Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What’s Nuno doing these days??

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I know it’s annoying when this happens but I can’t let it go, 40 is a looong stretch.

But here we go...

(League only)
If you average out Doherty, Jimenez, Jota goals over the first 2 seasons it’s 27.

Raul had scored 4 before he went down

Neto played 31/38 for 5 goals so on average a goal every 6 games or there abouts . So I’ll give you 1 goal for the 7 games he missed at the end of the season.

27-4+1 = 24

In any case I get your sentiment. 24 goals is still a significant number of goals to replace and any team on par or around our level would also struggle. But that’s football, there is always injuries and players always come and go.

Nuno’s time here was up whether it was poor recruitment, a global pandemic, plain bad luck or a combination of all 3.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the best goals of our championship winning season, we played some excellent football back then
Yes we did then but Nuno gave us the exact opposite a bit later, the most boring unimaginative football you could ever see. I doubt even Fosun who know as much about football as my nan whose a long time dead would contemplate such a backward step.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Staying up.

Next!
Utter rubbish. Suggest that you change your posting name to Pinocchio, Chemical Ali or Goebbels. Your posts are about as accurate. Try to rewrite history all that you want. I for one will call you out every bloody time!

Bang on, only going in one direction under Nuno by the end.

Oh, look Tweedledum has arrived....

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I would have liked to have seen Nuno start this season and see if things changed with the fans back. If indeed he was sacked, rather than walked, he at least deserved an opportunity to turn things around at the start of a new season with the fans back. Best Wolves manager of my lifetime, a cult hero, and totally at one with the city and the fans. Will always be a legend in my mind. Wouldn't be upset if he did come back and was backed by the board, but I dont think that will happen anytime soon.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utter rubbish. Suggest that you change your posting name to Pinocchio, Chemical Ali or Goebbels. Your posts are about as accurate. Try to rewrite history all that you want. I for one will call you out every bloody time!

I don’t think the premier league would except butthurt crying as extenuating circumstances, the worst 3 teams go down. Sorry.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he deserved another window.

I personally didn't find the lockdowns 'tough' like others did but my god, watching Wolves was enough to push anyone over the edge.

That FA Cup game, was the start of an incredibly boring barron run.

Love Nuno, he'll always have a place in my heart but there's no chance he'll be back with Shi still here.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think the premier league would except butthurt crying as extenuating circumstances, the worst 3 teams go down. Sorry.

Just checked… 28 points from the last 28 games. Worse than I remembered

WR4Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Nuno gave us some great times but the football was dreadful at the end - Burnley 4-0 at home! When I think back to the Albion home game Nuno was in the dugout seemingly devoid of any emotion and looked like a man lost.
Lots of contributory factors but in the last quarter of the season we were one of the 3 worst teams and we are not far off that again now.
Neither manager was helped by transfers and who knows how much control they had over that? I imagine Bruno had little and has been sold down the river but not sure about Nuno.
I wouldn't be surprised if Fosun sacked Bruno but I think he deserves a chance to rebuild the squad I just worry that those in charge aren't up to the task of refreshing the squad in the way it needs.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both Nuno and Bruno have tried to change our style with the same players and both have pretty much failed. Not sure another manager, old or new, would have much luck either given the current personnel. Fact is, we need to spend and spend a lot to refresh this team, whomever is in charge.

Nivada

Reaction score

You've not actually attempted to disapprove anything I've said here, instead you choose to throw insult after insult out hoping you'll hit some kind of argument. what could be the reason for that I wonder. From MD 11 of that season we were in relegation form, in fact it was a real possibility prior to winning at Fulham away which we then followed up with just 2 more wins in 7 games including that 4-0 capitulation to on the beach Burnley.

But sorry yes we ended that season magnificently and Nuno would of had us in Europe this year.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've not actually attempted to disapprove anything I've said here, instead you choose to throw insult after insult out hoping you'll hit some kind of argument. what could be the reason for that I wonder. From MD 11 of that season we were in relegation form, in fact it was a real possibility prior to winning at Fulham away which we then followed up with just 2 more wins in 7 games including that 4-0 capitulation to on the beach Burnley.

But sorry yes we ended that season magnificently and Nuno would of had us in Europe this year.
I don't need to disprove it. I also don't need to prove that black is white. As it happens @SteveBullsKnee did a fine job of doing so at the time which l certainly can't better now.
It takes a magnificent level of arrogant certainty to keep trying to reinvent history as you do though.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno gave us some great times but the football was dreadful at the end - Burnley 4-0 at home! When I think back to the Albion home game Nuno was in the dugout seemingly devoid of any emotion and looked like a man lost.
Lots of contributory factors but in the last quarter of the season we were one of the 3 worst teams and we are not far off that again now.
Neither manager was helped by transfers and who knows how much control they had over that? I imagine Bruno had little and has been sold down the river but not sure about Nuno.
I wouldn't be surprised if Fosun sacked Bruno but I think he deserves a chance to rebuild the squad I just worry that those in charge aren't up to the task of refreshing the squad in the way it needs.
I wouldn't argue with much of your first two paras. Could Nuno have fixed it over a summer? Who knows.

