Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think most players are a bit more intelligent than just weighing up how big a "name" their coach is. Who would you listen to - Lage, or Lampard? Wenger or Shearer? Mourinho or Ince?

Obviously if the coaching is crap, that's a different topic entirely.

Hold on.
Ince - great player **** manager
Mourinho - no player, great manager
Wenger - **** player, great manager
And more

If it was just so simple Mourinho & Wenger would never have been coaches and Paul Ince would be a top coach

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hold on.
And more

If it was just so simple Mourinho & Wenger would never have been coaches and Paul Ince would be a top coach

...yes, that's my point! I was replying to someone criticising Lage with:

He is a total no one with no playing experience

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you are an international, ambitious player with experience on the world stage like neves, mountinho, Raul, Jonny, Neto etc are you really going to sit in the dressing room or be on the training pitch and give a crap what Bruno lage says about the game?!

He is a total no one with no playing experience and pretty much no managerial experience. You see the way players listen to senior coaches and want to learn from them to get better. There is no way a single player at wolves is thinking “I really want to play for lage and do what he says cos he can help me be a better player”.

We tried it for one year. He ain’t the guy. No one is inspired by this guy. He is a wet lettuce.

what a load of owd balony.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How does owning wolves help them get construction contracts in the midlands? That seems a massive stretch of the imagination.

The whole “id rather play attractive football and finish in the bottom half” is a fools folly. The natives would be severely restless if that happened. I’d guarantee after a few 4-3 losses on the bounce everyone would be shouting for a return to 5 at the back immediately.
Well, the British Govt was courting the Chinese for investment for years - Nuclear power, Telecomms - and had meetings about taking over HS2 construction in Feb 2020.

West Midlands is a hub for HS2, and the freight link to Southampton.

We saw Chinese buying West Brom, Stone, Villa, Wolves... and then we fell out. The geopolitics changed, and it all stopped. The Chinese pulled out and investment in the project stopped (although that's all due to fair play of course).

I don't know if there is a direct link between Chinese interest in UK football and their desire to get big contracts, but you would have to be stupid not to question their motives... unless you work for them of course.

Are you paid to be a constant cheerleader SBK?

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How does owning wolves help them get construction contracts in the midlands? That seems a massive stretch of the imagination.

The whole “id rather play attractive football and finish in the bottom half” is a fools folly. The natives would be severely restless if that happened. I’d guarantee after a few 4-3 losses on the bounce everyone would be shouting for a return to 5 at the back immediately.

Is it time to quote Milhouse again?

The rand corporation in collaboration with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires are forcing our parents to go to bed early in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner!

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hold on.
And more

You can add Nuno to the list of **** player, great manager!

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm veering over the line that Bruno needs to go, he has inherited a squad that many can see have gone stale, he wasn't backed, yes. But he still has enough quality in that squad to get a winning result against -56 goal difference Norwich at least once over the 3 games.

Its evidently clear the players haven't been playing for him for whatever reason, the performances have been dreadful to watch all season, no energy, no threat and we don't really have an identity in our play, seems to be 5 at the back, pass around slowly a bit and then once every 15 mins fire a cross into a box empty of Wolves players. They don't seem like they like him very much, even in interviews you can see he's devoid of any charisma.

His subs make little sense on the whole and he waits too long to do them, finishing with Hwang and Trincao up top against City was criminal when he could of been giving Silva some minutes. When the chips are down at the end of games, he throws on 5 attackers and just hopes for the best and if anything we look worse.

His persistence with Hwang is puzzling as well as everyone and their mums can see he has the footballing ability of a satsuma (who ever signed off on his transfer early needs marching through waterloo road being whipped), playing Donk and Jonny out of position etc etc..

Him and the players have bottled every big game we've had to drag ourselves kicking and screaming into a European spot and our form since Feb is honestly embarrassing, the big thing for me apart from the obvious, swinging it in favour of him going is trust...This summer SHOULD be a big rebuild project, and do we trust Bruno to spend the only money we might have to spend for another 3 seasons on his style of players for him to start the season as he has ended this one, do we trust him to turn it all around and stop the rot, he couldn't at Benfica, do we trust him to go away over the break and come back with players in mind for an all new attacking system...I don't think I do.

Seems like a good coach, not sure he's a good manager.
I agree with some of your points, but I think we all have to admit that our players are rubbish. I don't really blame Lage for this capitulation and feel he needs to have a proper transfer window where we're not rushing at the end to sign below par players such as Moore.

