Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Brighton Verdict

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we have some professional football staff to rebuild the squad for next season rather than the Sellars mob. We are finishing in a good position for the players we have and credit for that but I don't think we have been improved this term as was the objective when bringing in Bruno who seems out of his depth with the tactics needed to get results, partly through nievety and also lack of quality signings.
Totally unprofessional today and so sad to see. We now play the top 3 sides in the division and a chance to redeem some pride back before the transfer merry go round starts.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
afternoon didn't start well when my card wouldn't scan and I had to go round to the ticket office to get them to print a ticket for me. Queue when I got back to Steve Bull lower had grown huge. Unfortunately it moved quickly and the printed ticket scanned OK so I was forced to watch the match.
I'm not sure what the tactics were meant to be today, but they didn't seem to include, running, passing tackling, shooting or scoring amongst them.

Sa OK made a few decent saves
Silva OK and put himself about first half, not much to work with though.
Neto did OK when he cam on an Ait Nouri the least worse of the rest

As for the rest, one of the most underperforming performances I can remember watching from any Wolves team. (I've seen us play worse with poorer teams, but can't remember many if any were we were so far below what we should be capable of)

A new milestone for me (which I'm not proud of), but after nearly 50 years supporting the club and over 40 years going to matches, for the first time ever today I left before the final whistle. When the 3rd went in I had just had enough.

No disrespect to Brighton (who were well worthy of the win and could have been by more), but if we had been against a team better than them today god knows what the final score would have been

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we had the best young manager in the league a few months ago? Now he's rubbish I learn.

Meh. The Leeds game did it for me. Cared a lot less since then.

Rubbish performance obviously.
I went out this afternoon. It's the first Wolves game I've missed either live or on tv for years. I knew we would not turn up and when I got home and saw the score I was not surprised. This season is over for me and I just hope the club clear out all the drift-wood. We have stagnated for 2 seasons now after 2 glorious first seasons back which set us up for top 4/6. We need new direction possibly under a new manager.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worst performance of the season, worst for many many seasons. Players attitude was disgraceful. Wouldn’t lose sleep if any of them moved on this summer.
You can't absolve the head coach though Jade. He got literally nothing right today and stood there like a Tussauds waxwork.

If he stays and they put the STs up Fosun could get a bloody big shock. The mass walkout after the second goal and even bigger one after the third said a lot. Patience is gone.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is our average shots/ game this season. Dont understand why every other team shoots and we dont.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Noticeable that our performances, desire and results have taken a dip since Bruno called out Ki Jana Hoever,

is this just a coincidence or did he loose the players by ranting in the press conference, does this explain some of his selections and substitutions

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said the same at the end of next season, but if we begin next with Saiss, Coady, Mout, Dendoncker and now Hwang and Raul anywhere near the starting eleven then might as well not bother

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noticeable that our performances, desire and results have taken a dip since Bruno called out Ki Jana Hoever,

is this just a coincidence or did he loose the players by ranting in the press conference, does this explain some of his selections and substitutions
That happened at Benfica....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't absolve the head coach though Jade. He got literally nothing right today and stood there like a Tussauds waxwork.

If he stays and they put the STs up Fosun could get a bloody big shock. The mass walkout after the second goal and even bigger one after the third said a lot. Patience is gone.

Most of my mates are firmly in the Lage out camp now after this shambles today and most of them are happy clappers, unbelievably. Most also agree that Fosun need to get their arses in gear this summer with a quality head coach and some quality signings.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been supportive of Bruno. That was ****ing appalling. I am beginning to wonder if he does know what he is doing. Why take Fabio off. I hope we have seen the last of Boly, Saiss, Hwang, Coady, Raul and possibly Mouts.
You miss out who I thought were the two worst players on the pitch - Donk and RAN. Donk, well, we all know that's all he can do. Should never be on the pitch unless we are at least one goal ahead. RAN, I think flatters to deceive and is yet another flashy trickster who repeatedly delivers nothing. Over complicates everything - as do most of our forwards, while failing at the simple things.

For all the slagging of Potter that has been on here of him being overrated, Brighton looked a far better all round, well balanced team than we have ever done. Being careful with words to say "well balanced" as even in our best performances, we could have 60 minutes of stinking the place out, with the match won by 20 minutes of outrageous flair and skill. We still are that. Unbalanced. The problem is when the flair and skill is off form, injured or sold, you are left with what we saw today.

We've thrown in plenty of halves much the same over these last seasons, 50 at least. Today was worse because we chained 2 together, got even worse in the second half. Watching on stream that broke and listening to the commentary, it seemed the players were trying, but really poor quality in everything they did. Those set pieces...but our passing was as bad overall. The basics deserted all of them.

