Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict Thread (For what it's worth)

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So sad to see how poor we have become, relegation fodder for next season I fear.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, it isnt. Because 3 clubs have got even fewer points. We have 9 points, while Norwich and Southampton have 5 and Watford 4. Little consolation, but are a whole 4 points clear!

I do agree with your broad point - it's certainly "relegation battle" form. But it's been a real sudden drop this past 5 matches, presumably players "on the beach", know they could well be leaving etc. If needed, they are capable of better. I don't think the players at those other relegation battle clubs are, though.
Do you argue the toss just to prove you exist? 11 points from 13 games equates to 33 points if it were extrapolated over an entire season. That is relegation form, whatever other teams do, and in most seasons, it would guarantee relegation. Alright? FFS.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t know any one who wants him sacked out of the st holders I know would rather see him backed and acknowledge he hasn’t been
Was in sbu for the game today and no hint of Bruno out in fact quite a few chants of Bruno lage barmy army and Bruno Bruno at the end .
Would say the forum isn’t representative as wasn’t last season with posters wanting Nuno out.
No one by me the south bank have said they want him out. Everyone has agreed he need backing.

The squad needs refreshing. Now whether FFP was an issue before is up for debate but it isn’t now. They need an overhaul in the summer and we need Neto to have a good preseason to have him fresh for next season.

Interesting summer ahead and I think I’ll call it a day on here for a while as I know what it will be like, lots of negativity and complaints that it we haven’t just signed everyone days into window.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
State of football that they can increase tickets by maybe 10% or more and give us these players as an improvement on last year.....and will be similar next season.
Something has to change in football. Fosun are well happy keeping Molineux at 32k capacity knowing that people have to renew or face likelihood they can't go and then can't meet friends etc for a day out.
Personally think Lage is our best chance of getting something better, but then really don't trust Shi to change anything.

Well from snippets I heard in the pubs today.That waiting list is gonna fall a hell of a lot.I've renewed but if I hear anymore Bull **** from Jeff shi.It will be my last.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Passive, pedestrian, predictable!!!

The highlight of the day was my daughter and I meeting Romain Saiss pre-game outside the ground, this was tempered somewhat however, when he confirmed his imminent departure from the club. He didn't seem overly happy with this news and my daughter was less so, he's one of her favourites.
Heard lots of talk in and around the ground of people not renewing season tickets and memberships, due largely to the rising costs and the general feeling of being mugged off by the moneymen at the club.

Reaction score
No one by me the south bank have said they want him out. Everyone has agreed he need backing.

The squad needs refreshing. Now whether FFP was an issue before is up for debate but it isn’t now. They need an overhaul in the summer and we need Neto to have a good preseason to have him fresh for next season.

Interesting summer ahead and I think I’ll call it a day on here for a while as I know what it will be like, lots of negativity and complaints that it we haven’t just signed everyone days into window.
Very different to the Billy Quiet then because all the ST holders by me (most of them of many years standing) definitely want him gone asap.

fleck1

Reaction score
Today has finally swayed me towards Bruno out. I've made plenty of excuses he hasn't been backed, he needs his own players etc. Today was the perfect time to put on some entertainment for the fans and it failed miserably, it's flat, it's slow, it's boring. Zero intent to even try and get at an already relegated Norwich

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t know any one who wants him sacked out of the st holders I know would rather see him backed and acknowledge he hasn’t been
Was in sbu for the game today and no hint of Bruno out in fact quite a few chants of Bruno lage barmy army and Bruno Bruno at the end .
Would say the forum isn’t representative as wasn’t last season with posters wanting Nuno out.
Anecdotal as it always is with these things, of my season ticket holder mates (9 of them), all of them universally want him gone, some of them stopped going because of the dull as dish football doesn't lend itself to a good pass of time.

All subjective.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have become one of the greatest cures for insomnia over last month it's so boring to watch no wonder the crowd has been lacklustre for a while. Today was **** and seemed like an exercise to drive fans away never mind get us to renew next season.

Bruno needs the boot there is no way I would have any faith in him with his own players and ideas next season

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easier to post agreeable positive BS and take the acclaim rather than tackle the issues isn’t it?
No. For the first time I’m going to put myself in the ‘time to bin off Coady, Bruno, and a number of others’ camp.
But I’m going to say it in a fairly neutral manner, not continually insult the captain that has served us with such distinction for a number of years.
And, up until the last few games, far more than anyone would have believed was the best of his ability.

Is it his fault that the board/successive managers couldn’t or wouldn’t improve upon him?
That his weaknesses weren’t deemed great enough to warrant the expenditure to solve?

There’s a way of going about and saying things.
Roger Johnson and O’Hara deserved much of the abuse they got. You’re talking about Coady in a similar fashion, and he hasn’t deserved that, barring a few wretched performances mostly reserved for quite recently.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno had just about won me over despite the glaringly awful football but endless odd decisions and lack of match changing tactical changes makes me think he's the problem unfortunately.

It'd be nice if folks could stop having a go at coady. He's way off form but generally he's very good in a back 3. None of our other defenders have been any good for weeks either.

Edit - forgot to say coady's body language has been all wrong too but we don't know if that's because we're playing poorly or fallings out or carrying an injury perhaps. Today was possibly the worst he has ever played and boly was hardly better. On fact boly looks a shadow of his former self sadly.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
One of the very rare times that during the game I was sorry that I made the decision to go and my mind was wandering to what else I could have done with my day instead of using it all up travelling to Molineux and back. It was pretty depressing to watch. Atmosphere as flat as a pancake and no real belief in the stadium we could win it. There was something inevitable about Norwich's goal.

I was in two minds about Lage, as I have no idea how he would do with a team rebuild. I'm starting to believe that it would be beyond his capabilities and he is out of his depth. I've been swayed by his recent chopping and changing of tactics, players and formations as we get worse week on week. It seems like he's panicking, like a rabbit caught in the headlights. I'd love him to prove me wrong.

Hope I'm wrong about all this but I'm truly worried about relegation next season. I'm also worried about next Saturday at Liverpool. If they believe they could finish level on points with Man City and it may come down to goal difference, I think we could be in for an absolute thrashing of 7 goals or more. I'm Mr Optimistic, but I have lost all confidence in this team and manager.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
No. For the first time I’m going to put myself in the ‘time to bin off Coady, Bruno, and a number of others’ camp.
But I’m going to say it in a fairly neutral manner, not continually insult the captain that has served us with such distinction for a number of years.
And, up until the last few games, far more than anyone would have believed was the best of his ability.

Is it his fault that the board/successive managers couldn’t or wouldn’t improve upon him?
That his weaknesses weren’t deemed great enough to warrant the expenditure to solve?

Roger Johnson and O’Hara deserved much of the abuse they got. You’re talking about Coady in a similar fashion, and he hasn’t deserved that, barring a few wretched performances mostly reserved for quite recently.

Completely agree. Coady has had a horrible couple of months (and I still think he is carrying a long-standing ankle injury) but has been nothing short of incredible for us as both a player and a Captain.

I think there is a debate to be had about whether we move to four at the back (and the impact it would have on his future) but it’s a huge, huge risk that could just as easily result in us being in big trouble.

Given some of the other big players and personalities we are going to lose over the Summer, my preference would be for us to sign two quick, strong centre-halves for him to organise in a three next year (but also to have the flexibility to move to a four and get an extra attacker in the side for games like today).

Unless it somehow enables us to keep Neves, I absolutely wouldn’t be considering selling Conor next season and think he still has a massive role to play.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Coady is good enough in one very specific system, a deep line 3 at the back. Unfortunately that system is very restrictive, and without the protection on it he doesn't look like a Premier League CB

T

TheConcourse

My irritation towards Coady has been pretty consistent since Sevilla. My thoughts haven’t changed since then.

They’ve ratcheted up over the past few weeks as people try to justify his inclusion because of his leadership ability whilst simultaneously watching the players put in next to no effort during games.

I see a pretty capable leader with average ability. For all of the talk, I want to see my leaders perform - not talk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Contrary to opinion here i'd like him to be backed properly, but i'll probably need to put on a helmet for the hail of abuse i'll get.. :p
No abuse here, but I'd love to know what he's done that makes you think he deserves to be backed?

I see him in charge of a team that since the beginning of December has only had a higher XG than the opposition on 4 occasions. Now I know XG is not the be all and end all of statistics but it is a good guide as to how well you're defending and how many chances you're creating. In short we are letting opponents create whilst creating little. His substitutions are often baffling, well illustrated against Leeds. There's no pattern of play, we haven't been able to cope with teams that press and we know it and opposition coaches know it. We went to Newcastle who had just been beaten by 5 and sat back allowing them to get settled and regain confidence.

There's no doubt he has been dealt a poor hand in terms of new players but any manager has to work with what he's got and the drop off in form of many players has been staggering - it points to a lot more than age catching up with them.

I could go on but I know you hate negativity so I'll refrain. Convince me I'm wrong...

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missed the game today. Guessing it went well, then.

So, what was Neves' body language like, did he seem like it was his home swansong?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The way I saw it was, in the first half, Coady, scared of Pukki's (not actually all that impressive) pace, dropped off. This let Pukki get the ball and run at him in exactly the way he can't cope with.

In the second half Boly just attacked the ball as it was played into him and never let the problem arise.

Maybe Coady isn't 100% fit, and I feel bad as I love the guy, but (as with the ridiculous decision to play Ruddy) there is no room for sentiment in professional sport.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Missed the game today. Guessing it went well, then.

So, what was Neves' body language like, did he seem like it was his home swansong?
Only giving thumbs up to the crowd in the lap of honour, no waving that could be interpreted as a farewell. So I'd say definitely staying.

He's definitely going though.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We could still finish 11th right? If we did dropping from 7th means we lose about 6 million + , drawing today should be considered s disaster if so, in football terms 6 mill is nothing now I know but still 6 freaking million pounds, even if it’s just donating it is a lot of cash.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting bored of watching us create next to nothing every bloody game too.

Dreadful how easy it is to snuff us out & it's quite shocking how bad our chance creation is.
We were all so encouraged after the first 3 games even though we lost. Puzzling how bad it has got these last 12 games or so.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Deflating... I couldn't even stay to see the pitch walk. Can't recall never doing that before. There's just no character left any more. Stagnating and riding the wave of that championship side for too long. Still undecided what to do re season ticket.
My sentiments exactly.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could still finish 11th right? If we did dropping from 7th means we lose about 6 million + , drawing today should be considered s disaster if so, in football terms 6 mill is nothing now I know but still 6 freaking million pounds, even if it’s just donating it is a lot of cash.
About three times the amount the increase in STs will raise...

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Probably roughly what Raul earns for a season, so for us that is big money

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic passion from the players. Committed, played for the shirt and scored a couple of great goals.

But enough about the disability football….
I genuinely enjoyed watching that game.
Fair play to both teams, absolute inspirations, the lot of them and I speak as a father of a child with disabilities and learning difficulties.
Well done.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way I saw it was, in the first half, Coady, scared of Pukki's (not actually all that impressive) pace, dropped off. This let Pukki get the ball and run at him in exactly the way he can't cope with.

In the second half Boly just attacked the ball as it was played into him and never let the problem arise.

Maybe Coady isn't 100% fit, and I feel bad as I love the guy, but (as with the ridiculous decision to play Ruddy) there is no room for sentiment in professional sport.
It was more that Pukki was able to find space down the right side of Coady, between Coady and Boly. It looked shambolic and fortunately Pukki couldn’t finish otherwise we would have been 3 down at half time at least. It seemed that both Boly and Coady were to blame. Of course the once he came down our left he scored.

rubyloo

Reaction score
Couldn't be bothered celebrating the equaliser - didn't want to spill my tea.

Season ticket renewal decision 50/50 at best - never thought I could end up feeling so bored watching wolves.

I remember before this season started my son showing me some clips of Benfica playing brunoball "wow" I said. Wow indeed.

Back
Top Bottom