I think we should give him at least the 1st half of next season to see where we are and hopefully if the club invest in the summer, we'll be closer to the top of the table than the bottom.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota is on record as saying he only came to wolves cause Jorge told him to....did an interview at Liverpool...
On Dave Edwards podcast he also mentioned that after Costa's first season with us, Dave asked if he was staying and Helder's response was along the lines of, "it depends on where Jorge wants me to go". I also read an article where Jose Sa said he knew nothing about the Olympiacos deal. Mendes just told him to get on the plane, and then he landed in Greece. Very dodgy in my eyes to be honest and something I have never been comfortable with.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Dave Edwards podcast he also mentioned that after Costa's first season with us, Dave asked if he was staying and Helder's response was along the lines of, "it depends on where Jorge wants me to go". I also read an article where Jose Sa said he knew nothing about the Olympiacos deal. Mendes just told him to get on the plane, and then he landed in Greece. Very dodgy in my eyes to be honest and something I have never been comfortable with.
Swings n roundabout though isn't it....helder Costa for instance is probably a wealth young man and it's all down to Jorge really.....again Jose Sa ....Porto reserves to premier league.....it's down to Jorge....

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Swings n roundabout though isn't it....helder Costa for instance is probably a wealth young man and it's all down to Jorge really.....again Jose Sa ....Porto reserves to premier league.....it's down to Jorge....

Think Jorge & his clients have both done well out of it

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Players choose to have him as an agent. Doherty changed agents to get his move have a feeling traore did too. They get plenty from being represented by him

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players choose to have him as an agent. Doherty changed agents to get his move have a feeling traore did too. They get plenty from being represented by him

Yep, same with Raiola before his death, players ADORED him. Got to be a reason why, and that reason is that he always put the player first.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle's Board is still a bunch of idiots then, if that's their thinking, so nothing changes. Unfortunately, however, even if he got shown the door at Newcastle, Eddie Howe isn't Portuguese, so no chance he would get a job with us. He doesn't strike me as a 'yes man' either, which is another reason why there is no chance Shi would appoint him.
Indeed.
There's more chance of Mourinho coming to Wolves than Howe.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s a genuine question.

In my view it’s obvious that those players joined because of the link between FOSUN and Gestifute.

In that case, problem solved and everyone can stop panicking. Because Fosun are still here and the link with Gestifute is still in place.

This highlights the selective problem in all of this threads complaints.

IF Jeff is in sole charge and decides everything himself...then he gets the credit for all the good stuff. And the good news is he's still here and still in charge. And it doesn't matter whether the people below him are 'yes men' or not. IF it's all down to Gestifute, then the good news is they're still around, and it doesn't matter that Jeff is here and appoints 'yes men.' IF it's down to Sellars, then the Sporting/Technical Director role is important, and Thelwell deserves credit for what happened during his tenure. Whichever way we slice this, most of the people who have been responsible for the good decisions are still at (or working with) the club, and they're the same people who fans on here now want to cast as 'clowns' and 'yes men.'

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, the British Govt was courting the Chinese for investment for years - Nuclear power, Telecomms - and had meetings about taking over HS2 construction in Feb 2020.

West Midlands is a hub for HS2, and the freight link to Southampton.

We saw Chinese buying West Brom, Stone, Villa, Wolves... and then we fell out. The geopolitics changed, and it all stopped. The Chinese pulled out and investment in the project stopped (although that's all due to fair play of course).

I don't know if there is a direct link between Chinese interest in UK football and their desire to get big contracts, but you would have to be stupid not to question their motives... unless you work for them of course.

Are you paid to be a constant cheerleader SBK?
No paid cheerleader, just think it’s a bit of a stretch to think Fosun, with no background in construction brought the wolves to get midlands construction projects especially as we fall squarely into their leisure division

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why’s he giving the players so much time off?

Several away abroad again as of Tuesday.

Because it's fairly common knowledge that rest helps improve athletic performance.

It might be tempting to drag them in and make them run laps all day after every bad performance, but that's just shooting yourself in the foot for no reason.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No paid cheerleader, just think it’s a bit of a stretch to think Fosun, with no background in construction brought the wolves to get midlands construction projects especially as we fall squarely into their leisure division

Fosun's Intelligent Manufacturing: China's First Privately-owned High-speed Railway Starts Operation​

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fosun's Intelligent Manufacturing: China's First Privately-owned High-speed Railway Starts Operation​

So what's the theory - when the Government are deciding on which HS2 suppliers to use, the procurement person is hopefully a Wolves fan, so gives it to Fosun?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Newportwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Nobody is expecting them to do laps….think we’ve moved on from the 1970s…..but I’m sure there is some analysing that could be done I mean it’s not like there is nothing to analyse is there? It just confirms to me what it’s looked like for weeks now…that they’ve all given up…players, coaches, fans ….everyone.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So what's the theory - when the Government are deciding on which HS2 suppliers to use, the procurement person is hopefully a Wolves fan, so gives it to Fosun?
I think it's a bit more complicated than that, but let's go with yes.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So nothing happened first two thirds of the season, then the problems start, but nothing happened, and if it did its handled lol
Well thats that cleared up then

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Fair enough I genuinely didn’t know they had an involvement in construction. I’ll stand down from my previous comment
The large majority of HS2 contracts have been let now, certainly the major construction ones. I know from first hand experience that all the contracts have requirements in them for local content.

Back
Top Bottom