Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fortunately the club know a tad more than the self proclaimed experts on here
I wouldn’t necessarily agree with that. I would consider myself to have an eye for football talent just by watching football at various age groups for the last 45 years.
I’m not an expert but I’m still allowed an opinion. If MGW is playing for a Big 6 club in three years, I’ll Immac mys balls live on YouTube.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t necessarily agree with that. I would consider myself to have an eye for football talent just by watching football at various age groups for the last 45 years.
I’m not an expert but I’m still allowed an opinion. If MGW is playing for a Big 6 club in three years, I’ll Immac mys balls live on YouTube.
You're obviously allowed an opinion but this place is cast iron proof that total years on this planet is absolutely no indicator of wisdom. Quite the opposite in many cases

And YouTube doesn't allow graphic content so you'll have to think of a more appropriate streaming service for your manscaping

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan deserves his chance to shine now! He has clearly matured as a player being the main man for a team that had an awful
Start the season and won every major award he could at Sheffield UTD.

If he wasn’t already our player, I am very certain people on here would be saying that is the type of young English player we need. People on here saying we need conor Gallagher, but Morgan is exactly that type of player now! So why spend the money?

Give him the faith that he will get a chance and let’s see what happens!

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We’ve struggled massively this season with creating any space for our forwards to work with - MGW would lose the ball sometimes with his tricks and flicks, but he’d get goals, assists, and create a lot of space for the forward/wide players to work with.

Has to be a starter next season for me.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The vibe based on absolutely nothing apart from refreshing this thread and Twitter endlessly getting yourself into a tizzy. As with many of our players, he's been on international duty all week and will be for another couple of weeks.
Far from in a tizzy. It's only football.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll Immac mys balls live on YouTube.
giphy.gif

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think/hope that if Lage puts his arms around MGW and gives him the reassurance that he will be in the starting line-up come August in a new-look, attack-minded Wolves he will want to stick around. He's been pushed from pillar to post over the years (admittedly he's not been that great for us) but now is the time for him to take his chance and for Lage to put his faith in him. If Moutinho stays as the holding mf MGW + another new attacking mf could be quite exciting. All we need then is a partner for Kilman and a 15/20 goal a season striker with Neto and Podence either side.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This thread is getting boring
Facts are Wolves have offered a new improved contract and to be in Wolves Squad for the coming season
There will be no loan for Morgan
Up to Morgan now its his decision stay or leave
Stay and we are happy
Leave we sell him for the best offer we can get
Lets just wait for Morgan's decision

That the club publicised they'd offered him a new contract over a week ago and there's been no announcement would suggest he's on his bike. Although suppose being away with England might delay things.

Doesn't seem good to me though, the only reason for publicising it would be to try and encourage him to sign.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve struggled massively this season with creating any space for our forwards to work with - MGW would lose the ball sometimes with his tricks and flicks, but he’d get goals, assists, and create a lot of space for the forward/wide players to work with.

Has to be a starter next season for me.
Has to be a starter? Nobody should be a guaranteed starter. Lets hope if he`s still with us, has a good pre season and take it from there.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I've watched three minutes of MGW playing for England U21s
If there's anyone on this forum who doesn't think we should give him a chance next season you seriously need to increase your medication.
He's light years ahead of Fabio Silva
Was there any doubt about that fact? It's not even close..

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to be a starter? Nobody should be a guaranteed starter. Lets hope if he`s still with us, has a good pre season and take it from there.

I think in contention to start would be more accurate.

As you say, very few, if any of our players are guaranteed starters (Sa, Coady in a back 3, and Neves maybe?).

For me, he has to be one of the starting options for a forward position. Hopefully as a second striker in a 4-4-1-1 type formation!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That the club publicised they'd offered him a new contract over a week ago and there's been no announcement would suggest he's on his bike. Although suppose being away with England might delay things.

Doesn't seem good to me though, the only reason for publicising it would be to try and encourage him to sign.
Or cynically it could be to demonstrate to us an an audience a willingness to keep him when the reality is different. I don't know tbh, just saying it's not necessarily the only reason.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He seemed to play well from what I saw. Seems to have finally found a preferred position now he's playing regularly. Hopefully he stays!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its got nothing to do with Lage or Sellars .. they have made it clear they want him to stay and offered a new contract .. Purely down to Morgan if he stays or goes

Have I missed something? I thought the club had made it clear they want him to stay by offering a new contract, surely it’s up to him now!
Yes.

Just an easy stick to beat Lage, Shi and Sellars with.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have I missed something? I thought the club had made it clear they want him to stay by offering a new contract, surely it’s up to him now!
Yep and if he really wanted to stay at Wolves, then he would`ve signed up! He will know of the interest in him from other clubs and that`s why he`s stalling on signing a new contract. Fair enough, but its pretty obvs his heart is not at Wolves. He did`nt want to fight for a place in January after Lage told him he would have to do that. He obvs made the right decision staying with with his loan club.. We can get 20 million for him.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes.

Just an easy stick to beat Lage, Shi and Sellars with.
That's not true.

If MGW leaves Wolves it will be because of how he has been treated, or how he feels he's been treated, and you'd presume the contract isn't good enough to convince him to stay.

You could also question why he was just given a one-year extension before going to Sheffield United, because if it was two years then we'd have no issues now.

It has been said on several occasions that MGW was unhappy at how he was treated after the first loan and then having to go out at this summer.

So, Nuno deserves his share of the blame as well as those three mentioned if he does go!

In my opinion it would be a massive blow both in terms of us losing a good player and also what it means in terms of us not being able to keep an academy lad to what is likely to be an inferior/equal side at best (Forest, Southampton, Leeds, Palace all strongly linked).

D

Deleted member drgr12429

That's not true.

If MGW leaves Wolves it will be because of how he has been treated, or how he feels he's been treated, and you'd presume the contract isn't good enough to convince him to stay.

You could also question why he was just given a one-year extension before going to Sheffield United, because if it was two years then we'd have no issues now.

It has been said on several occasions that MGW was unhappy at how he was treated after the first loan and then having to go out at this summer.

So, Nuno deserves his share of the blame as well as those three mentioned if he does go!

In my opinion it would be a massive blow both in terms of us losing a good player and also what it means in terms of us not being able to keep an academy lad to what is likely to be an inferior/equal side at best (Forest, Southampton, Leeds, Palace all strongly linked).
He's tied till 2024.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell / give hwang away

Keep mgw

Something seriously wrong at this club if he is sold and we keep hwang
You are forgetting two glaring points.

Hwang wants to be here,MGW doesn't.

Hwang is happy to fight for a starting place, MGW expects a starting place

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends on whether the contract is competitive with what other clubs may offer him, and compared to what it might cost us to get someone in of equivalent talent and potential.
MGW or Trincao? Hmmmm, MGW for me, please.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

No one is tied. It’s just a question of managing the departure, if that is what happens.
Should have said he has a contract till 2024. Tied might be a decent idea. As in tied to the goalposts and told he's playing for us till 2024..

Back
Top Bottom