he's only 17 right now, but a young winger I really like the look of is Diego Moreira from Benfica's academy. Predominantly featured in their u19s this season and was in my opinion their standout player, alongside Martim Neto, in the team that won the UEFA Youth League this season, where he got 4g + 5a in 10 games.

Very silky player, extremely quick, strong in 1v1 situations, left-footed, can play either wing & is also fairly competent with his weaker foot. He's quite tenacious in his playstyle too & is always looking to drive forwards. At only 17 y/o, he's not particularly well-built strength-wise yet of course, but a tireless player that gets stuck in even if it means he can be a little prone to getting himself booked during games (although I'm sure he'll learn with age). A player he reminds me of a bit is Leroy Sane if I was forced to make a comparison.

Next year he'll be playing in Benfica's B team with potentially some occasional minutes here or there in the first team if I had to guess, obligatory highlight reel below:

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I caught the 2nd half of the Ukraine game last night and I was blown away by the 15 minute substitute appearance of mf Mykhaylo Murdryk. He is 21 and was unbelieveable. Passing, dribbling, you could see he has it all. He is presently with Donesk but someone soon needs to move in and sign him up. It was one of those rare football moments when you come across a player and you just know that are a real footballer. If anyone on here has any influence with Wolves please, please get them to give this guy the once over. I know he will be big. The last time I said this was when I first saw Jerrod Bowen playing for Hull and I said at the time we need to go for him. WHU did and now he's in the England squad.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I caught the 2nd half of the Ukraine game last night and I was blown away by the 15 minute substitute appearance of mf Mykhaylo Murdryk. He is 21 and was unbelieveable. Passing, dribbling, you could see he has it all. He is presently with Donesk but someone soon needs to move in and sign him up. It was one of those rare football moments when you come across a player and you just know that are a real footballer. If anyone on here has any influence with Wolves please, please get them to give this guy the once over. I know he will be big. The last time I said this was when I first saw Jerrod Bowen playing for Hull and I said at the time we need to go for him. WHU did and now he's in the England squad.
Said exactly the same to my wife when we were watching it. You needed to see him for about 5 minutes to tell he'll be a serious, serious player.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said exactly the same to my wife when we were watching it. You needed to see him for about 5 minutes to tell he'll be a serious, serious player.
When you have watched football for as long as I have and you have (?), once in a blue moon you see a youngster who has everything. He looked like that youngster to me. Looking back at my Wolves supporting years only Robbie Keane and Joleon Lescott looked top quality when I first saw them starting out. So that's 2 players in 55+ years of watching Wolves, when I knew for sure I was watching a future star. I think someone will buy Murdryk this summer (wish it was Wolves) and we will all watch his star rise.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love a big, physical centre-half to replace Saiss. Nikola Milenkovic or Duja Caleta-Car would be great and David Carmo at Braga is a fantastic prospect (6’5”, excellent on the ball and just broke into the Portugal squad). Levi Colwill looked great on loan at Huddersfield and is probably ready to make the step up in a similar manner to Marc Guehi last season.

In midfield, Nunes or Sanches would be phenomenal but think they’re going to have far more appealing offers. Really wanted us to sign Vitinha but think that boat has sailed too.

In terms of attacking midfielders/forwards, Cole Palmer at Man City is an unbelievable prospect but think he’ll be very close to their first team squad next year. Always been very impressed with Takumi Minamino at Liverpool and there are rumours that he’s available at £20m. Keane Lewis-Potter at Hull and Scott Twine at MK Dons are two Football League players who look like they could make the step up.

As for strikers, Charles De Ketelaere at Brugge looks like a generational talent ;) Gonçalo Ramos at Benfica would be a fantastic signing and has a great understanding with Fabio in Portugal Under-21’s.
Well, you’ve got my vote for the Head of Recruitment post :)

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd hit the Dutch league.

Orkun Kökçü 21 CM 32Games 7Goals 9assists

Ibrahim Sangaré 24 CDM 29Games 3goals 2assists

luis sinisterra 22 Winger 30games 12goals 7assists

Orkun Kökçü is probably out of our reach, but of we can get Sangaré to partner João Palinha at the base of our midfield.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If United have a big clear out.

Eric Bailly, can be clumsy but when he's playing well he's incredibly hard to get past. Partner with Kilman with a high line

Aaron Wan-Bissaka, can't cross or pass but as a defender very hard to beat. If we have a right footed winger on the right so he doesn't have to be the width. He can play to his strenghs.