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
Yes we did then but Nuno gave us the exact opposite a bit later, the most boring unimaginative football you could ever see. I doubt even Fosun who know as much about football as my nan whose a long time dead would contemplate such a backward step.
Yesterdays performance (& a few others under Bruno) was equally as boring & unimaginative. He’s got to go

Pilchard

Groupie
Reaction score
Antonio Dias (Nuno’s fitness coach) came to see the Norwich game with his family on Sunday.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Antonio Dias (Nuno’s fitness coach) came to see the Norwich game with his family on Sunday.
Given that the players don't look fit at all he's probably wondering what the hell has gone on.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't need to disprove it. I also don't need to prove that black is white. As it happens @SteveBullsKnee did a fine job of doing so at the time which l certainly can't better now.
It takes a magnificent level of arrogant certainty to keep trying to reinvent history as you do though.
You can't simply continue to hit back at it with insults and name calling though. Mind how you post.

DJW

Reaction score
My guess is Nuno was sacked/walked as he pointed out exactly what was required to get to the next level. After a year with Bruno it seems Jeff has finally accepted he was right. Only difference is we have wasted a year and look like having to do it without Neves. We could of started this process under Nuno and Neves may well have been motivated to be a key part of the process

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My guess is Nuno was sacked/walked as he pointed out exactly what was required to get to the next level. After a year with Bruno it seems Jeff has finally accepted he was right. Only difference is we have wasted a year and look like having to do it without Neves. We could of started this process under Nuno and Neves may well have been motivated to be a key part of the process
We've wasted more than a year, it was pretty clear that Nuno pointed out what we needed after the Europa League quarter final. He didn't get it, he tried to change things with the current squad, it didn't work, and things have spiralled downhill ever since.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've wasted more than a year, it was pretty clear that Nuno pointed out what we needed after the Europa League quarter final. He didn't get it, he tried to change things with the current squad, it didn't work, and things have spiralled downhill ever since.

Another guess

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All managers go through a long bad patch eventually.

All managers get sacked these days after 1 bad season.

Who know's if any are capable of turning things around.

If you are able to build one great team i don't get why you wouldn't be able to do it again.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really. A valid conclusion from listening to what he said and watching what happened.

Otherwise known as a guess, a bet, a punt

I’m not saying it isn’t right, I’m saying you can’t say it with certainty

When did I sign up to be a teacher of deductive reasoning?

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have absolutely no idea what went on between Nuno and the owners and we probably never will. The constant mythologising of the circumstances in an attempt to make Nuno look like a Saint and Shi the pantomime villain is ridiculous. I almost wish something totally contrary and damning to the Nuno worship would actually come out - so we could put an end to it. Nuno was a great manager - then not so good - now he's gone - not coming back - move on!

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Otherwise known as a guess, a bet, a punt

I’m not saying it isn’t right, I’m saying you can’t say it with certainty

When did I sign up to be a teacher of deductive reasoning?
Very little on here is said with certainty! We all give our opinions based on the evidence that we see. If you answered all those posts with "another guess" then you'd get very bored.

Don't worry, I don't need you to teach me about deductive reasoning, I'm good on that score.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have absolutely no idea what went on between Nuno and the owners and we probably never will. The constant mythologising of the circumstances in an attempt to make Nuno look like a Saint and Shi the pantomime villain is ridiculous. I almost wish something totally contrary and damning to the Nuno worship would actually come out - so we could put an end to it. Nuno was a great manager - then not so good - now he's gone - not coming back - move on!
Sorry if it came over like that, I certainly wouldn't call Nuno a saint. I don't think he ultimately got the right sort of backing as Doherty and Jota weren't replaced with the right kind of players. Things went wrong and that's rarely the fault of one side. I would have kept him but I understood the decision to let him go. He didn't however turn from a great manager to a not so good one, I don't think. It was just time for him to move on, and I hope he'll be successful elsewhere someday.

L78

Reaction score
I thought he was still in hiding from his tottenham disaster

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry if it came over like that, I certainly wouldn't call Nuno a saint. I don't think he ultimately got the right sort of backing as Doherty and Jota weren't replaced with the right kind of players. Things went wrong and that's rarely the fault of one side. I would have kept him but I understood the decision to let him go. He didn't however turn from a great manager to a not so good one, I don't think. It was just time for him to move on, and I hope he'll be successful elsewhere someday.
Agreed and it was not just your post I was commenting on, just the general trend to read the circumstances in a way that puts our feelings and emotions, as supporters into the unknown motivation of these involved. What if Nuno had issues with the club that were totally selfish and nothing to do with progress or availability of players? What if he told the club they would be better settling for mid-table and  they couldn't take  his lack of ambition? We will never know.

Back
Top Bottom