T

TheConcourse

All he is doing is holding us back. Take away his dazzling personality and he’s a nothing player. I don’t believe he actually organises anywhere near as much as people think either. Just because you’re vocal it doesn’t mean what you’re saying is useful. He constantly screams for the ball played back to him regardless of our position, he epitomises our safety first approach
First name I want out this summer. Garbage.

T

TheConcourse

Some ‘shocking’ departures are required this summer to shake things up. Coady, Raul donks to name a few.
Less worried about Raul. I wouldn’t want to play upfront in this team. CB and CM has to be the priority IMO.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some ‘shocking’ departures are required this summer to shake things up. Coady, Raul donks to name a few.
Coady has been really really good this season. Awful today but he's come on a lot. Now - whether or not we can ever become a front foot team playing three at the back? There's a question worth debating.

I will always love Raul. I still think he'll come good.

As for Dendoncker, meh. He's a nothing player.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Bruno can go for me. But that solves nothing. Some huge issues in this group.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You miss out who I thought were the two worst players on the pitch - Donk and RAN. Donk, well, we all know that's all he can do. Should never be on the pitch unless we are at least one goal ahead. RAN, I think flatters to deceive and is yet another flashy trickster who repeatedly delivers nothing. Over complicates everything - as do most of our forwards, while failing at the simple things.

For all the slagging of Potter that has been on here of him being overrated, Brighton looked a far better all round, well balanced team than we have ever done. Being careful with words to say "well balanced" as even in our best performances, we could have 60 minutes of stinking the place out, with the match won by 20 minutes of outrageous flair and skill. We still are that. Unbalanced. The problem is when the flair and skill is off form, injured or sold, you are left with what we saw today.

We've thrown in plenty of halves much the same over these last seasons, 50 at least. Today was worse because we chained 2 together, got even worse in the second half. Watching on stream that broke and listening to the commentary, it seemed the players were trying, but really poor quality in everything they did. Those set pieces...but our passing was as bad overall. The basics deserted all of them.
I agree about Donk, he was so anonymous I forgot about him. As for RAN, I did mention him but feel he's young enough to come good

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
I could accept us losing or going thru a bad spell like we are IF you could see the idea of what we are trying to do, a style of play, but there is nothing. I honestly thought Bruno would bring some attacking swagger, may get smacked a few times but we would see the bigger picture. I was wrong, we are going nowhere and fast. Time for a reset before we end up playing Preston again.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm done this season I don't think I'll bother with the remaining home fixtures why should I make the effort to turn up when the team hasn't in the last few weeks. This was an alarming performance that was the type of a performance where you have wonder if the players have downed tools , It was embarrassing to lose to Brighton like that.

I think FOSUN will probably relieve Bruno of his duties soon someone has definitely been earmarked.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun have run this club into the ground in terms of investment in the squad,ground etc

Keep on this track - with a Mendes patsy in charge - and the inevitable relegation beckons.

We are a million miles away from where we were when we first came up.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady has been really really good this season. Awful today but he's come on a lot. Now - whether or not we can ever become a front foot team playing three at the back? There's a question worth debating.

I will always love Raul. I still think he'll come good.

As for Dendoncker, meh. He's a nothing player.
Coady has been decent this season but a big shake up is needed. He restricts us to a back 3 and I think his on-field leadership is vastly overrated as mentioned in a previous post.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun have run this club into the ground in terms of investment in the squad,ground etc

Keep on this track - with a Mendes patsy in charge - and the inevitable relegation beckons.

We are a million miles away from where we were when we first came up.
'Run this club into the ground'.

lol

Tenth most valuable club in England.

Just listened to Bruno post-match. I'm glad he said it's the worst performance of the season as it definitely was.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our lack of transfer activity has come home to roost. Without Podence, Neves, Kilman and not back to best after injury Neto and Jiminez, we are lacking a lot of depth and we have paid the price.

Sacking a manager who has got us to eighth, in the Premier League, after 40 years of playing Crewe and Oldham, would be ridiculous in my opinion.

Everyone, or at least most people on here want Wolves to progress and to be challenging for Europe, however you have to balance bringing in talented hopefuls, with bringing in quality reinforcements. We haven't got that balance right, but we are still eighth. I hope we can learn lessons from these injuries and lack of depth and do some good business in the summer.

T

TheConcourse

'Run this club into the ground'.

lol

Tenth most valuable club in England.

Just listened to Bruno post-match. I'm glad he said it's the worst performance of the season as it definitely was.
One of many.. any worse than Palace, Burnley, Newcastle, Norwich, Brentford etc.

When we’re bad we’re rancid. When we’re good we scrape a win. The mentality of this squad is depressing to watch. Every win is a grind, every defeat is well-deserved.

Back
Top Bottom