Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Let’s look at the positives

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Russell Jones ask wolves i took a lot of positives and would rather be a glass half full guy than whine and moan about e-sports etc which we may or may not reap the benefits from ( only time will tell and won’t some look ****in daft if we eventually do ) !!
1) We are getting a new fanzone which will be bigger and better and will be made so it can also hold small music events …
2) willing to stop that utter ****e goal music
3) Talked in detail about the Steve bull being redone and talked about how it would enable us to be able to hold concerts and being a venue for euros in 2028 should England win the bid …
Everything to me points towards the fact we as a club don’t give a time frame on when we will do things , what we will spend etc and it will be done when the time is right but it will be done …
Stop ****in pant wetting and moan when it’s time to moan , i saw us blow money on ****e all through the 90s , we’ve seen the likes of derby and sheff wed do it and fail even Everton and next it will probably be Veela ..
The last two years have been ****e to watch admittedly and i embrace change , the last few years we have bought young to supplement the high earners at the club now it’s time to role reverse , if they get it wrong ****in scream from the rooftops but maybe there’s also a chance they get it right and most of you ****ers will look like hysterical toddlers !! Go and knock one out and chill the **** out !! Enjoy you summer guys xx

D

Deleted member drgr12429

A positive thread. Makes a pleasant change! It seems there are 2 sets of Ask Wolves videos out this year. One set where they talk about they way they are trying to grow the clubs ability to generate funds, and one set where fans and the clubs history aren't even counted.
I watched the former set of videos.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A positive thread. Makes a pleasant change! It seems there are 2 sets of Ask Wolves videos out this year. One set where they talk about they way they are trying to grow the clubs ability to generate funds, and one set where fans and the clubs history aren't even counted.
I watched the former set of videos.
It won't take long till the thread becomes negative and full of arguments and digs like the rest :joycat:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The positives for the club?…….ok.

Not bankrupt.
Not being sued for sexual harassment.
None of our players arrested for rape.
No police investigations for corruption.
No ‘perp’ walk for Wolves officials.

etc.

T

TheConcourse

People are going overboard and being a little precious about the interview from Jeff IMO.

It’s really hard to speak, capture nuances of each individual situation and contextualise everything into 45 minutes.

I don’t for a second believe that Jeff is ignoring 200,000 Wolves fans in the U.K., but he knows the brand will never grow with that number.

Some fans don’t know we’ll have a football club. That’s fine. I don’t think their execution of Records has been great, and I’ve paid little/no attention to eSports, but it’ll help the wider business to give advertisers access to more defined and niche audiences.

Jeff isn’t stupid. He knows the club can’t lose £100m in revenue and so he’ll have to keep investing in the team.

All we can do now is trust that as the other initiatives ramp up the team continues to improve. Everything else is layered in assumption until revenue grows from other areas.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't see the outcry personally. Football died a long time ago. Absolutely no surprise that our faceless corporate overlords are....faceless corporate overlords!

As long as we perform on the pitch next season, couldn't care less.

Continue the playing staff overhaul and replace the outgoing Saiss + Neves with young Iberian talent. Rinse repeat. Freshen things up in attack and we will be mid table again. Of course I want to win the league but I'll take 20 years of PL football if it's on offer!

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Don't see the outcry personally. Football died a long time ago. Absolutely no surprise that our faceless corporate overlords are....faceless corporate overlords!

As long as we perform on the pitch next season, couldn't care less.

Continue the playing staff overhaul and replace the outgoing Saiss + Neves with young Iberian talent. Rinse repeat. Freshen things up in attack and we will be mid table again. Of course I want to win the league but I'll take 20 years of PL football if it's on offer!