Scott McTominay,I think he's underrated. Sir Alex would love him. Carrick and Fletcher had a love child. 7/10 every game, mobile, aggressive, great in the air and can pass the ball. Won't win you a game but can be the water carrier. Scapegoat at United because they're not performing as a club and he's not a big name.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If United have a big clear out.

Eric Bailly, can be clumsy but when he's playing well he's incredibly hard to get past. Partner with Kilman with a high line

Aaron Wan-Bissaka, can't cross or pass but as a defender very hard to beat. If we have a right footed winger on the right so he doesn't have to be the width. He can play to his strenghs.

Scott McTominay,I think he's underrated. Sir Alex would love him. Carrick and Fletcher had a love child. 7/10 every game, mobile, aggressive, great in the air and can pass the ball. Won't win you a game but can be the water carrier. Scapegoat at United because they're not performing as a club and he's not a big name.
Wan-Bissaka could possibly convert into a rcb in a back 3?

I agree about McTomminay. Actually feel the same about Fred too.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we offered him the chance to play regularly and in midfield maybe there’d be a chance of getting Zinchenko ?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think he's too poor in the air to play RCB. But if we go 4 at the back and don't need him to play as a wing back, I think he'll find his Palace form again.

Semedo contact is up next year and he's 28 now. I'd sell now, try and get the money back

D

Deleted member sbk12944

I think he's too poor in the air to play RCB. But if we go 4 at the back and don't need him to play as a wing back, I think he'll find his Palace form again.

Semedo contact is up next year and he's 28 now. I'd sell now, try and get the money back
I’m sure Semedo has a 2yr contract extension option in the club’s favour though, so not exactly out of contract.

***edit it’s true as I found the quote below.

“The Premier League club announced the 26-year-old had signed a three-year deal at Molineux, with an option to extend until 2025”

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure Semedo has a 2yr contract extension option in the club’s favour though, so not exactly out of contract.

***edit it’s true as I found the quote below.

“The Premier League club announced the 26-year-old had signed a three-year deal at Molineux, with an option to extend until 2025”

Makes the situation a bit better, but do we want to keep him till his value is gone. 30m for 5 years of Semedo doesn't sound a great deal

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Makes the situation a bit better, but do we want to keep him till his value is gone. 30m for 5 years of Semedo doesn't sound a great deal
Depends if you rate him as he should be in his prime next season, I do see him as a very good player.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Nathan Ake is going to be available. I'd love to see him play for us, but wages would rule him out i would imagine.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends if you rate him as he should be in his prime next season, I do see him as a very good player.

If we could get £20m back for him I'd take it and use it somewhere else then right back, especially when we have Jonny.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

If we could get £20m back for him I'd take it and use it somewhere else then right back, especially when we have Jonny.
So you would take a loss on probably one of our better players this year to play Jonny who despite being right footed is better on the left. Personally I think It’s the one area where we have good players that can be rotated because of strength in depth, rotation is needed to keep things fresh.

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A number of the names I would echo, but someone who has not been mentioned is pape gueye at Marseille. Tall, rangy, midfielder who carries the ball and commits players and breaks through the lines. Left footed as well.

Seen Huddersfield and not been grabbed by o’brien personally.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Milenkovic, Palhinha, Nico, Almeida, Guedes

Sign Milenkovic (£25mill) and Palhinha (£20mill) with the £45mill received for Neves plus get Nico as part of that deal.

Guedes swap for Adama as both are in the last years of their contracts.

Buy Almeida with the money for selling Ronan and Sanderson - approx £6 mill.

There would then still be scope for selling plenty of players who would be well down the pecking order - Boly, Giles, Bolla, Hoever, Hwang or Podence, Cutrone, Campana. Keep us nicely within FFP/Guo's limits.

Last edited:

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you would take a loss on probably one of our better players this year to play Jonny who despite being right footed is better on the left. Personally I think It’s the one area where we have good players that can be rotated because of strength in depth, rotation is needed to keep things fresh.

I think Jonny is better on the right, have Bolla as back up, sell Semedo for £20m and use the cash on a centre half, midfield or a striker.

Right back is the last position I want good depth in when rest of the team is lacking

D

Deleted member sbk12944

I think Jonny is better on the right, have Bolla as back up, sell Semedo for £20m and use the cash on a centre half, midfield or a striker.

