Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are the PL squad rules still the same next season - ie 17 non homegrown players over the age of 21?

It means we have to make difficult decisions on the likes of Jordao, Shabani, etc

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Love how people are like '**** off then' rather than asking why these youngsters don't want to be here.
We know why Gibbs white doesn't want to be here. 2 loan spells when he clearly thinks he's ready for PL first 11.
The main reason is probably his Mrs though. Bunch of our "fans" heckled and harassed her not so long back, I think she wears the trousers.
She'll be telling him to move.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's 23....the age ...but shabani n jordao will still go..
Are you sure?
I think it is 21, either way I don’t think we’re going to have much to worry about given Marcel and Saiss leaving, possibly Moutinho too, non of which are homegrown.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you sure?
I think it is 21, either way I don’t think we’re going to have much to worry about given Marcel and Saiss leaving, possibly Moutinho too, non of which are homegrown.
It always been 23.....will be the first year we have had to name Neto in the squad ... officially....

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely disagree. He had his loan spell cut short last season to be sporadically used from the bench. He’s not a kid anymore, he needs games. It was the correct decision by him to stay at Sheff Utd.
I nw why he did it ...I get that from his point of view....cause he was seeking pastures new....if he wasn't prepared to fight for a place in January, when we was short , then he wasn't committed to a career at wolves....

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW did the right thing for his career by staying at Sheff Utd. I thought it was quite refreshing actually to see a player choose playing over warming a bench. Let’s be honest had he come back he would have sat on the bench whilst watching Hwang fannying around. He would have been behind him d others were for some reason. All power to him. I don’t think his decision in Jan doesn't mean he isn’t interested in a Wolves career.

Sidaway

Reaction score
I nw why he did it ...I get that from his point of view....cause he was seeking pastures new....if he wasn't prepared to fight for a place in January, when we was short , then he wasn't committed to a career at wolves....
Or he didn’t want a repeat of what happened the previous year and preferred to play guaranteed football at a place that’s brought out the best in him? ‍♂️

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling we will only get 25 mill for neves but might get nico as part of the deal

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW did the right thing for his career by staying at Sheff Utd. I thought it was quite refreshing actually to see a player choose playing over warming a bench. Let’s be honest had he come back he would have sat on the bench whilst watching Hwang fannying around. He would have been behind him d others were for some reason. All power to him. I don’t think his decision in Jan doesn't mean he isn’t interested in a Wolves career.
Im not disagreeing he did the right thing ...I would have done it ...but just think he did the best thing to progress his career away from wolves..... last summer he would have been looking to get away from wolves, the previous 3 season weren't exactly great from his prospective under Nuno, fall outs , loan spells cut short etc...he did well at Sheffield and he thought it would be better served for a move staying at sheff utd...

Go no problem with it, as I say it's probably the right descision for his career to move away........its worked out fine from both angles as we will get a better fee.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How good is this Nico?
Highly rated, was on the fringes of first 11 when he got injured. Different style to neves more athletic but nowhere near as good technical. Him and palinha might forge a decent mf though and we would get both for the price of neves

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Highly rated, was on the fringes of first 11 when he got injured. Different style to neves more athletic but nowhere near as good technical. Him and palinha might forge a decent mf though and we would get both for the price of neves
Could be a good option then. My big concern with this possible Barca deal is we end up with 2-3 players who won’t improve our team and not only do we end up missing out financially but the team looks worse too.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love how people are like '**** off then' rather than asking why these youngsters don't want to be here.
Agree. The lad quite rightly just wants to play. If we can guarantee a starting place I reckon he would be happy to stay. If not, then he backs himself to find a club where he can start. Palace a good shout. Sad to lose a local boy. Maybe we haven't managed this properly. Good luck to him.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If MGW has concerns iro locality and Sheffield proved to be a general area he found agreeable, the match between Huddersfield and N. Forest this afternoon might have added interest. My guess is whichever side wins will need bolstering without breaking the banks to do so and he could quickly find himself in demand.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree. The lad quite rightly just wants to play. If we can guarantee a starting place I reckon he would be happy to stay. If not, then he backs himself to find a club where he can start. Palace a good shout. Sad to lose a local boy. Maybe we haven't managed this properly. Good luck to him.
No player can be guaranteed a starting place,especially one that has a lot to prove
If he cant be bothered to commit to us why should we commit to him?
I like him as a player and really think he can do a job for us,but his attitude and ego gets in the way for me
Right bid comes in get rid imo