You wish for mid table. Our soft underbelly has been exposed time & time again
Brentford, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Brighton, Norwich, Leeds. etc Some of thes young players may be decent, but you need snotters in your side to add steel at times.
Its like comparing Saiss or Mouts with say Trincao or Hoever

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positives:
* Established Premier League club, 5th straight year incoming with three top 10 finishes in four seasons, after countless years in the desert.
* No debt or clouds of impending financial ruin. Shedding some higher wage earners allows a redistribution of budget and potential activity in the transfer window.
* Some excellent/potentially excellent young players in Neto, Kilman, Ait-Nouri, Gibbs-White (if he stays), Chiquinho.

Negatives:
* The football itself is bloody awful, and far too few people at the club seem bothered by this. But it matters to those who watch instead of just checking the internet the day after a match to see "if their team won".

Football at our level is heartbreakingly simple. The only thing the vast majority of us care about is watching us play well, and all the negativity vanishes like puddles in the sun when we do.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You wish for mid table. Our soft underbelly has been exposed time & time again
Brentford, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Brighton, Norwich, Leeds. etc Some of thes young players may be decent, but you need snotters in your side to add steel at times.
Its like comparing Saiss or Mouts with say Trincao or Hoever
Not so much wish but understand it's a very very distinct probability for the foreseeable. Agree with the snotters but the time is very much right for Saiss to leave

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Being 17th in the deloitte table is quite positive, above Everton... considering our short time in PL in comparrison. Better than all the Midlands teams.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m a positive person as most of you know , but and it’s a big but Bruno needs backing and the players leaving replaced and the squad strengthened with QUALITY!

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re about to have our 5th year of top division football in a row, don’t know when that last happened but it’s been a while.

This is great, of course,

But of these 5 years this definitely feels like the least stable time pre-season (or post season if you prefer) of them all. Think that’s fair for some Wolves fans to feel slightly concerned.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
This is great, of course,

But of these 5 years this definitely feels like the least stable time pre-season (or post season if you prefer) of them all. Think that’s fair for some Wolves fans to feel slightly concerned.
Maybe, but do you think the reaction to the videos released is “slight concern”, because reading some of the responses I’d say people have gone way over that?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe, but do you think the reaction to the videos released is “slight concern”, because reading some of the responses I’d say people have gone way over that?

I’d say some have gone way over, yeah. But I reckon the main recurring theme I’m seeing is fans who are grateful for what Fosun have done to date, but definitely questioning the statements that are coming out of the club lately.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Being 17th in the deloitte table is quite positive, above Everton... considering our short time in PL in comparrison. Better than all the Midlands teams.

We might be 17th in the Premier league table next season if we get this window wrong

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder what is the point of developing a top half team. As soon as some of your players start making headlines clubs like City, United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc come along and steal them. Money seams no object to them and money certainly talks..

If we are honest we will never be able to compete with these sides, so try and enjoy what we have while we have it.

I still don't understand ffp.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We might be 17th in the Premier league table next season if we get this window wrong
We might be 17th, we might be 6th. That’s football in a nutshell. I don’t see the panic in the window just yet at all.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder what is the point of developing a top half team. As soon as some of your players start making headlines clubs like City, United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc come along and steal them. Money seams no object to them and money certainly talks..

If we are honest we will never be able to compete with these sides, so try and enjoy what we have while we have it.

I still don't understand ffp.
It has just been announced that Wolves were the 17th richest club in Europe up to the end of last season. Possibly a bit lower
this season.

That gives the basis for making a competitive team, of course. Hundreds of good players to choose from, a few of whom will become superstars.

The game is rigged towards the monopolistic cartel, but there is also enough space to challenge that group over a five year cycle.

Fosun's strategy was based on that basic understanding of top level football, and we came very close to top 6 finishes. It aint easy but
it is possible. West Ham got even closer this year, ending up with a near repetition of our 19/20 season. Leicester have done it, and
won medals.

Although the rules go on being tweaked to the Cartel's advantage, they have not closed that space for aspirational clubs to challenge.

But are Wolves still an aspirational club?

