Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member sbk12944

Think I’d rather have the cash.

Although a midfield of Gonzalez and Puig may be decent with a big enforcer alongside them like Palhinha.

Don’t know much about Mingueza. The defender I really hope we go is David Carmo at Braga. Big, quick, strong and decent on the ball.

Decent analysis of Minqueza, if we stay as a back 3 maybe ok, as a 4 no chance imo.

I’d rather Milenkovic or Carmo as you mention, both with a bit of size to them as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I’d rather have the cash.

Although a midfield of Gonzalez and Puig may be decent with a big enforcer alongside them like Palhinha.

Don’t know much about Mingueza. The defender I really hope we go is David Carmo at Braga. Big, quick, strong and decent on the ball.
Agreed but there’s little chance of Barca coughing up the fee we’d want.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel a bit of a ***** saying this but are there any players in Ukraine we should be looking at? Players from Shaktar Donetsk?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's a straight swap i would want four players not three as those three don't amount to 50 million. Throw in that young winger too and we can talk some business.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don’t really see the obsession with Villas transfer business but also don’t think we are in the position to criticise as we haven’t had a good window for 3 seasons!

Also, hate to remind people, but Kamara rejected us last year …

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t really see the obsession with Villas transfer business but also don’t think we are in the position to criticise as we haven’t had a good window for 3 seasons!

Also, hate to remind people, but Kamara rejected us last year …
I think it’s the speed they they’ve got them done and that they’ve gone straight out and got their targets. It’s not about the players per se.

I also think there’s a lot of frustration around how the season ended so it’s something else to get annoyed about and another stick to hit the club with - myself included if I’m being honest!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is these deals rarely happen especially with FOUR players will be hard to get everyone to agree/happy with a move and their contracts etc.... We will see!
Exactly,Barca or us can want anything,but in the end its up to the players,not that i think this has any legs in the first place mind

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I still maintain I would like to hear something positive from the club.I don’t want spin and I don’t expect to hear about targets but we hear absolutely nothing other than the odd comment from Bruno .
Their club ,their call but after the fall off in the last 3 months and season tickets now on sale can’t we have something to raise spirits ?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness you posted last summer that Villa, Leeds, Everton, Leicester and West Ham are ‘all ahead of us’.

I presume your bet on them all finishing above us were washed out? ;)

I don’t agree they are (or will be) on a completely different level. I don’t have the same love in for many of their players that some on here do. Like most years, outside of the money league teams, there will be a handful of clubs mixing it around mid table. Including villa and us (hopefully :oops:)
Christ don’t start him on his Leeds love in, he’ll soon be all excited about Fulham again

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going on Transfermarkt values:

Nico £22m
Puig £8m
Mingueza £8m

--

Neves £36m

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I still maintain I would like to hear something positive from the club.I don’t want spin and I don’t expect to hear about targets but we hear absolutely nothing other than the odd comment from Bruno .
Their club ,their call but after the fall off in the last 3 months and season tickets now on sale can’t we have something to raise spirits ?
It all adds to the 'lack of leadership/direction' feeling doesn't it? Ruddy announces he's leaving: Saiss gives an interview saying he's probably off as he can't agree a deal. Bruno says he wants all the new players in by July. Shi and Sellars say... nothing at all.
I think that's why the situation with Villa is ****ing so many people off. We say we've been planning since February. Villa look like they really have been planning since February.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree Jonzy
It would be nice to hear a statement of intent from the club,even if its not what we want to hear particularly
As you say no spin,just a state of the nation type speech,where we are, where we are going,what time scale etc,i dont think thats much to ask after months, if not years of silence from the top

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need money, not Barcelona cast offs.

These big clubs hype their younger players up so much and others fall for it. There’s this idea that because a player plays for a Barcelona, Liverpool etc. then they’re automatically better than what we have.

Look at Hoever, it’s rubbish. The Scousers are the best for it; Ibe, Solanke, Wilson all getting big fees and probably more.

We need specific, intelligent recruitment in what is a massive summer. Not taking 3 players because it may represent value or because they’re ‘alright’.

Mingueza & Puig, in my opinion, especially, are not what we need. Nico could be good but it’s a risk.

I can’t believe we’re still dealing with Barcelona to be honest.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
If we sell in this country we have to put a minimum £60 million on him surely,going on what other players are going for here
Maybe less if abroad but £50 mil is absolutely bottom line
He will probably go to Newcastle in exchange for 3 of their cast offs and Sellars will tell us we have been after these players for a while and that Almiron is a proven World class striker .

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why oh why do we continue to deal with the most crooked and scummy club around?!

It’s like we are George McFly and they are Biff.

