Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves x 200

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t help but think we’ll never recapture the momentum and optimism of that night v Utd in the qtr final.
We’d built a really good team but zero investment since has killed it all.
Thank you Ruben, top player, top man. We should have built a team around you for the next 10 years.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t help but think we’ll never recapture the momentum and optimism of that night v Utd in the qtr final.
We’d built a really good team but zero investment since has killed it all.
Thank you Ruben, top player, top man. We should have built a team around you for the next 10 years.
In hindsight, that was literally as good as it ever got.

Fosun did absolutely incredible up to that point. Since then, extremely, extremely poor.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let's face it, he came to sunny Wolverhampton having left his boyhood club to put himself in the shop window for a "big" team to snatch him up.
I believe he fell in love with the place by accident and gave far more than any of us expected him to. I can't recall any previous wolves player more deserving to push on for silverware than our Ruben and I think the general consensus is that he has earned the love and respect of the fans in a way that makes us want that for him too. Such a shame we couldn't kick on with him.
The sort of talent that was destined to outgrow us at the stage we are at.
I consider myself lucky to have witnessed him in old gold and I wish him nothing but the very best regardless of who he moves to.
Nuno had a dream, and what an absolutely ****ing brilliant one with this man in the middle of it.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get over emotional too often about Wolves players leaving, but watching that clip of Neves applauding the fans at Anfield has got me. I was gutted when Bully had to retire, gutted we had to part ways with Nuno but this feels so much worse with Ruben.

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has there ever been any indication that we even offered him another contract? Seems sad we haven’t even tried to keep him. He probably wants to move on and it is probably the right thing for his career. But we could of at least made an offer! Seems it’s as much us wanting to cash in as him wanting to leave (similar seemed to happen with Jota).

If we end up only getting around £50M for him we could have brought that money in by selling 2 or 3 other players that would be missed less than Neves...

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has there ever been any indication that we even offered him another contract? Seems sad we haven’t even tried to keep him. He probably wants to move on and it is probably the right thing for his career. But we could of at least made an offer! Seems it’s as much us wanting to cash in as him wanting to leave (similar seemed to happen with Jota).

If we end up only getting around £50M for him we could have brought that money in by selling 2 or 3 other players that would be missed less than Neves...
Neves wants football dreams that we can't offer .....he has made that clear...he wouldn't have signed a new deal ..

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves wants football dreams that we can't offer .....he has made that clear...he wouldn't have signed a new deal ..
I’m sure you’re right.
Same is probably true of Declan Rice, but non the less West Ham have still made him as good an offer as they can in the attempt to keep him.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure you’re right.
Same is probably true of Declan Rice, but non the less West Ham have still made him as good an offer as they can in the attempt to keep him.
They made it public, that's all....we probably have offered a deal or at least made Neves aware he would get one if he wanted to stay .....

There has probably always been a gentlemans agreement with neves that when he felt the time was right , we wouldn't put up obstacles in the way...

D

Deleted member drgr12429

They made it public, that's all....we probably have offered a deal or at least made Neves aware he would get one if he wanted to stay .....

There has probably always been a gentlemans agreement with neves that when he felt the time was right , we wouldn't put up obstacles in the way...
This season was pivotal. If we'd have reached Europe i think he would have stayed. Because we didn't he feels he has to move to get the football he desires, and to be fair he deserves. It is what it is now, and i'm at peace with it, even if he goes to Utd. I'm sure they offered him the best contract the club was willing to stretch to, but it's the level of football he craves, not just the money.

It's a what could have been moment. The hope is that we spend his fee wisely, and push on to greater things. If we don't then that's when it'll seem to have been a waste of time moving him on.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This season was pivotal. If we'd have reached Europe i think he would have stayed. Because we didn't he feels he has to move to get the football he desires, and to be fair he deserves. It is what it is now, and i'm at peace with it, even if he goes to Utd. I'm sure they offered him the best contract the club was willing to stretch to, but it's the level of football he craves, not just the money.

It's a what could have been moment. The hope is that we spend his fee wisely, and push on to greater things. If we don't then that's when it'll seem to have been a waste of time moving him on.
I don't think europa league, Europa conference , which is probably the maximum of our level is in line with Neves football ambitions.....

It wouldn't push Neves into the international team playing the likes of the Northern Ireland champions and the Armenian champions again.....that's not a dig at us at all , just a reality...

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I don't think europa league, Europa conference , which is probably the maximum of our level is in line with Neves football ambitions.....