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Russell Jones ask wolves i took a lot of positives and would rather be a glass half full guy than whine and moan about e-sports etc which we may or may not reap the benefits from ( only time will tell and won’t some look ****in daft if we eventually do ) !!
1) We are getting a new fanzone which will be bigger and better and will be made so it can also hold small music events …
2) willing to stop that utter ****e goal music
3) Talked in detail about the Steve bull being redone and talked about how it would enable us to be able to hold concerts and being a venue for euros in 2028 should England win the bid …
Everything to me points towards the fact we as a club don’t give a time frame on when we will do things , what we will spend etc and it will be done when the time is right but it will be done …
Stop ****in pant wetting and moan when it’s time to moan , i saw us blow money on ****e all through the 90s , we’ve seen the likes of derby and sheff wed do it and fail even Everton and next it will probably be Veela ..
The last two years have been ****e to watch admittedly and i embrace change , the last few years we have bought young to supplement the high earners at the club now it’s time to role reverse , if they get it wrong ****in scream from the rooftops but maybe there’s also a chance they get it right and most of you ****ers will look like hysterical toddlers !! Go and knock one out and chill the **** out !! Enjoy you summer guys xx

I agree, Russ' video was very good.

The one good video (2 if you include Bruno's) shouldn't distract from the **** show that was Shi, Sellars and Vinnie's videos.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are effected by 'recency bias' in that they look back at a couple of poor transfer windows and think this one will be the same.

But to me this feels very different. I think Neves and Adama will go along with a few others. We will free up a lot of wages, and I still maintain there has always been some money for the right player on the right deal.

What Jeff trys to do is get value for money. But you are dealing with humans who sometimes work or sometimes don't.

Cutrone is a good example. Really good profile, could have been fantastic. But he couldn't turn his potential into performances.

On the or hand look at Toti, picked up for a bargain and may turn out to be very good.

I think we will see young more energetic midfielders we will press more and be more attacking.

If we do sell Neves, Adama, and MGW that is close to £80m - we can transform this side with that type of investment. Not every player has to cost £20m.

That lad O'brien from Huddersfield would give centre midfield far more drive - he looked fantastic in the play off final. What would he cost £10m maybe £15m at a push?

Loads of clubs are desperate for cash.

I think it's going to be a really interesting summer.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun have taken the club from a very ordinary championship side to a midtable premiership club without spending stupid amounts of cash while the likes of Everton and Villa have been spending huge amounts to scrap around in the lower places of our league. Now the players that got us there are declining in performance levels or moving on and we need to rebuild, we aren't going to be top 6 contenders but Jeff shi and his advisors are going to be tested to keep us building to maintain and move us to the next level as a club. The team sheet strength come August is our next step for the Wolves pack.

Stourwolf

Reaction score
I agree, Russ' video was very good.

The one good video (2 if you include Bruno's) shouldn't distract from the **** show that was Shi, Sellars and Vinnie's videos.
I agree.Jeffs was a car crash, but I watched Bruno and Russell’s after to give me my hope back.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It could well be the end of an era but just as equally, it could be the beginning of an even more exciting new one!
That's the mentality I currently intend to run with, at least until I see us kick the first ball of the new season.
I have no intention of watching any of the PR videos released by the club and will reserve any judgement I have until the 2022/23 campaign is in full swing, until then everything is merely rumours, heresay, opinions and conjecture.
I'm much happier when the club does its talking on the pitch.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Castore deal sounds like it's been a success. It must have been a bit of a risk to break away from a traditional deal but it seems to have worked.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Lets not kid about - the plan was to get Fosun.Gestifute/ Jorge established in the pem.So they can wheel & deall players between several clubs within Europe - avoiding FFP but generating agents fees/commission, sharing profits & creatimg funding for other parts of their global enterprises - Basically Job done
Football/entertainment/fanbase are the last things they are concerned about

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m a positive person as most of you know , but and it’s a big but Bruno needs backing and the players leaving replaced and the squad strengthened with QUALITY!
You're also usually a knowledgeable person...

No info?? ;)

Back
Top Bottom