*pre Marty and Doc getting involved.
Watched this (again!) at the weekend with my ten year old daughter.

'Hey McShi anyone home? Hello Buttsellars, anyone there?'

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need money, not Barcelona cast offs.

These big clubs hype their younger players up so much and others fall for it. There’s this idea that because a player plays for a Barcelona, Liverpool etc. then they’re automatically better than what we have.

Look at Hoever, it’s rubbish. The Scousers are the best for it; Ibe, Solanke, Wilson all getting big fees and probably more.

We need specific, intelligent recruitment in what is a massive summer. Not taking 3 players because it may represent value or because they’re ‘alright’.

Mingueza & Puig, in my opinion, especially, are not what we need. Nico could be good but it’s a risk.

I can’t believe we’re still dealing with Barcelona to be honest.
Agree with all of this. If they're such great players they would be starting week in week out and would have huge release clauses attached.

Not saying youngsters leave and don't become fantastic players elsewhere (Fabregas springing to mind) but sending us 3 at a time is just a crazy idea and one we would be mad to take them up on. As you say, Nico seems the best suited to us and I would happily take him plus cash from Barca but, again, I don't know why we still answer the phone when they call; it's like they're trying to tell us what is happening and how it is happening - expecting us to agree with everything.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
reading about this Nico chap, and with Palhinha on our radar, I wonder if we're heading for Bruno's 'double pivot' which will allow more attacking players to thrive. Hopeful
I also like the sound of Gonzalez. A link to his style is here which I’m sure you’ve read. He does seem to have dropped off a bit second half of season but with Palhinha I can see the double pivot working and by all accounts he can do the box to box bit and has the skills to beat the press apparently which I current midfield don’t seem to have.
The curious case of Nico Gonzalez at Barcelona

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
...what, to add to the seven man portuguese clique?
By all accounts the senior Portuguese are fantastic, model professionals. You then look at the rumours about Trincao and Fabio - both on the bench and both having their attitudes questioned (add Podence if you want) - that's the side of it I'm worried about.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Give him to newcastle and id cry, not like hed go id hope.

But still unbelievable JEFF

Newcastle can **** off.

God I'd hate to see him in another PL team. If he went to Newcastle, not sure how warmly I could receive him.

Going Arsenal or United, as much as I'd hate it, I'd be able to understand.

Can't some big European side just come in & buy him.

Better yet, don't go Ruben.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely anything they say will be derided as spin, regardless? The only positive would be a signing but I’d rather they get who they want rather than signing whoever just to keep a baying mob happy

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s the speed they they’ve got them done and that they’ve gone straight out and got their targets. It’s not about the players per se.

I also think there’s a lot of frustration around how the season ended so it’s something else to get annoyed about and another stick to hit the club with - myself included if I’m being honest!

Think there’s a risk they’ve overpaid doing so though, which you could argue they’ve done previously too and it’ll be interesting how they fare financially long term as they must be losing a fortune every season.

They also seem to have quite a slapdash policy on recruitment, they don’t seem to have the players to suit any one style of play.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It all adds to the 'lack of leadership/direction' feeling doesn't it? Ruddy announces he's leaving: Saiss gives an interview saying he's probably off as he can't agree a deal. Bruno says he wants all the new players in by July. Shi and Sellars say... nothing at all.
I think that's why the situation with Villa is ****ing so many people off. We say we've been planning since February. Villa look like they really have been planning since February.
No what villa are doing is paying clubs exactly what they want and over paying players to make sure they come regardless. It all has a feeling of wolves in the 90s and we all know how that ended.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could we actually accept the three from barcelona and then add in palinha, will that give us some depth?

Is pedrinho still coming?

and then if raul goes what next, we still have saiss, moutinho, dendocker to all confirm what is happening.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think there’s a risk they’ve overpaid doing so though, which you could argue they’ve done previously too and it’ll be interesting how they fare financially long term as they must be losing a fortune every season.

They also seem to have quite a slapdash policy on recruitment, they don’t seem to have the players to suit any one style of play.
They’ve got a new Director of Football in now so I would imagine they will be a lot more strategic than the trolley dash model they had previously. Having said that they will still probably overpay.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree with all of this. Their signings don't smack of having shopped around and taken due diligence - basically get it done by any means before others come in.

I said a few pages back that they're going to get stuck with some past it players who they will have difficulty shipping out.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why oh why do we continue to deal with the most crooked and scummy club around?!

It’s like we are George McFly and they are Biff.

*pre Marty and Doc getting involved.

Technically are we not Marty? We did dump some **** on Biff back in January.

Sorry Adama fans, just a joke. Hes not **** but simply not what he's made out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom