Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Sevilla were great to watch a couple of years ago, not gung ho but very good on the ball and controlled games keeping the ball moving waiting to open up gaps then picking up the tempo.

If there's any chance of getting him in to oversee the necessary rebuild we need then as harsh as it is on bruno I'd be for it.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fake news!

I hope there's some truth to this rumour. It kinda implies we'll be busy in the transfer window

I feared we'd be strictly sell to buy but most of my doom and gloom predictions have been proven wrong
I was watching the build up on La Liga and that's what they reported if its true who knows?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui? I don't know why, but I just haven't taken to him. No charisma. No big bushy beard.
I was thinking when was the last time we had a former national manager. Graham Taylor was the answer. Mind you, Stale Solbakken went on to be one......

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Lopetegui does take over put your money on Isco being one of his first signings

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We shouldn't be swapping managers so quickly..Lage has had a full season with us, he knows what players we need for next season. Bringing Lopetegui in would mean starting from square one, and a gamble..

that's the logic that managers build 'their' team. these days the club should build its philosophy so it's not reliant on the head coach. not doing this has led to man u falling apart

sadly for us i can't quite see who is in charge of our club's football recruitment since Thelwell left. Maybe sellars but doesn't seem convincing

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do feel Bruno has been shafted by Jeff, but if we have any chance of bringing in a manager of Lopetegui's calibre we should do it. Maybe the Portuguese revolution is over and we're about to embark on a Spanish one.

I think the thing which excites most of us about this rumour, is if he came, likely it would be on the understanding of significant funds and strengthening of the squad. If he joined with Monchi too, even more so. It’s been said that Jeff admires Levy, so perhaps his conversion to hiring a DoF has changed Jeff’s mind ;)

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We shouldn't be swapping managers so quickly..Lage has had a full season with us, he knows what players we need for next season. Bringing Lopetegui in would mean starting from square one, and a gamble..

Seems to have worked for Spurs with Conte though!

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
If this turns out to be true, could it have been the plan all along, with Lage like a Zenga-type backup until someone became available that they lined up?

Or being completely cutthroat that if there’s an obvious upgrade available (if he actually is) then you take it?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s an upgrade on what we’ve got but he’s also a defence-first coach which I thought was something we were trying to come away from.

He would be the manager to pick if Jeff and Sellars didn’t fancy a huge instant rebuild.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aren't the board really into the character of our staff? If so, then I'm not sure he fits the bill. Seems flaky to me and if he did join us he would jump at the first opportunity to go somewhere bigger.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aren't the board really into the character of our staff? If so, then I'm not sure he fits the bill. Seems flaky to me and if he did join us he would jump at the first opportunity to go somewhere bigger.
Not sure. Does seem to have that sort of reputation for some reason but it's only been Spain to Real Madrid where he's jumped ship and even then he'd been managing Spain for two years, and obviously since Real he's been at Sevilla for three years

Don't think we can quite put him in the same category as Marco Silva just yet

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're following the pattern of nauseating, grind a win, send a glass eye to sleep stuff then he'd be ideal.

Sevilla are dire to watch. Often make simple games look difficult. Score very few goals considering the talent at their disposal.

Perfect fit.
For the record, I'm not one who ever joined the clamour for a more exciting brand of football.

My priority when watching Wolves is that we win. If winning is more consistent playing a more conservative but controlled style, then I'm all for it.

I'm happy to win 1 0 having one shot if we limit the opposition to zero shots. I'd be happy knocking the ball around the back five for 89 minutes to protect a lead.

I was perfectly happy with Nuno's pragmatic approach, and never wanted a shift to a back four.

Lage had us playing exciting football for three matches, other than that his tenure has not seen an identity imposed on the team.

I miss the counter attack, I miss the defence setting traps and breaking at speed and in numbers, I miss that identity.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I long for the day our manager jumps ship to move to a bigger club. It means we'd have enjoyed a period of success. After Wolves, I hope Lopetegui gets the United job.

Stourwolf

Reaction score
I do feel Bruno has been shafted by Jeff, but if we have any chance of bringing in a manager of Lopetegui's calibre we should do it. Maybe the Portuguese revolution is over and we're about to embark on a Spanish one.
Definetely been shafted by Jeff, but he really doesn’t give me confidence going forward, especially when he says we dominated Newcastle and Burnley games !!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I miss the counter attack, I miss the defence setting traps and breaking at speed and in numbers, I miss that identity.

I'm with you on this to a point.

If the Nuno identity had been replaced with another identity, great.

I think the main reason we miss it is that we currently have no identity.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, I fear if this is the case and Bruno is going despite in all probability finishing 8th or 9th we are essentially turning into another Watford. Had the season happened in reverse and we started the season how we have ended it I think we'd probably have sacked Bruno before the clocks went back. WHilst the end of the season has been very disappointing, all told given there was no major opportunity for Bruno to bring in his own players last summer I think 8th/9th is a decent first season and an improvement on last season both in finishing position and overall style of play.

Whoever Fosun bring in however if its sticking with Bruno or Lopetegui/some other foreign coach if they want next season to be a success they will need to back the manager more than they did Bruno last summer or Nuno the two summers previously.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well the first isn't happening so forget the second...
Let's hope not.... because if this picture is anything to go by, he won't want to pile on any more timber
1652956164291.png

Attachments

• 1652956121087.png
    1652956121087.png
    657.9 KB · Views: 13

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the record, I'm not one who ever joined the clamour for a more exciting brand of football.

My priority when watching Wolves is that we win. If winning is more consistent playing a more conservative but controlled style, then I'm all for it.

I'm happy to win 1 0 having one shot if we limit the opposition to zero shots. I'd be happy knocking the ball around the back five for 89 minutes to protect a lead.

I was perfectly happy with Nuno's pragmatic approach, and never wanted a shift to a back four.

Lage had us playing exciting football for three matches, other than that his tenure has not seen an identity imposed on the team.

Nuno was forced into being pragmatic last season when he lost about 40 goals with the departure of Jota, and Doherty and the injuries to Jimenez and Neto.

Fans just couldn’t see that. He had to get pragmatic simply to keep us up.

There was nothing wrong with the football we played in our first two seasons back!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope Fosun always have a long term and a short term plan. Thats what good owners do.
I would think ,at his low salary and with the team in transition , they decided Bruno would do a job short term job like Jackett, Lambert and Zenga.
But now they have had enough time to make a long term decision and I would bet Lopetegui fits that bill nicely.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno was forced into being pragmatic last season when he lost about 40 goals with the departure of Jota, and Doherty and the injuries to Jimenez and Neto.

Fans just couldn’t see that. He had to get pragmatic simply to keep us up.

There was nothing wrong with the football we played in our first two seasons back!
I could see it. We were looking very poor. Nuno compacted the team and we understandably took a safety first approach.

Back
Top Bottom