Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton’s Finances

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My concern is that Newcastle spent a fortune, how have they escaped FFP?

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What will happen (if indeed anything will happen) will be similar to the West Ham/Sheff Utd incident when they signed Tevez.

Everton will have to compensate which ever team gets relegated, and then they’ll be free to spunk away vast sums of money again.

Now, if Everton were guaranteed a top 4 finish this year, then the likes of Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd etc would ensure they got a points deduction.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed.How can they be compliant with regulations while making such huge losses. And why have Everton been allowed to continue spending large sums of money on players?

I think that Leeds United and Burnley are within their rights to question this.

Just scrap FFP and if clubs are stupid enough to get themselves into trouble so be it.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton are obviously manipulating Covid losses massively to avoid FFP punishment,but i doubt the league will do anything if courts are involved
Ive always said no court will rule in favour of FFP as its a restriction livelihoods ,and any club that goes the whole hog and challenges FFP will win

EUFA have further weakened its case by saying there will be leniency through the pandemic without saying exactly what that means
FFP as a whole is actually a good thing, but once again has been poorly worded and poorly implemented leaving huge loopholes for certain clubs to manipulate finances by clever accountancy

Im sure over the first years of Fosun we were as bad as anyone,but fortunately it paid off with promotion and good positions in the Prem
Even so its restricted us the last 2/3 seasons,whereas others seem to disregard it and plough on regardless

Im equally sure had either Leeds or Burnley been safe by now nothing would be said by them
The days of Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal etc have gone,where owners can plough hundreds of millions into a club to make it top 4/6,but theres obviously a rethink needed on FFP if owners guarantee losses over a short period,may not seem fair, but if your one of the lucky ones do you really care that much?

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heard they was going to sell Goodison for 60 million to balance the books.

Then realised only a large piece of scrap metal

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From a strictly Wolves perspective, I want Everton to stay up and Burnley to go down for the reason one club is very generous in giving us points and the other isn't.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The concession for Covid losses will have been used by many clubs as a ready made bucket to throw as much expenditure into as they could to give breathing space on FFP.

if there is to be a level playing field and proper financial fair play rules then independent regulators need to be all over this going forward.

Vicious Sid

Reaction score
We've a better record against Everton and Leeds.
So Burnley can go forth and multiply.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to any club that gets around or tries to get around the farcical FFP regulations.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of evertons losses are based on impairment of player values, I can't really disagree with that looool

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
These numbers are beyond a joke. FFP was brought in to stop sugar daddies taking the ****.
If nothing serious happens to Everton, FFP could be all but over as a deterrent

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just scrap FFP and if clubs are stupid enough to get themselves into trouble so be it.

There should be a simple rule that if you fail to pay your bills you get an automatic points deduction.

Clubs would soon start living within their means then.

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
If we have been sticking to the rules, which was given as the reason by Jeff we haven’t spent more on players due to premier and UEFA FFP, why aren’t we complaining too?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
If we have been sticking to the rules, which was given as the reason by Jeff we haven’t spent more on players due to premier and UEFA FFP, why aren’t we complaining too?
Because Everton’s dodgy dealings haven’t affected us probably. One of Burnley or Leeds is going to go down instead of Everton and I think that’s their biggest grumble really.

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
Because Everton’s dodgy dealings haven’t affected us probably. One of Burnley or Leeds is going to go down instead of Everton and I think that’s their biggest grumble really.
Yeah I get the urgency with their complaint, fortunately we’ve beat them twice this season, but there will be other teams missing out on points, prize money and table position from playing them, and from Jeffs comments we’ve missed out on transfers!
I’d think every team that has been constraining themselves correctly in the eyes of FFP would be complaining

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton are obviously manipulating Covid losses massively to avoid FFP punishment,but i doubt the league will do anything if courts are involved
Ive always said no court will rule in favour of FFP as its a restriction livelihoods ,and any club that goes the whole hog and challenges FFP will win

EUFA have further weakened its case by saying there will be leniency through the pandemic without saying exactly what that means
FFP as a whole is actually a good thing, but once again has been poorly worded and poorly implemented leaving huge loopholes for certain clubs to manipulate finances by clever accountancy

