Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
my
Deserved to win today tbh.
Wolves were definitely in it and a threat most of the games, according to R5 live.

But, Liverpool has to throw any caution to the wind as the game for them was a must win. For Wolves, they could play freely with nothing to play for. Pity they couldn’t play that way a few more games this season.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The main reason I am torn is I can see guedes, Rafa Silva, palhinha etc signing for Bruno....he goes we don't nw who we will get....
Agree. A new guy in now and it is even more of a summer of uncertainty. You would hope that there are already rebuilding moves in place, but if Bruno has been involved in those plans what happens to them? Is it back to the drawing board, or is his successor tied into plans he had no part in forming?

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s all speculation of course but I firmly believe we’d have created much more scoring chances and therefore more goals and the defence would be wayyyyyyyy tighter.
Passing, possession and throw-ins would be vastly improved.

Position……6 or7th. probably.
Of course, it’s all hypothetical and subjective but in essence, you think the football would have been better to watch and Pep or Klopp, would have achieved an extra 6-10 points. We will never know obviously but on that benchmark, Lage, is not a million miles behind.

I really don’t know if he is the man or not, I’ll be honest. I played and coached at a much lower level so I don’t feel qualified to judge. All I aim to do is look at things from different angles and hopefully attain a balanced view along with my opinion.

If I had to make a choice on whether he stays or not, I would keep him, unless we can get someone who is definitely an upgrade and those managers are very few and far between. Especially, ones who would come to Wolves.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Complete guess and hope by some. Put any manager on with no backing and we would be no different.
Yeah....that's my prevailing sensation, but I'm also somewhat apathetic. He has done a decent job. Almost a good one. Almost a bad one. If we had kept Nuno, I imagine we would have had a similar season. If we had appointed, Fonseca, ditto.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Yeah....that's my prevailing sensation, but I'm also somewhat apathetic. He has done a decent job. Almost a good one. Almost a bad one. If we had kept Nuno, I imagine we would have had a similar season. If we had appointed, Fonseca, ditto.
Exactly, our issue is lack of pace down the centre of the pitch plus we are a little too nice so it doesn’t matter who is in charge those issues would have remained.

Stourwolf

Reaction score
Totally agree.the board have really shafted him tbf,,,but he has made some really strange decisions lately.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And if those games were breaking point for someone, I would understand. But I'm responding to someone whose breaking point was the first 45 minutes of today's game, in which we'd outplayed Liverpool before Neto's injury and then matched them for the rest of the half.
Pretty sure I've seen @VancouverWolf berating Bruno ahead of the Liverpool game. I'm fairly certain he was quite unhappy before the Brighton game even. His patience had run out some time ago.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolverhampton Wanderers Season 21/22GoalsAssists
1Raúl Jiménez65
2Daniel Podence63
3Hwang Hee-Chan51

Fabio Silva 0 Goals and 0 Assists
Hmmm… Bruno was supposed to be a coach who would get the best out of Fabio, help him improve his game and all that. Seems to have less games time and gotten worse.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pretty sure I've seen @VancouverWolf berating Bruno ahead of the Liverpool game. I'm fairly certain he was quite unhappy before the Brighton game even. His patience had run out some time ago.
half time vs Liverpool and even if we win, ( yeah, right ), I have lost patience with Bruno’s coaching. I have no more confidence in him.

Since Xmas, our defence leaks like a sieve……massive holes that you could drive an 18wheeler through.
Bruno has a a full season to drill basic stuff and failed and I hope Jeff can and will find someone better.

This is what I was replying to.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks.
Actually, I was about 75% for firing him before the game, ( just didn’t want to see us firing another coach so soon).
I think I was in denial until the Leeds game.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree.the board have really shafted him tbf,,,but he has made some really strange decisions lately.
He may or may not have been shafted by the board but he should have got more out of the team than he did. Other managers have achieved more with less resources. Look at Mick in his seasons in the Championship (and in the Premiership to be honest), that first season we got in the play offs with players who had no career after they left a wolves.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one that I just can't countenance is picking and sticking with Hwang when he's so hideously out of form. Baffling
My personal opinion is that Hwang was a Shi signing . And Lage has to please the boss.

I said from day one the position of Shi should be linked with the success of Hwang, and Silva .
I would look at bringing in someone else who can challenge ,or if not replace , Shi after his 6 year spell.
He seems to take less outside advice on the running of the football side.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Dyche will always be what he is, if you like. A Sam Allardyce type, that can do a specific job but achieve nothing more. Plenty of them around and I don’t think he would fit our “look”, if you know what I mean.