It wouldn't push Neves into the international team playing the likes of the Northern Ireland champions and the Armenian champions again.....that's not a dig at us at all , just a reality...
Well if he goes to Yanited that's exactly what he will be getting for this season.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think we extended his contract last year
Ofc we are trying to cash in on him,thats why we bought him here in the first place
We have had 5 years of him ,thats a decent spell in this day and age,we are selling him at his prime,and every player has a price
As good and as loved as he is,i do believe we can replace him quite easily for the job he is doing right now
I still believe he would be a better player pushed up another 10 yards or so,but thats not our style at this point
Would i like him to stay ofc,but he has ambitions and at this juncture we cant fulfil those with any great certainty

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score

Agreed but the stars have aligned to make me think that the players believed we could qualify for the Champions League before losing twice to Arsenal in February. Neves even made some un Neves like sarcastic comments about their wild celebrations. Deep down I think more importantly that he and the others realised then that it was game over for us and several players as Neves would have stayed around for a Champions league campaign next season. Our post-Arsenal results and the stink that has followed us around since then suggest that this was the case. IMHO. The fact that Jota will take part to some extent in the CL Final today says it all.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves lack of first team investment and not looking like they have a plan of evolving the team to progress means Neves will go. Inevitable. Very best of luck to him.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we extended his contract last year
Ofc we are trying to cash in on him,thats why we bought him here in the first place
We have had 5 years of him ,thats a decent spell in this day and age,we are selling him at his prime,and every player has a price
As good and as loved as he is,i do believe we can replace him quite easily for the job he is doing right now
I still believe he would be a better player pushed up another 10 yards or so,but thats not our style at this point
Would i like him to stay ofc,but he has ambitions and at this juncture we cant fulfil those with any great certainty
Yeah I do understand the situation.

I also agree about him playing further forward, ideally we’d keep him and have him do the role Moutinho currently does then bring in Palhinha to be the deeper midfielder.
Even if we had to cash in on Donk and save on the Moutinho wages!

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Gaining traction to Utd. Ten Hag really wants him there. I'd prefer it because Barca haven't got a bean. We'd get decent money from Utd, which is the very reason we are selling!
Maybe put a clause in the contract that he can't play against us..lol

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
The thought of Ruben playing against us for ManUre makes me feel slightly sick. I appreciate we can't match his ambitions and he's as likely to turn up at Old Trafford or Emirates as he is at Barca.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United fans are in unknowledgeable and ungrateful if twitter is a barometer. Don’t o there Ruben they’re clueless and classless

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thought of Ruben playing against us for ManUre makes me feel slightly sick. I appreciate we can't match his ambitions and he's as likely to turn up at Old Trafford or Emirates as he is at Barca.
Sadly, Man Utd are a big club who really want to be winners. Our 1st XI strategy is to compete at best.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gaining traction to Utd. Ten Hag really wants him there. I'd prefer it because Barca haven't got a bean. We'd get decent money from Utd, which is the very reason we are selling!
I think he wants De Jong and Ruben will replace de Jong at Barcelona. However, if he can’t get De Jong then Neves is 2nd choice. In which case we fleece them as they want to spend to please the new manager. We have to accept Neves is going to the highest bidder that he, not us, wants to play for. Would Man Utd be right for him? I’m not sure.

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score

Absolutely no way do I want to see him playing for them over a foreign team like Barca, even if we get a bit less money

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
He"s going, so we need the best deal (Real money from the likes of Manure Arsenal or the Mags) rather than a handful of beans & some sprogs from Barca. He doesn"t want to participate (which is all Wolves are doing - losing an FA Cup semi, QF Europa league & finishing between 7th & 10th in the prem) He wants to win some trophies during his career.
Good luck to him (Wherever/whichever club he goes to - He stayed longer than anyone expected & even had a Wolf tattoo. He"s more than earned his chance for glory

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re going to have to swap him for the Barca boys just so we have enough players to field a team at this rate.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been magnificent. Great player, great human being. If it's man yoo we have to try and swindle them for 70 mill.
70 mill ain’t a swindle Steve.

Its a bargain for such a great player!

If Man U can and want to pay 80 odd million for Pogba and Maguire who have been rubbish, then Ruben is worth more.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
70 mill ain’t a swindle Steve.

Its a bargain for such a great player!

If Man U can and want to pay 80 odd million for Pogba and Maguire who have been rubbish, then Ruben is worth more.
You are probably right mate we will have to see.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me too RW.
Can't imagine a worse scenario!!
YUCK !!!

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
With a bit of luck the Mags will bid more than the mancs & force Rubens price up

Back
Top Bottom