Im sure over the first years of Fosun we were as bad as anyone,but fortunately it paid off with promotion and good positions in the Prem
Even so its restricted us the last 2/3 seasons,whereas others seem to disregard it and plough on regardless

Im equally sure had either Leeds or Burnley been safe by now nothing would be said by them
The days of Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal etc have gone,where owners can plough hundreds of millions into a club to make it top 4/6,but theres obviously a rethink needed on FFP if owners guarantee losses over a short period,may not seem fair, but if your one of the lucky ones do you really care that much?
Well, the fact that Wycombe and Boro took out a lawsuit made the EFL act over Derby and the points deduction sent them down the following year. Both clubs came to some sort of settlement.

Not saying that the Premiership will penalise Everton, as you say they are a big club, but there is a precedent.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Yeah I get the urgency with their complaint, fortunately we’ve beat them twice this season, but there will be other teams missing out on points, prize money and table position from playing them, and from Jeffs comments we’ve missed out on transfers!
I’d think every team that has been constraining themselves correctly in the eyes of FFP would be complaining
Fair point, I just think it’s one of them, Leeds and Burnley are probably mightily ****ed off that Everton have stayed up when it seems like they’ve not followed the rules, whereas those two clubs have and one will go down.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair point, I just think it’s one of them, Leeds and Burnley are probably mightily ****ed off that Everton have stayed up when it seems like they’ve not followed the rules, whereas those two clubs have and one will go down.
I'm sure that me learned friends have already been briefed. The absolute last thing that the EPL will want is active Court intervention.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our sanctions were nothing to do with Premier League FFP rules.....ours were all to do with UEFA FFP rules....we only got done as a consequence s of qualifying for European competitions......

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The PL financial rules are a total joke. Quoting the Guardian, back in March, long before Leeds and Burnley complained…

“Budget and transfer restrictions are the first sanctions which can be applied but the PA news agency understands there will be no penalties forthcoming due to the extenuating circumstances associated with Covid. The Premier League has had access to Everton’s latest accounts since November and with the Goodison Park club continuing to be fully transparent and cooperative, club officials remain confident that Everton are in a good place.”

If the case went to court and it was found that Everton had not in fact complied, then the PL themselves will be in very deep water.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not Everton related, but La Liga now reporting PSG to UEFA over the Mbappe deal. Football is killing itself.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not Everton related, but La Liga now reporting PSG to UEFA over the Mbappe deal. Football is killing itself.
Bet that they wouldn't have said a word if he'd signed for Real on the same deal. Arrant hypocrisy.

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
Our sanctions were nothing to do with Premier League FFP rules.....ours were all to do with UEFA FFP rules....we only got done as a consequence s of qualifying for European competitions......
I did say UEFA FFP…………… we are still compliant to both as a result I hope?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did say UEFA FFP…………… we are still compliant to both as a result I hope?
Yes sorry mate , only half read it......yes we are clear of any FFP sanctions....weve done our stint in the dogs house for upsetting the apple cart ..

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Also worth bearing all of this in mind when complaining about how much Fosun spent in the last couple years. Yes, there were tricks they could pull to get more room financially, but with a history of a high profile complaint from other clubs in the past, and the ongoing UEFA sanction (now ended), being seen to be squeaky clean was a good thing.

Pete

Groupie
Reaction score
And with a shortened off season this year due to the world cup, not a long time to make a decision.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another thing I can’t understand is how Everton Football Club is still trading. I have never owned a business, so I don’t know a lot about these things, but if a business ran up debts like that in any other industry they would have been bankrupt.
Trading whilst insolvent?

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
How the **** have Everton been allowed to get away with this by the Premier League? It’s almost like the rules only apply to certain clubs and not the established ones.

FFP is absolutely farcical, but we already knew that.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There was an interesting thread on the Leeds Twitter feed recently about the length of time the club was taking to pay small, local traders - and the number of times Leeds tried to avoid paying by offering shirts/match tickets instead. We're talking bills for around £600 here and I always think that's a sure sign of a club with real financial problems.
Wonder if there are any similar stories about Everton?
Hopefully Wolves pay all local traders bang on time

Back
Top Bottom