You would almost think, that we have to keep some sort of a Portuguese link somewhere, given that we rely so heavily on players from there, to make up a large part of the squad.

Something that may not be a given natural affinity, if we go looking elsewhere. We have to get it right if we do change things and given the way Fosun have acted in this area historically, you would have to trust them not to make irrational decisions.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to be an interesting summer a manager with limitations and a team that needs rebuilding. I worry for my liver.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deserved to win today tbh.
You're living in a parallel universe if you think we deserved all three points.

I've no complaints with today's performance against one of the best teams on the planet, we done well to have a go...

But Liverpool dominated us, at times laying siege to our goal. There's no way we deserved to win.

Stourwolf

Reaction score
You're living in a parallel universe if you think we deserved all three points.

I've no complaints with today's performance against one of the best teams on the planet, we done well to have a go...

But Liverpool dominated us, at times laying siege to our goal. There's no way we deserved to win.
Liverpool had a lot of the ball and pressure, but if we were more clinical on the counter we should have scored more.we had real good opportunities today,,even though Liverpool put us u see lots of pressure.
Just my opinion.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether I think he’s the main to take us forward or not I think he’s lost the players which always goes one way.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool had a lot of the ball and pressure, but if we were more clinical on the counter we should have scored more.we had real good opportunities today,,even though Liverpool put us u see lots of pressure.
Just my opinion.
We could have scored more... Against the run of play. Liverpool could have scored more too.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today has zero relevance on whether Bruno should stay in the job. I can't honestly believe any Wolves fan expected anything other than a mauling today but I actually thought we played OK. We could have scored four and they couldn't have complained, but given the nature of the day they were always going to throw caution to the wind.

From early February to now though we have been abysmal, we have played some absolute ****e and made them look good, questionable subs, questionable timing of subs, continued reliance on Hwang, throwing players under the bus, talking absolute balls after games... Get him gone for me, he's never taking us forward.
I am 100% behind this analysis.

Bruno lage… meh. I just don’t care for him. Passionless twerp with no identity, no charisma, no plan, no hope. Just a gangly ‘yes man’ moron operating at a level well above his ability. Well well above. . See you later. Won’t miss you at all.

Last edited:

rubyloo

Reaction score

Bruno lage… meh. I just don’t care for him. Passionless twerp with no identity, no charisma, no plan, no hope. Just a gangly ‘yes man’ moron operating at a level well above his ability. Well well above. . See you later. Won’t miss you at all.
He went ballistic at RAN second half for misplacing a through ball. I thought to myself- I would expect our manager to be operating at a slightly higher level than simply shouting at players like an angry bloke down the pub.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Crikey. Don’t sit on the fence.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno's 1st season was one of success in my book.. Top 10 in Premier League and beating little Aston Villa Home & Away :)

Could possibly do much better next season if backed by Fosun Jeff Shi and the board.

Always look on the bright side of life :)

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At times this season I was almost convinced.

It looked like some kind of a plan:
1) Try the new approach - result: 3 games lost
2) Go back to what the team had been drilled to play - result: ugly football but decent results
3) Slowly get back to what the initial idea was - result: improved performances, improved results (late December/January)

But the end of the season was disastrous and I'm in the "Bruno out" brigade at the moment. I wouldn't trust him with transfer funds, after having seen him play Hwang and Trincao far too often this season.

Bruno is the man who can only win minds, he will find it hard to win hearts. He's nowhere near Nuno in terms of charisma and aura, that leads to creating bonds with fans and players. I could rate and appreciate him, but I couldn't force myself to like him. In the result driven business he relies on results even more than his colleagues. 10th may seem OK but I'd like to (or wouldn't like to) see the league table with Jose Sa performing at an average rate.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

That's far from a "meh" opinion!

I think Lage would do well with the proper backing.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm… Bruno was supposed to be a coach who would get the best out of Fabio, help him improve his game and all that. Seems to have less games time and gotten worse.

Same with Cundle and Chiquinho. Cundle he stated he didnt sign a central midfield player in January as we had Cundle who he trusted. Plays him at Spurs where he is very good and then drops him. Plays him at Newcastle because he has to due to Neves and Donck being out. Hardly uses him otherwise. Very unimpressed with a guy who was supposed to be so good at using younger players and giving them a proper chance.

Back
Top Bottom