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to have had more playing time under the manager before Xavi but is highly rated. Missed last few games with a broken toe. Only just 20 so would need a Palhinha type to either play alongside or will be Palhinha’s backup if we play just one in there. He does seem to be highly rated. I would swap him for Traore if we could manage it depending on what Dembele does. I think Neves will be De Jong replacement so the more De Jong goes for the better - £365k a week should be attractive.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one should be a guarantee starting place.
Especially someone who's done nothing in a wolves shirt

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im not disagreeing he did the right thing ...I would have done it ...but just think he did the best thing to progress his career away from wolves..... last summer he would have been looking to get away from wolves, the previous 3 season weren't exactly great from his prospective under Nuno, fall outs , loan spells cut short etc...he did well at Sheffield and he thought it would be better served for a move staying at sheff utd...

Go no problem with it, as I say it's probably the right descision for his career to move away........its worked out fine from both angles as we will get a better fee.
I don’t think he needs to move away this season. Last season he did and needed a full season of mans football.

I’m hopeful he can be convinced that he has a future here as I think and always have done that a settled MGW playing regularly is a great asset.

I hope he stays. One thing sure is we won’t replace him for the fee we get for him.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW has been at Wolves since 2008. We have nurtured him, developed him and been a shoulder to cry on when things haven't gone so well. We gave him his professional contract, found loan clubs to further develop him and we were the club from where he was able to further his career internationally throughout the age groups he qualified for. We paid him from when he signed professionally and have generally stood by him to where he is now.
I find it staggering that some comments slate Wolves because we haven't 'guaranteed' him a starting place and that somehow Wolves is to blame if MGW leaves.
Wolves has a lot to be criticised for, but our treatment of Gibbs-White over the 14 years he has been at Wolves isn't one of them.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s always had an ego, especially when it comes to Wolves. If he thinks he is better than us then get stuffed I’d rather have a Portuguese player than some egotistical jumped up championship player that thinks they have the god given right to start every game. DONT BE HERE IF YOU DONT WANT TO MORGAN THE DOOR IS OPEN!!

Agree 100%..

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
MGW has been at Wolves since 2008. We have nurtured him, developed him and been a shoulder to cry on when things haven't gone so well. We gave him his professional contract, found loan clubs to further develop him and we were the club from where he was able to further his career internationally throughout the age groups he qualified for. We paid him from when he signed professionally and have generally stood by him to where he is now.
I find it staggering that some comments slate Wolves because we haven't 'guaranteed' him a starting place and that somehow Wolves is to blame if MGW leaves.
Wolves has a lot to be criticised for, but our treatment of Gibbs-White over the 14 years he has been at Wolves isn't one of them.

Largely agree with this. The only time I think he would have a valid claim that we ‘messed him about’ was in January last year where we called him back from a loan spell and didn’t really use him until the last 3-4 weeks of the season.

I completely understood the club’s reasoning as we were going through a very difficult spell at the time but equally I could understand Morgan’s viewpoint. That was the fourth season he was in and around the first team squad and he had never had a regular run of starts (again understandably given the players ahead of him).

He needed to go out on loan to get regular football and having done that (and established himself as the main man at Swansea), it must have been frustrating to find himself back at Square One with us.

We ‘made that right’ last season in terms of letting him spend the year at Sheffield United (even though he was arguably our best attacker in pre-season) and he responded by tearing The Championship up.

Now is the perfect time for us to give him the extra accountability and responsibility of being one of our main men at the start of next season. And equally, now is the right time for him to repay the long-term investment we have shown in him for the last 15 years.

The time is now. Go make yourself a homegrown Wolves hero, Morgan.

dnf14

Reaction score
I’ve no idea how good Milan are right now but I’d fairly confidently suggest he will be further away from a guaranteed starting place there than he is with us!
Would suggest playing time isn’t actually his main concern!!
Kessie's leaving on a free to Barca so Sanches is pretty much nailed on to start unless he's crocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom