Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict Thread (For what it's worth)

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its more a case of Norwich aren’t as good as Brighton. Performance not dissimilar imo.

Agreed. Similar performance but Brighton made the most of their big chances whereas Norwich were leaving Pukki to it on his own.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was likely my parents last game as season ticket holders. Had ST’s since about 1985, went home and away until me and my brother came along but have gone to home games throughout. They stood in the south bank initially and then had seats in Sir Jacks north bank, had the same seats from the day it opened to the day it closed. Also had these seats in the new north bank for the entirety of its (completed) existence.

Pricing is an element of the reason, although more general concerns the wider cost of living issues and concerns of what else is to come are as big an issue. The football on offer the past few months will likely have made that hurdle to jump of cost more difficult mind.

What a disappointing end it was not only for this group of players who some (many?) will likely move on but also anyone in a similar position to my parents who are also calling it a day.

So passive and so so poor.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Really poor performance and outplayed in large periods (for the third time in less than six months) by one of the worst sides in Premier League history with nothing to play for.

As I’ve said before, I think Bruno has been dealt a really tough hand. To actually weaken our squad in January after he had publicly said we needed reinforcements, and when in such a strong position, has cost us (and him massively). But results, and perhaps more importantly, performances have fallen off a cliff, and there is nothing in his CV to suggest he can turn that type of run around or be put in charge of a big rebuild.

It would be a really harsh sacking (and one, which if it did happen, should prompt some questions about those above him) but it’s quite tough to make a compelling case for him to stay on the evidence of the last 15 games.

As for the game itself. Defence all over the place again in the first half and as much as I love both Coady and Boly, there is a genuine debate to be had about their futures. If we stick with three at the back, we need two top quality centre-halves with strength and athleticism for Coady to organise. But if we do bring those players in, there is a debate as to whether we need three at the back at all.

Only real bright spot was Chiquinho’s cameo with his pace and directness masking a continued lack of attacking cohesion (much like Adama did before him). The non-appearance of Trincao suggests that decision has already been made.

Ruddy 5 - thank you for the service John. Top man and we will always have Cardiff.

Boly 5
Coady 4
Toti 6

Jonny 5
Moutinho 5 - if this is the end Joao, it’s been an absolute privilege to have you in the Old Gold. Pure class.
Neves 5 - please, please don’t go, Ruben!
RAN 6

Hwang 6 (if he’s a regular starter next year, we’re going to struggle but wasn’t anywhere near our worst player today).
Raul 5 - the closest thing to an iconic striker since Bully. Hopefully he can get back to somewhere near his best next year.
Neto 6

Chiquinho 7
Fabio 6
Podence 6

A disappointing end to a season that at one stage promised so much. The most annoying thing being that a lot of that disappointment was self-inflicted.

Some huge decisions to be made around the Manager and some players who have been absolute heroes for this club over the last few years. Regardless of what happens, those players have my eternal respect and gratitude. Modern-day Wolves legends.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Unwatchable.

Should have gone to the pictures...

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Typical end of season with nothing to play for game we had no shape and an uncanny ability to pass the ball to anybody but our own team mates. The last 10 or so matches have been flat with most parts of the team underperforming.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
we had my mom around for Sunday lunch - lovely slow roasted pork shoulder and the crackling was bangin.

Oh, verdict on the GAME?…I made the right choice to forego the game to eat lunch, is my verdict.

Be interested to see how the ST renewals are going after the last few months performance.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Compared to two seasons ago, it’s very sad to see us play this badly, game after game.

Two seasons ago was the post-lockdown run in. We were unable to beat Sheff U and Burnley. Scraped 1-0 wins in poor performances against relegation fodder that others were scoring hatfuls against. Same one season ago. We played as badly as this all too often.

What's happening now is not a *reversal* of where we were 2 seasons ago. It is a continuation. Just as one example, dismal first halves because we prefer to play at snails pace. That started when we were in the Europa League "to conserve energy". However it became a habit that we still struggle to shake off.

As an aside, continually hearing things like "why don't we try XYZ?". e.g. "why don't we play forwards in like Norwich did with Pukki?". Why do we get so few attackers forward, why do our midfield hang back with our defence etc. By now , surely the answer must be "because these players just can't do that". Our midfield can't play those defence splitting passes. If they could, surely they would have tried it after all these years? Basically, I think we risk wanting our players to do something they can't do (not to this level, anyway) and then blame the manager for them not being something other than what they are.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So disappointing end to the season since Jan really. Where’s the desire gone? Where’s the drive forward, the quick breaks, the goal attempts? What on earth has happened?

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deflating... I couldn't even stay to see the pitch walk. Can't recall never doing that before. There's just no character left any more. Stagnating and riding the wave of that championship side for too long. Still undecided what to do re season ticket.
We sounded the alarms for two summers about the stagnation and seemingly bizarre way FOSUN refused to refresh the squad. I mean, are we certain they are going to buy anyone that isn't a project for the future?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sad thing is that the team we got promoted with from the championship would thrash this side. Just shows how poor our transfer ins and outs have been.

I said the same last season! It's been more or less the case for 2 seasons now. Come back Barry Douglas, Cav and Costa :D (and that Jota guy could be useful, too)

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We sounded the alarms for two summers about the stagnation and seemingly bizarre way FOSUN refused to refresh the squad. I mean, are we certain they are going to buy anyone that isn't a project for the future?
So tell me... would you take a top 10 finish next season?

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely gutted that we’ve built the team around him whilst we say goodbye to Neves. Golden opportunity to genuinely establish ourselves in the top 6 - totally gone.
Stupid comment. We have built the team around Neves just as much as anyone else. And there is no saying Neves is actually leaving.

T

TheConcourse

Stupid comment. We have built the team around Neves just as much as anyone else. And there is no saying Neves is actually leaving.
We’ve played a deep back 3 because we can’t defend higher up the pitch. Coady is a huge part of that.

Guess we’ll see when Neves rocks up at a team who are semi capable defensively and runs riot higher up the pitch.

Positive: if we do go down Coady will be right at home talking in cliches in The Chump.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
God knows where the Project currently stands, but if there is not a serious summer refresh of personnel, then relegation becomes an option. And I'm pretty certain that has never been part of the Project. Bruno promised an attacking philosophy and he was true to his word in opening 3 games. I do wonder if someone had a word and told him to return to defensive mode as relegation is not an option. Dunno really. At risk of spouting cliches, we'll all know soon enough......

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know me wanting it won't do anything but they are the reason we're so poor, they have no interest in the club so why hold on to it.
Bring back Morgan and Moxey! If Fosun hadn't taken over we were destined for L1 again. Instead you get to bleat about lack of ambition in the PL....

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve played a deep back 3 because we can’t defend higher up the pitch. Coady is a huge part of that.

Guess we’ll see when Neves rocks up at a team who are semi capable defensively and runs riot higher up the pitch.

Positive: if we do go down Coady will be right at home talking in cliches in The Chump.
Take your negative b/s and shove it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nowhere near good enough. Massive summer ahead, some of these players are finished at Wolves. I’ll always forgive lack of ability but never ever lack of effort.
Does that include the head coach? So far out of his depth he needs arm bands.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad to see some posters using this thread to further their agenda, think things go far deeper than sack Shi, Sellars, Bruno etc and hold my hands-up that I'm guilty, more fundamental than that and starts at the the top (ownership).

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad to see some posters using this thread to further their agenda, think things go far deeper than sack Shi, Sellars, Bruno etc and hold my hands-up that I'm guilty, more fundamental than that and starts at the the top (ownership).
In one way l agree but, particularly in the FFP era, unrestrained expenditure isn't an option.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really do have some utterly stupid and negative people who claim to support our club. They have no clue what their continued negativity does. Completely sick and tired of reading their b/s. They have absolutely no understanding of what Fosun and the management team / players are doing. Instead, because performances and results haven't been so great the last 8 games, they continue to spout their diatribe. Absolutely no credit given for where we managed to get ourselves in the league. While some players are destined to leave, I do wish some of these idiots would do so as well. See you next season. Done with this crap.

Back
Top Bottom