Right back is the last position I want good depth in when rest of the team is lacking
Obviously your opinion but I can’t understand why you would go from 3 top players, one excellent right back in Semedo, one talented young Left back In Ait-Nori and Jonny who covers/plays both sides superbly to cut it down to just 2 players and then add an untested lad who currently plays in Switzerland, the strength in depth drops. With our current 3 players any 2 of the 3 players play the quality is always there.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously your opinion but I can’t understand why you would go from 3 top players, one excellent right back in Semedo, one talented young Left back In Ait-Nori and Jonny who covers/plays both sides superbly to cut it down to just 2 players and then add an untested lad who currently plays in Switzerland, the strength in depth drops. With our current 3 players any 2 of the 3 players play the quality is always there.

Because if we can only spend what we sell, and we currently have Neves leaving, Donk and Cundle as a midfield, Raul who looked poor and Silva upfront and only Kilman out of our center backs looked good. We desperately need to bring in a striker, atleast 2 midfielders maybe 3 and a centre half.

I'd rather give up depth in the least value position on the pitch, to help strengthen other areas.

Bolla is highly rated and as a back up will be enough, worse case keep Hoover too. Have Giles and Hugo Bruno at left back to back up RAN.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because if we can only spend what we sell, and we currently have Neves leaving, Donk and Cundle as a midfield, Raul who looked poor and Silva upfront and only Kilman out of our center backs looked good. We desperately need to bring in a striker, atleast 2 midfielders maybe 3 and a centre half.

I'd rather give up depth in the least value position on the pitch, to help strengthen other areas.

Bolla is highly rated and as a back up will be enough, worse case keep Hoover too. Have Giles and Hugo Bruno at left back to back up RAN.
Don’t really think we can be too confident with Jonny staying fit now. 2 very serious injuries.

If we were to follow your thinking I’d suggest we sold Jonny instead of Semedo. Even though I do think Jonny is the best one when fit.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t really think we can be too confident with Jonny staying fit now. 2 very serious injuries.

If we were to follow your thinking I’d suggest we sold Jonny instead of Semedo. Even though I do think Jonny is the best one when fit.

Let's hope Bolla and Hoover are going to step up if he does get hurt.

I'd rather risk them having to play some part of the season,then having Donk or Boly having to play a large part of the season again

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought a thread on players who've caught your eye might be a nice change of pace.

Realistic ones would be best

Moved this from a different thread but love Cheick Doucoure

Only saw a full 90 of him once but instantly his passing through the lines massively stands out, his work-rate is insanely good and has experience covering fullbacks in a 3 at the back.

The kind of ball progressor we need with a Joao knack for nicking the ball timing tackles well which belies his years, despite not being the biggest bloke in the world (thought he's bigger than Joao and really sharp pace). His ability to stand up to a kicking, CM in Ligue 1 so they just get topped/top people constantly, also is a plus.

Doubt we are truly in for him but he'd be fantastic and available for a cut price

Cheick Doucouré Stats, Goals, Records, Assists, Cups and more | FBref.com

Dreaded highlight film, can see his attributes of his great passing through the lines and his dribbling.

Negatives would be he has only played about 100 first team games in 2 very weak leagues, but has played at AFCON and for a team that punched above their weight in Ligue 1 after getting promoted with them.
I like him. I only saw a couple of lens games(don't ask me why but, i think it was cos I wanted to see how other teams played with our setup) but I think he is what we need in the middle. Looks tidy, and I think he will go quite far in the game.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Jonny looked shot last few games... obviously because of the double knee injury, and hopefully a break and a full pre season might help....but we can't be planning too much on Jonny for me.....

I hope I'm wrong but we can't be planning RWB for a while season at this level on Jonny for me....it's difficult enough for any player especially one who has had the double injury he has .. semedo is a must keep for me at this moment..

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Jonny looked shot last few games... obviously because of the double knee injury, and hopefully a break and a full pre season might help....but we can't be planning too much on Jonny for me.....

I hope I'm wrong but we can't be planning RWB for a while season at this level on Jonny for me....it's difficult enough for any player especially one who has had the double injury he has .. semedo is a must keep for me at this moment..

If we move to a back 4 and have a naturally wide player at right wing, he won't need to do as much running.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree about McTomminay. Not so keen on fred.
I am waiting for the year that they decide to spend 100million on declan rice, only to quickly realise all of their midfield options are better.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we move to a back 4 and have a naturally wide player at right wing, he won't need to do as much running.
Yes agree......but Jonny still concerns me ...at this level for 40 plus games..we need semedo , plus Jonny....not just Jonny......a new lwb for me competition n help for Rayan..be happy with the Brazilian chap ..

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't think he did much wrong in the games he played rb. Would love to know how many goals at the end of the season actually came from chances down that side.

Back
Top Bottom